Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
PILOTS

Kavil (29)
Y-Wing (24), Dorsal Turret (3), Unhinged Astromech (1), Attanni Mindlink (1)

Palob Godalhi (25)
HWK-290 (20), Attanni Mindlink (1), Blaster Turret (4)

Contracted Scout (44)
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Dengar (3), Unhinged Astromech (1), Punishing One (12), Push the Limit (3)

Scout is a cool and good 44 points of turret and fake Dash, Palob target locks, Kavil focuses, then Palob steals another token and goes blaster crazy. Or something. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So Boba can take out any upgrade. So I had a mental image of him jet packing through space and like ripping off an engine then flying away. Then i realized he could take a title which made me laugh because i am picturing him flying over, ripping off a name plate then flying away.
Which actually is a ship of theseus thing really.

So...what happens if he breaks "Royal Guard TIE"?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Deviant posted:

So...what happens if he breaks "Royal Guard TIE"?
Nothing. Same if you IA the EPT astromech.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Kavil has an EPT but no other scum Y-wings do and they don't have access to the EPT droid. None of the Rebel Y-wings have an EPT and the EPT droid is unique.

Speaking of EPTs, what ships would be broken if they were given a slot for free?

I dunno if it would be broken, but I'd love an EPT on Miranda. The most broken thing I can think of would be giving EPTs to the vanilla scum Y wings. Because the only thing worse than 4 TLT Y wings is 4 TLT Y wings with crackshot.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tekopo posted:

Nothing. Same if you IA the EPT astromech.

"Hey, it looks like you have something stuck in your turret, locking it forward, friend. Let me get that. HRNG, there we go, now you should have full 360 traversal."
*Flies of with Y-Wing Title*
"Thanks, Boba!"

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
The Ghost not having any pilots with EPT seems pretty deliberate too so that would be another good candidate for breaking things.

For the Mindlink, one other neat thing to consider is that it says "assigned a focus token" verse doing a focus action, which applies to the following ships:

Guri, with her range 1 auto focus generation and EPT
Palob stealing focus and EPT
and Kaa'to Leachos who could amusingly steal a focus from another ship with Mindlink and then automatically give it back. It's limited to range 1-2 which sucks and the other ship has to have an EPT as well. So yeah, most of these are obviously bad because you give up Crack Shot or VI or whatever other 1 point EPT you could be getting instead but maybe it helps Kaa'to ever see play on the field?

Palob is tough because stealing tokens with him is hard, thanks to his awful dial and the fact most people will just refuse to use those actions when they're in range. Guri probably wants other EPTs really badly, but I do like the idea of generating free focus for a Blaster Turret. Is there a Prockets use case in there somewhere maybe? Maybe a Tansarri Point Vet with Heavy Scyk title and the other half of the Mindlink? These all really feel like a huge stretch haha which makes me wonder what they combo they were trying to make possible with this upgrade.

Edit: One other cool thing I noticed is that Guri, Black Sun Ace, Tansarri Point Vet, Mandal Merc, Kaa'to and Palob are all PS 5 which means any of them equipped with Mindlink could do the green move/remove stress/generate focus trick since they can all move in whatever order.

ZenMastaT fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 13, 2016

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
What's the least lovely list I can make using 2 E-Wings and change

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

General Battuta posted:

What's the least lovely list I can make using 2 E-Wings and change

=============
Puce Squadron
=============

Corran Horn [R2-D2, Fire-Control System, Veteran Instincts, Stealth Device] (45)

Etahn A’baht [BB-8, Push the Limit, Fire-Control System, Engine Upgrade] (43)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Squad Builder chose that name all by itself. Corran is Corran, Etahn feeds him crits while having the maneuverability to hopefully keep Corran's target within Etahn's arc. No guarantee on that at PS5 and giving him VI wouldn't help too much. Etahn has a very small place in the game and probably does better with a swarm of A-wings or Z-95s :shrug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Etahn is pretty good in Epic.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
My friend gave me a Howl Runner and Backstabber Tie pilot cards but I do not have the cardboard bases. Is there somewhere I can print of the card board bases? I wouldn't use them in any tournaments obviously but just for fun with friends.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
How incredibly bad is this :v:

quote:

