Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Even Kanye's worst album is still good

That's what I mean, I love it and can listen to it whenever, bit rarely choose it over his others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

About 2 or 3 percent of people are mentally retarded so there are bound to be a bunch of people who think LR is anything near ye's worst

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's why I'll never argue against someone for College Dropout or MBDTF being his best album. Because while yeah to me at least MBDTF is better when I actually think about it, but goddamn if I don't go back to a specific place and time when I hear; We Don't Care, All Falls Down, Spaceship, Never Let me down, Jesus Walks...really those first 9 or 10 tracks that just puts a goddamn smile on my face.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tremendous Taste posted:

About 2 or 3 percent of people are mentally retarded so there are bound to be a bunch of people who think LR is anything near ye's worst
Well what would you say is his worst? LR is still good but it's not as good as College Dropout or Graduation or 808s or MBDTF or Yeezus.

And I have more of a compulsion to keep listening to TLOP so far than I did with LR when that came out.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Personally I like his first 3 albums the most and they haven't been topped by anything post-graduation in my mind, it's all personal/nostalgia related for me though. Whole catalog is insanely good though (even yeezus)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Xanderkish posted:

What even does someone have to do to be 53 million in debt.

Be Kevin Shields? I dunno.

For a brief bit, I liked Yeezus more than MBDTF, but I think that's changed around. I think my favorite is Graduation because it's me, I'm the pop slut, and Graduation is easily the poppiest. But he's really drat consistent.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

I think my favorite is Graduation

Same and I'm not much of a pop fan. I can't even articulate why I like it so much because objectively there's no reason why it should be my favorite but it just is

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Graduation is a straight up bad album and nowhere near the caliber of anything else Kanye has done. How about that new album, though? Anybody want to rank songs? The whole thing is a mess so it switches really fast between amazing and not very good, just a whole bunch of times. From best to worst:

1. Ultralight Beam
2. Real Friends
3. FML
4. Feedback
5. Fade
6. 30 Hours (minus the second half)
7. Freestyle 4 (minus the first half)
8. No More Parties In LA
9. Famous (minus the first half)
10. Waves
11. Highlights
12. Father Stretch My Hands Part 2
13. Part 1
14. Wolves
15. Facts

Plus those filler things.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Profondo Rosso posted:

808's is Kanye's best album and TLOP owns

You realize I don't disagree right? I was responding to the guy who said this was his worst album since 808s.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm listening to this album for the 4th time in 12 hours and I'm noticing new things to love about every song with each listen.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well what would you say is his worst? LR is still good but it's not as good as College Dropout or Graduation or 808s or MBDTF or Yeezus.

And I have more of a compulsion to keep listening to TLOP so far than I did with LR when that came out.

lr is actually much better than graduation and roughly on par with CD

Yeezus barely rates

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeezus barely rates
What album did you listen to?

WAKE UP, NIGGA, WAKE UP

e: I appreciate Low Lights more now than I did on first listen but I still wish it was like half as long

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 14, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeezus is garbo and Ye knows it

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Yeezus is an actual masterpiece, like those ones Rembrandt did.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Yeezus is one of the most compelling and narratively focused albums I've ever heard. It's a tongue and cheek retelling of real anger/id like The Clash or The Sex Pistols. The way Kanye gets all of these sparse and chilling sounds to coalesce into something beautiful is amazing. It's his best.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So wait, someone refresh my memory: is that Sia humming on Real Friends/Wolves? Or is that synthesized? I honestly can't even tell anymore.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Yeezus is Kanye's Kid A.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How can Yeezus be bad when almost half the tracks (On Sight, I'm in It, Blood on the Leaves, Send It Up) are 10/10 and most of the rest are pretty awesome too??

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I'm a chance hater but even I love his verse

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

"Black Chyna fuckin Rob, help him with the weight"

lmaoo

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

That loving outro on Hold My Liquor is unbelievably gorgeous.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

Yeezus is one of the most compelling and narratively focused albums I've ever heard. It's a tongue and cheek retelling of real anger/id like The Clash or The Sex Pistols. The way Kanye gets all of these sparse and chilling sounds to coalesce into something beautiful is amazing. It's his best.

Yeah imagine if it was good music on top of that drat

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Escobarbarian posted:

How can Yeezus be bad when almost half the tracks (On Sight, I'm in It, Blood on the Leaves, Send It Up) are 10/10 and most of the rest are pretty awesome too??

I don't love Hold My Liquor (minus that one part I forgot about ^^^) and Bound 2, but the rest are close to 10/10 for me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Also fade is my favorite track

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Also fade is my favorite track
Fade is seriously an all-time favorite Kanye track for me, along with Ultra Light Beam, Real Friends and 30 Hours.

e: I wish this had more Yeezy vocal moments like "Every time I talk they say I'm too aggressive / I was out here spazzin', all y'all get the message?" on Facts. That poo poo's real good.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 14, 2016

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698971890581401600

THE RIDE NEVER STOPS

tut
Nov 4, 2004

@kanyewest posted:

Ima fix wolves

He's listening.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
TLOP 1.0 was great but 1.1 was even better

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698971890581401600?s=09

Kanye outchea doing patches and DLC for albums

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/698947609965121536

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Album patch incoming

What if he fixes it while the album's still a Tidal exclusive and releases TLOP 1.1 for iTunes/all the other services and gives everyone who bought the 1.0 digital version a free download of 1.1?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Kanye should just sell the album as an app and make changes to it on the fly.

actually that's a really cool idea

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698972107166892032

...so it's still available through Tidal but he took down the option to purchase the album?

:wtc: @ this whole situation

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698972107166892032

...so it's still available through Tidal but he took down the option to purchase the album?

:wtc: @ this whole situation

It's actually the right thing to do if he's still changing it technically. But yeaaaah its obviously a plot to push Tidal subs

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Whoever said digital releases was the worst thing to happen to Kanye was right. He's gonna keep tweaking this thing until he's forced to release this.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I hope he does nothing but add Sia and Vic, and get rid of that weird vocal duel thing

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kanye adding microtransactions

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Whoever said digital releases was the worst thing to happen to Kanye was right. He's gonna keep tweaking this thing until he's forced to release this.

It was me and yeah, he is waaaay too much of a perfectionist when it comes to production to ever be happy.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

President Kanye: the deal with Iran is off because they didn't understand why I cut Sia out. It's obvious why and I will not work with anyone so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I was thinking maybe he felt putting Vic and Sia would overshadow the return of Frank but now that it's happened well get the actual version, plus member Vic's managers tweet

• Locked thread