Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

A HUGE PROTEST
https://mobile.twitter.com/killendave/status/698278750664790016

also:
The final 4 all pled not guilty.

Ammon's lawyer says he plans to plead not guilty.

No traps have been found at the Reserve.

David Fry testified in an anti-suicide garment.

You'd think after this mess those morons would be less inclined to group together in public places.

As for the freedom brigade, you're all going to prison for a long rear end time now, for sure

SedanChair posted:

Sovereign citizens can enjoy lucrative careers as models for these garments:

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones.....

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SocketWrench posted:

That ain't Valley Forge

Valley Farce

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

theflyingorc posted:

The final 4 all pled not guilty.

Ammon's lawyer says he plans to plead not guilty.

No traps have been found at the Reserve.

Happy to hear this. Means there is a good chance that we have yet to reach maximum comedy from this situation.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Internet Webguy posted:

Happy to hear this. Means there is a good chance that we have yet to reach maximum comedy from this situation.

Until plea deals are brokered, most defendants plead not guilty. I don't think it's surprising at all.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rick_Hunter posted:

Until plea deals are brokered, most defendants plead not guilty. I don't think it's surprising at all.

These people choosing the dumbest and most difficult route out of this situation would also not be surprising at all.

They need to bust straight through that roadblock. It's what Finnicum would've wanted.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Internet Webguy posted:

These people choosing the dumbest and most difficult route out of this situation would also not be surprising at all.

They need to bust straight through that roadblock. It's what Finnicum would've wanted.

It's not like soc citizens ever take that route when it comes to a simple license check and "be on your way".

Hahaha, of course the trials will be shitshow of constitutional word magic

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Discendo Vox posted:

Some mental health chat: David Fry is probably well past and into schizophrenia-he's basically a walking example of it with a history of increasing social unstability starting in puberty, marijuana use, and rapidly increasing belief in wide-flung conspiracy theories. If so, his life will be pretty miserable from this point forward. Managing such a condition is unpleasant under the best of circumstances- "getting him into treatment" is unlikely to do very much, given the place he's already worked himself into and given the limitations of current treatments.

It can be complicated, since ranchers also have to pay highly variable amounts to upkeep the public land that they use.

im a schizophrenic and smoking reefer is cool imo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe if you smoked weed you could finally pass the bar

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Unless you have significant experience in mental health, it's probably best you don't talk about David Fry's circumstances beyond hoping he gets the help he needs.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So, as someone raised jewish (not orthodox) and has an aunt who is a "Jew for Jesus", they're basically Christians who celebrate jewish holidays.

Yes, they are - but the context of why they exist (an artificial movement created by the Southern Baptists) and what kind of Christian they are (see aforementioned) is relevant. I suspect Fry is, however, the newer kind of Messianic - the Christian who converted to Messianic to be more purely Christian like Jesus.

(they're Christians who celebrate Jewish holidays.)

Yes, more like Fiddler on the Roof works, too. I'm trying to remember exactly how they preyed on incoming Jews. I know it was during the 70s, and I know it was preying on their lack of knowledge about Judaism, but the precise point they attacked on is escaping me. Sorry, we're talking 40+ year old memories here - I have a few blank spots.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 13, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I really hope they try to use the word magic in highly-publicized trials and the nation gets to see it all slowly taken apart.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Warcabbit posted:

Yes, they are - but the context of why they exist (an artificial movement created by the Southern Baptists) and what kind of Christian they are (see aforementioned) is relevant. I suspect Fry is, however, the newer kind of Messianic - the Christian who converted to Messianic to be more purely Christian like Jesus.

(they're Christians who celebrate Jewish holidays.)

Yes, more like Fiddler on the Roof works, too. I'm trying to remember exactly how they preyed on incoming Jews. I know it was during the 70s, and I know it was preying on their lack of knowledge about Judaism, but the precise point they attacked on is escaping me. Sorry, we're talking 40+ year old memories here - I have a few blank spots.

Uh, also, we're from Southern California. I believe she did convert in the 70s or 80s, but I don't think it had anything to do with Southern Baptists.
I'm not going to say your argument has no merit since I don't know a whole lot about it, but don't paint with too large a brush here.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Has there been any discussion of plea deals yet? I'm genuinely hoping they take at least the Bundys and hang them out to dry.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

I googled this guy just to find out more about him. Saw this, search over.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crime fighting hog posted:

This feels like a gif of someone getting whiter and whiter without reaching a peak.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

He was a lame duck Republican nominee in a seat the Dems were expected to take quite easily. So much of a lame duck he recieved a grand total of $500 in funding from the party. His total fundraising for the entire election including that ended up being $780.

And then somehow he won and the local Republicans aren't sure what to do with him as he pushes for such things as letting foster homes have guns.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

So, as someone raised jewish (not orthodox) and has an aunt who is a "Jew for Jesus", they're basically Christians who celebrate jewish holidays.

She'd come down for passover and Hanukkah, p. Sure she does rosh Hashanah, etc.

(Pro tip: if anyone invites you over for passover, don't go. Unless you're shtupping them. Then you kinda have to.
Just choke that horseradish down.)

Jew food is amazing, my wife's step father is an atheist Jew so since we've been married I've come to celebrate Jewish holidays secular style.

Sorry your family can't cook.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Jarmak posted:

Jew food is amazing, my wife's step father is an atheist Jew so since we've been married I've come to celebrate Jewish holidays secular style.

And you've probably only had ashkenazic. Sephardic is like a zillion times better.

http://www.jannagur.com/108704/Sofrito

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Out of the way, Pecks!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

OB_Juan posted:

Out of the way, Pecks!

"Get outta here, or we'll cook ya!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

codenameFANGIO posted:

I really hope they try to use the word magic in highly-publicized trials and the nation gets to see it all slowly taken apart.

With all the interest and joy of an 8 year old pulling the wings off a fly

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Jarmak posted:

Not saying the food isn't good. I'm saying passover itself ... kinda sucks.

No unleavened bread? :(

Kosher wine? Oh dear god no, I still choose the juice.

EATING RAW HORSERADISH. The bitterness represents how bitter I am at being made to eat raw loving horseradish.

And no, you can't eat until we're done reciting all this stuff and playing 'hide-the-matzo'. Nobody likes playing hide-the-matzo.

(I'm no longer Jewish. I'm Jewish.)

E: In other words, most jewish food is THE BOMB. But sometimes the traditions suck.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 14, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Holy gently caress....a winrar is you, sir.
Someone get this guy some White Strips, stat.
Looks like someone you'd run into at Bates Motel

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Started watching this with my wife nearby. Her immediate reaction was "that guy is a former Army Ranger? Women who read romance novels are all sobbing right now."

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

And then somehow he won and the local Republicans aren't sure what to do with him as he pushes for such things as letting foster homes have guns.

Syncs with most of the republicans I know, what's the problem?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
You know, it's like these chucklefucks never even watched the video.

"I've driven this route many times. There were ample places to apprehend him"

No poo poo, what do you think they were trying to do when he was first pulled over before he ran. And again, no poo poo, why do you think they parked those vehicles across the road that he tried to run past. Jesus gently caress, the retardation

"It's obvious he was trying to surrender"

Yeah running full speed into a snowbank to try and get around the roadblock, jumping out of your vehicle and spend the next few moments screaming "shoot me!" while repeatedly trying to reach into a pocket for a weapon sure is surrendering.

"AMBUSH!"

Uh huh, no one saw a possible roadblock coming up after he ran from the first attempt to stop him.
It wasn't an ambush you turd. I'll bet he's stealing some valor on top of this mess. Sov citizens seem to forget that their claims can be researched

People as dumb as this poo poo stain should be pistol whipped till sanity returns

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Not saying the food isn't good. I'm saying passover itself ... kinda sucks.

No unleavened bread? :(

Kosher wine? Oh dear god no, I still choose the juice.

EATING RAW HORSERADISH. The bitterness represents how bitter I am at being made to eat raw loving horseradish.

And no, you can't eat until we're done reciting all this stuff and playing 'hide-the-matzo'. Nobody likes playing hide-the-matzo.

(I'm no longer Jewish. I'm Jewish.)

E: In other words, most jewish food is THE BOMB. But sometimes the traditions suck.

My pastor (Catholic) did a Passover dinner once to show the origins of communion. I think he tried to make it as authentic as possible, though I'm not Jewish so I dont know. I really liked it.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Are there any politicians from Nevada that aren't, by the fact of their very existence, proof that their is no god?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SocketWrench posted:

You know, it's like these chucklefucks never even watched the video.

