Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Wait, what happens if you awaken a character in the middle of a Tournament that causes you to go over your team cost?

Also I finally got my Train Anywhere Goku max level so I can Dokkan him into SSJ Goku, and only now do I realize I can max his SA with the Epic Showdown Goku. :doh: I probably won't have the stamina to do the WT and max out Goku before the WT ends, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I got the bald Satan

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wait, what happens if you awaken a character in the middle of a Tournament that causes you to go over your team cost?

Also I finally got my Train Anywhere Goku max level so I can Dokkan him into SSJ Goku, and only now do I realize I can max his SA with the Epic Showdown Goku. :doh: I probably won't have the stamina to do the WT and max out Goku before the WT ends, unfortunately.

It doesn't take that many. I think I needed 12, maybe 15 to go from 3 to 10 on mine, fewer if you awaken them. I just got 5, threw them in, saw how it went, got 5 more, etc. You're gonna get at least one, probably two SA levels per set of 5, even unawakened.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I believe you cannot modify any of the cards that are in your world tournament run outside of giving the Exp or Super Levels. So no Awakenings.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I believe you cannot modify any of the cards that are in your world tournament run outside of giving the Exp or Super Levels. So no Awakenings.

I really want to say that I did awaken while in the tourney. Coincidentally I hit my cap and didn't surpass it. Could be remembering incorrectly though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's a real pain in the rear end that you can't get more Saiyaman medals reliably. I have an SA 7 Adult Gohan waiting to max out my SA3 Great Saiyaman. Stupid me for awakening the STR one, I guess. It's also what's stopping me from finishing a Videl, I have an SA10 TEQ one and an SA3 STR one to max out the SA7 STR one I already have. At least you can farm the other events.

I've decided that I'm gonna get more bang for my buck awakening SRs over SSRs. Starting with Jaco and the various Friezas.

Edit: Actually, heck, maybe someone's got an idea. Here's what I've got in terms of URs. As for unawakened SSRs, I have Great Saiyman, SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Vegeta for AGL; SSJ Vegeta and FF Cooler for TEQ; FF Cooler, Whis, and SSJ Gohan for INT; Full Power Bojack for STR; and SSG Goku, Piccolo, and Xeno Trunks for PHY. Any thoughts? I mean, obviously not Xeno Trunks.

I'm leaning SSJ2 Vegeta or SSJ Gohan, if I pick an SSR. SSJ2 Goku isn't that much of an improvement over SSJ Goku for a Kamehameha AGL team.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 13, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

I got the bald Satan

I don't need to do anymore gachas or events now that my collection's complete.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Only SA2? Hardly complete. :colbert:

Woo, Beerus tier and 29 wins.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 14, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it me or is the TEQ SSJ Goku you get from dokanning Angel Goku way better than just the ordinary STR SSJ Goku you can get from the gacha? He has a bunch more links.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

-Troika- posted:

Is it me or is the TEQ SSJ Goku you get from dokanning Angel Goku way better than just the ordinary STR SSJ Goku you can get from the gacha? He has a bunch more links.

Well, I guess it's a matter of use, but I'd say the STR one's better in general. STR SSJ Goku (Convulsing Rage) has almost 1000 more attack, a really good passive, and an extreme super compared to TEQ Goku's huge. SA10 can cover the gap compared to an SA1 or 2 one, though. It drops off rapidly if you can raise the STR one's SA level.

All in the Family isn't a link to build a team around, much like Tough as Nails. Blazing Battle's handy if you're mostly running farmable stuff in your core team, but otherwise isn't that useful a link. Otherwise, all the good cards with it are SSRs, one of which is an awesome STR SSJ Goku. He's a really solid card for a TEQ team or a Saiyan team that needs a TEQ filler, which is pretty common.

I'd say he might compare favorably to the AGL SSJ Goku, but the attack gap is still notable.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I finished getting win number 50 tonight. I don't know how I got to 50 wins already, since I was not actively completing tournaments for about 12 hours today (I actually let my stamina build up for a bit, but still completed some runs). My rank was still in the top 600 when I stopped tonight.

SSJ Goku Chat - I used to think that Convulsing Rage was a pretty great unit (back when he was one of my only two SSR's). However, unless he hits 5 ki, his damage can be a liability, even when linked with other SSJ's. I honestly haven't had much use of TEQ SSJ Goku though, as even though he's on my TEQ TEam, I haven't had to run that team in a while, so I think STR might be more versatile.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I had the dedication to get that many wins and get that new Kaioken

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Well that was neat. Did a DB Saga pull, and while I've had Goku go SS 1/2/3 on them before, this time there was this little dialogue of him trash-talking Freeza so I figured "Oh drat I guess something good's about to come out."

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

And you were right.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Well that was neat. Did a DB Saga pull, and while I've had Goku go SS 1/2/3 on them before, this time there was this little dialogue of him trash-talking Freeza so I figured "Oh drat I guess something good's about to come out."

