Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
If you don't like Fourze, you are against fun and friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ask Me For Warez posted:

If you like Wizard, you are against fun and friendship.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Fourze's final form also has one of the best form songs/inserts songs in the franchise. Excluding OOO of course because all of OOO's music is THE PINNACLE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For anyone who's forgotten how good Cosmic Mind is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmi9zVgZiw

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The other problem with Meteor is that he has a Bruce Lee theme to his movements that his suit actor cannot in any way replicate, making him look like a doofus right up until he becomes super sonic, which makes him look like a different kind of doofus, but now his choreography issues are blunted by the stupid weapon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Meteor has the best belt voice though, so he has that going for him.

Plus, you know, he punches people with the planets.

Meteor rules.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

Meteor rules.

METEOR, READY? *ridiculous disco music plays*

I wasn't really into Ryusei's poorly paced arc or the non-reason for keeping up his secret agent act, but man, his suit design, weapon system, belt voice, everything. His shenanigans after he finally revealed himself to the KRC crew were hilarious too.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 13, 2016

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Fourze was cool and good, and so was Drive. If you hate these series, you're clearly a shocker plant who hates fun and niceness and wants to steal the smiles of everyone.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

METEOR, READY? *ridiculous disco music plays*

I wasn't really into Ryusei's poorly paced arc or the non-reason for keeping up his secret agent act, but man, his suit design, weapon system, belt voice, everything. His shenanigans after he finally revealed himself to the KRC crew were hilarious too.

Excuse me, but according to the Kamen Rider Wiki, his disco music is not ridiculous.

Get it right. :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

What else is red and white and on Crunchyroll?

Ultraman Gaia!

Why in the world are people complaining about a lovely Sentai series when TWO fabulous Ultra series just because legally available!

Come on guys!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
because ultraman sucks

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Literally The Worst posted:

because ultraman sucks

Oh poo poo, this is going to get bad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

because ultraman sucks

Yet we keep talking about Sentai!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zyuohger just aired. It was pretty fun, all the actors seem to fit well, though I was getting a bunch of stuttering in the last half of the episode so I'll likely watch it again when subs come out. During the OP sequence, the spots where you'd normally see the actors faces instead had the animal masks, which was hilarious. All in all it seems like it'll be just a good, fun show.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Zyuuouger seems like it should be fun, I'm glad the ZyuuouKing suit looks pretty good, the toy had me worried.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kind of like ToQger, it the suit looks way better and has a lot more range of motion than what was in the toy shots. if anything, it's weird that they don't use all five of the cube animals right from the start.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there any easy way for me, an American, to preorder the ToQger ranger key set? I desperately want ToQ 1 for my Red collection and am willing to deal with parting out the rest to goons or eBay and just buy a whole box.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jivjov posted:

Is there any easy way for me, an American, to preorder the ToQger ranger key set? I desperately want ToQ 1 for my Red collection and am willing to deal with parting out the rest to goons or eBay and just buy a whole box.

Does it come with a ToQ Rainbow?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

Does it come with a ToQ Rainbow?

I think so?

I honestly just want 1 and maaaaaybe 6 & 7. I loved that season, but I have a little spice rack with all my reds on it, and I want to keep that filled. I don't need all 65536 variations of colors and numbers haha.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Dexie posted:

Meteor rules.

I'm still salty that Meteor didn't get more planets in Meteor Storm. That or give him some kicking rad moon nunchucks instead of a Beyblade.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I am so stoked to have Gaia up.

Leo I love a lot, but it has some rear end ugly monsters and the plot goes off the rails so hard at different points.

80 is this weird safe non threatening entity that wants to be a generic every Ultra series, with an Ultra who looks ugly and monsters that are hit or miss.

Mebius I have seen multiple times, Nexus I have also seen more than once though it's fantastic to have both in legal formats.

Max has some of the best stand alone episodes, but as a whole is lacking due to what it is.

Gaia though, Gaia is fantastic for me because it's a series I haven't seen more than two episodes of, that has amazing and fantastic monster suits through out the entire thing, that has a very unique and cool plotline not often explored, and just looks really goddamn slick. If it wasn't for the 90s rear end CGI.

