Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Coldforge posted:

SW also gets a force sensitive male companion, but I get your point.

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Coldforge posted:

SW also gets a force sensitive male companion, but I get your point.

Wait, what? I know about the smuggler one (that's funny :D) but I don't remember the warrior getting any force-using male companions at all. Is Broonmark supposed to be force-sensitive? The inquisitor gets Xalek and the knight gets Scourge, and besides the "powerful Jedi" in the smuggler story and the new snail-head guy I don't know of any other male force-using companions in the game. Maybe there's some little technicality I'm forgetting though.

Edit: Oh, and I guess whatever the gently caress Khem Val is, he has some force-related poo poo going on.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Wait, what? I know about the smuggler one (that's funny :D) but I don't remember the warrior getting any force-using male companions at all. Is Broonmark supposed to be force-sensitive? The inquisitor gets Xalek and the knight gets Scourge, and besides the "powerful Jedi" in the smuggler story and the new snail-head guy I don't know of any other male force-using companions in the game. Maybe there's some little technicality I'm forgetting though.

Edit: Oh, and I guess whatever the gently caress Khem Val is, he has some force-related poo poo going on.

SW doesn't get a force sensitive dude. Just Jaessa.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.

Medullah posted:

Hahaha apparently the new slicing credit cases aren't BoP.

First thing I did when I noticed. Then 2 hours later someone bought it. I hope they only got 4000 from it, since I rarely got more than 5k when I opened mine.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I presume that's a typo and he means SI. In the Inquisitor's case it's Xalek.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Sorry, no, I was thinking Jedi Knight :doh: (the final companion)

Also, we just passed 400k conquest points, so very close to top 10.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Apparently, I can't sell the HK customization on the GTN. Just gives a message that "You may not sell Dread Master HK-51 Customization".

Oh well, my dreams are shattered and I'm forever destined to be a pauper.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You'd think Lord Scourge would be one of the guys to join your team.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
How much do you guys think this lightsaber is worth? I got it out of a Grand Chance Cube, if it's a super rare weapon worth a ton I'd like to tell myself of the past I was wrong about these Chance Cubes and they are a great idea.

edit: Hmm, interesting, when I came here to post this I had just pulled it out of the cube, looked at it, then checked it on the GTN and got no matches. So I went and looked it up on TOR fashion to see if there were any comments about it being rare and posted this thread and by the time I got back to the game there are 2 up now for 20m and 19.75m.

JonathonSpectre fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 14, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
I see, it's like a meta commentary. A large space post about a large space game!

But yeah, uncommon saber with a special blade effect, try 30 million, then bring it down if it doesn't sell. 15mil if you're in a hurry.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
T

Dalris Othaine posted:

I see, it's like a meta commentary. A large space post about a large space game!

But yeah, uncommon saber with a special blade effect, try 30 million, then bring it down if it doesn't sell. 15mil if you're in a hurry.

That's the FIRST saber with a special effect, so it's even rarer. General price on it is 10-15 million.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dalris Othaine posted:

I think the excessively large avatars are the new red text, actually.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
took about 980 green jawa scrap -> rank 6 green gifts -> warbot to hit 42.

He's kinda cute. Looks like he's always winking or has something in his eye.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

Aleth posted:

I think the excessively large avatars are the new red text, actually.
I just wish he'd change it, it's so annoying!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pinkk posted:

took about 980 green jawa scrap -> rank 6 green gifts -> warbot to hit 42.

He's kinda cute. Looks like he's always winking or has something in his eye.

There's blue and purple gifts on the scrap vendors too. :).

I like the war bot but am a bit bummed he only has one trick, unlike the other droid and animal companions.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
I know but I was curious about the DRs on the poopy green gifts. A little bummed that I burned through years of scrap though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pinkk posted:

I know but I was curious about the DRs on the poopy green gifts. A little bummed that I burned through years of scrap though.

Yeah, I think 15-20 is the max affection to take a droid/beast companion to. That's plenty for 99% of the content you'd use a companion for. Not much point in going further since they can't craft.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

That's the FIRST saber with a special effect, so it's even rarer. General price on it is 10-15 million.

The Tythonian Force Master was a year earlier. The Volatile Conqueror was the first (and so far only) saber with that particular effect though.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I think 15-20 is the max affection to take a droid/beast companion to. That's plenty for 99% of the content you'd use a companion for. Not much point in going further since they can't craft.

I ran a bunch of heroics and it seemed like he wasn't doing a whole lot. I was out-damaging him as a tank :(

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

I just wish he'd change it, it's so annoying!

Glory be! I got an annoying title and now I have a forums stalker, I feel like I'm finally the forums superstar I was always meant to be.

I can't wait to sell that saber.

JS forumcucked Dr. Rape Bangos

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The Tythonian Force Master was a year earlier. The Volatile Conqueror was the first (and so far only) saber with that particular effect though.

Yeah I realized that after I posted but was too lazy to go back and edit it.

Tythonian saber goes for 12-15, Volatile hovers around 8-9.

Or 27 credits if you're there guy that bought mine a few months back.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Medullah posted:

Yeah I realized that after I posted but was too lazy to go back and edit it.

Tythonian saber goes for 12-15, Volatile hovers around 8-9.

Or 27 credits if you're there guy that bought mine a few months back.

Not sure if thats better or worse than the time someone forgot two zeros on a cathar honor sword, I was like 40k credits short and foolishly asked in guild if I could bum some change... they asked why, when I told them they bought the sword and relisted it at the right price and laughed at me for being too broke to buy it myself

:negative:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This latest chapter was pretty underwhelming. When's the next one coming?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Chickenwalker posted:

This latest chapter was pretty underwhelming. When's the next one coming?

