Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Single lightning claw is dope as gently caress on all terminators. It's pretty rare that you'll actually get the merciless fighters bonus, since your typical 5 man squad will only count as 10 models so axes aren't as bad as you might think, especially with Furious Charge making you S6. With Justaerin having chosen warriors though, anybody can challenge, so having a mix is good to give you a chance against everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Magna-Lascannons are S10 AP1, 72" range, Ordnance 2, Large Blast.

And it has two of them. Twinlinked.

So not only hitting on 2's but rerolling those 1's as well.
That's not how blasts work.

That's still a scary robot.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It costs about the same as a Falchion. Makes my big tank look like a paperweight.

Shazaminator posted:

On terminatorchat, what's the best to go with Sons of Horus? AP2 is great but axes and fists mean they lose the Merciless Fighters bonus, which they'd normally be getting thanks to Extremely Bulky. I guess power or chainfists would still be best on the Sarge for S8 in challenges, but what about the regular mans?

E: head and jaw on that Knight look orky as hell.

Under what conditions do you loose the extra fist/axe attacks? If you go at I1?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, 4 S10 Ordanance blasts (with rerolls) will be the death of anything. Even with cover that thing can easily take out any 3 hull point tank per turn. Hopefully you don't pack your transports too close...

Fliers are still a good counter against them.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Except dodo dreads counter most fliers rather handily. Otherwise, yeah, a Kraken Lightning would probably poke that thing a new rear end in a top hat or two.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
It's like a baby warhound, neutron lasers will basically eat it alive because they force the snap shots.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If I was thinking of starting up a Mechanicum force would I just need this? I picked up the first HH book at Games Day waaay back when it first dropped, before I finally gave up on GW - I'm assuming the base game rules in that are trash and out of date?

EDIT: I've just seen the part of the description saying it has all the Age of Darkness rules. Problem solved.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yup. That's all you need. And your 7th edition :filez: book

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Nice, I'll grab that then. :getin:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Oh yeah, duh. Haven't played in a year.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
Do Ordenance weapons still make all other weapons snapshot even for superheavies or do they ignore that? Be weird if the Knight had to chose between the magna-las and the autocannons/missiles.

BULBASAUR posted:

Under what conditions do you loose the extra fist/axe attacks? If you go at I1?

Merciless Fighters only lets a model attack again if it's already fought at an earlier initiative step.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

No, superheavies ignore that dumbass ordnance weapon rule.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Holy chirst, Anarchis Scoria. 315 points of pure murder. I thought Dreykovac was pretty badass, but this guy is even better.

Iron Warriors might be bitches, but drat does it feel good to be a Dark Cybernetica player.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Please share with the class, all I've heard is he has an ap2 stick that deals D3 wounds when it hits.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
315 points. You can upgrade him to have an additional attack, wound, and some other characteristic. The mechanator isn't factored in so he's also T6:

All your Cybernetica Cortex units can Sweep and Run at the "penalty" of always moving toward their nearest enemy if out of controller range. W5, 2+/3++, Eternal Warrior with IWND and a 5++ which will always trigger. Shooting is ok- a pair of re rollable S6 AP3 Shooting attacks at 12", a Flamer, and Inferno Pistol. If you upgreydd him he gets his Heavy 2 48" S6 AP2 lance with blind.

But CC is where it's at- 5 WS5 I5 attacks which deal D3 automatic AP2 wounds ignoring FNP and disallow IWND and 2 additional S6 AP2 Unwieldy Shred Attacks.

Ah well. He probably sucks at Cybertheurgy right? Wait, what do you mean he gets a unique power that allows him to grant all models in the unit (as opposed to just a single model in the unit) +1 to Initiative, Move, Charge, and allows rerolls for all hits in assault. Whelp, at least he can't benefit from that, right? You already know the answer. Since he's a Patris Cybernetica he can target his own unit and give himself rerolled failed hits on all his curb stomps.

Also he has 'homo' as part his special rules
:fap:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is that guy? Goddamn.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Doesn't cyberthurgey only affect models with the cybernetica cortex anyways? He wouldn't benefit from it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He's a dark admech cybernetica dude from the new book. Apparently also a bonefide badass.

Normally you wouldn't be apply the effects to him, but with how his power is worded to affect an entire unit (and he is attached to the unit) he gets the benefits too. I doubt its intentional, but that's FWs legendary editing for you.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
So he's basically a primarch killer? 315 sounds quite cheap, 375 poss better. Any restrictions on taking him?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

So he's basically a primarch killer? 315 sounds quite cheap, 375 poss better. Any restrictions on taking him?

Can't be taken in Ordo Reductor, can't be on a loyalist side.

Biggest thing is that he's a standard infantry character that wants to smash face up close, so needs a ride and he doesn't really have any specifically great units he can join.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He's gona be in all my 1850 or higher lists, that's for sure. Combine him with a Pevarian and some battle automata and you have yourself a unit of hardened boyfriend wrestlers. He can't deepstrike, but if you take vorax he can scout or outflank. He grants a free Paragon of Metal and Rage upgrade to an Arlatax if you have one in your army, but it's instant killed if Scoria dies. He's traitor only and awards D3 victory points if killed. Comically if he stays alive you get victory points. The rules have been taken down so I can't tell you exactly. Dude is a massive pimp. Good to be a chaos robot gangster.

I'm such a massive sperg. I need to stop posting about toy dolls.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

He's gona be in all my 1850 or higher lists, that's for sure. Combine him with a Pevarian and some battle automata and you have yourself a unit of hardened boyfriend wrestlers. He can't deepstrike, but if you take vorax he can scout or outflank. He grants a free Paragon of Metal and Rage upgrade to an Arlatax if you have one in your army, but it's instant killed if Scoria dies. He's traitor only and awards D3 victory points if killed. Comically if he stays alive you get victory points. The rules have been taken down so I can't tell you exactly. Dude is a massive pimp. Good to be a chaos robot gangster.

I'm such a massive sperg. I need to stop posting about toy dolls.

Eh.

e. And since no one's really talking about the Arlatax, here's their stuff

They put the Domitar to shame and when it comes to CC the Castellax too.
Feels like Scoria would be right at home with one or two of them, but then you're losing the jump benefits.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 14, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Mango, you rock!

:lol: guy doesn't even need to roll to wound. Just to hit. What a motherfucker.
e: I owe you several beers now. Or a space wolf clock.
ee: Is that robot fast attack?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 14, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Oh oops, yeah they are. Here's a more complete shot.

Taking a Homonculex with an arc scourge is basically a no brainer if points allow it.

And might as well put up the Macrocarid Explorator. Now that's all for the new mechanicum toys.

And I can't say no to beers of wolf clocks. Better than clock spider!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Explorators are solid units. I'm glad they didn't make them into dedicated transports as it would be just too easy for allied detachments. Goes to show how badly overpriced the legion land raiders are though. The Proteus should cost a maximum of 160 points and the Phobos around 200 with enough capacity to fit characters.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Paragon of metal still grants rampage though? Probably better to use the claws at that point.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark Angles Terranic Greatsword niche: Instant killing the gently caress out of some dumbass robots. Totally going to set up a legion champion on an acid dickbike with a master-crafted greatsword for something like that. :getin: He will die horribly nobly.

Mango Polo continues to be thread hero.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 14, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Paragon of metal still grants rampage though? Probably better to use the claws at that point.

That's true. Then yeah stock Homonculex is cool. Arlatax are cool, especially if they look like domitars with engines strapped on.

e. Finally getting a use for my office's printers.

Considering I only have a pair of dull scissors and a lovely glue stick, that's pretty nice already.
With a hobby knife, some foamcore and proper glue it'd be a cinch to production-line these things.

Plus a gaming mat with an overlaid 1" grid and this is the portable & storable Zone Mortalis I've been looking for.
Don't even need to create floor tiles since the grid is directly on the mat. Plus it's Iron Warriors as hell.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 14, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Converting the dumb chainfist praetor to be a primus medicae in cataphractii: good idea??? He'd be run with a blob of the idiot fuckers and they'll eventually ride in a Spartan or something.

30k scratches my itch for HQs like crazy. There are so many options. :shepface:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Safety Factor posted:

Converting the dumb chainfist praetor to be a primus medicae in cataphractii: good idea??? He'd be run with a blob of the idiot fuckers and they'll eventually ride in a Spartan or something.

30k scratches my itch for HQs like crazy. There are so many options. :shepface:

It disincentivizes the squad from going after stuff that double-toughs them. If you aren't building them to fight Terminators I think it's a great idea. Just something to consider.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Is it worth it to put Havoc Launchers on Rhinos in 30k at all? Seems like the abundance of 4+ and better saves kind makes them less valuable.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Going way back to the early pages of the thread to say that Bulbasaur is (almost) always right. I'm re-tooling my list as I'm putting my models together and reading/learning more about the game. I wanted to necro this post and talk about some of the (slight) changes I'm considering:

The original list he posted:

quote:

Emperors Children, The Maru Skara
1860 points

HQ
-Praetor, 150pts
-Champion, 145pts

Troops
-Tactical Squad, AA, Spear, Melta Bomb, CCWs, Rhino, 215pts
-Tactical Squad, AA, Spear, Melta Bomb, CCWs, Rhino, 215pts

Elites
-Veteran Tactical Squad, Rhino, 9 dudes, AA, Spear, x4 power axes, melta bombs, 335pts
-Legion Seeker Squad, Rhino, AA, Spear, x10 combi melta/plasma, 395pts
-Contemptor Mortis, x2 Kheres, 180pts

Fast Attack
-Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter, tank hunters, x2 kraken penetrator missiles, phosphex bomb cluster 225pts

Here's how this list works. Your Champion rides with your veteran tactical squad. Turn 1 you start the game with two rhinos on the table along with the mortis dread. Turn 2 poo poo gets REAL. Your lightning strike fighter outflanks onto the table. That's right, that means it can't be intercepted. Fly it over some camping marines, murder them with phosphex, and then use your krakens to blow the hell out of an armored target. The goal is to pop a transport like a spartan and open the juicy contents. Then your seekers roll onto the table in their box. You marked their target (maybe even the squad inside the spartan) for death, and so this squad precedes to shoot x20 preferred enemy plasma shots into it. This will probably delete the unit outright. Then your veterans roll on with the soul intention to either melta bomb some vehicle into dust or to grab a midfield objective while carveing your way through most units in the backfield.

At 1860 you need to figure out what to do with your Praetor. I would suggest dropping a few seekers and mounting him up on a bike or giving him a jetpack. Then the bodyguard can be some outriders, platine blades, jetbikes, or a command squad. Or you could drop one of the Maru Skara units, make it a dreadclaw, and then put your praetor into it with 5 penix terminators.

I hope this demonstrates playing up the strengths of your legion and the crazy poo poo you can do even with what seem to be minor differences between the legions.

And the modified list I am thinking of building into:

quote:

+++ EC - Bulbasaur Memorial List (1850pts) +++

+ Legion +
Legion Astartes [III: Emperor's Children]
····Rite of War: The Maru Skara

+ HQ (315pts) +

Legion Centurion (150pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
····Consul [Legion Champion]

Legion Praetor (165pts) [Artificer Armour, Combi-Weapon, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]

+ Troops (440pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Legion Tactical Squad (215pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

+ Elites (495pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Palatine Blade Squad (245pts) [Jump packs, 4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
····Palatine Prefector [Pheonix Spear]

+ Fast Attack (600pts) +

Legion Seeker Squad (355pts) [7x Combi-weapon, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 7x Legion Seeker Space Marines]
····Legion Strike Leader [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (245pts) [Battle Servitor Control, Phosphex bomb cluster, Ramjet Diffraction Grid, 2x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

Okay, much like the original list, this one abuses the outflank rule to try to get the drop of my opponent. Turn 2 the seekers with Praetor and primaris-lightning come on, pop the cherry heavy, phosphex bomb the troops and dump 16 plasma shots on to unsuspecting victims. Then the Champion and Palatine Blades outflank in with 12" jetpack moves to try to get in some cover or LOS blocking terrain to maximize chances of getting into assault on turn 3. Derpy the dreadnaught covers any interceptor that needs to happen and mops up units that may not have been wiped out by the phosphex and/or seeker volleys.

koreban fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 15, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So I'm thinking of adding another legion to my shelf in the form of Sons of Horus, because I really like the reavers and the new justerian are baller.
What kinds of lists should I be looking at?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

So I'm thinking of adding another legion to my shelf in the form of Sons of Horus, because I really like the reavers and the new justerian are baller.
What kinds of lists should I be looking at?

