Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Defenestration posted:

Why would your refund ever be more than you paid in taxes?

In some cases (:canada: cases, at least) educational refunds and other deductions can lead to a large refund. Except you don't really "pay" more that year, money is just shuffled around differently. Like, I got $1400 one year because I attended some prep courses in Alberta and they rolled over my credits the following year while I was low-income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

My facebook feed: there's always more and it's always worse.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
And now back to our regularly scheduled guns and military worship

Compassion is an interesting new twist.

White girl with a gun > black girl with a bum

Men who don't like guns are pussy women

Wait since when is golf a lady sport? Oh, since Obama likes it

Zuckerberg

Basic parental responsibility?
Note that they're walking down the middle of a large empty street in the suburbs

gun gun gun gun gun

Never needed a gun, eh?

Like the soldiers we send to fight endless foreign wars, and the people of those countries we invade

Including this because it is the most statesmanly picture of Trump I have ever seen

Because I've blown them off with my gun

Woodstock

Freedom to do whatever the gently caress I want including threaten people with my gun without anyone saying boo

so, what, are we dying for freedom or not here?

rebellion

Shoot your way to freedom, yes

Adults

Sure, banning the import of rifles was what caused the Revolution. Not taxation without representation or all that

I'm so sick of seeing hahah safe spaces suck memes. On the "left" too. They always misrepresent what a safe space is about, or why it might be a good idea for colleges to make students who have been historically harassed and marginalized feel safe on campus.

no silly man, it's FEMA that are buying bullets and coffins. gawd

if they earn it

right, because all the times they did no one got shot and it didn't make the news

I resent this bullshit. You don't get to bring your gun everywhere. loving deal with it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Defenestration posted:

I'm so sick of seeing hahah safe spaces suck memes. On the "left" too. They always misrepresent what a safe space is about, or why it might be a good idea for colleges to make students who have been historically harassed and marginalized feel safe on campus.

Audie Murphy is the best because whenever people complain about women being allowed into combat roles, lowered standards, the importance of pushups, etc. you can troll them with, "Ok, you can have all the big burly manly men who can bench press a truck. I'll take underweight Audie Murphy who looks like he could be blown over by a gust of wind. We'll see who wins that war."

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Oh come on, that's funny.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Oh come on, that's funny.

Yeah, except by 1969 only REMFs, Reservists, and troops stationed in Germany had wooden stocked weapons. All the troops in 'Nam had the M16 or M60.

Well, I guess there was the M79, so I'll give 'em that.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Armyman25 posted:

Yeah, except by 1969 only REMFs, Reservists, and troops stationed in Germany had wooden stocked weapons. All the troops in 'Nam had the M16 or M60.

Well, I guess there was the M79, so I'll give 'em that.

Bragging about a wooden stock but using a noob tube. Typical.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Uh excuse me Mr. Meme man I think you'll find that the Long Land Pattern Brown Bess was a musket with a smoothbore barrel and therefore not at all a rifle, thus invalidating not only your point but also all points connected to it *loads clips into shoulder thing that goes up* :smuggo:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

I bet the maker of that macro thinks that gun is an M14 (which was used in the early parts of the Vietnam War but largely replaced with the M16 by 1969) but it's actually a M1918 BAR, the squad machinegun first used in WWI. I googled up a little and it appears the BAR had pretty limited use in Vietnam, mostly it was an obsolete piece of gear we gave away to ARVN troops and tribal militias, in which case some of the US advisors training those guys might use them, but still quite an uncommon thing.

So yeah, gun nut macro from someone who doesn't know basic poo poo about guns but likes the actor from Full Metal Jacket (while likely never grasping that it's an *anti*-war film). Color me surprised.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

So yeah, gun nut macro from someone who doesn't know basic poo poo about guns but likes the actor from Full Metal Jacket (while likely never grasping that it's an *anti*-war film). Color me surprised.
No man who has made a Full Metal Jacket Meme has ever grasped that it is an anti-war film

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I still don't see how you could watch even just the part with R Lee Ermey (where he gets murdered by a mentally unstable boot) and think "yeah this is a cool movie that makes me excited about the military"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Anyone got any fawning tributes to Scalia and/or handwringing about Obama replacing him with a communist?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
So uh... Scalia died and the literal shitstorm from the right wing echo chamber that is about to hit this thread is going to be a site to behold.

It is already starting:

Dameius fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 14, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jurgan posted:

Anyone got any fawning tributes to Scalia and/or handwringing about Obama replacing him with a communist?

Or tweets about him being murdered by the Obamastapo (who still haven't hired me to monitor the communications of true patriots :argh:).

