Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Now this is a star war I would gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
The new Marvel Legends Iron Man helmet and Cap shield are pretty nice for less than $100.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see some pics and know some more details about em though.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
The helmet and shield are up on Amazon for pre order.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

If we can very briefly talk about toys, and not Travis343's lust for 16 year old girls, this looks weird

You have to love Randy's answer to the critcism though.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/698642126888947712

:v:

Anyways, I'm pumped as hell by this year Kenner's wave

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/698649805514526720

:black101:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Anyways, I'm pumped as hell by this year Kenner's wave

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/698649805514526720

:black101:

Is the Spiked Tail Predator actually gonna be spring-loaded like the original was?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've mentioned before that I have collected 3.75" Star Wars toys since I was 2 years old and, as cool as the Black Series look, I'm a little reluctant to start over now. Really all I want to know about that line is: are they going to make small-scale TFA figures any more collector-friendly or are they doubling down on the 1970's articulation?

Good to hear that there are other 3.75" collectors!

No pictures for new 3.75 Black Series, but I feel like they haven't been doing promo pictures for them since the line became Wal-Mart exclusive. Have you picked up the TFA figures they have released in the black series yet?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Decent enough. I wish the tan bits were bronze or metallic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Mile Morales is 13 years old, and you talked about how happy you were that the figure accurately recreated his

That's an actual quote from you

Aged up to 15 or 16 recently.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Now this is a star war I would gently caress.

He's also 16, trap sprung.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

I don't think trans people prefer being called traps. That's very rude.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Rage posted:

:negative:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I don't think trans people prefer being called traps. That's very rude.

Darth Traps

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Rage posted:

Darth Traps

It's so hard to keep track of the different EDM genres these days.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Rage posted:

Darth Traps

Apprentice of Darth Delts; mentor to Darth Glutes.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've mentioned before that I have collected 3.75" Star Wars toys since I was 2 years old and, as cool as the Black Series look, I'm a little reluctant to start over now. Really all I want to know about that line is: are they going to make small-scale TFA figures any more collector-friendly or are they doubling down on the 1970's articulation?

Hey 3.75" collector pal.

There is a set of 3.75" TFA figures with modern articulation and sculpting under the Black Series banner. They're Wal-Mart exclusives and they have similar packaging to the 6" Black Series figures. I might be wrong about this part, but I swear I remember reading that Hasbro are testing the waters with these guys and if they sell well enough they'll bring on more 3.75" TFA figures with decent articulation.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That Revan is probably the first Black Series I've actually wanted and will probably purchase.

I want Constable Zuuvio but only because I find it hilarious that the action figure exists.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

The helmet and shield are up on Amazon for pre order.

Got a link? Can't find em.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Got a link? Can't find em.

Iron Man Helmet: http://amzn.to/1O96rGg

Captain America Shield: http://amzn.to/1oAVQiS

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got some new stuff from Japan today:

Bruce Lee it's a pretty frikin' amazing figure.The likeness in particular is astonishing for a figure in this scale. Articulation it's also great, and I really like the fact that it can do kicking poses without a stand pretty easily. It's a little bit on the small side at just over 5" tall, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Snake it's easily one of the best Revoltech figures I have ever seen. Revoltech joints are not for everyone, but they give the figure a great range of movement and it comes with a poo poo ton of accesories, so that's a plus on the "playability" side. It's also surprisingly taller and heftier than I expected, Revoltech figures are usually a little bit smaller than every other line, but this fits easily with other 6" figures.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hey 3.75" collector pal.

There is a set of 3.75" TFA figures with modern articulation and sculpting under the Black Series banner. They're Wal-Mart exclusives and they have similar packaging to the 6" Black Series figures. I might be wrong about this part, but I swear I remember reading that Hasbro are testing the waters with these guys and if they sell well enough they'll bring on more 3.75" TFA figures with decent articulation.

I am partial to the 3.75 line of Star Wars, as well. I've not been happy with the TFA offerings so far but have bought a few for my daughter. The Kylo Ren and Phasma figures are pretty nice. I don't really like the Black series packaging but would buy a lot of figures if they restarted the Vintage Series packaging with full articulation.

I've also got a few Hot Toys on order and that is a really stupidly expensive road to go down I've found...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
So Iceman is covered in lovely spikes, Havok has some weird costume I don't recognize, Black Series continues to be obsessed with soft goods but they are unwilling or unable to make them look good, and NECA is putting out their 83rd Kenner Predator while never once trying a Kenner Alien.

I reject this Toy Fair, toy industry, please revise and resubmit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

So Iceman is covered in lovely spikes, Havok has some weird costume I don't recognize, Black Series continues to be obsessed with soft goods but they are unwilling or unable to make them look good, and NECA is putting out their 83rd Kenner Predator while never once trying a Kenner Alien.

Apparently there's only two Kenner Predators left after this, both being weird designs that they couldn't really replicate well with their standard Predator body.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kenner Aliens are coming this Fall.

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8ZIRWbZi8

Jump to 13:24 for the reveal.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 14, 2016

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So Iceman is covered in lovely spikes, Havok has some weird costume I don't recognize

Iceman looks awesome. We haven't gotten a spikey Iceman before. There are 3 renditions of non-spikey Iceman.

Havok is Uncanny Avengers, no?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Cocks Cable posted:

Iceman looks awesome. We haven't gotten a spikey Iceman before. There are 3 renditions of non-spikey Iceman.

There are three renditions but they are all the old garbage toy biz "boulder shoulder" design and the only halfway decent one has an exploding crotch.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Buy a white Vision and some Tamaiya clear blue paint. Problem solved.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Cocks Cable posted:

Buy a white Vision and some Tamaiya clear blue paint. Problem solved.

I did that, it's too blue. Plus those spikes just look bad, it's the principle of the thing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hey 3.75" collector pal.

Aww man, I hate Wal-Mart as much as I love Star Wars so this is a moral dilemma.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sentinel Red posted:

Give it to me. Give it to me now.

I need this right now. Who is making it and who do I shove fistfuls of cash at to get one?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alien3 Ripley!!! :swoon:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gently caress you, elf on a shelf!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I know they're mostly persona non grata around here, but has anyone managed to come across Green Goblin or Taskmaster Funko Pops at Walgreens? Mine are mostly wastelands of months old product.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Nut Bunnies posted:

I know they're mostly persona non grata around here, but has anyone managed to come across Green Goblin or Taskmaster Funko Pops at Walgreens? Mine are mostly wastelands of months old product.

Should I keep an eye out? I'm in Walgreens sometimes looking for other stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sweeeeeet

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2016_New_York_Toy_Fair/DC_Collectibles/DC_Collectibles_Toy_Fair147__scaled_600.jpg

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

boom boom boom posted:

gently caress you, elf on a shelf!

gently caress no. Elf on a Shelf is creepy enough, now they're just blindly expanding it for profit. That's really gross.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

What's a guy have to do to get sweet BTAS stands like that?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cloks posted:

gently caress no. Elf on a Shelf is creepy enough, now they're just blindly expanding it for profit. That's really gross.

It's always been stupid "tradition" bullshit for profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

If we can very briefly talk about toys, and not Travis343's lust for 16 year old girls, this looks weird

Am I crazy or did NECA do a line of Castlevania toys some years back, including a Simon that looked like a normal person?