Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I got to talk to David Ramsey today at the local con, and asked him about the whole "shooting guys while not giving a gently caress" thing.

Diggle's gun is a "bat-gun," aka it does everything. Nets, flares, explosives, you name it. And also he primarily uses non-lethal rounds when dealing with baddies.

And he apparently liked the mask too when he first saw it, got all hyped up about it, until some idiot from marketing leaked it in a photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
John Barrowman is the coolest mother fucker on the planet. Steven Amell and David Ramsey are also super nice.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Scyantific posted:

Diggle's gun is a "bat-gun," aka it does everything. Nets, flares, explosives, you name it.

Ramsey seems cool, but that honestly sounds like an answer he just pulled out of his rear end.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That marketing man is a saint, he was only trying to show the world how garbage it is so they would be forced to change it. He's the hero we need.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hamsystem posted:

John Barrowman is the coolest mother fucker on the planet.

No he isn't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

enraged_camel posted:

No he isn't.

His YA book sounds really bad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

He must be an rear end in a top hat then.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Nope, he's cool.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Longbaugh01 posted:

What.

I thought it was verified and common knowledge that part of the reason Affleck signed on to be Batman was so he could direct the next solo-Batman film?

There's no place because there's like 2-3 DC movies every year for the next 3-4 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's August through October of most of those years with space.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aphrodite posted:

There's August through October of most of those years with space.

Late August through early October is a pretty well recognized dead space for films. That being said, a Batman movie during Halloween would be appropriate. 2019 would probably be the best time, since it's ~3 years after BvS (assuming it's a success) and there's no film for fall.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

computer parts posted:

There's no place because there's like 2-3 DC movies every year for the next 3-4 years.

They wouldn't sign a middle aged man on for multiple high action roles, and give him a actor/writer/director job as well. If they couldn't fit it in.

The main slate was announced long before the Batman solo films. The movie is being written right now, and could be as as soon as 2018. Affleck has a directorial commitment first with an unrelated film.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They'll just bump whichever one runs into problems and slot Batman in.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They'll bump the Cyborg movie and blame it on black Johnny Storm.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are already rumours the Cyborg movie is likely going to be something else.

I think some BSS goons were talking about a titans/teen titans movie, but it could be in their heads.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

There are already rumours the Cyborg movie is likely going to be something else.

I think some BSS goons were talking about a titans/teen titans movie, but it could be in their heads.

Yeah that seems to be the rumor, that's why the Titans series was killed.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why does DC keep acting like anyone ever cares about Cyborg?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He's one of Geoff John's favorites characters, from what I've heard.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

boom boom boom posted:

Why does DC keep acting like anyone ever cares about Cyborg?

The only black dude people know about other than Green Lantern.

(Static Shock is already getting a TV show)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

computer parts posted:

(Static Shock is already getting a TV show)

What. Really? gently caress yeah.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

What. Really? gently caress yeah.

Before you get excited, Jayden Smith is in talks to be Static.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm super bummed when Thea woke up and asked what happened, no one took the opportunity to tell her "Your dad gave us a hand."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Scyantific posted:

Good. He rules.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Good. He rules.

You've slipped up now buddy, that post just confirms you are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I'm super bummed when Thea woke up and asked what happened, no one took the opportunity to tell her "Your dad gave us a hand."

:vince:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Valeyard posted:

You've slipped up now buddy, that post just confirms you are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

He good in Karate Kid, he hilarious on twitter, he has amazing facial reactions, he went to prom as arctic attack Batman and gives zero fucks.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUCLMrG-fwM

Stardust showed up to harass Stephen Amell again. Can we just get Stardust as a villain of the week? Why not?

Scyantific posted:

Why? Aren't there other actors to choose from? Can we see if his dad is good as Deadshot first?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SonicRulez posted:

Stardust showed up to harass Stephen Amell again. Can we just get Stardust as a villain of the week? Why not?

I think the universe would implode.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Why? Aren't there other actors to choose from? Can we see if his dad is good as Deadshot first?

They missed the part where after Stardust and Eden bail out, Robbie Amell charges the stage and splashes Stephen with more water.

E: Robbie made it his cover page on facebook

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Stardust should be the Legends of Tomorrow villain instead of the weird knife hobo they got. Imagine if The Roryth Doctor had to assemble a team to find the Cosmic Key instead of basing a season of television on a bunch of terrible Hawkman backstory bullshit.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Legacy deal, i'm telling you... Fishface coming back to gotham apparently. gently caress you Will Smith, your whole family sucks except you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the Jaden Smith stuff was debunked months ago because at the time it came up Milestone had not renewed their deal with DC/WB so the rights to Static were not available.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I think the Jaden Smith stuff was debunked months ago because at the time it came up Milestone had not renewed their deal with DC/WB so the rights to Static were not available.

Nope, Donald Glover himself has spoken recently about Jayden's casting as Static.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Nope, Donald Glover himself has spoken recently about Jayden's casting as Static.

Is Donald Glover the authority on this or something?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it coz he's blick?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Scyantific posted:

They missed the part where after Stardust and Eden bail out, Robbie Amell charges the stage and splashes Stephen with more water.

E: Robbie made it his cover page on facebook

Isn't that how we got Two-Face?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Knights in white satin...

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

His utility belt is missing a pocket for his Batphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's never out of his hand.

• Locked thread