Please :nms: that. Tien looks so weird.

Actually, that was my last pull too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Echophonic posted:

Well, I guess it's a matter of use, but I'd say the STR one's better in general. STR SSJ Goku (Convulsing Rage) has almost 1000 more attack, a really good passive, and an extreme super compared to TEQ Goku's huge. SA10 can cover the gap compared to an SA1 or 2 one, though. It drops off rapidly if you can raise the STR one's SA level.

All in the Family isn't a link to build a team around, much like Tough as Nails. Blazing Battle's handy if you're mostly running farmable stuff in your core team, but otherwise isn't that useful a link. Otherwise, all the good cards with it are SSRs, one of which is an awesome STR SSJ Goku. He's a really solid card for a TEQ team or a Saiyan team that needs a TEQ filler, which is pretty common.

I'd say he might compare favorably to the AGL SSJ Goku, but the attack gap is still notable.

Huh, okay.

On another note: do the rare awakening capsules in the world tournament ever contain anything other than DB awakening medals?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

If I got SSJ3 Goku on the pull screen and ended up with some SR I would probably rage quit

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The gold DB tickets make me the maddest. I get R garbage from them. I thought the whole point of the gold ticket was to not get one.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You occasionally get UR medals from the gold medal capsules, but it's pretty rare. I haven't gotten one yet.

Gold tickets are just full pulls instead of 1/5 of a pull. Same rates and everything.

The screen break with "It's over, Frieza" is an SR+ pull. You usually get it on non-SSJ Goku pulls, I think.

Edit: Glad I waited on awakening dudes. Just got a SSR Perfect Cell. I think he's worthy of it. Plus now I can care about the Cell Games event.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 14, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Which one, TEQ or INT?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I've z-awakened all 162 of my saved characters - now just to max everyone's levels!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Webbeh posted:

I've z-awakened all 162 of my saved characters - now just to max everyone's levels!

Which is easier to do during tournaments :v:

Speaking of exp, is it me or did they really reduce the amount of rank exp for the tournament? Its almost like semifinals gives more than finals.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

-Troika- posted:

Which one, TEQ or INT?

The INT one. I guess the TEQ one's coming as part of the Cell Games Dokkan Festival?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
INT Cell dokkan awakened can do a team wide attack too I think.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

We have any idea when the Cell Games event is gonna be? I'm looking forward to blowing all my stamina and stones on getting my INT Cell awakened.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hit beerus tier at 37 wins.

Seem to be just shy of the Goku rank, though. At any rate I should be able to reach 100 wins this time around

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If I can focus on it for a bit tomorrow I should be able to get to 100. Just got to 36 wins and am sitting at rank 3600.

cptn_dr posted:

We have any idea when the Cell Games event is gonna be? I'm looking forward to blowing all my stamina and stones on getting my INT Cell awakened.

They were a month apart or something in Japan, coinciding with the Dokkan Festival.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 15, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I guess some people don't want to be my friend anymore since I don't have a Broly, as I got a few friend requests despite being at 50 friends for the longest time.

I got to 81 wins tonight, still ranking in the high 200's right now. I also got a Launch from the DB summon, as well as a Devilman.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been getting DB Tien like they were going out of style. Pretty sure I'm up to like 4 just from this tournament.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Just hit 60 wins, rank 1603. Let's see what I get with my two gold DB tickets.

Two Bandages. Be still my beating heart.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

Just hit 60 wins, rank 1603. Let's see what I get with my two gold DB tickets.

Two Bandages. Be still my beating heart.

Bandages seems to be the MVP this time. I've gotten three so far.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I got staff officer black and I have a bunch of tiens already.

I guess I'm lucky I got OG bulma, Yamcha, Devilman, and Oolong in the last two tournaments because ain't nobody getting poo poo this time. For real I think I got 2 R cards tops last time

Calling BULLSHIT on the art department Tien didn't have his scar until after facing Cyborg Tao, which is in the tournament AFTER he uses the volleyball attack on Goku

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Also calling extreme bullshit that between Dragonball and DBS there is only one form of Tien and only one form of Yamcha.

They have different outfits come on. poo poo the DB cards at least should be a different form they were both sill villains back then

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I forgot that Tien Volleyball was a thing.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Despite being my third world tournament, I forgot how much of a slog it is to get to 100 wins. At least I got my guaranteed SSR. Which was SSGSS Goku, which means I'm closer to my all AGL UR Super Sayian Goku Team. At least it wasn't Xeno Trunks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm at 56 wins and I'm definitely taking the next one off. At least if I keep at it, I should be able to do top 5k.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
80 now. Definitely taking the next one off. I'm only doing this for Kaioken Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, if it wasn't for Kaioken Goku, if have stopped at 30, probably.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finally made it to Beerus tier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm at Supreme Kai tier right now, can probably get to Beerus tier