"I've driven this route many times. There were ample places to apprehend him"

No poo poo, what do you think they were trying to do when he was first pulled over before he ran. And again, no poo poo, why do you think they parked those vehicles across the road that he tried to run past. Jesus gently caress, the retardation

"It's obvious he was trying to surrender"

Yeah running full speed into a snowbank to try and get around the roadblock, jumping out of your vehicle and spend the next few moments screaming "shoot me!" while repeatedly trying to reach into a pocket for a weapon sure is surrendering.

"AMBUSH!"

Uh huh, no one saw a possible roadblock coming up after he ran from the first attempt to stop him.
It wasn't an ambush you turd. I'll bet he's stealing some valor on top of this mess. Sov citizens seem to forget that their claims can be researched

People as dumb as this poo poo stain should be pistol whipped till sanity returns

They don't care about what actually happened. They need Finnacum to be a brave martyr or innocent victim for their own creepy little narrative of the Evil Feds to work. They cannot process the idea they could be wrong so they'll keep making up their stories and dismissing any evidence to the contrary just to support their main goal of supporting their narrative.

Their revolution failed and they'll do anything to avoid admitting the pointlessness of their actions.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 14, 2016

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Video killed the So-ov Cit dream!
Video killed the So-ov Cit dream!
In my heart and in my mind-
They've gone too far, they can't rewind!

Sorry, mind was wandering during work and I practically kicked myself I didn't think of this earlier. This trial is gonna be such a massive, hilarious clusterfuck (at least for the Defense) because of how much evidence Santelli, Fry and others recorded and streamed freely.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Platystemon posted:

We know David Fry is mentally ill if he describes his anti‐suicide garment as “white and gold”.

I didn't know the Orokin made anti-suicide robes. Do they come with some snazzy headgear as well?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 14, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I read the whole write up :unsmith:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Uh, also, we're from Southern California. I believe she did convert in the 70s or 80s, but I don't think it had anything to do with Southern Baptists.
I'm not going to say your argument has no merit since I don't know a whole lot about it, but don't paint with too large a brush here.

I can't PM you but, if you don't mind, some minor bits of information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_for_Jesus
Jews for Jesus, founded, San Francisco, 1973, which would match your statement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moishe_Rosen
Martin Rosen, trained as a Conservative Baptist preacher, founder. My mistake, he seems to be a Northern Baptist, not Southern.
Either way, I hope this has been of some help.

Mmm. Passover pot roast and latkes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Geostomp posted:

They don't care about what actually happened. They need Finnacum to be a brave martyr or innocent victim for their own creepy little narrative of the Evil Feds to work. They cannot process the idea they could be wrong so they'll keep making up their stories and dismissing any evidence to the contrary just to support their main goal of supporting their narrative.

Their revolution failed and they'll do anything to avoid admitting the pointlessness of their actions.

Even better this bozo was a known felon and is a libertarian. This is like some magical unicorn of stupidity

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

(Pro tip: if anyone invites you over for passover, don't go. Unless you're shtupping them. Then you kinda have to.
Just choke that horseradish down.)

Ignore this poster, he's trying to trick you and keep all the matzo ball soup and latkes for himself

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Why the hell does it matter if it was an "ambush" or not?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

They want the narrative to be that it was the evil, oppressive feds ambushing true patriots, murdering an innocent man in cold blood, and destroying anybody that wants true freedom.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhLSg9XUWo

God, why are reporters so useless so often?

Reporter: Mrs. Fiore, do you advocate more armed anti-goverment action like what we just saw for the past month?
Fiore: Did the militia actually POINT their guns at anyone, smart guy? :smug:
Reporter: Uh, well I guess not, so I withdraw the question :(

When an idiot like Fiore asks a dumbass question like that, the simple response is: "They were constantly threatening to KILL ANYONE THAT TRIED TO STOP THEM!"

This isn't loving hard people!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

theflyingorc posted:

being a sovereign boat with freedom to travel he was waylaid most cowardly by pirates under her majesty's service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Alan Smithee posted:

being a sovereign boat with freedom to travel he was waylaid most cowardly by pirates under her majesty's service

I feel quite confident in stating that he was not in international waters, and was therefore lawfully boarded for inspection by tiny lead agents of Elizabeth, Second of Her Name.

• Locked thread