Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
fat men scrum, nobody surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This all got a bit breathless. I think the Scots are going to be benchfucked.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I think were going to be Clancy hosed. The welsh scrum are getting away with murder.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

HappyCamperGL posted:

I think were going to be Clancy hosed. The welsh scrum are getting away with murder.

I was right. Three scrums before the welsh try should have been penalties not called. loving ng bollocks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress? Tackles?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Biggarena still working.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scottish guys just not holding onto the ball. Knock ons, missed catches, weak lineouts.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Okay, last chance...exciting finish at least.

edit: wow that was quick

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Wet fart finish

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that was a poo poo final play, I'd have liked to see a good desperation attempt.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Disappointing result. But a really encouraging performance.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I love reading your posts about the 6N games. They all sound so poo poo.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Unimpressed posted:

By the way the pre season games are going in Super Rugby, I don't think we'd do any better...

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Unimpressed posted:

The commentators have been playing up the drama side of every match to make up for the lack of enthralling rugby. Ireland - France could be mostly blamed on the conditions but these first two rounds of games haven't delivered on quality yet.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

HappyCamperGL posted:

Disappointing result. But a really encouraging performance.

Every Scotland supporter after every Scotland match since 1994.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

Every Scotland supporter after every Scotland match since 1994.

Hey now, Scotland won the last ever 5 Nations in 1999, making them, objectively, the best team to ever play that competition.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There were sparks of something there today, but mostly when players acted like they normally don't. Laidlaw picking and going, for example.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

TRISHY posted:

By the way the pre season games are going in Super Rugby, I don't think we'd do any better...

Nah, our games are usually more entertaining, regardless of the quality. Besides the Tahs beat the brumbies in Wagga, so I'm smug as gently caress.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
So Scotland were slightly worse than England then slightly worse than Wales. Eagerly looking forward to being slightly worse than Italy in two weeks.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

goatface posted:

There were sparks of something there today, but mostly when players acted like they normally don't. Laidlaw picking and going, for example.

Against a Wales side that seem to have forgotten or can't be hosed to play rugby for 80 mins.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I wish someone would play attacking rugby in the 6 Nations. Honestly I don't mind Ireland not winning it if they just threw themselves into things and said no more box kicks and had a fullback Payne running things back instead of engaging in lovely kick tennis.

Have some balls, throw the miss pass, go for silly off loads, take quick penalties, try to score tries at all instead of grinding results out because it doesn't loving work when it matters.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Plucky Brit posted:

So Scotland were slightly worse than England then slightly worse than Wales. Eagerly looking forward to being slightly worse than Italy in two weeks.

They always do a really good job of being 95% as good as their opponents

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
listen lads i'm not goign to make ezcuses for ireland sucking dick but its absolutely ridiculous that france continue to get awasy with targeting sexton with late high hits every match. if the irb/world rugby/whatevver they rebrand themselves want to see good runnning rugby don't let the 10 be a loving punching bag for fucks sake

loving START MCCLOSKEY

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You OK there, mate?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Swan Curry posted:

listen lads i'm not goign to make ezcuses for ireland sucking dick but its absolutely ridiculous that france continue to get awasy with targeting sexton with late high hits every match. if the irb/world rugby/whatevver they rebrand themselves want to see good runnning rugby don't let the 10 be a loving punching bag for fucks sake

loving START MCCLOSKEY

This is top drunkposting.

Are you drinking beer through a sock right now.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I wish someone would play attacking rugby in the 6 Nations. Honestly I don't mind Ireland not winning it if they just threw themselves into things and said no more box kicks and had a fullback Payne running things back instead of engaging in lovely kick tennis.

Have some balls, throw the miss pass, go for silly off loads, take quick penalties, try to score tries at all instead of grinding results out because it doesn't loving work when it matters.

Sadly everyone looks at Scotland playing attacking rugby and still getting hosed so say "Nope, lovely grinding it is.".

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Italy look well up for this

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, that might knock some of the fight out of them.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah some headless chicken stuff there. A shame...

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
How to spot some one who doesn't know Northern Hemisphere rugby

Will England vs Italy be anything other than a massive forward slugfest?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Bloody hell, it doesn't look like Jones was joking when he said he didn't want any Italian players left standing. They're dropping like flies now

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hahaha... The Italian forwards don't engage at the line out so the English forwards get confused and just go ahead with forming up a maul anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Italy's kicker kicks weird.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awww, arguing with the ref as they go off.

zzttaozia
Aug 26, 2009

suck it down
I don't like being English anymore :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How does Parisse manage to be everywhere?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The easiest interception.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hartley coming in with the shoulder into that ruck. Citing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Italy died out. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
That was an old fashioned England performance. Grind the other team down then hit them with a sucker punch