Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Speaking of large figures. This thing is going to be 2 feet tall. From NECA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

Excellent. We're 1/3 of the way to a Real Doll line of Marvel characters.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cocks Cable posted:

Excellent. We're 1/3 of the way to a Real Doll line of Marvel characters.

There's already a 7ft tall Batfleck being made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

HULK SMASH PUNY BANK ACCOUNT

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Travis343 posted:

I still don't understand the appeal of bigger action figures. Never have, from back in the days of Toy Biz and their 90s X-Men line. They don't mix with your normal guys so it seems like you'd want to buy nothing but 12 inchers, but they don't make half the variety of characters they do in the normal lines.

Movie figures, or figures of real people look way better in larger scales, you lose a lot of detail in the 6" versions of them, whereas drawn characters turn out a lot better (usually)

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Some of the accessories that come with the old Playmates Simpsons figures go great in so many set ups:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Hasbro Toy Fair News:

Marvel Legends
- The SDCC Dormammu will be a BAF! Dr Strange line with Ironfist, Nico, and movie Strange
- X-Men lineup consisting of Deadpool, Havok, Cable, Rogue, Kitty Pryde. BAF not announced
- TRU will get a three pack of Kate Bishop, Sam Wilson Cap, & Marvel Now Vision
- Walgreens gets a Namor and Jim Lee Punisher

Star Wars Black Series
- Darth Revan, ANH Leia, Sabine, Snowtrooper & AT-AT driver
- SDCC will get a Rogue One character

Also some 3.75 inch figure news, but I don't think too many people in this thread collect them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Havoc904 posted:

Also some 3.75 inch figure news, but I don't think too many people in this thread collect them.

I've mentioned before that I have collected 3.75" Star Wars toys since I was 2 years old and, as cool as the Black Series look, I'm a little reluctant to start over now. Really all I want to know about that line is: are they going to make small-scale TFA figures any more collector-friendly or are they doubling down on the 1970's articulation?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I've heard that select TFA characters will get the 3.75 black series treatment. The problem is that unless it has a helmet, the face sculpt is garbage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Why hasn't MCU Falcon got a 6" Legend yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Too many goddamned figures to buy.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Not sure if this is the right thread or subforum or not, but does anyone else have the Kotobukia Mega Man (the model kit that makes this awesome, super poseable figure. Thought I should include that since I had to look up the name myself)? Are the E tank logos stickers or are they some kind of rub on transfer thing? I can't find an edge.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

noooo Rhyno nooooooooo

Rhyno think of your girlfriend

demon I cast you out of brother Rhyno

in the name of Superman I rebuke you

by the power of Greyskull I expel you from this man

Rhyno you must be strong

through Solomon and Zeus and all the shazammies, I cast out this foul creature

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So glad I work at a Toy R Us so I can get Kate Bishop! :toot:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Perry Normal posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread or subforum or not, but does anyone else have the Kotobukia Mega Man (the model kit that makes this awesome, super poseable figure. Thought I should include that since I had to look up the name myself)? Are the E tank logos stickers or are they some kind of rub on transfer thing? I can't find an edge.

I have that model kit. All the decals are waterslide, they don't peel up from an edge. You cut it down to a good size, and when wet, slide the decal film off the paper and onto the tank. As it dries it adheres to the plastic. Google waterslide decals and I'm sure there's a video that explains it better than I did.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Travis343 posted:

I have that model kit. All the decals are waterslide, they don't peel up from an edge. You cut it down to a good size, and when wet, slide the decal film off the paper and onto the tank. As it dries it adheres to the plastic. Google waterslide decals and I'm sure there's a video that explains it better than I did.

Awesome, thank you very much! My E tank will finally look right, provided I haven't scratched it up too badly.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Leg-to-rest-of-body ratio guest-designed by Sam Kieth.

Probably just because of body reuse as Hasbro are so fond of. I dont think they can get a single character perfect because of it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That Sabine actually looks really good, maybe I've been too hard on the Black Se-

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lmao there's a sexy girl Boba Fett with pink Boba Fett armor. Star Wars!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's light red!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

Lmao there's a sexy girl Boba Fett with pink Boba Fett armor. Star Wars!

You're both wrong, it's plum

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

boom boom boom posted:

You're both wrong, it's plum

Im not sure why this is the funniest thing in the world to me but it is.

In other, better news check out this dope rear end Miles Morales finally on a nice, smaller body! Actually looks like a teenager now!

Looks like they're doing an Ultimate Peter Parker Spidey on the same body. Good stuff. Looks like you could make a decent Damian Wayne Robin out of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Travis343 posted:

Im not sure why this is the funniest thing in the world to me but it is.

The show is good and calling the character "sexy pink boba fett" is kinda stupid :shrug:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The show is good and calling the character "sexy pink boba fett" is kinda stupid :shrug:

Travis343 just wants everyone to know that he finds that 16 year old girl very sexy.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Havoc904 posted:

X-Men lineup consisting of Deadpool, Havok, Cable, Rogue, Kitty Pryde. BAF not announced

There are official promo pics for Iceman and classic green/gold Phoenix.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I was just excited to find these at Target this morning on the last day of the 25% off coupon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If we can very briefly talk about toys, and not Travis343's lust for 16 year old girls, this looks weird

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Star wars is dumb and bad. Apparently that makes me a pedophile, somehow.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That Castlevania figure is really strange, it's the first one of the "NES graphics" figures that I don't think really works. But I might still be tempted to get it based on my love for the series.

Travis343 posted:

I'm glad you understand.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

You did start by calling a 16 year old girl sexy, and then moved on to talking about how happy you were that the Miles Morales figure had a small, lithe body that really looked like a teenager.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

boom boom boom posted:

If we can very briefly talk about toys, and not Travis343's lust for 16 year old girls, this looks weird

I agree. I was really excited for them doing a NES Castlevania but that just looks awful.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

boom boom boom posted:

You did start by calling a 16 year old girl sexy, and then moved on to talking about how happy you were that the Miles Morales figure had a small, lithe body that really looked like a teenager.

I don't watch star wars. You could tell me that new dude with the cross lightsaber is a 16 year old girl and Id have to take your word for it.

You're being a real dipshit tonight. Everything alright? I notice your cute kirby avatar is gone. Do you want to talk about it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, it's you.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Travis343 posted:

I don't watch star wars. You could tell me that new dude with the cross lightsaber is a 16 year old girl and Id have to take your word for it.

You're being a real dipshit tonight. Everything alright? I notice your cute kirby avatar is gone. Do you want to talk about it?

Dude take your ribbing, it's funny and you're being a baby.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Did they show off the Black Series Revan?

(Revan is a fictional adult character, feel free to sexualize him/her, Travis343)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

Mile Morales is 13 years old, and you talked about how happy you were that the figure accurately recreated his

Travis343 posted:

dope rear end

That's an actual quote from you

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Did they show off the Black Series Revan?

(Revan is a fictional adult character, feel free to sexualize him/her, Travis343)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Miles Moralassss

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
1/6 batmobile

robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub