Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I kinda hope he fucks with the tracklist again before re-releasing it and removes Silver Surfer Intermission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I kinda hope he fucks with the tracklist again before re-releasing it and removes Silver Surfer Intermission.

Nah the Silver Surfer intermission is the gently caress you to Wiz. Gotta stay

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm an impossible moron and I almost tore my room apart looking for someone's phone at the end of 30 Hours

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I could (and will) listen to Ultralight Beam for hours straight. Haven't even listened to the whole album yet, but so far I'm loving it. Is he seriously going to release a store copy of this album with that cover though lol?!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Can someone explain this to me? He is subtweeting an astrology handle and a fake Katy Perry account..?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, that's Chris Brown on Waves? I keep checking credits/sample credits and getting surprised.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bigass Moth posted:

Can someone explain this to me? He is subtweeting an astrology handle and a fake Katy Perry account..?

What? He's gonna fix wolves

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i assume he's going to change the album version to the one with Sia since everyone likes it more

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreyPowerVan posted:

i assume he's going to change the album version to the one with Sia since everyone likes it more
lol if you think he actually has the restraint to stop there

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wolves v3.1.2 Final ft Vic Mensa, Sia, Frank Ocean, Jay Z, Thugger, Drake, Meek Mill, Kendrick, and Pusha T

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lol if you think he actually has the restraint to stop there

i already downloaded that version, so i don't care if he makes it super weird. i actually like how much he changes poo poo most of the time

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
drat dmx can't get a verse? Smh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

Wolves v3.1.2 Final ft Vic Mensa, Sia, Frank Ocean, Jay Z, Thugger, Drake, Meek Mill, Kendrick, and Pusha T
oh dear god NO :negative:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This album won't be complete without Gucci Mane on it

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
It's not that much of a surprise, even at the start of his career he had trouble finishing things.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's amazing how good this thread can get when morons aren't still talking about Taylor Swift.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
:ironicat:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

West’s tendency to overshare, in songs and online, often in spectacularly tone-deaf ways, makes him seem more human and, sometimes, troublingly misogynistic. On “Pablo,” this latter trait is especially evident on the track “Famous,” in which West speculates about a sexual encounter with Taylor Swift and takes credit for her renown. It’s a throwaway boast on an otherwise good song. And yet, as West began taking heat for besmirching Swift, he doubled down, invoking, on Twitter, the familiar defense of the misunderstood artist who should be free to do as he chooses.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Kanye rules

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

West, Jim West, desperado;

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Mutant Standard posted:

Kanye should just sell the album as an app and make changes to it on the fly.

actually that's a really cool idea

Gaga was actually going to do something like that (with all the stems accessible through the app) but it died when she fired her manager, who owned the rights to the software.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Dexo posted:

I'm glad that this is the direction they're taking -- when do you think we can expect the patch?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Fair. Let me recompense.

This kinda reminds me of King of Limbs (I know, kill me for a Radiohead comp), in that it feels like a revisitation of a previous album (for Radiohead, Amnesiac, for Kanye, 808s) but from a better emotional place. There's a quiet to it that I was expecting, but I didn't expect to like as well as I thought I would. Maybe because of the overall themes of conflict between getting laid all the time or dragon-slaying for your own family, I dunno, but what I thought would just be a phase which wouldn't engage me now about ties 808s. Not as poppy as what excites me about Kanye, but it's really easy-listening, which I guess was the idea since so many of those songs are under or at three minutes. Will have to get for real when I have a chance.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 15, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Except TLOP blows away TKOL as do a ton of other albums and I say that as a big Radiohead fan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Except TLOP blows away TKOL as do a ton of other albums and I say that as a big Radiohead fan.

Yeah, it's less of a quality comparison so much as a thematic comparison or... narrative comparison? Because TKOL is totally about slaying bitches and telling the paparazzi to gently caress off.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

So now there's supposed to be a different version of 30 Hours, how different is it?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Lord Krangdar posted:

So now there's supposed to be a different version of 30 Hours, how different is it?

The album version? Andre 3000 has a cameo and Kanye added a third verse that is pretty much a based freestyle. He literally stops freestyling to take a random phone call and kept it in the song, lol

Race Warp
Mar 10, 2005

I swoon over Alex Smith's dreamy eyebrows
Can we get a Famous 1.1 where he cuts all of Swizz Beatz out?

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

The album version? Andre 3000 has a cameo and Kanye added a third verse that is pretty much a based freestyle. He literally stops freestyling to take a random phone call and kept it in the song, lol

Oh ok, I thought they meant there was another new version added to replace that one.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

yardblog posted:

Can we get a Famous 1.1 where he cuts all of Swizz Beatz out?

Dude loving ruins everything he's on.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
man that chance verse. "Cause I bet that my ex looking back like a pillar of salt" mmm

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I am dumb. Is the "fixed" version of wolves out yet or no?

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions
This album is awesome. As good as College Dropout or MBDTF? Who knows, we need to wait at least a few months to really judge. But holy poo poo, Kanye is good at creating music.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

abraham linksys posted:

man that chance verse. "Cause I bet that my ex looking back like a pillar of salt" mmm
Nah, he just announced it a few hours ago.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Fair. Let me recompense.

This kinda reminds me of King of Limbs (I know, kill me for a Radiohead comp), in that it feels like a revisitation of a previous album (for Radiohead, Amnesiac, for Kanye, 808s) but from a better emotional place. There's a quiet to it that I was expecting, but I didn't expect to like as well as I thought I would. Maybe because of the overall themes of conflict between getting laid all the time or dragon-slaying for your own family, I dunno, but what I thought would just be a phase which wouldn't engage me now about ties 808s. Not as poppy as what excites me about Kanye, but it's really easy-listening, which I guess was the idea since so many of those songs are under or at three minutes. Will have to get for real when I have a chance.

This is exactly how I feel about this. Aside from the obvious fame and riches, he and I are the same age and seemed to have matured about the same rate. From thinking you know everything and the bravado it entails to getting married and Having a daughter. I just wasn't ready for this less-poppy of an album. Now after a few re-listens (and being stoned) it's really reflective. Not sure how it ranks yet. And this is coming from someone who would put yeezus and 808s near or at the top of the list.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Or maybe this album broke my brain.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im glad this album let me discover chance because i just bought his first album/third mixtape and it's pretty good

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

otoh I really don't like chance and his verses are corny

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

pillar of salt spotted :v:

EDIT: i literally haven't finished listening to TLOP because I keep coming back to ultralight beam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

If its any consolation your opinions are only slightly less wrong than those people who think Cosby is Innocent

• Locked thread