Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Just thought I'd give this game a try, attempting to play on the EU servers and I'm getting account authentication errors. A quick glance at reddit and the game's forums and it seems like there's a server issue with everyone bitching about this being common on the EU servers.

Is it a bad idea to play on EU and should I just roll a character on NA instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Just thought I'd give this game a try, attempting to play on the EU servers and I'm getting account authentication errors. A quick glance at reddit and the game's forums and it seems like there's a server issue with everyone bitching about this being common on the EU servers.

Is it a bad idea to play on EU and should I just roll a character on NA instead?

NA servers aren't having those issues but they are going through some pretty hard lag from time to time. I need to check whether or not my tunnel is having issues or if the server is crapping out, a few seconds later faction chat erupts saying that the server is going to poo poo

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

On the flip side, yesterday my entire team (summoner included) was getting rocked by a BM. If he wasn't countering my attacks and knocking me into the air he was dashing behind me and then knocking me into the air. Really good at chasing me after I F out of a knockdown too. The only reason our team won was that Fury came off cooldown when we were both last men standing and at like 10% health each.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

What's the best way to deal with BD's parry Vortex spam in PvP? Outranging it doesn't work since BD seems to have a billion abilities that stun at range, and you can't CC the BD when he does it because of the CC resist thing or even DPS race because of the parry component.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

cathead posted:

Like I always say, just pretend you're Goku training with weighted clothes. When the weights come off at 50 you will be all the better because you'll already have the core knowledge to work off of and use your new tools in the most effective way.

Do FMs ever get to take their clothes off or is this advice mostly for all the demoralized BMs?

And do we know any up to date stats on Warlock representation in the regions that have them? I know they were regarded as kind of busted on release but don't know anything about their overall performance post-whatever patch toned them down.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Irony.or.Death posted:

Do FMs ever get to take their clothes off or is this advice mostly for all the demoralized BMs?

And do we know any up to date stats on Warlock representation in the regions that have them? I know they were regarded as kind of busted on release but don't know anything about their overall performance post-whatever patch toned them down.

Yes, but I mean, you're still going to have to get good at the class. Some classes just have a higher potential ceiling but require more work to get there. FMs and BMs fall under this, KFMs as well.

Also warlocks were pretty nasty in Korea for awhile, but this latest patch specifically (the December one in Korea) had some pretty heavy pvp nerfs for them and they seem to have fallen off a bit. That being said, I'm sure there will be a surge of them getting to higher ranks on our release just on account of people not knowing how to play against them.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

chumbler posted:

0.1% drop items are poo poo, actually. Especially when they are something that has zero possible impact on the game's economy. The fact that MMO players are broken people doesn't mean that's actually a good system.

There is no accomplishment in luck.
Droprates for items should never go lower than 1% imo. That's already rare enough if your luck is bad (and mine often is).

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Amante posted:

Droprates for items should never go lower than 1% imo. That's already rare enough if your luck is bad (and mine often is).
kMMO's think this is quaint and for babies. You gotta grind THOUSANDS of things!

Other than that yeah, sub-1% drop rates are outdated RNG gates.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I did it! I got the pirate princess outfit after so many runs of that place.

Next goal is Junhado's hat. I already got the bodyguard armour from him so just the hat left.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looking good in this game is the real endgame, I got Poh's eyepatch and made an ensemble based around it for my assassin:

Sin weapons are so hard to find that match, few places show the sheaths

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Hy_C posted:

Junghado is a fun fight. Beat him with just infernal jewelry and true profane weapon as a kfm. Could have made it easier if I used the misty woods necklace. I don't know how all these other KFMs are struggling unless they have a weapon weaker than that.

What's your DPS rotation as KFM on Junghado? I've just been mashing 2R and Searing Blow/Hellfire Kick as they proc. I specced Searing Blow to reduce cd on Searing Palm so I can try to keep up the 4 stacks as often as possible. I don't have the Misty Woods necklace either (nor do I have the practice to do the PVP style Searing Palm kill combo anyways). I'm using awoken profane weapon with a +25ap diamond and infernal jewelry, but I can only get him down to 30% before time's up.

