Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Punchclops down to 9:41...nearly two minutes off his previous time. The power creep is real, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
So is there any significant differences between the team-up characters? I want to play as Scarlet Witch with Arachne as a team-up because I own half of the Avengers West Coast and almost all of the Force Works comics, but is Arachne noticeably better or worse than, like, Clea? And do the pets like HERBIE and the mini-Iron Man actually do anything once you've leveled them up?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bizarre Echo posted:

So is there any significant differences between the team-up characters? I want to play as Scarlet Witch with Arachne as a team-up because I own half of the Avengers West Coast and almost all of the Force Works comics, but is Arachne noticeably better or worse than, like, Clea? And do the pets like HERBIE and the mini-Iron Man actually do anything once you've leveled them up?

Different teamups have slightly different strengths. Clea provides defensive utility with her shield and a fair amount of AoE. Arachne brings a vuln to the table, which can be a godsend for a select few dudes who have a bad vuln power.

For SW, she has a god-tier vuln so she doesn't really need Arachne for that. She also has god-tier survivability so she doesn't need Clea for that. The "best" teamup for SW is probably someone who's purely DPS focused like Coulson or Wolverine.

But in reality, eam-ups are close enough in terms of performance that you should just use whoever you like the most unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise. SW and Arachne is a totally fine pairing and you should go nuts.

Also herbie style pets do nothing, they are stat sticks with a cute visual.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Bizarre Echo posted:

So, all pets are interchangeable. The affixes you get are random, pulled from the same pool, and can be rerolled. I think you can even swap one pets stats onto another at the crafter. But yeah, you can eventually get a pet with like +3 fighting and +2 to all melee powers, -2% damage from bosses, +50 spirit and +10% brutal damage with a bit off effort.

Team ups are pretty well balanced damage wise, but there are definitely some that fill different niches. Clea has a good heal and can give the power and toughness team buffs if you don't have those on your current hero. Magik is another healer, who can also put summons on the field to tank. Pirate deadpool, who is free with an achievement chain, can CC any non raid boss in the game, making him great in danger room and the cosmic trial.

Arachne applies vulnerability which is great on heroes who don't use one easily in their rotation. So she isn't literally perfect for SW but honestly, all of the team ups are close enough in usefulness that you should use whoever you want.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Play as whoever you want with whatever team up you want and you will have a good time because you like the characters even if they're not optimal

You don't need to be optimal anyway it's boring

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Coulson is still my top pick for the team up you can slap on everyone and be happy with it. Near top damage output and a huge TTL increase because of his infinite summons to soak damage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kelp Plankton posted:

Play as whoever you want with whatever team up you want and you will have a good time because you like the characters even if they're not optimal

You don't need to be optimal anyway it's boring

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hey kelp

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

put that in the OP for new people to redeem codes

also remove the terribly outdated build guide. its confusing all the new people with the poo poo builds.

thanks

edit:

Bizarre Echo posted:

Clea for utility / heals, Magik for tanking / heals, Arachne if your vuln application is terrible, Deadpool for general utility(he can stun the whole screen, taunt), Coulson / Wolverine for min max dps(though most team ups are pretty close to each other in terms of dps.)

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/220508/guide-everything-about-active-team-up-builds-ttk-gear/p1 - the best team up guide

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 13, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

calm down dude I don't even have access to a computer right now. I'm reading the thread and I'll do stuff in a few days once I'm finished unpacking and poo poo

You don't gotta tell me 30 times

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wild110 Round Submissions are due by the end of the night tomorrow! Basically, 3AM Monday EST. If your name is listed below, don't forget to send over your submission. Good luck all!

Beetlejuicey Black Panther
TheraLex Thor
AfraidofAudio Moon Knight
Nulos Cyclops
MrWhale Star Lord
Lorrad Rogue
Arboc Hulk
SoSKumbo Black Cat
Kenby Black Widow
BabyProof Dr. Strange
KentonP Scarlet Witch
Mckeone Spider-man
Spudsly Ant Man
BRUCEWAYANS Magik
XHBK Blade
Egsunbro Punisher
sirotocusii Squirrel Girl
Crowbb Black Widow
postmodifier Captain Marvel

RadOther Scarlet Witch
Lvxx Deadpool
DangerhoodSA Star Lord
aarontagg Cable
AlphaVain Psylocke
ZodiakLucien Kitty Pryde
Hogama Cable
Leninvs Wolverine
Wintermint Iron Fist
nostrata Gambit
Preliquary Loki
burgthock Nightcrawler
Yeehaw Iceman
Distelt Cyclops
bearforce X-23
iod Juggernaut
grumblington Juggernaut

ICR fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 14, 2016

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

So 46 out of 64 missing?

