Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Jim Gilmore
Antonin Scalia
View Results

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think Cruz will be extra smug tonight

He's gonna wear the fact that he made the first tweet to politicize Scalia's death and his replacement like a badge of honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Joementum posted:

So I guess whenever John Dickerson hosts a debate there's going to be a huge news story that derails it.

You think he'd just straight up ask who the candidates would nominate to replace Scalia? Because I want him to put that to Trump. He's the one person who wouldn't demure by default for being too soon. He's also the only one likely to suggest Judge Judy.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Fix posted:

He's also the only one likely to suggest Judge Judy.

Legitimately this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Top Trending Questions:

#3: What is Ted Cruz's real name?

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Joementum posted:

Top Trending Questions:

#3: What is Ted Cruz's real name?

Demonic words are unpronounceable by mortals.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
It's a trick to send him back to the cosmic bog whence he came.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"Rafael" sounds simultaneously Hispanic, Jewish, and evil. Which, one, could argue, is also how Ted Cruz looks.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

ANTONIN SCALIA IS DEAD LET THE CELEBRATIONS BEGIN

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

ANTONIN SCALIA IS DEAD LET THE CELEBRATIONS BEGIN

Went to the liquor store to get a bottle to celebrate with 30 mins after hearing the news. I even got a celebration cigar like the one will smith smoked after killing all the aliens in ID4.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Cruz is such a liar that he lies about his first name.

How is this Canadian still in the race? If there is a new SC judge before the election him being eligible to even run for President will go to the new supreme court and Hillary will make sure he is DENIED. Guarantee a Hillary win.

If its Cruz vs Hillary that is.

Jewel Repetition posted:

"Rafael" sounds simultaneously Hispanic, Jewish, and evil. Which, one, could argue, is also how Ted Cruz looks.

Sounds Italian to me.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Number three on CBSN's list: WHAT IS TED CRUZ'S REAL NAME

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Winkie01 posted:

Went to the liquor store to get a bottle to celebrate with 30 mins after hearing the news. I even got a celebration cigar like the one will smith smoked after killing all the aliens in ID4.

welcome to earf

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
No way is Marco's team going to be able to compile and QA a response to the president's speech in time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope they get better questions now that the field is narrowed. I had to turn off the last two debates because it was just so awful. "President Obama says Muslims aren't terrorists, white people are, and Christians are the worst people on Earth. What are your thoughts on this?" over and over

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Good Citizen posted:

No way is Marco's team going to be able to compile and QA a response to the president's speech in time

Let's dispel with this fiction that Marco's team doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

I hope you got a smooth Romeo y Julieta. Something in a lighter tobacco (but still a great tobacco). The final death of a terrible man deserves effort by those he has harmed.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Antonin Scalia passes away after 30 year battle with social progress

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Do It Once Right posted:

I hope you got a smooth Romeo y Julieta. Something in a lighter tobacco (but still a great tobacco). The final death of a terrible man deserves effort by those he has harmed.

I just grabbed one, I don't know anything about cigars

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

:lol: apparently GOP primary voters thought W is Jeb!'s father

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
TLDR:

Googles policy is still pro Santorum, just as it is

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
CBS News formally acknowledges that 'Santorum' has been redefined to mean something else entirely.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
:lol: They brought up the Santorum google issue.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
The guy was really chill about being like "yeah bad luck for that guy but meh trending"

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
It's the 14th in Australia, where I'm watching from. I am hoping for a political St. Valentine's Day Massacre :getin:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Do It Once Right posted:

RyJ is lamestream. If you aren't smoking My Father or other strong, spicy cigars you are a lightweight loser. Back on topic, exactly HOW many cuban cigars does Ted Cruz smoke a day? Those are illegal. If Trump smoked you betcha he would only smoke legal, made in other 3rd world country cigars.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

I just grabbed one, I don't know anything about cigars

Oh christ. If it's not light brown, please don't smoke it. If it's a dark cigar, you'll be puking up your guts by morning. I want the death of Scalia to be a heartfelt joyful moment for all of us.

Doesn't SA have a tobacco subforum for people who haven't smoked joyfully before?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OH MAN WHO IS READY FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A REALLY lovely NON-DEBATE WITH A LOT OF DUMB QUESTIONS

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

WHAT HAPPENED TO JOHN KASICH'S PARENTS

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

WHAT HAPPENED TO JOHN KASICH'S PARENTS

They died when their car was hit by a drunk driver, causing him to adopt born again Christianity. He talks about it a lot.

Norbert
Feb 2, 2004

Trying to get a piece of that Evangelical religious pie.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

South Carolinians are gullible as poo poo and can be molded like the softest clay

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

welcome to earf

But he just left Earth :eng101:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Lets find out if this Rubio patch worked out the kinks

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Epic High Five posted:

OH MAN WHO IS READY FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A REALLY lovely NON-DEBATE WITH A LOT OF DUMB QUESTIONS

ARE YOU READY FOR TWO-ISH HOURS OF STUMP SPEECHES INTERRUPTED ONLY PERIODICALLY FOR INANE INTER-CANDIDATE BICKERING, AND DISINGENUOUS DECLARATIONS ABOUT HOW THE MEDIA IS UNFAIR WHEN A CANDIDATE DOESN'T WANT TO ANSWER A PARTICULAR QUESTION?

YOUR TICKET PAYS FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
BOOO!!! Stop saying nice things about Scalia Obama!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
i can't wait to have an understaffed supreme court for the next two years or so

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Obama lying his rear end off right now.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Can someone with a bit more knowledge in this area explain why the SC primary is sometimes variously referred to as a 'woodchipper' and discussed of as 'tough' and 'mean'

Is it because of a history of people getting cut out at this point or stereotypes of southerners or what ?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Google Trends: "How tall is Marco Rubio?"

The voters are really engaged in the process this time around.

• Locked thread