Of course, getting him down to 30% only means I'm like halfway there really because he wastes so much time doing pentastrikes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

What's your DPS rotation as KFM on Junghado? I've just been mashing 2R and Searing Blow/Hellfire Kick as they proc. I specced Searing Blow to reduce cd on Searing Palm so I can try to keep up the 4 stacks as often as possible. I don't have the Misty Woods necklace either (nor do I have the practice to do the PVP style Searing Palm kill combo anyways). I'm using awoken profane weapon with a +25ap diamond and infernal jewelry, but I can only get him down to 30% before time's up.

Of course, getting him down to 30% only means I'm like halfway there really because he wastes so much time doing pentastrikes.

I kfm him with that searing blow build, the key things to remember is to use his counter to stun via RMB and you can then do a shin kick to get another searing stack, while also just when you reach searing 4 keep him cclocked and wail.

Your dash back into LMB knockdown is also really good, as is using dodges offensively especially during his spam slash phases ( the long thin rectangle of yellow)

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Is assassin PVE really just based in perma-stealthing and pressing RMB->F over and over again? I love the class thematically but if doing, say, Mushins tower involves wailing on the boss while he stands there I'm not sure I can be bothered to level one.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

occluded posted:

Is assassin PVE really just based in perma-stealthing and pressing RMB->F over and over again? I love the class thematically but if doing, say, Mushins tower involves wailing on the boss while he stands there I'm not sure I can be bothered to level one.

Pretty much, you tend to destroy bosses pretty quickly if it helps any

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
It is going to change significantly. Firstly, all bosses at level 50 and some currently have True Sight which lets them see through stealth. Secondly, a shadow build instead of lightning build is much more common at 50. Some key parts of that build are missing currently, but a non-stealth build lets you be much more consistent in dungeon groups.

But yeah I don't find assassin PvE currently to be particularly engaging.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anarkii posted:

It is going to change significantly. Firstly, all bosses at level 50 and some currently have True Sight which lets them see through stealth. Secondly, a shadow build instead of lightning build is much more common at 50. Some key parts of that build are missing currently, but a non-stealth build lets you be much more consistent in dungeon groups.

But yeah I don't find assassin PvE currently to be particularly engaging.

Shadow build is the stack 5 poison then RBF spam right?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stormgale posted:

Shadow build is the stack 5 poison then RBF spam right?

LB RB F

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

My accessories are at infernal and my weapon is at awakened siren. Upgrading accessories will give a bigger upgrade than upgrading my weapon to true siren. But if I upgrade my accessories it will delay upgrading my weapon to awakened pirate. Is the pirate upgrade better than just upgrading accessories? I've been trying to find out what people think but its pretty split on what is suggested to upgrade first. Perhaps someone with more experience can help.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So what happened with Shanghai Goon? I just logged in today for the first time in a bit and the guild seems empty.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ModeSix posted:

So what happened with Shanghai Goon? I just logged in today for the first time in a bit and the guild seems empty.

Most people left the red clan to join the blue one

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Most people left the red clan to join the blue one

SCUM

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Stormgale posted:

Looking good in this game is the real endgame, I got Poh's eyepatch and made an ensemble based around it for my assassin:

Sin weapons are so hard to find that match, few places show the sheaths

shes got a wide rear end dude

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nurel posted:

Its really difficult to make a woman character in this game that doesn't have a wide rear end. Its where all their chi is at.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Velveteen posted:

My accessories are at infernal and my weapon is at awakened siren. Upgrading accessories will give a bigger upgrade than upgrading my weapon to true siren. But if I upgrade my accessories it will delay upgrading my weapon to awakened pirate. Is the pirate upgrade better than just upgrading accessories? I've been trying to find out what people think but its pretty split on what is suggested to upgrade first. Perhaps someone with more experience can help.

A lot of people in this game have unreasonable obsession with weapons over accessories/soul shields. If you want the math, in your case upgrading from Awakened Siren 10 weapon to True Siren 10 will be 7AP and nothing else. In contrast upgrading from Infernal 10 to Awakened Siren 10 ring will be 2AP, 152 Crit Dmg and 236 Crit. Just with straight damage alone, the ring provides more than twice as much damage increase as the weapon. If you add in extra benefits from crit such as focus or procs, it's even higher.

The formula involved are:
Base Dmg = AP*skill modifier+Additional Dmg
Average Dmg = Base Dmg * (1+ Crit Chance*(Crit Dmg -1))

Both crit chance & dmg need to be in percentages, not points for that.