Sons of Horus are basically the premier legion for dropping stuff out of orbit on your opponent. That would be regular deep striking terminators and actual drop pods of all flavors.
Their new rite, The Long March, is extremely interesting as it further boosts their playstyle with no real penalties, and they are supremely compatible with a number of generic ones (pride of the legion, orbital assault, primarch's chosen).
Key units are Horus, Justaerin, Terminators, Veterans and Reavers, plus transports. Pretty sure you can also do some seriously vile things with a podded Leviathan.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sons are really good at infantry-heavy armies with lots of reserves. Good Rites of War to consider are The Long March and the Orbital Assault one that lets you take Drop Pods. They're not bad at anything, but you don't really gain much from units that aren't trying to get in assault.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

What are my traps aside from the usuals and what are good AT options, I feel kind of spoiled with iron Havocs in that reguard. Jump pack reavers worth it? 10 with two fists SEEMS like a good idea. I'm guessing too many justerian in a single unit is a no-no.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 15, 2016

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

With the changes to the Justaerin I don't think Sons of Horus really have any trap units. Reavers are sick with jump packs and Outflank. Their only real bad units are Abaddon and Loken. Maloghurst is probably the best special character in the game for the points.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

How hard is it to convert the BaC terminator character to have different weapons? My set hasn't arrived yet, but I want to swap his chainfist for this DA sword I've got from 40k. I'd like to swap his combi-melta for a regular combi-bolter as well.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

How hard is it to convert the BaC terminator character to have different weapons? My set hasn't arrived yet, but I want to swap his chainfist for this DA sword I've got from 40k. I'd like to swap his combi-melta for a regular combi-bolter as well.
Well, the chainfist arm is posed specifically to the model and the chainfist housing is from the elbow up. It wouldn't be possible to give him a sword unless you completely remove the current arm at the elbow and graft a completely new one on. The combi-melta is much easier though you need to be careful about the vambrace. I'm currently converting the guy into a primus medicae so I have just done both of these things. The chainfist has been replaced with a Deathwing terminator apothecary's tools and the combi-melta with the sword from that same kit. Seriously though, unless you're good at converting don't attempt to replace the chainfist. It's involved a lot of chopping, trimming, and filing and I think I still have some minor green stuff work to do. You may be better off trying to get a standard cataphractii arm to fit and there is one with a power sword in the set. That'll have its own caveats though.

I'll post the guy in a few days after I've had the chance to finish everything. Along with the chaplain I converted to be... a slightly different chaplain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Safety Factor posted:

Well, the chainfist arm is posed specifically to the model and the chainfist housing is from the elbow up. It wouldn't be possible to give him a sword unless you completely remove the current arm at the elbow and graft a completely new one on. The combi-melta is much easier though you need to be careful about the vambrace. I'm currently converting the guy into a primus medicae so I have just done both of these things. The chainfist has been replaced with a Deathwing terminator apothecary's tools and the combi-melta with the sword from that same kit. Seriously though, unless you're good at converting don't attempt to replace the chainfist. It's involved a lot of chopping, trimming, and filing and I think I still have some minor green stuff work to do. You may be better off trying to get a standard cataphractii arm to fit and there is one with a power sword in the set. That'll have its own caveats though.

I'll post the guy in a few days after I've had the chance to finish everything. Along with the chaplain I converted to be... a slightly different chaplain.

Cool, thanks. The sword arm I have is the terminator power sword arm from the 40k Company Veterans kit; it's what I planned to replace the chainfist with. But if it's easier to use the power sword arm that comes in BaC, I'll do that and give this sword to the BaC Terminator Sergeant.