If you want just a Good Ultraman Series to give a shot, Ultraman Gaia is a good one to go with. It reminds me a little bit of Heisei Kamen Rider, especially post Decade, though without the wacky side characters. Main character is a dork who randomly gets super powers and has to fight threats to the world and then some other rear end in a top hat with similar powers show up and they have a rivalry.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I tried watching mebius, but I couldn't get over what an enormous dick move it was to fly around in a 2 person plane when he had other, more important things to do. They only had two of those planes and one of them was always out of action when it mattered most because the hero was unfailingly deceitful. Like sure, he has to keep the whole alien god thing secret. But then why put himself in a situation where he has to lie to good people day in, day out? As that was my first attempt at watching any ultraman, it kinda soured me on the whole franchise.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Elfgames posted:

name anything exceptional about fourze outside of gentaro

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That scene would have been better if he had stolen the bike and ridden off on it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I literally don't remember this scene happening. Which Zodiarts is that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

What's-her-name? The one who didn't want to be a Zodiart?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I watched Fourze before W, so Meteor didn't come soured by being a plot repeat. I ended up liking a lot of things about Meteor better than Accel, though. Accel didn't have episodes that were nearly as great as ones with Cancer and Aries.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

I tried watching mebius, but I couldn't get over what an enormous dick move it was to fly around in a 2 person plane when he had other, more important things to do. They only had two of those planes and one of them was always out of action when it mattered most because the hero was unfailingly deceitful. Like sure, he has to keep the whole alien god thing secret. But then why put himself in a situation where he has to lie to good people day in, day out? As that was my first attempt at watching any ultraman, it kinda soured me on the whole franchise.

Ultraman follows Super Hero logic of needing a secret identity, but for a very specific reason. At least the better series have a very good reason.

Mebius actually addresses this, and Mirai himself isn't usually a pilot of one of the super jets. It's unfortunate you didn't go further into Mebius, because they make a lot of the issues pretty clear, but I'll spell them out here.

Ultraman's job is not to just save humanity from monsters 24/7. Or rather, that's not what he wants to do. The original Ultra series was all about Ultraman wanting humanity to fight their own battles, only getting involved when there was no other options and they could not do it alone. Basically, imagine if Superman didn't combat crime or natural disasters, but instead only showed up when Darkseid and Brainiac appeared, because he doesn't want humanity to rely on him.

He wants humanity to be equals to him, to stand their own ground, and lends a helping hand in battles they cannot fight.

The original Ultraman series sees this through to its logical end point. The final episode features a super powerful monster, Zetton, that nearly kills Ultraman- and it is the humans that save him. He is then free to leave the Earth, while planning to return one day, confident in the fact that humanity can stand on their own.

UltraSeven, explored that further, showing Seven to be acknowledged as an equal member of the defense team the Ultra Garrison. His name reflects this. Unlike Ultraman, who was alien and gave himself that name, UltraSeven's name is far more personal to the humans.

The defense team, as noted, is the Ultra Garrison, and its members are numbered. The Captain is Ultra One, second in command is Ultra Two, and so on and so forth. Dan, Seven's human alter ego, joins as Ultra Six, and so UltraSeven is literally the Honorary Ultra Seven of the Ultra Garrison.

This is shown time and time again when the Ultra Garrison fight along side UltraSeven, and they end up saving him just as much as he saves them. It strikes an incredible balance that no other series really has that was really natural to the story.

Mebius takes on the issue in a fresh way, and explores it pretty thoroughly as the series goes on.

You might like Nexus or Gaia a bit better though. Nexus is far more brutal and adult aimed than Mebius, and raises the logical question of what would happen if a shady government organization learned you were the host of an alien power.

Gaia is just some dork who happens to get super powers and decides to keep them secret, for whatever reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Some Numbers posted:

Aquarius, who was the American transfer girl, who competed against the gang to get into Space. She was on No Laughing one year as a bus act too and couldn't stop laughing through her lines.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Aquarius, who was the American transfer girl, who competed against the gang to get into Space. She was on No Laughing one year as a bus act too and couldn't stop laughing through her lines.

Oh right, that arc was super super bad. No wonder I can't remember it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Some Numbers posted:

Oh right, that arc was super super bad. No wonder I can't remember it.

As an Aquarius, that made me super sad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

As an Aquarius, that made me super sad.

I'm a Sagittarius. :smug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a Virgo. :smith:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

I'm a Sagittarius. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36PQxXydg8

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My sister is not boring. :mad:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm a Pisces. :smuggo:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dexie posted:

I'm a Pisces. :smuggo:

I can't even remember the Pisces Zodiart. I just have a vague recollection of being disappointed?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

i'm in love with the dude on the phone who uncaringly walks over two human bodies before getting owned

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a Capricorn. :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Potsticker posted:

I can't even remember the Pisces Zodiart. I just have a vague recollection of being disappointed?

It was that one girl who was in the swim club, she did basically nothing as Pisces.

• Locked thread