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
Thanks for the information. I've got a few other people to level before I get to them; how long does it take to grind out 600 splinters? I keep seeing the "one splinter every 4-8 minutes" line repeated, but a) it seems inaccurate given my anecdotal observations, and b) I'm not inclined to play (600 splinters/(60 minutes per hour/8 minutes per splinter))=80 hours just to relive my childhood reading Avengers West.

...now if they made a Living Lightening team-up...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

adhuin posted:

So 46 out of 64 missing?

Probably about right. I think I have 20 submissions now. Just gotta look at them. So 44 remain.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

calm down dude I don't even have access to a computer right now. I'm reading the thread and I'll do stuff in a few days once I'm finished unpacking and poo poo

You don't gotta tell me 30 times

it's Hard Work to click "edit post" and then ctrl+v, ease up shitplague

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bizarre Echo posted:

Thanks for the information. I've got a few other people to level before I get to them; how long does it take to grind out 600 splinters? I keep seeing the "one splinter every 4-8 minutes" line repeated, but a) it seems inaccurate given my anecdotal observations, and b) I'm not inclined to play (600 splinters/(60 minutes per hour/8 minutes per splinter))=80 hours just to relive my childhood reading Avengers West.

...now if they made a Living Lightening team-up...

It is 1 splinter every 8 minutes. You can find 2 or 10 every 8 minutes if you have a shitton of SIF or are using a storebought potion that increases the droprate, but it's always every 8 minutes.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The real #1 back on top where I belong. Until a patch shuffles them again.

We're a Deadpool family.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SON OF A BITCH. All my guys are cosmic 60 and I know yours aren't! MR GAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
There should be a leaderboard where it divides your combined levels with money spent.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

ICR you might not get my submission because I am a dummy who cosmic'd today my Black Cat and now death seems more appealing than continuing to level.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Lozareth posted:

The real #1 back on top where I belong. Until a patch shuffles them again.

We're a Deadpool family.

Wish they would count cosmic levels instead of the dumb method they are using now so that there wouldn't be a giant tie at nr 1.

(I mean, there still would be a tie but less of one. Right now you would be considered a nr.1 with all heroes at level 1 cosmic and that's just not right)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I would like to formally request that either an Enhanced Costume, Variant Costume, or even her 3rd planned costume be one that alters Black Cat's character model and is more accurate to her official Marvel stats of being 5'10 and 120 lbs.

An example of the type of change I'm suggesting would be the model differences from Spider-Man's default costume, and the Spider-Man Amazing Costume. Essentially, a new costume that is also a new character model.

Reasoning: I know that the artist who worked on Black Cat was given reference material from Marvel, and also know that the artists are given a certain degree of artistic freedom. What I don't understand is how Felicia's official Marvel body proportions (via http://marvel.com/characters/271/black_cat as well as her character sheet stats in-game) were overlooked during this process. I'm normally an advocate of "changes of scenery" from some traditional attributes, but her current model is too far off from what many of the Felicia Hardy fans expected (and want) from a playable version. In my opinion, of course.

Example: Actress Blake Lively is listed as being 5'10 and 140 lbs. By modern American standards, she would be widely considered "skinny" with moderate to ample "assets". Using this actress as a reference, Black Cat's current body model is nowhere close to 140 lbs, let alone 120 lbs for the same height. I would suggest that she is closer to 180 lbs in-game currently, with very little muscular definition, especially from the waist-down. Again, there is nothing wrong with that, but many of us fans would like to see something different.

Now, some people may read that and say, "Hey, what's wrong with being 180 lbs!?" My answer: absolutely nothing. The issue that I, and other Felicia fans are encountering, is that not only does she not look like the athletic, stealthy cat burglar that we adored growing up, but she also looks physically incapable of performing the acrobatic fighting and movement styles in her repertoire. I would go into more detail, but I fear that doing so would encourage comments that could derail this thread's purpose. There's nothing wrong with the above, but like I've been saying, some of us would like to see something different and more accurate in our eyes.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I would like to formally request that either an Enhanced Costume, Variant Costume, or even her 3rd planned costume be one that alters Black Cat's character model and is more accurate to her official Marvel stats of being 5'10 and 120 lbs.

An example of the type of change I'm suggesting would be the model differences from Spider-Man's default costume, and the Spider-Man Amazing Costume. Essentially, a new costume that is also a new character model.

Reasoning: I know that the artist who worked on Black Cat was given reference material from Marvel, and also know that the artists are given a certain degree of artistic freedom. What I don't understand is how Felicia's official Marvel body proportions (via http://marvel.com/characters/271/black_cat as well as her character sheet stats in-game) were overlooked during this process. I'm normally an advocate of "changes of scenery" from some traditional attributes, but her current model is too far off from what many of the Felicia Hardy fans expected (and want) from a playable version. In my opinion, of course.

