Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Microwaves Mom posted:

Oh boy you get to be a moderator.

if someone yells "SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM" I think that would be something that would please them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
the fallout of this is going to be a supernova. the republicans are going to block whomever obama nominates, but there are two judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit that were unanimously confirmed by the senate. if obama nominates either of these two, republicans are going to have a tough time trying to argue (and right in the middle of a presidential election) that it isn't sour grapes when they don't confirm one of them.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Scalia is still dead :unsmith:

it's a brave new world

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
bababooie bababooie

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-court-odd-couple-20150622-story.html

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I lust for more death.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm gonna go take a massive poo poo and dedicate it to Antonin Scalia.

My plans for the morning too! Happy Valentine's Day.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm gonna go take a massive poo poo and name it Antonin Scalia.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

blarzgh posted:

awwvyeah somebody who had wrong opinions died lets fuckin celebrate and act like animals. good thing one of the right-opinion-havers didnt die.

The funny part is that Scalia wasn't really an opinion haver, so much as a law reminder. All he did was remind people of what the law was and they got all pissy because the Founding Fathers didn't include a provision in the Constitution for Bronies to legally adopt their erotic Fluttershy fanfic as they would human children and other insane, deviant poo poo like that.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

BigBoss posted:

The funny part is that Scalia wasn't really an opinion haver, so much as a law reminder. All he did was remind people of what the law was and they got all pissy because the Founding Fathers didn't include a provision in the Constitution for Bronies to legally adopt their erotic Fluttershy fanfic as they would human children and other insane, deviant poo poo like that.

yeah death to innocent people by the courts is totally what they wanted

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

BigBoss posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_opinion

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lufiron posted:

the fallout of this is going to be a supernova. the republicans are going to block whomever obama nominates, but there are two judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit that were unanimously confirmed by the senate. if obama nominates either of these two, republicans are going to have a tough time trying to argue (and right in the middle of a presidential election) that it isn't sour grapes when they don't confirm one of them.

The actually funny part is if they try to block the nomination, that makes the nomination the only issue in the entire presidential campaign, and is going to drive the under 30 demographic to vote more than ever in history. It's going to kill GOP's chances at the presidency entirely. In fact it would probably drive Bern straight into presidency.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Yeah, I'm sure all the subhuman creeps celebrating a human being's death were padantic weirdos who actually meant "legal opinion".

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

BigBoss posted:

Yeah, I'm sure all the subhuman creeps celebrating a human being's death were padantic weirdos who actually meant "legal opinion".

"human being" get real homo

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Will they put his funny Thomas More hat on the coffin?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Haverchuck posted:

"human being" get real homo

Why am I not surprised someone who's happy about another person's death would resort to hate speech when questioned about their repugnant beliefs?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

BigBoss posted:

He was a bad man and its good he is dead and better that he was not killed so no martyring :)

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Nurge posted:

The actually funny part is if they try to block the nomination, that makes the nomination the only issue in the entire presidential campaign, and is going to drive the under 30 demographic to vote more than ever in history. It's going to kill GOP's chances at the presidency entirely. In fact it would probably drive Bern straight into presidency.

lol if you think the under 30 demographic knows a single thing about how the supreme court works

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

BigBoss posted:

He was a bad person and it's OK to be glad that he is dead.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i wish we could be like canada too, where they just managed to oust their insanely retarded right wing hack leader for most of a decade

for a frenchy foo fagnasty no less hehehe

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

BigBoss posted:

Why am I not surprised someone who's happy about another person's death would resort to hate speech when questioned about their repugnant beliefs?

[in unbelievably slimy, nasal, wheezing nerd voice:]Why am I not surprised someone who's happy about another person's death would resort to hate speech when questioned about their repugnant beliefs?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Nurge posted:

Probably the only person that this wouldn't be bad for is Trump, Citizen United and overturning Roe V. Wade are hugely unpopular and until justice is confirmed democrats could for the Republican nominee to talk about how they want to appoint someone that supports both things constantly.

