Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You should never preorder a video game anyway. It's not 2005, Steam isn't going to run out of copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Pre-orders exist so that publisher like Ubisoft know whether or not to cut off development of the DLC early and focus on something else before the game even comes out. I'm looking at you, Anno 2205.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Revol posted:

ConcernedApe has also said that he doesn't want people preordering his game.

This is smart, considering what happened to Starbound.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Revol posted:

ConcernedApe has also said that he doesn't want people preordering his game.

Smart man.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cicadas! posted:

This game's mosty finished :v:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Shoehead posted:

This game's mosty finished :v:

Ah, the "Lets not be like Chucklefish" approach to video game design, this kid is going far in the video game world, i tell you what.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Come on guys, I'm right here and everything.

:negative:

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

My friends and I had fun with Starbound and Risk of Rain. :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Please don't drag the Starbound stuff into this thread, thank you friends.

The Animal Crossing thing in the thread title got my hopes up super bad and I'm still salty about getting bamboozled like that but I am looking forward to this game still, can't wait to buy it and then play it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

You should never preorder a video game anyway. It's not 2005, Steam isn't going to run out of copies.

i preorder games and theres nothing you can do to stop me

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Babe Magnet posted:

The Animal Crossing thing in the thread title got my hopes up super bad and I'm still salty about getting bamboozled like that but I am looking forward to this game still, can't wait to buy it and then play it.

You hand presents to sexy anime babes until they love you so it's sort of like doing dry cleaning for an elephant

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Babe Magnet posted:

Supernorn posted:

My bad, sometimes i forget not everythread requires shitposting.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Supernorn posted:

If it helps I enjoyed starbound and have got enough enjoyment out of it so far that I dont regret the purchase, but you should still crack the whip and get more done because I like it way more than terraria.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Cicadas! posted:

Erm, it's kinda the same? When we talk pre-order, we're talking about paying money for something before you receive anything. You know, like how you pre-order a AAA game and wait for it to unlock on release day.

But like Starbound, Stardew Valley will be released incomplete. Not quite the same, as SV is essentially finished as a single player game, but the promised multiplayer capability will be completed later.

CA doesn't want you to pay for Stardew Valley until he is able to give you something to play in return. At the same time, he didn't want to release an incomplete early access. I really like what he's going with now, though. He's got SP finished, and honestly, that was all I planned to use this game for.

Supernorn posted:

For what it's worth, I've put 192 hours into your game, and I'm playing it now while I wait for games to come out starting next week. While progress has been slower than I would like, they're getting everything right; Starbound has been improved from when I last played it last year, and the previews being posted on the website in the last few weeks look fantastic. I in no way regret my purchase, and would plan to support the developers again for their next game, if it is something that interests me.

I totally agree, don't need to drag SB into this thread, but it was brought up, and I wanted to vent, but I sure as hell don't want to do it in its own thread. Moving on now. So super pumped for Stardew Valley, as well as the future of Starbound!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Steam says the game is unlocking in 1 week and 5 days but I can't throw money at this yet :/
What gives?
The real question is why is it unlocking on Friday instead of three days earlier on Tuesday? drat Europeans.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Revol posted:

Erm, it's kinda the same? When we talk pre-order, we're talking about paying money for something before you receive anything. You know, like how you pre-order a AAA game and wait for it to unlock on release day.

But like Starbound, Stardew Valley will be released incomplete. Not quite the same, as SV is essentially finished as a single player game, but the promised multiplayer capability will be completed later.

CA doesn't want you to pay for Stardew Valley until he is able to give you something to play in return. At the same time, he didn't want to release an incomplete early access. I really like what he's going with now, though. He's got SP finished, and honestly, that was all I planned to use this game for.

For what it's worth, I've put 192 hours into your game, and I'm playing it now while I wait for games to come out starting next week. While progress has been slower than I would like, they're getting everything right; Starbound has been improved from when I last played it last year, and the previews being posted on the website in the last few weeks look fantastic. I in no way regret my purchase, and would plan to support the developers again for their next game, if it is something that interests me.

I totally agree, don't need to drag SB into this thread, but it was brought up, and I wanted to vent, but I sure as hell don't want to do it in its own thread. Moving on now. So super pumped for Stardew Valley, as well as the future of Starbound!

source your quotes

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Deakul posted:

source your quotes

Me, obviously

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Chantilly Say posted:

Also what is CA's favorite ice cream flavor

It's a hard choice between vanilla, chocolate and mint.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

grrarg posted:

The real question is why is it unlocking on Friday instead of three days earlier on Tuesday? drat Europeans.

I'm kinda thankful for this. I can get settled in to a nice long session without worrying about heading into work the next day. "One more day, just gotta get this crop rotation in first. Don't want to forget planting these beets when I get back in or I won't get them harvested before the end of the season. Oh wait, today is the festival. Well I can't save until the end of the day, better do the festival stuff. Oh yeah, that other thing happens tomorrow now. That'll only take a minute."

Gotta mixmax those crops.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Supernorn posted:

It's a hard choice between vanilla, chocolate and mint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3qN-BU1b2M&t=60s

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sam, the last of the saiyans

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Oh no, a SEWER.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Someone said in one of the streams that the sewer was a joke that you couldn't actually enter, but I dunno if that's true, it was just some guy in the chat who said it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There's another sewer entrance down by the water, it's a metal gate with a lock on it so it could be a thing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Can't expect him to spoil everything.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Countblanc posted:

Sam, the last of the saiyans

Most of the goddamn characters in Dragon Ball had vegetable names, so this is canon

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Wanna plant them turnips in four days. God drat I've been waiting a long time for this one.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Can I please throw money at Steam to buy this drat game already

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I remember checking this out years(?) ago. The trailer was pretty nice, it looks a lot less "babbys first RPG maker game" now and I'm really excited to play it :dance: I played so much Harvest Moon on the SNES and Game Boy as a kid, can't wait to do some farming again.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I realize it's 2016 and we've been overusing them for a decade now, but for real I hope there's a way to disable lighting effects. They look so out of place.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah it sets off my pixel purist alarms. Still looking forward to Friday, though I imagine it'll be a six gmt release and I'll only get a bit with it before working all weekend.

It's funny thinking about my actual work eating into my pretend farm job though :3:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

I realize it's 2016 and we've been overusing them for a decade now, but for real I hope there's a way to disable lighting effects. They look so out of place.

I think it looks great :shrug:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The #1 thing I'm worried about (apart from multiplayer) is how fast you can mash through textboxes. I may just be a big ADD baby but I find it physically impossible to go back and play games like HM/Animal Crossing because of how you have to mash through slow text. If I wanted book readin' I woulda bought a book

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The #1 thing I'm worried about (apart from multiplayer) is how fast you can mash through textboxes. I may just be a big ADD baby but I find it physically impossible to go back and play games like HM/Animal Crossing because of how you have to mash through slow text. If I wanted book readin' I woulda bought a book

So if you want farm work why don't you buy a farm? :v:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Very excited about this game!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This sort of feature has been around since the NES/SNES days and it is very convenient so I hope that it is part of the game too. I mostly use it because I can read the scrolling text faster than it scrolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Xavier434 posted:

This sort of feature has been around since the NES/SNES days and it is very convenient so I hope that it is part of the game too. I mostly use it because I can read the scrolling text faster than it scrolls.

Well the game is going to continue to be worked on so if it's not a feature you can totally just tweet at the dev or something and ask for it.

Hell, do it right now he's probably still working on poo poo leading up to release on Friday.