Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BigBoss posted:

The law is not a popularity contest. It was not put in place to reinforce your self-esteem. The only people who had a problem with Scalia were individuals who do not understand this. They felt that his refusal to bend the law to suit their fleeting and degenerate whims was somehow wrong. This is not true. Justice Scalia was a thoughtful person whose legal work was based on sound thinking. He based his decisions on constitutionality, nothing more. He did not allow anything to taint his legal decisions. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow when your entire life has been a participation trophy ceremony, but Antonin Scalia was a true patriot whose honorable service to the United States Supreme Court will not be forgotten. It really bothers me that people would dare celebrate his death. It is disgusting.

I think he did a good job at interpreting the law based around his gay are pretty gross worldview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

BillmasterCozb posted:

Bigboss has nothing but good points, will you be my valentine

As someone who chooses to celebrate life, I'd be more than happy to be your Valentine. :) There is too much negativity in the world.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'd be willing to bet money that Scalia was the smelliest justice

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I want Ted Cruz on SCOTUS.

Having this man, who every human being viscerally hates instinctively within 1 hour of meeting him, appointed for life and forever denied the presidency and the position of chief justice in one fell swoop - I just imagine all conservative justices swinging left after seeing their ideology put in front of them in a very ugly, nasty mirror.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

City of Tampa posted:

i'd be willing to bet money that Scalia was the smelliest justice

Give him a couple of weeks, and he certainly will be.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Soylent Yellow posted:

:vince:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Scalia played the game of constitutionalism according to its rules and revealed it in all of its unjust horror. God save the Queen

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What good is Scalia dead when Sam Alito still stalks the Earth?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Soylent Yellow posted:

:drat:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
liberal legal "theory": if it feels good do it, and drat the consequences

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Valentine's Day Massacre, 2016.

At least the Republicans still have Trump and Santorum.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please close thread

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Nonsense posted:

norm macdonald also dead this morning

that would require a national day of mourning even though he's canadian :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Scalia dying the day before Valentine's Day is God's love-letter to us all.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Scalia dead. Shkreli still at large

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

goku im piss posted:

I hope Ginsberg is next

better yet if it happens this year

Republicans: "Obama should OBVIOUSLY leave the appointments to the next [Republican] president..."

Gazpacho posted:

conservative legal "theory": if it smells bad (gay sex, marijuana) ban it, drat the consequences

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh right all those bans that nino personally enacted

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
as opposed to your Serious Political Supreme Court Commentary?

PS Love ur av

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
hello GBS i am here to tell you all that i am a better more moral person than you are and then act smug about it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pitdragon posted:

hello GBS i am here to tell you all that i am a better more moral person than you are and then act smug about it

Join the smuggo club, we can laugh at these animals all day long

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gazpacho posted:

ah yes, the terrible consequences of gay marriage:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh look another babby who doesn't understand what precedents are

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Gazpacho posted:

oh look another babby who doesn't understand what precedents are

loving v virginia

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'd rather have a scalia on the court than any of you idiots who think judges can rule recklessly and not have it blow back over time

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
So much arch-conservative whining in this thread.

:qq:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gazpacho posted:

i'd rather have a scalia on the court than any of you idiots who think judges can rule recklessly and not have it blow back over time

i'd rather have a judge with some concern for human dignity on the court than any of the bigots who moralize sexuality and equates it to murder

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

i'd rather have a judge with some concern for human dignity on the court than any of the bigots who moralize sexuality and equates it to murder

So rape is no longer an immoral act? I would hate to moralize sexuality. That would make me a bigot.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

BigBoss posted:

So rape is no longer an immoral act? I would hate to moralize sexuality. That would make me a bigot.

Let the court decide, thankfully Scalia can't give his opinion on this one.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Let the court decide, thankfully Scalia can't give his opinion on this one.

You just said you don't want courts to get involved. I think all that Liberal MSM junk has broken your brain. That's why we need men like Scalia. He knew the law and was consistent. He was never a wishy-washy flip-flopper.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BigBoss posted:

_____________/

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
weird how human being retard posters tend to be correct about things

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He died of a heart attack. Tired of being locked away for decades it finally took it's vengeance.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
nobody's proven that gay people getting together infringes upon inalienable rights like murder does

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oooooh i get it, subtle!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

wow rude posted:

it is good that this man is dead, imo

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Sen. Mitch McConnell, in 2005, defending the absolute right of a sitting president to nominate judges.

quote:

The Constitution of the United States is at stake. Article II, Section 2 clearly provides that the President, and the President alone, nominates judges. The Senate is empowered to give advice and consent. But my Democratic colleagues want to change the rules. They want to reinterpret the Constitution to require a supermajority for confirmation. In effect, they would take away the power to nominate from the President and grant it to a minority of 41 Senators.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude theyre all trash. hyprocritical, yellow-backed, useless trash. I hope this clown dies too. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. Not like you can do poo poo about it cept post

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the reptilian race lost a great hero

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i hope he likes sucking cocks in hell

oh who am I kidding? of course he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BigBoss posted:

The law is not a popularity contest. It was not put in place to reinforce your self-esteem. The only people who had a problem with Scalia were individuals who do not understand this. They felt that his refusal to bend the law to suit their fleeting and degenerate whims was somehow wrong. This is not true. Justice Scalia was a thoughtful person whose legal work was based on sound thinking. He based his decisions on constitutionality, nothing more. He did not allow anything to taint his legal decisions. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow when your entire life has been a participation trophy ceremony, but Antonin Scalia was a true patriot whose honorable service to the United States Supreme Court will not be forgotten. It really bothers me that people would dare celebrate his death. It is disgusting.

im glad hes dead and im even gladder it makes your retarded rear end mad

• Locked thread