Example: Actress Blake Lively is listed as being 5'10 and 140 lbs. By modern American standards, she would be widely considered "skinny" with moderate to ample "assets". Using this actress as a reference, Black Cat's current body model is nowhere close to 140 lbs, let alone 120 lbs for the same height. I would suggest that she is closer to 180 lbs in-game currently, with very little muscular definition, especially from the waist-down. Again, there is nothing wrong with that, but many of us fans would like to see something different.

Now, some people may read that and say, "Hey, what's wrong with being 180 lbs!?" My answer: absolutely nothing. The issue that I, and other Felicia fans are encountering, is that not only does she not look like the athletic, stealthy cat burglar that we adored growing up, but she also looks physically incapable of performing the acrobatic fighting and movement styles in her repertoire. I would go into more detail, but I fear that doing so would encourage comments that could derail this thread's purpose. There's nothing wrong with the above, but like I've been saying, some of us would like to see something different and more accurate in our eyes.

As everything in this world is but a sham, Death is the only sincerity. -- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

No, that's me.

how does the game run on your new windows me gaming rig btw

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

Those stats are completely accurate, they just only include her breasts.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Mover posted:

So, all pets are interchangeable. The affixes you get are random, pulled from the same pool, and can be rerolled. I think you can even swap one pets stats onto another at the crafter. But yeah, you can eventually get a pet with like +3 fighting and +2 to all melee powers, -2% damage from bosses, +50 spirit and +10% brutal damage with a bit off effort.

Er this is probably a dumb question, but if all pets are the same, why is Green Metal Dude 1 mil and Red Metal Dude 2 mil?

Granted I could see someone paying 350(G) for Old Lace, because *dinosaur*, but still...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh god it's so real. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/262842/request-alternate-body-model-enhanced-variant-or-3rd-costume-not-trolling#latest

In all seriousness, this may be the best ludicrous post I've ever read on the O.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gynovore posted:

Er this is probably a dumb question, but if all pets are the same, why is Green Metal Dude 1 mil and Red Metal Dude 2 mil?

Granted I could see someone paying 350(G) for Old Lace, because *dinosaur*, but still...

Long ago, in the before time, that was one of the few ways to turn credits into crafter exp easily. More expensive item, higher sell price.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

just shift the 60 lbs into her tits gaz and get rid of the glue above where her zipper is it doesnt make sense

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Gynovore posted:

Misguided ego boost for having "rarer" pet.

In practice the higher colors are strickly worse, because fewer of your characters can use them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

...more accurate to her official Marvel stats of being 5'10 and 120 lbs.... Felicia's official Marvel body proportions (via http://marvel.com/characters/271/black_cat as well as her character sheet stats in-game) ...moderate to ample "assets"....from the waist-down... athletic, stealthy "cat" (no pun intended!!!) burglar that we adored growing up...

Source your Comixfan Comicsblog.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

No, that's me.

b-but you said you weren't dead :qq:

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

sheetz needs to step up their esports sponsorships, wawa is in the FGC

sponsor ICR pls

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My god that is amazing. Always knew Wawa was better.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh god it's so real. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/262842/request-alternate-body-model-enhanced-variant-or-3rd-costume-not-trolling#latest

In all seriousness, this may be the best ludicrous post I've ever read on the O.

I wonder how long it'll take for all of us to get warned for trLOLing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's Hard Work to click "edit post" and then ctrl+v, ease up shitplague

I ain't gonna do that on my phone

You calm down too mister

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Wild110 Round Submissions are due by the end of the night tomorrow! Basically, 3AM Monday EST. If your name is listed below, don't forget to send over your submission. Good luck all!

CrapNamingSystem Iron Man

So, problem. I won't be able to put in a time for this. Graphics card melted a bit. Amazon says the replacement won't make to my place in the great white north until later next week.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

rizzen posted:

So, problem. I won't be able to put in a time for this. Graphics card melted a bit. Amazon says the replacement won't make to my place in the great white north until later next week.

We will talk offline.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

That sounds ominous

Goon Friends, how is Spidey after his review. I am excited to play all these heroes after my long hiatus, like a child at Christmas.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Beasteh posted:

That sounds ominous

Goon Friends, how is Spidey after his review. I am excited to play all these heroes after my long hiatus, like a child at Christmas.

Hahaha yeah, I feel like I'm getting called into my boss' office to get fired.

Spidey is pretty dunk tier, as long as you're using the correct costume (spidergwen)

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We will talk offline.

The fear of Ajax takes another victim. Sounds like my 10 minute time will be good enough for round 3

wait.....this has happened before on mandarin...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I promise I did my time for the tournament ICR it was uploading this morning when I left for my parents house to remove the head from my engine. I'll get the time to you tomorrow night when I return, please don't punish me too.

• Locked thread