KNAVE SQUADRON

100 points

PILOTS

Knave Squadron Pilot (38) x 2
E-Wing (27), Targeting Astromech (2), Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6), Advanced Sensors (3), Guidance Chips (0)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12) x 2

e: it's pretty bad, with such low PS the range 1 shots aren't gonna happen and each Knave is Soontir/Vessery level points on a PS1 5EHP ship. Bluh

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 13, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

lazerus06 posted:

My friend gave me a Howl Runner and Backstabber Tie pilot cards but I do not have the cardboard bases. Is there somewhere I can print of the card board bases? I wouldn't use them in any tournaments obviously but just for fun with friends.

If you're just playing for fun, any TIE base should work. The stats will all be the same except for PS and you can reference the card.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Some Numbers posted:

If you're just playing for fun, any TIE base should work. The stats will all be the same except for PS and you can reference the card.

That's what I do.
I just cut a corner off a post-it note and stick that over the PS value so we don't forget when it's on the table. You can also use the numbering tokens that go into the base

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ZenMastaT posted:

The Ghost not having any pilots with EPT seems pretty deliberate too so that would be another good candidate for breaking things.

Pretty sure Expose existing is what kept them from giving the Ghost an EPT. 5 dice primary weapon.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Floppychop posted:

Pretty sure Expose existing is what kept them from giving the Ghost an EPT. 5 dice primary weapon.

Hera Syndulla with VI is my guess. PS9, large base, the best discretionary movement in the game, and a 4-dice primary with potential for more at range 1 or on double-tap? That ship would have been an absolute monster.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Achievement get: range ruler acquired.

No challenge coin though :(

4 rounds of swiss using my standard soontir/whisper/OL tournament list.

1: Dash/Chewie. Whisper annihilated Dash, Chewie annihilated OL, then took out Whisper. Soontir proceeded to then chase Chewie around the board for literally half an hour, because the Chewie player had misinterpreted Jan Ors and was getting two evades per round. Soontir was untouched (except by an unlucky asteroid hit at one point) despite taking range 1 fire every turn, but conversely I was doing about 1/4 point per round on average of damage. Painful. I played the Benny hill theme. 100-65

2: Dark Curse and 4 Accuracy Corrector Tempests. Killed 3 of them, played to time. Lost OL. Just a lot of dice rolling to little effect, and messed up at least one turn with Whisper failing to have a valid decloak. It was a very tough list to chop through, but not that hard to actually beat. Fun game though. 68-26 I think.

3: Poe/Han. R2D2 Poe, Predator/Gunner Han. OL got dicefucked HORRIBLY, he rolled 12 dice in the match, and rolled I think 6 focus, no actual results. He of course being OL didn't have focus actions, he had an evade which he had to spend to not die then get back, and took a bad crit which stressed him at a point when he couldn't take a destressing turn because of asteroid placement. I try not to blame luck, but I lost him entirely to dice. Whisper on the other hand, I was trying to tactically bump Han and just got outguessed. Demolished after firing a single shot. Soontir did not last long. 0-100. >.<

4: Vader/Colzet/Wampa/OL. Annihilated Wampa with a range 1 Whisper shot in round 2, nearly killed Colzet with Soontir and OL, then lost Soontir to a bad r1 from Colzet. Anyone's game at that point. My OL was down to 1 hit point when Vader did a brave or stupid 4k which turned out to be stupid, particularly because I don't think it was necessary at all, and dropped him off the board. 100-35

Came 7th of 23. Pretty pleased with that. But definitely leaning more and more towards thinking that VI Vader would fit so much better than Whisper. But Would cost so much more that I'm not willing to spend :(

Wave 8 cannot drop fast enough, I really want to be playing some Scum in tourneys.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Floppychop posted:

That doesn't actually seem that good, since focus and target lock are each better on 4 dice than an extra dice is, so you'd need to both target lock them the round before and have experimental interface to get a second action (or some other way of getting a focus effect while still being able to take the expose action) before using expose became worthwhile.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

thespaceinvader posted:

4 rounds of swiss using my standard soontir/whisper/OL tournament list.