March 8th, or the 10th if you're a plebe without early access.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

JonathonSpectre posted:

Glory be! I got an annoying title and now I have a forums stalker, I feel like I'm finally the forums superstar I was always meant to be.
Woah woah man I'm Dr. Gene Dango, you're thinking of Dr. Mango. Mango bought my avatar so people would confuse us. I'm here to talk about the enchanting, well realized world of Star Wars brought to us by the genius's at Bioware.

Back to the topic at hand; I got bigger crystals for my light saber and now it does even more damage.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

JonathonSpectre posted:

How much do you guys think this lightsaber is worth? I got it out of a Grand Chance Cube, if it's a super rare weapon worth a ton I'd like to tell myself of the past I was wrong about these Chance Cubes and they are a great idea.

edit: Hmm, interesting, when I came here to post this I had just pulled it out of the cube, looked at it, then checked it on the GTN and got no matches. So I went and looked it up on TOR fashion to see if there were any comments about it being rare and posted this thread and by the time I got back to the game there are 2 up now for 20m and 19.75m.

Yeah so I got the saberstaff version of that, people said oooh that's rare and valuable!!!!

I put it up for 20m, by the next time I checked apparently 10 other dumbshits had it listed going down several mil each listing until it was at 5mil.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Telex posted:

Yeah so I got the saberstaff version of that, people said oooh that's rare and valuable!!!!

I put it up for 20m, by the next time I checked apparently 10 other dumbshits had it listed going down several mil each listing until it was at 5mil.

Buy them all up and re-sell them at the correct price!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's going to be a lot of previously rare items up because of the Chance Cubes and the GSB packs earlier. It's a buyer's market for items you've been looking for, but a bad time to sell. If you don't need the money immediately your best bet is to hold onto it for a few months and keeping an eye on the supply.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

It's a buyer's market for items you've been looking for, but a bad time to sell.

As someone who flips about 10 million worth of stuff daily in my experience the Conqueror Sabers are a hard sell. They weren't very popular when they were released and still aren't. 20 million isn't an impulse buy and most people who play this game enough to throw those kind of credits around want the new hotness i.e. Arbiter. For someone with some bend just looking for a :pcgaming: saber there are much, much cheaper alternatives out there. That gives you a very narrow customer base...someone who wants that exact saber effect and wants it bad enough to spend 20 million for it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

As someone who flips about 10 million worth of stuff daily in my experience the Conqueror Sabers are a hard sell. They weren't very popular when they were released and still aren't. 20 million isn't an impulse buy and most people who play this game enough to throw those kind of credits around want the new hotness i.e. Arbiter. For someone with some bend just looking for a :pcgaming: saber there are much, much cheaper alternatives out there. That gives you a very narrow customer base...someone who wants that exact saber effect and wants it bad enough to spend 20 million for it.

Man I don't know how you have the patience to flip stuff. I have about 1-3 cargo bays worth of cartel stuff on each character and I don't even have the patience to list that stuff much less try and flip stuff for credits.

Of course I'm lazy and whenever I feel like making credits I would sell a stack of Thermal Regulators/Adaptive Circuitry/whatever the hell it is now rather than sell the augments themeselves.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man there is something deeply satisfying for a crafting hoarder like me to just right click and have mats go into my bay and not have to worry about rearranging since I went over 99. Color crystals alone were two entire bays pre 4.1.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Medullah posted:

Man there is something deeply satisfying for a crafting hoarder like me to just right click and have mats go into my bay and not have to worry about rearranging since I went over 99. Color crystals alone were two entire bays pre 4.1.

I hear you, the new stack amounts help..so much cargo and legacy storage clawed back..

EDIT: I am also deeply disappointed I cannot shove a lightsaber through Firebrands chest.

JazzPaws fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 15, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, with the Vibroswords I findally have a weapon I want to keep on a character all the time which means I'm gonna have to use mods and the like. How often do I need to swap out my mods to keep the weapon decent? I've always saved my crystals and just used quest rewards for gear while putting vanity poo poo in appearance slots.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Once

Verranicus posted:

So, with the Vibroswords I findally have a weapon I want to keep on a character all the time which means I'm gonna have to use mods and the like. How often do I need to swap out my mods to keep the weapon decent? I've always saved my crystals and just used quest rewards for gear while putting vanity poo poo in appearance slots.

Once every 10 levels is just fine for upgrading mods/enhancements. If you like staying at peak killing speed you could upgrade the hilt more often since that has a more dramatic effect on damage (relatively speaking) but even leveling in tank spec I didn't feel all that weak waiting 10 levels.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hakarne posted:

Once

Once every 10 levels is just fine for upgrading mods/enhancements. If you like staying at peak killing speed you could upgrade the hilt more often since that has a more dramatic effect on damage (relatively speaking) but even leveling in tank spec I didn't feel all that weak waiting 10 levels.

So I'd be fine just doing it whenever I finished a planet and came back to Fleet?

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Oedzi, what encryptions do you want this week? We made the top 10 for conquest.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Good job goons, in the top 10. A rush during the last hour, people doing PvP, heroics and last minute stuff. We placed 10th and briefly hit 9th.....better than 11th....cause 11th place is the first loser.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So as someone who came back to the game relatively recently, what does the conquest thing even do?

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Verranicus posted:

So I'd be fine just doing it whenever I finished a planet and came back to Fleet?

Yeah, I usually do it every 8 levels, so just do it when poo poo feels tedious or when you remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Verranicus posted:

I dunno my last guy I didn't upgrade until after every other planet and I used the green/blue gear you get from quest rewards and heroic rewards and i still dont think there was ever anything that came close to hurting me as an inquisitor.

Companions are a little more bad-rear end than they need to be, perhaps.

• Locked thread