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

borkencode fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 14, 2016

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
Now that you mention it

Let's check in on the Beyonce Superbowl halftime show. It sure was outrageous the way she and her backup dancers gangland executed several innocent white cops onstage while shouting about black power and white genocide.

or sang a song about liking being black while wearing leather, but details details

Black panthers! RAAARRR! Racisssssssst

No uuuuuuu racist

oh no black people want to be involved in things

accessory HYPOCRISY

Obligatory honor the troops at all times or else.
It recently came out that the military paid taxpayer $$$ for the NFL to do a lot of salute to troops nonsense at games

Beyonce should let police kill black people without saying anything and also not have them protect her from butthurt aholes threatening her on the daily

hm yes a crosshairs on her forehead. I rest my case.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Audie Murphy is the best because whenever people complain about women being allowed into combat roles, lowered standards, the importance of pushups, etc. you can troll them with, "Ok, you can have all the big burly manly men who can bench press a truck. I'll take underweight Audie Murphy who looks like he could be blown over by a gust of wind. We'll see who wins that war."
Now that you mention his name I was reading about him on wikipedia and it seems he suffered from PTSD the rest of his life, and spoke about it publicly. :(

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Beyonce and Tim Curry: Two ugly people who no one will ever have sex with

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Defenestration posted:

no silly man, it's FEMA that are buying bullets and coffins. gawd

Actually, DHS did put out feelers for buying a billionish rounds of ammunition, but that's because they have about 1/4 million employees and were looking for a 5 year contract to provide that amount.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sacrifice me on the altar of the State California Uber Alles

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Defenestration posted:

hm yes a crosshairs on her forehead. I rest my case.

The little Operation Werwolf insignia is a nice touch

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Defenestration posted:

Now that you mention his name I was reading about him on wikipedia and it seems he suffered from PTSD the rest of his life, and spoke about it publicly. :(

Yeah, Murphy was not in a good place and I'm really annoyed whenever people romanticize him as the perfect soldier. Dude had a rough life.

Defenestration posted:

Beyonce bullshit

Goddamn right-winged white people are the most thin-skinned creatures on the planet.
Remind me of MTV's White People documentary. I remember being somewhat :nallears: because of its MTV editing (everyone is Happy and Learns Important Lessons and poo poo) and because I know Vargas can really shove a stick into the issue way harder than this. The dude's a gay illegal immigrant, I'm pretty sure he has far more cutting opinions that what the doc presented. But anyway, I thought it was a pleasant doc, the sort you watch with popcorn to leave yourself feeling happy and maybe learning some poo poo along the way. Fine whatever. Always a next time. Not every documentary can be Exit From the Giftshop.
The amount of vitriol White People received made me change my mind. People threw accusations of white guilt and poo poo at Vargas. When something like that doc is enough to get a rise outta people, then I just don't know. Maybe Vargas knew his audience after all and that's why he intentionally approached the subject with the softest kid gloves he could. I do admit that the overreactions made me like the documentary a lot more.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I think I can come out of retirement to collect some LL 101 tears about Scalia when they update.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dameius posted:

So uh... Scalia died and the literal shitstorm from the right wing echo chamber that is about to hit this thread is going to be a site to behold.

It is already starting:

You know that feeling when you find out somebody you liked died? Well this is the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7gnMSzf_c

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, I think I can come out of retirement to collect some LL 101 tears about Scalia when they update.

Be gentile with yourself. You're too much of a thread treasure to sacrifice your sanity over this shitheel. :ohdear:

E: vvv :iamafag:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 14, 2016

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I do think the Onion did a pretty great job with it.

Justice Scalia Dead Following 30-Year Battle With Social Progress

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Is Social Fixer down? I wanted to share some Scalia Facebook talk, but I can't find SF, and it's too long to anonymize the whole thing by hand. Well, a couple choice quotes:

"foul play???? watch the coverup"

"No cover up...don't look for conspiracies. The man was 79...people do die of natural causes at 79. I hope that I don't, but people do."

"Can Obama appoint himself"
"they can wait a few months, till hes out of office..."
"Not sure...if not, will likely appoint someone that is like him."
"Who has to confirm the new appointment?"
"He may appoint but I doubt the Senate will hold hearings and confirm before the next President is sworn in."

"Maybe allow the man to be buried before making his death about politics. So much to be celebrated about him."

"This is sad news for the loss of a good Supreme Court Justice. Terrible news for decisions coming from the Court."

"Lord have mercy, this is bad. Stay strong, Senate. No confirmations till after the election."

"Hummm. Timely for obama"
"Isn't it, though. I am too jaded I guess. I do not trust the anointed one at all."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nth Doctor posted:

Be gentile with yourself.
Is that the :hitler: version of "that's mighty White of you"? :v:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Obama/Hillary was going to murder Scalia they should have done it two years ago so that they could have gotten a replacement in without letting the Senate dawdle on it. That's the REAL scandal here.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Radish posted:

If Obama/Hillary was going to murder Scalia they should have done it two years ago so that they could have gotten a replacement in without letting the Senate dawdle on it. That's the REAL scandal here.

This. When I first heard about Scalia, my first thought was "Oh poo poo, terrible timing with the elections so soon". But I suppose this is just another "Brilliant enough to pull off elaborate secretive assassination operation, dumb enough to not do it at the right time" type juxtapositions these people don't seem to have a problem with.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Radish posted:

That's just how incompetent the Obama administration is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, they're right.

That's a very unflattering picture.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

:D

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Does anyone else find it weird that, of the various teams named after Native Americans, the one with the most offensive name has the least offensive logo? That's actually a fairly dignified profile, and if not for the name I might believe the line that it's a tribute/honor.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
One final dump

Evidence

Republicans who hate taxes are like a child hoarding dollys

No violence here

I'm a bird, your argument is invalid

I'm on the Edge! Of glory!

Now adding truckers to the list of the worthy

They like JFK now?

Hillary

This misogyny again

Hey I really like that painting gtfo :mad:

Union Jack?

Superbowl

Work yourself to the bone for your boss for pennies on the dollar because you hate unions and think you're picking yourself up by your bootstraps? no thanks

I'm not sure how a Mr Fish got in here except that they maybe saw the coffin and assumed it was a benghazi cartoon

Is this another wolf or have we pivoted to bears?

Next: it's my right to fly the confederate flag

There is not a big enough gently caress Israel for this

Agreed, gently caress Israel

gently caress Bibi

ISRAEL BOMBED UN SHELTERS AND SCHOOLS IN GAZA. gently caress. You. Israel

I thought rich people like the Heinzes were job creators

Now that we've laughed at Kerry for being too rich, let's laugh at Bernie for not being rich enough. only $300k in the bank, psshhhh

Common sense

fundamental misunderstanding of Rhodes Must Fall

What is this in reference to? when house republicans shut down the government?

Yes, keeping racism alive is so hard

Look if we don't talk about racism it doesn't exist ok?

gently caress is that white guy?

welfare queens amirite

God for president.

Well that's obvious

Racist person litmus test right here

oof

haha violence against women we disagree with politically! haha

Remember that episode of King of the Hill where Dale gets a giant 30 foot flag in his yard and it blocks out the sun?

drinking and open carrying

well I'm going to die homeless of a preventable illness but who cares because I'm free! Unlike if I got healthcare and housing, that would just be free stuff.

yeah and the single celled parasites that live in your eyelashes are alive too but nobody's mourning their passing

Clare Huxtable is NOT BILL COSBY'S WIFE

WAR ON NOUNS

shame flag

lmgtfy

falling for a honeypot should be cause for dismissal yes. As opposed to putting emails on a private server which even republicans who are directly scouring the thing can't find.

Warrant

no comprende

If you cannot articulate why you feel patriotic, that's true patriotism

live like middle america or gfo

I WISH our prisoners could count on all these

SLAVE SHIP

doo doo

Cam Newton left a press conference early. Peyton Manning sexually harassed a trainer, violated a court order not to discuss it, and ruined her career.

I posted this last week but now we have some followup. Now I see that it's not just that black people have won some oscars before, it's that the movies black people make are about obama and suck. That is why they didn't get nominated for oscars. Of course.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Defenestration posted:

fundamental misunderstanding of Rhodes Must Fall

Also, the pyramids weren't built by slave labor.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Defenestration posted:

They like JFK now?
Maybe it means all Democrats should be shot in the head.

It's because everywhere in the UK is a Muslim no-go zone, so they'd go there to be treated like a foreigner.

:lol:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Defenestration posted:

They like JFK now?

They've decided JFK would be a Republican today, because he cut taxes once. But I'm pretty sure if any of the leading Republicans today were politically active at the time, they'd say Kennedy was a pussy liberal for appeasing the Soviet Union by not nuking Cuba.

Defenestration posted:

gently caress is that white guy?

Andrew Napolitano, former judge, Fox host, and conspiracy theorist (he's a 9/11 truther among many others).

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Defenestration posted:

Work yourself to the bone for your boss for pennies on the dollar because you hate unions and think you're picking yourself up by your bootstraps? no thanks
I'm OK with this. More people should be working for decent wages, not reliant on government aid. So get to it, "job creators".

quote:

Now that we've laughed at Kerry for being too rich, let's laugh at Bernie for not being rich enough. only $300k in the bank, psshhhh
I think that's because Sharpton is famous among conservatives for not paying taxes, and Bernie's a socialist, so neither one knows how to pay for anything. As opposed to Republicans, who would demand that everybody else at their table stop being lazy and go wash dishes.

quote:

Look if we don't talk about racism it doesn't exist ok?
The problem's not calling somebody a black man, it's calling him a thug, friend of the family, or subhuman feral. When white people can stop doing that, I'll be impressed.

quote:

I WISH our prisoners could count on all these
So what about the people who dream of shelter, bacon, beans, and treatment when they're ill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
You know who doesn't dream? People dead from exposure, starvation, or treatable illness.