It's one thing the make the Roe V. Wade argument in the abstract but just wait until you back Cruz or Rubio in a corner and make them admit constantly that they want a judge that would ban abortion and that confirming such a justice was one of their top priorities.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The music track I've selected to accompany my somber mourning of Scalia's passing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI

e: Man, 2016 has been a really good year for the Grim Reaper. Lots of people dropping dead everywhere this year. :getin: :kheldragar: :skeltal: :iiam:

Teriyaki Koinku has issued a correction as of 17:24 on Feb 14, 2016

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Nurge posted:

lol most people under 30 can't even name two justices, much less even probably know many justices serve on the court

you bernard supporters are hilariously stupid

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BigBoss posted:

lol if you think human life is remotely precious. Get over yourself.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I hate yankees posted:

lol most people under 30 can't even name two justices, much less even probably know many justices serve on the court

you bernard supporters are hilariously stupid

As of this morning, Justice Scalia is still dead, and Obama is going to choose who is going to replace him

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They should probably drive a stake through his heart and decapitate him just to make sure he like, stays dead

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If it's a job for life, Obama would be wise to put a 12 year old on the panel in order to secure the seat for many years to come. "Let's put some 70 year old dude in there who will die by next year and still says racially insensitive things at thanksgiving" - a dumb move guaranteed to play into the oppositions hands.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Haverchuck posted:

[in unbelievably slimy, nasal, wheezing nerd voice:]Why am I not surprised someone who's happy about another person's death would resort to hate speech when questioned about their repugnant beliefs?

:master:

Haverchuck laying down sick burns today.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

BigBoss posted:

This is definitely not true but then again I guess if you never listened to or read any of the words that he spewed forth in his opinions/dissents/hearings you'd maybe have a reason to think this. But the guy would abandon strict Constitutiality the moment it didn't suit him if it let him throw gays or women or minorities under the bus

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Other Barry posted:

lol if you think the american demographic knows a single thing about how the supreme court works

Yeah

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

The Goatfather posted:

Scalia is still dead :unsmith:

it's a brave new world

no joke I was sorta concerned that we would have a loving resurrected lich king plot IRL, I mean if anyone could do it you'd think it would be Scalia

maybe Bowie but he seems like he'd be a benevolent tyrant

in conclusion i am glad that Scalia is still dead and sad that Bowie is still dead

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

BigBoss posted:

you sound like a big bitch :qq::qq::qq:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

I Love You! posted:

This is definitely not true but then again I guess if you never listened to or read any of the words that he spewed forth in his opinions/dissents/hearings you'd maybe have a reason to think this. But the guy would abandon strict Constitutiality the moment it didn't suit him if it let him throw gays or women or minorities under the bus

The law is not a popularity contest. It was not put in place to reinforce your self-esteem. The only people who had a problem with Scalia were individuals who do not understand this. They felt that his refusal to bend the law to suit their fleeting and degenerate whims was somehow wrong. This is not true. Justice Scalia was a thoughtful person whose legal work was based on sound thinking. He based his decisions on constitutionality, nothing more. He did not allow anything to taint his legal decisions. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow when your entire life has been a participation trophy ceremony, but Antonin Scalia was a true patriot whose honorable service to the United States Supreme Court will not be forgotten. It really bothers me that people would dare celebrate his death. It is disgusting.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

norm macdonald also dead this morning

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Haverchuck posted:

nerd

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
cool now when Ginsburg dies during Trump's first term it won't sting as much, Obama can put some centrist piece of poo poo on the court now to balance out whatever lunatic Trump nominates (probably also have a super-majority Republican Senate too)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

BigBoss posted:

The law is not a popularity contest. It was not put in place to reinforce your self-esteem. The only people who had a problem with Scalia were individuals who do not understand this. They felt that his refusal to bend the law to suit their fleeting and degenerate whims was somehow wrong. This is not true. Justice Scalia was a thoughtful person whose legal work was based on sound thinking. He based his decisions on constitutionality, nothing more. He did not allow anything to taint his legal decisions. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow when your entire life has been a participation trophy ceremony, but Antonin Scalia was a true patriot whose honorable service to the United States Supreme Court will not be forgotten. It really bothers me that people would dare celebrate his death. It is disgusting.

"Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives," Judge Scalia said. Then, recalling Season 2, where the agent's rough interrogation tactics saved California from a terrorist nuke, the Supreme Court judge etched a line in the sand. "Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?" Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. "Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so. "So the question is really whether we believe in these absolutes. And ought we believe in th

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

BigBoss posted:

You're going to keep on pretending your love life is a choice rather than a consequence. Degenerate, pfft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bigboss has nothing but good points, will you be my valentine

• Locked thread