Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/692716553884692483

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/01/30/beer-league-free-beer-movement-creator-imagines-every-mls-team-local-brew

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There was apparently a group of people in San Francisco wandering around holding up signs in an effort to drum up interest in bringing in a pro team at D2 or D3 level and...

Reddit posted:

They are on the streets holding placards, and one of them says "Fútbol, not football"
US_Sawker_Fan.txt

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/justmamor/status/693872327851773952

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 1, 2016

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Lmao someone manufactured that scarf

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZnyE-I7dg

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is the weirdest thing ever. Why?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Wrong thread?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
“An abso-f**** lutely genius idea.”

This is my first contribution to the site, and I’ve always been the guy sitting on the sidelines, extensively reading product reviews on Amazon, but never contributing myself. I never intend to change that, but I did decide to contribute because of this brilliant (probably not so brilliant) thought I had.

I’ve always been a massive football fan, and my dad being from Manchester, I kind of followed his footsteps when I got my first Cantona jersey. But then again,I love football, I love the passion, I love Dortmund, I love Atletico Madrid and like a every Athletic Bilbao fan, I raise my hat and applaud good football wherever I see it. Except Mourinho. F*** that guy.

I love football so much that I got into a lot of trouble to watch a game I couldn’t afford to miss. In boarding school, military school, boot camp, deployments, everywhere. And now, I’m lying in my tent, dirty, tired, while attempting to be the first guy to walk the entire coastline of South Africa, solo, self-sustained, with everything on my back. 2400miles in a 100 days. And I’m 35 days in. And I still have time to watch highlights, and read Football365, even though I should probably save battery for a snake bite emergency. (You should follow the adventure btw, it’s called @myonionandme. )

That said, walking for days and nights on end, does give you a lot of time to think. And I was thinking a lot last night. Especially with the transfer window just ending. A survey couple of years ago showed that Manchester United, for example, had around 659 million fans worldwide. Half that, to reduce media and statistic rear end-hattery, and say 300 million. So what if the fans of a club, any club, throw in £5 in a hat and say, here, that’s my contribution towards the next transfer window. And completely withhold any claim or right, no shares or nothing, as long as it is used for transfers. So, in the case of Manchester United, that will be around 1.5 Billion dollars. (I’m using Utd as an example simply because i don’t exactly have statistics at my fingertips.) I don’t know about everyone else, but I would definitely pay five or even ten bucks to see United sign Messi.

So, question, is this possible? What would be the implications on the club/financial rulings? Can fans of a club get together, maybe through the official website, drop money in the proverbial hat, or raise enough cash, and tell the board, here you go, 1 Billion! – Go sign Messi!

Can they?
Stig, MUFC (I would pay £50 to see Fellaini not play.)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's fine to support Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao because one is Spanish and the other is Euskal*

*that's the Euskara word for Basque

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/FunnyBallers/status/693575771915436034

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

I'd seen that before but I never noticed the "In your own words, explain why Alexis Sanchez is better than Eden Hazard" question.

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up! For my American Friends and Family, this is the biggest story in sports - a David vs Goliath, it's The Colorado Sky Sox, no not even that, The Albuquerque Isotopes competing with the New York Yankees for the World Series and having a legitimate shot, it's the best underdog story ever, pride and passion and teamwork versus Billionaires!!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

its no big deal posted:

If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up! For my American Friends and Family, this is the biggest story in sports - a David vs Goliath, it's The Colorado Sky Sox, no not even that, The Albuquerque Isotopes competing with the New York Yankees for the World Series and having a legitimate shot, it's the best underdog story ever, pride and passion and teamwork versus Billionaires!!

Please link josh lymans blog tia.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Players like Cork and Ki are not the type of midfielders that Guidolin will want commandeering the midfield though. At Udinese, the Italian’s team was powered by gritty, hard-working midfielders such as Gokhan Inler and Kwadwo Asamoah; powerhouses that, first and foremost, ran hard and tackled even harder. While still very much technically able, they were an intimidating shield to Udinese’s back four, leading them to successive fourth place finishes in Serie A. These players are pivotal to everything Guidolin will try to achieve in South Wales.

Jonjo Shelvey was an enigma, but an argument could easily be made that he could suit that role far better than the more stylistic Ki and Cork. Although, Shelvey’s disciplinary record would render his position a tight-rope every match, where one small mistake could land both Shelvey and his side in serious hot water.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
The FA have missed a trick here. Surely "Pr£mi£r L£agu£" would be more apt branding alteration?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

ronniegardocki posted:

The FA have missed a trick here. Surely "Pr£mi£r L£agu£" would be more apt branding alteration?

Lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm having a tough time reading this, could you maybe make it bigger?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The Chelsea Fulham "rivalry" is about as real as the merits of watching the Bundesliga so who cares.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
But where's van Gaal?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wrong thread

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lol

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

i unironically agree with this?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, his 59% win ratio is second to none

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I couldn't agree more.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eh2OSXtx4

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Van Persie is borderline retarded.

Whazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuup

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

borderline???

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

You know that Theo Walcott book extract was fake right?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

You know that Theo Walcott book extract was fake right?

Really?! I'm insanely disappointed.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Of course RVP listens to R. Kelly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

Of course RVP listens to R. Kelly.

The girl RVP raped wasn't underage tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU