Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

edit: At one point in this game I QSS'd Malphite ult, which previously would have been straight up impossible for me.

you can't QSS knockups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How Rude posted:

Xin is broken and going to be permabanned probably so good luck actually playing him.

Max W Q E, build Devourer and try to win objectives as soon as you finish it. Dragon gives you 5 stacks, as does rift herald, and the crabs give 2 compared to kill/assist of 1 and regular camps of 1. If you play Xin's early pressure correctly you should hopefully be able to secure dragon or riftherald at least once.

Generally you want to early gank as soon as you hit level 3. When ganking it is better to try to walk up to the enemy first with Q activated and try to pop your knock up before having to use E. Xin Zhao excels in pincers just for this reason. Blowing your E immediately is a sure fire way to let the enemy flash or knock you away.

Xin is a confusing champion to build because so many items tend to work on him. Generally Rageblade, BORK (not my favorite), Hexdrinker, and Ghostblade I'd say are pretty good offensive items. Deadmans and Visage like you said are pretty good. Frozen Heart is pretty great against heavy AD teams since it gives you a ton of mana and CDR on top of all the armor (get Icebourne if someone else on your team already got FH).

If you lane him cheese the enemy laner at level 2 as hard as you can. Xin Zhao has probably one of the strongest level 2 and 3 power spikes in the game.

Thanks. For lane cheese, just do the normal thing at L1 and shove the second wave asap to get to L2 & all-in? What do you do against ranged champs (e.g. Graves top)?

EDIT: Or loving Teemo.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

exethan posted:

you can't QSS knockups

Yeah you can, it just doesn't do anything unless you have another movement ability. Ex: you can QSS a knockup and then immediately flash, but it doesn't make a difference for you walking out of it.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

exethan posted:

you can't QSS knockups

you can qss the stun portion of the knockup and then use flash to move out of the airborne effect

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You can also qss yasuo ult. It doesn't stop you from taking the damage but it lets you start to get away from him while he's locked in the animation

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's a shame you can no longer Zhonya's Yasuo ult by just mashing the button really fast. That kinda ruined his fun. :v:

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Fozzle posted:

I play a lot of Naut. It's all about picking idiots with your hook to start fights. Your hook range is quite large and people constantly don't respect it and like blitz you can turn around games with it. Unless your team is far ahead I wouldn't bother trying too hard to backline, because on a support budget you usually will die and then your carries will die. That said don't be afraid to be in the thick of things. Ult their carry/whoever is on their backline to disrupt them and likely their whole team, and then be an impenetrable barrier with your passive and riptide as people try to get past you to your carries.

Braum is more defensive but you can start fights with your ult or Q if you'd like. It's not the same effect as a hook. You don't benefit as much from being in the middle of poo poo as much as Naut does, as you don't have an absurd AoE slow, and if you aren't between their team and yours you can't get god tier shields off.

To expand on the Braum play. He's not an initiate tank. He's the guy that sits directly in front of your carry and blocks skill shots while tossing out Q's to hopefully get a slow on someone out of position that someone else can jump on.

If your team gets initiated on your job is to ult and then start showing as many people the back of your hand as you can. Spread the stun love.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

AHH FUGH posted:

lol Everyone in NMD is saying it's some amazing masterpiece or something

It's like Yeezus was just kinda okay sometimes but not even good, and this is like the exact opposite of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which is to say it's awful

It's weird because MBDTF is objectively the best album ever made and Yeezus was so different in every way but still really good in it's own right, so it's not like a Kanye album HAS to be like MBDTF to be good now. I've only gone through TLOP one and a half times so far so I don't have an opinion yet, but Yeezus took me a lot longer to like than basically anything else he's done so I think I'll have to summon patience for TLOP too

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kanye has sucked since College Dropout.

Whe exactly do i Zhonya's a Zed Ult for best effect? I see that fucker every game now. Do i wanna do it right when the "X" hits to avoid the most damage?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Are there any seriously bad matchups for Xin top right now? I've been playing with reasonable success although he does have the obvious get hosed with no mobility if ganked issue. I think Poppy might be annoying but otherwise he seems to own in the top lane

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Coca Koala posted:

After finally having enough of random teams bitching at me that "We need a tank" when I pick Sona, and then having top, mid, and jungle go 0/5, 07, and 0/3 before they FF at twenty for "GG no tank", I bought Braum and Nautilus.

How the hell do I play a tank? I'm used to waiting in the back for somebody else to initiate, unless my team is RIGHT THERE and I have an opportunity to hit like three or four people with the Sona ult. I generally understand how Braum and Naut work in laning (be a pest, try to harass the enemy, make sure I have targon stacks when the cannon minion comes, swear at my ADC for not letting me execute the cannon minion), but what am I supposed to be doing in teamfights? Hanging out on the front lines, soaking up damage, until I have an opportunity to hook or ult somebody important?

As part of the pro-healthbar lobby, unfortunately all I can offer you is that you have to Play A Lot Of Games. A lot of what you are trying to do is disrupt the enemy's ability to fight or flee and force them to shoot you instead of things they would rather shoot, such as Viktor. Knowing what it is you should be doing beyond "hit big ult on many man" requires you to have at least a basic understanding of what a champion's potential is (example: don't try to flash hook Ahri if she has ult up, don't burn big cooldowns on Alistar when he's ulting for god's sake)

Honestly I feel like Braum is one of the most challenging tanks to teamfight since you have the unique ability to forcibly redirect burst onto yourself using shield. Getting the most out of him requires a lot of awareness.

I think Alistar's a much easier place to start, especially now that they've made his combo into a kombo. Play linebacker and headbutt people away from whoever you think is worth protecting, or flash in, pulverise everyone, and throw someone without a dash back into your team. Once you get a couple items your ult makes you into a goddamn terror where people have to decide whether to waste cooldowns trying to kill you or just let you walk in and do whatever you want to their backline. Both options are bad but even in professional games I see teams repeatedly trying to burst down the ulting Alistar. A lot of time you don't even have to hit anything, simply existing at them with your super armor is enough to give your team a big advantage.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Are there any seriously bad matchups for Xin top right now? I've been playing with reasonable success although he does have the obvious get hosed with no mobility if ganked issue. I think Poppy might be annoying but otherwise he seems to own in the top lane

Malphite is probably a rough matchup, just like he is for any mostly physical melee that scales with attack speed

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quinn probably fucks him up too

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Whe exactly do i Zhonya's a Zed Ult for best effect? I see that fucker every game now. Do i wanna do it right when the "X" hits to avoid the most damage?

Right after it pops, before he hits you with abilities. If you can delay at all you can also block the 300ish base damage, but that's less significant. The thing about Zhonyaing Zed ult, is that if you do it just after you're probably also blocking 2 shurkens and an e as well.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

henkman posted:

Malphite is probably a rough matchup, just like he is for any mostly physical melee that scales with attack speed

Malph is actually one of Xin's better matchups because you can all in him early on before Malph's armor stacking really kicks in. Poppy, Riven, Cho and Shen are all pretty rough matchups for Xin because they have ways to play around his aggression. Vlad is apparently a really bad matchup for him too, though it seems rather counter-intuitive.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

The Mash posted:

It's weird because MBDTF is objectively the best album ever made

lmao

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Crazy Larry posted:

Malph is actually one of Xin's better matchups because you can all in him early on before Malph's armor stacking really kicks in. Poppy, Riven, Cho and Shen are all pretty rough matchups for Xin because they have ways to play around his aggression. Vlad is apparently a really bad matchup for him too, though it seems rather counter-intuitive.