Came 7th of 23. Pretty pleased with that. But definitely leaning more and more towards thinking that VI Vader would fit so much better than Whisper. But Would cost so much more that I'm not willing to spend :(

Congrats on your ruler. Being in the top 1/3rd of the bracket is never bad. Sorry to hear about dicefucked OLeader. Poor action economy is basically his one weakness, to the point where I played around with PTL OLeader, but I just couldn't make it work. Some games you can squeeze in the Focus and go to work, some games you have to BRoll all the time.

Interested to see the list you ran, and interested as to why you think VI Vader is more expensive than Whisper. My thinking with Whisper is to always go 40+ points or bust, but that's also largely a product of having the room for it in POW. What's your take?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

guts and bolts posted:

Interested to see the list you ran, and interested as to why you think VI Vader is more expensive than Whisper. My thinking with Whisper is to always go 40+ points or bust, but that's also largely a product of having the room for it in POW. What's your take?

I think the expense spaceinvader is talking about is in dollars, not squad points.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I think the expense spaceinvader is talking about is in dollars, not squad points.

Pounds, but yes. Squad points wise he fits a lot better and would save me enough to get a Stealth Device for OL. But I'm not spending 70 quid to field one model.

guts and bolts posted:

Congrats on your ruler. Being in the top 1/3rd of the bracket is never bad. Sorry to hear about dicefucked OLeader. Poor action economy is basically his one weakness, to the point where I played around with PTL OLeader, but I just couldn't make it work. Some games you can squeeze in the Focus and go to work, some games you have to BRoll all the time.

Soontir PTL/RGT/Autothrusters/Stealth Device
Whisper VI/FCS/ACD
OL Juke/Comm Relay.

Thinking about trying out some of the other f/o aces instead of Whisper at the moment.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

thespaceinvader posted:

Pounds, but yes. Squad points wise he fits a lot better and would save me enough to get a Stealth Device for OL. But I'm not spending 70 quid to field one model.

Tie/X1 + ATC is about 12 pounds on ebay fwiw.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

thespaceinvader posted:

Soontir PTL/RGT/Autothrusters/Stealth Device
Whisper VI/FCS/ACD
OL Juke/Comm Relay.

Thinking about trying out some of the other f/o aces instead of Whisper at the moment.

Oh, word. I've been contemplating getting a Raider for myself anyway and would have literally no use for four copies of the ATC and title. Once I've got it, if you haven't gotten your own, let me know. I, uh, don't know how expensive it would be to mail cards to the UK, but as long as it isn't prohibitive I'm okay with parting with a set.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bunnyofdoom posted:

Etahn is pretty good in Epic.

Etahn has to be one of the laziest Star Wars names I've heard recently

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

Oh, word. I've been contemplating getting a Raider for myself anyway and would have literally no use for four copies of the ATC and title. Once I've got it, if you haven't gotten your own, let me know. I, uh, don't know how expensive it would be to mail cards to the UK, but as long as it isn't prohibitive I'm okay with parting with a set.

Wow, we had a revolution for a reason, stop trying to help the filthy redcoats. Never forget.

Also I found an old 2013 Season Two Game Night Kit on EBay for (relatively) cheap, so I'm looking for good ideas for stupid ways to give out some of the extra stuff (Black Squadron Pilot promos, and the medal mostly). I was thinking of just giving them out for things like running stupid builds in league or something, like Expose Biggs, etc. Any ideas that are more interesting?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Brunas posted:

Wow, we had a revolution for a reason, stop trying to help the filthy redcoats. Never forget.

