Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Is Lego jurassic Park good for 20 bucks? Does it have coop and some good Lego humor?

Lego Jurassic World is amazing since it has all four movies and the ability to play as dinosaurs. also for the audio they literally just ripped clips from the movies, and Jeff Goldblum's laugh is in there. 10/10 for me. me and my wife enjoy it a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chaosbreather posted:

drat it, why does america get all the good deals and we're stuck with a horrible exchange rate

just make a US account

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I can't get the Complete Purchase button on the store to work. :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sacred 3 was real bad, right?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Stux posted:

just make a US account

Because with the current exchange rate it isn't really worth it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah at most you're paying like five bucks more and some games don't even bother with updating for exchange rate.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I did it. I finally own Knack.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to know if Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSOne Classic on PS3) is compatible with a PS3 arcade stick (specifically, HRAP3)? If it's not, I don't wanna be out 2 bucks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kirios posted:

I did it. I finally own Knack.

Cool, that means it'll be a PS+ game next month.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Someone told me Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a good game. Any opinions on it?

Parkingtigers posted:

Flash Sale!

A gazillion things. Divinity Original Sin and Diablo III for $24 look to be the standouts. Huge list though.

I picked up Jackbox Party Pack 2. I would have picked up Divinity Original Sin, but I bought a physical copy on Monday. I didn't realize Divinity was so long, How Long to Beat shows it as ~70 hours

Shnag posted:

I got Diablo III, i never played a Diablo game before, but it got good reviews, i figured it was worth a shot.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692356 Go there for the goon console thread. DO NOT play online with random pubbies. You'll find a vast majority of people who play online have hacked/duped gear and it just ruins the game. Go there to get people on your friend's list to play with.

You can totally play the game by yourself just fine anyway, the difficulties are super easy to tailor it to yourself and how difficult you want it to be.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some stuff coming out next week, list stolen from PSNStores because I'm not in the mood for podcasts this week :reject:

quote:

Demo
Rainbow Moon

PS4 Games
Layers of Fear
Pixel Piracy
Rainbow Moon
Randal’s Monday
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Street Fighter V
The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Tron RUN/r

Vita Games
Super Blast Deluxe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

A shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to know if Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSOne Classic on PS3) is compatible with a PS3 arcade stick (specifically, HRAP3)? If it's not, I don't wanna be out 2 bucks.

arcade sticks just map to controller buttons so if its a licensed stick and the game was made to work with ds3 it wiill work i think

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

It would be nice if Rainbow Moon was retroactively cross buy from the PS3 version.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Billy Elliot posted:

Someone told me Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a good game. Any opinions on it?

You most likely already know this but it's pretty much a coop game. It can get tough and hectic, making it a bit rough for people new to games. Lots of micromanaging what you need to boost and moving between stations.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Argh, I just bought NBA Jam in the sale last week! I feel used!

I demand my two dollars or whatever the hell!

I wish the Hard Corps Uprising DLC was on sale.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any opinions on Sniper Elite 3 UE or CastleStorm for the PS4?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Sacred 3 was real bad, right?

Yes. It's atrocious.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
This just popped up in a banner ad above, continental USA only

"RECEIVE $10 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $59.99 OR MORE AT PLAYSTATIONSTORE USING PAYPAL."

Fine print says you have to save the offer to your PayPal account, and it's valid on purchases from February 7 to March 6. I don't know if this is only available to new PayPal accounts or for everyone.

I don't use PayPal so I can't say if it works or not.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Mayor McCheese posted:

Sniper elite is a pretty good "shoot Nazis in the balls" simulator, at least on PC

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Cool, that means it'll be a PS+ game next month.

I can tell you what won't be next month, Assault Android Cactus :(.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BisterdDave posted:

I can tell you what won't be next month, Assault Android Cactus :(.

God dammit..

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mayor McCheese posted:

Sniper Elite is very very fun.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Yechezkel posted:

"RECEIVE $10 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $59.99 OR MORE AT PLAYSTATIONSTORE USING PAYPAL."

Fine print says you have to save the offer to your PayPal account, and it's valid on purchases from February 7 to March 6. I don't know if this is only available to new PayPal accounts or for everyone.

Fine print also says you have to "open a new personal U.S. PayPal account."
Not that this is a big problem or anything... I've put forth more effort for less on other deals. Just figured I'd point it out in case it doesn't work for existing accounts and folks get pissed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MisterAlex posted:

Fine print also says you have to "open a new personal U.S. PayPal account."
Not that this is a big problem or anything... I've put forth more effort for less on other deals. Just figured I'd point it out in case it doesn't work for existing accounts and folks get pissed.

Wait, so this isn't good for current Paypal havers?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

SpacePig posted:

Wait, so this isn't good for current Paypal havers?

Signs point to "No."

Which is too bad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

is the console version of divinity playable

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mayor McCheese posted:

Castlestorm is fun in an slightly more complicated Angry Birds way

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

arcade sticks just map to controller buttons so if its a licensed stick and the game was made to work with ds3 it wiill work i think

Good point, I think you're right. I'll give it a shot.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I take it the two PS4 Rugby games, with 20-ish Metacritic scores, haven't gotten some miracle content update making them any better?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Discount Viscount posted:

Argh, I just bought NBA Jam in the sale last week! I feel used!

I demand my two dollars or whatever the hell!

I wish the Hard Corps Uprising DLC was on sale.

I didn't realize this was on sale. For $2 I'll take NBA Jam and NFL Blitz. Even if I play the game for one day for a few hours, it's money well spent.

Ruggington posted:

is the console version of divinity playable

It works well. You can see some frame drops rarely but it runs OK 99% of the time. The worst thing I've had was one fight where the frames went to a crawl for some reason because I had so much particle effects on screen, but other than that it's been an enjoyable experience.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It's a GREAT couch chill-out game.

I was hoping that was the case. I just wish there was cheap third party controllers like afterglow for the ps4, as I don't want to spend $75 on a controller thats rarely going to get used. Seems I can get controllers cheaper online though, still doesn't change the fact Canadian fun bucks are worth about as much as the monopoly money they appear to be. :canada:

Billy Elliot posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692356 Go there for the goon console thread. DO NOT play online with random pubbies. You'll find a vast majority of people who play online have hacked/duped gear and it just ruins the game. Go there to get people on your friend's list to play with.

You can totally play the game by yourself just fine anyway, the difficulties are super easy to tailor it to yourself and how difficult you want it to be.

I watched a review for Diablo III and it warned against pubbies as if they cheated you get hosed over too, seems really weird as I thought it was a mainly PC thing to cheat. Good to know about the warning though. I'll try to play alone, with goons or friends on the couch and avoid randoms if possible.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Shnag posted:

I was hoping that was the case. I just wish there was cheap third party controllers like afterglow for the ps4, as I don't want to spend $75 on a controller thats rarely going to get used. Seems I can get controllers cheaper online though, still doesn't change the fact Canadian fun bucks are worth about as much as the monopoly money they appear to be. :canada:

Well, they're on sale for $61 on Amazon.ca right now, and have been as low as $50. $75 is way too much though.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Yossarian posted:

Sniper elite is a pretty good "shoot Nazis in the balls" simulator, at least on PC

zenintrude posted:

Sniper Elite is very very fun.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Castlestorm is fun in an slightly more complicated Angry Birds way

Thanks! I'll pass on Castlestorm but x-ray shooting dude's balls sounds classy.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Shnag posted:

I watched a review for Diablo III and it warned against pubbies as if they cheated you get hosed over too, seems really weird as I thought it was a mainly PC thing to cheat. Good to know about the warning though. I'll try to play alone, with goons or friends on the couch and avoid randoms if possible.

So the real thing to look out for are greater rifts. Cheaters can do super high level ones which will give you crazy paragon levels. Last patch it was real bad because XP gear was shared and a cheater would kill 1 monster and you'd gain 1000 levels before you realized what was happpening.

Since then, they at least limited gems to level 100, but they still have poo poo where legendary gems have stats like a weapon, so they'll have attack speed, more weapon damage, weapons and rings/amulets have three sockets, just shut like that.

It really disappoints me, because the console game would become my prime way to play over PC if there was a valid public game option.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All the hacked items are still coming from the PS3 version and transferred over, right? I don't get why they just won't do seasons on console already, it'd be a clean slate where all the transferred and potentially hacked stuff wouldn't be permitted. Unless I'm wrong and people have figured out how to hack the PS4 saves.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
It seems they've got it on PS4 hacking now because they are modding legendary gems and getting all the wings that weren't patched into the PS3 version.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Billy Elliot posted:

It seems they've got it on PS4 hacking now because they are modding legendary gems and getting all the wings that weren't patched into the PS3 version.
Woah, what? I didn't think anyone was editing PS4 saves yet.

So... can they get me more HL on Disgaea? :v:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
What game is divinity original sin similar to in gameplay?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

What game is divinity original sin similar to in gameplay?
Its most like a late 90s CRPG like Baldur's Gate or Ultima or something like that, a lot of deep dialogue trees to wade through and it rewards creative use of your party's abilities and things like that that those games used to do. However unlike a lot of throwback RPGs that have come out lately it is super polished and modernized and way more playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Sorry if this has been asked before but how's the performance on Borderlands 2 Vita nowadays? I heard it for patched to run much better. Did it get that balance patch for the other versions a few months ago that made it less of a horrendous grind fest?

• Locked thread