The reason is because you need to pick Vlad with Q before you use E or he'll just pool and electric slide away. The slowing component of his W combined with the slight movespeed boost it gives him means he'll escape Xin's E slow and AA range 100% of the time.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Vlad hasn't had a movement speed boost on W in about 5 years.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Champion.gg and my personal experiences disagree with this post, but ymmv

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

henkman posted:

Champion.gg and my personal experiences disagree with this post, but ymmv

Hmm... yeah, looking at the stats you're right. Still, according to champion.gg top Xin has a 46% overall win rate, so I guess the answer to if he has bad matchups is yes, he has lots of them.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Hmm... yeah, looking at the stats you're right. Still, according to champion.gg top Xin has a 46% overall win rate, so I guess the answer to if he has bad matchups is yes, he has lots of them.

Yeah, also it's still fairly early in the patch and it looks like most people who play xin top don't have many games on him in the first place

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Kanye has sucked since College Dropout.

Depends on where you are

Under tower, immediately

Out in the open, right before it detonates

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 14, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Methanar posted:

it decays pretty fast but it's definitely there

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

It's still there, Meth. It's to account for his positioning relative to the pool before/after cast animations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Kashuno posted:

I haven't played it but I don't see how Fiora doesn't poo poo on him seeing as his CC is ridiculously predictable and he doesn't have a reliable reposition skill to deny vitals

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
to the kanye haters from last page: you can hate on kanye as a person all you want but calling his music bad because its not a 90's rapper or 60's rock or w/e is just lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

to the kanye haters from last page: you can hate on kanye as a person all you want but calling his music bad because its not a 90's rapper or 60's rock or w/e is just lol

He's undoubtedly the most important mainstream musician working right now. It always makes me lol when people are like "I HATE that guy" and they don't even try listening to his extremely good music

The man incorporated Suicide into top40 rap, no one else can do that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

I haven't played it but I don't see how Fiora doesn't poo poo on him seeing as his CC is ridiculously predictable and he doesn't have a reliable reposition skill to deny vitals

My strat has been two hits and bait the riposte, then continue if possible. Mid game in lane becomes a bit rough of you don't get ahead tho. I also rush hydra? Idk I'm low silver so

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Luna Was Here posted:

Tlop sucks rear end actually

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

i get all my hot rap tips from 18 year old white boys

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Fluffdaddy posted:

i get all my hot rap tips from 18 year old white boys

He got lebron's hairline to prove it

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
We live in an age where people just spaz on a track with horrible mixing and mastering and it has no form or structure and people call it record of the year because it's not cool to like music that doesn't clear out your sinuses

Kanye has gone down that path and most people calling it good are saying it's good because its 1. New and 2. Probably a good idea to say it's good because you don't want to be the last person to the "it's good" party

Kind of like when Illaoi came out goons were clammoring to say that she was hella loving sick nasty in top lane

Kanye is the Donald Trump of music

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think Kanye, and Illaoi are pretty cool.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There are definitely sings on tlop that I don't think are amazing but sitting down and listening to the full album is a great listen. If you hear kanye and go 'ugh it's just spaz back tracks that sounds bad' then I honestly don't know what to say to you or your music tastes. Like what's appealing to you, instrumentals of a single acoustic guitar strumming the same chord every other beat?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Just listened to TLOP and it sounds pretty minor, like a compilation of leftover tracks :(

edit: it just doesn't move forward in any way from current music, like 808s and MBDTF and Yeezus were so shockingly different from other stuff coming out at that time, and this record just... isn't. It could have come out in 2009

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
luna you gotta remember that apart from us and like 2 other dudes everyone else itt is ancient. haven't listended to tlop yet tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q604eed4ad0

what do you think of this servates/agh fugh/whoever. Skip to like 35s

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

luna you gotta remember that apart from us and like 2 other dudes everyone else itt is ancient. haven't listended to tlop yet tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q604eed4ad0

what do you think of this servates/agh fugh/whoever. Skip to like 35s

This sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvC_0foemLY

This is good.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
if you are a 11 year old girl it is, its like generic as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
The best part of the new Kanye album is the Chance the Rapper verse.

• Locked thread