Also I found an old 2013 Season Two Game Night Kit on EBay for (relatively) cheap, so I'm looking for good ideas for stupid ways to give out some of the extra stuff (Black Squadron Pilot promos, and the medal mostly). I was thinking of just giving them out for things like running stupid builds in league or something, like Expose Biggs, etc. Any ideas that are more interesting?
That's not a revolutionary war picture :v:

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Tekopo posted:

That's not a revolutionary war picture :v:

Yeah, it's 1812, when they decided they hadn't had enough and came back for more.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Brunas posted:

Yeah, it's 1812, when they decided they hadn't had enough and came back for more.
You mean when the yanks decided to invade Canada, surely, and were beaten back after the brave redcoats showed them what for.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Brunas posted:

:canada: actually

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Brunas posted:

You could always give away a Wedge alt-art for "Most Handsome and Best Guy At X-Wing With A Name That Starts With N-I", I think that's a good plan

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Tekopo posted:

You mean when the yanks decided to invade Canada, surely, and were beaten back after the brave redcoats showed them what for.

Sorry Canada, you don't get to be a country until 1867 at the earliest, but wasn't it the late 1940s when you guys decided you didn't want to be technically part of the commonwealth anymore?

actually I take back any semblence of knowledge of history and am going to change my response to an incoherent USA chant

USAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSA

Brunas fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 13, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
America doesn't actually exist

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

I'd probably cover postage in that situation, but I'm semi-tempted to go on FFG's site and claim I bought a Raider and one copy of each was missing.

People must do this so often.

(I probably want it sooner than that though)

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Tie/X1 + ATC is about 12 pounds on ebay fwiw.

They've been out of stock at the UK sellers I've seen for a while now, but I'll take another look. Fakedit yeah 7.99 for /x1, 5.99 for ATC. Might do.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Etahn has to be one of the laziest Star Wars names I've heard recently
N'Dru.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Brunas posted:

AUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUASUASUSAUSAUSAUS

OI OI OI :australia:

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Now is as good a time as any to post your favorite Star Wars WW2-esque images, one of these is going on my Plano case for sure

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Now I want the Red Squadron recruiting poster from X-Wing Alliance. Something along the lines of "Red Squadron: first into action, first to recruit to replace those that went into action first"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tried out the following list:

Tycho / A-Wing Test Pilot / Proton Rockets / Rage / Autothrusters / Push the Limit (35)

Keyan Farlander / Sensor Jammer / Rage / B-Wing/E2 / Kanan Jarrus (38)

Blue Squadron PIlot / Fire-Control System / B-Wing/E2 / Jan Ors (27)

Played against a mixed bag scum list my buddy came up with. It was definitely a viable list, particularly the combination of Kanan/Rage/Keyan. We both made a bunch of hilarious mistakes (like learning how asteroids work) but we had fun.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

If this game (god forbid) worked like Attack Wing and pilots could be moved between ships, what would the insane degenerate combinations be?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

General Battuta posted:

If this game (god forbid) worked like Attack Wing and pilots could be moved between ships, what would the insane degenerate combinations be?

Soontir in an A-Wing with the Test Pilot title. PtL, Outmaneuver, with a stealth device and proton rockets.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Talonbane Cobra in a TIE Interceptor.

I'm starting to think that Atanni Mindlink is a very, very strong alternative to PtL for Scum aces. Even if you have to pull the occasional red maneuver, it works out roughly even. Stick a Recon Specialist on a Mindlinked Jumpmaster, though, and you'll never ever run out of Focus. The only real trouble comes if you play against stress-inducing abilities, at which point you probably get ruined super hard.

A silly example:

Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000 27
Attanni Mindlink 1
R4 Agromech 2
Ship Total: 30

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Attanni Mindlink 1
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 33

Tansarii Point Veteran — M3-A Interceptor 17
Attanni Mindlink 1
Ship Total: 18

Tansarii Point Veteran — M3-A Interceptor 17
Attanni Mindlink 1
Ship Total: 18

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

N'Dru in basically anything else, particularly a fat turret.

Blount in anything that mounts a TLT.

Epsilon Ace in a b-wing.

Miranda in anything with an astromech slot.

Attani I think is just a bit too low-rent. The fact that it's limited to a single token each way just makes it weak in most applications. If it had worked on Evades, or it hadn't had the stress element, it might have been something but I think it's just too weak to work well.

• Locked thread