Note: the jumps are particularly big for Awakened Infernal to Awakened Siren accessories because it seems like we somehow skipped "True Infernal" there. The evolutions after that are more in line.

Anarkii fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 15, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It's probably becasue in a lot of other games weapon provide a weapon damage modifier, like in FFXIV which makes them humongous powerful for increasing DPS and that sought of thought propagates to B&S

Orv
May 4, 2011
Why would respawning at the location I died require a load screen, much less spawn my character in to be killed before I finish loading. What the hell KoreaChinaany game at all.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 15, 2016

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nurel posted:

Nothing wrong with a big rear end, brah.

Orv posted:

Why would respawning at the location I died require a load screen, much less spawn my character in to be killed before I finish loading. What the hell KoreaChinaany game at all.

If you're getting killed in pvp, respawn with 3 instead of 4, so you respawn without your faction clothes on and so you can't immediately die again.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I ended up having to because three people who weren't dressed before ended up dressing up to camp me. I'm fine with impromptu PvP but there should not be a loading screen to move three feet. Or no feet, in case of the second time. Oh well, I guess 3 and then redress.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its really difficult to make a woman character in this game that doesn't have a wide rear end. Its where all their chi is at.

It's really difficult to make anything resembling a person with the butt slider any higher than minimum. Breast slider is in a similar position but arguably less noticeable and less over the top. Pun intended though. Boobs.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Anarkii posted:

A lot of people in this game have unreasonable obsession with weapons over accessories/soul shields. If you want the math, in your case upgrading from Awakened Siren 10 weapon to True Siren 10 will be 7AP and nothing else. In contrast upgrading from Infernal 10 to Awakened Siren 10 ring will be 2AP, 152 Crit Dmg and 236 Crit. Just with straight damage alone, the ring provides more than twice as much damage increase as the weapon. If you add in extra benefits from crit such as focus or procs, it's even higher.

The formula involved are:
Base Dmg = AP*skill modifier+Additional Dmg
Average Dmg = Base Dmg * (1+ Crit Chance*(Crit Dmg -1))

Both crit chance & dmg need to be in percentages, not points for that.

Note: the jumps are particularly big for Awakened Infernal to Awakened Siren accessories because it seems like we somehow skipped "True Infernal" there. The evolutions after that are more in line.

Ok thanks! Off to upgrade my accessories first.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Sure do love being repeatedly outbid for accessory upgrades. :smith: I don't suppose the Infernal accessories are available for auction, are they?

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Skylight posted:

Sure do love being repeatedly outbid for accessory upgrades. :smith: I don't suppose the Infernal accessories are available for auction, are they?

As a rule, purple items can't be Marketplaced, unfortunately.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

Here's the build that I use for him: https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4501002000311121111031030330094420511005111113410632108440554260931053430601120031

At the start I just keep him perma CC'ed while I do searing palm variation of 3rf. Just keep him CC'ed and keep 3rx or 3rf comboing when you can. I also liberally Q,E to get more triple kicks or block to get in another daze in to keep on comboing. Don't forget to use Tab. The fight's not to hard just remember to keep on fitting in 3r and use hellfire kicks to trigger searing palm. Also avoid doing air combos unless you really need the breathing room if you messed up dodging.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Endings posted:

As a rule, purple items can't be Marketplaced, unfortunately.

Welp. Thanks for letting me know.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skylight posted:

Doesn't the game give you like 2 of them just from finishing the instance? I know I had all three of them from just one run.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, the personal reward chest at the end has a weapon chest and accessories in it.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Doesn't the game give you like 2 of them just from finishing the instance? I know I had all three of them from just one run.

Yes, and now I need to get the other ones. :argh: The RNG is a harsh mistress!

e: And the second I start bitching about it, the stuff drops. Whatever!

Krilion posted:

Just run it again, the accessories are 100% drops.

Yep. It just took a little while due to bad luck, I guess.

Skylight fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 16, 2016

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Just run it again, the accessories are 100% drops.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This game has so much worse RNG and farming in store for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

GlitchThief posted:

This game has so much worse RNG and farming in store for you.

I would rather be playing Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard.

No, wait, I'm good. That said, it turns out a cross-server party search went much more quickly than just the party finder for me. Who knew? :downs: I guess running dungeons won't be as bad now that I know this...

• Locked thread