Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I'm aware. I'm just pointing out to these people stop seeing kefkas where there aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Also this is what you support when you recommend Mr. Happy1227/Xehanort1227 videos:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is your recruit a friend code always the same?

Can I ignore the 3 hour cooldown and just tell people what it is?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

No, they're single use.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the account stuff in this game is stuck in the 90s.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

EponymousMrYar posted:

You know who's not in this game?

Necron :smuggo:

But only because we haven't gotten to the end game so he can show up almost out of nowhere :smugjones:

Well, he's the hypostasis of death, so presumably he'd show up if Hydaelyn died or something.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I hope the Kefka figure of the Warring Triad storyline is Minfillia.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Whizbang posted:

I hope the Kefka figure of the Warring Triad storyline is Minfillia.

"Pray return to nothingness, Warrior of Light!" and then casts Forsaken.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Velthice posted:

if you disagree with me you're a super dumb retard

:same:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I was scared that in my absence Belzac might have welcomed some joy or goodwill into his heart. It's good to see my fears were unfounded.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Velthice posted:

if you disagree with me you're a super dumb retard

I'm just glad I finally have confirmation of that.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Belzac posted:

Also this is what you support when you recommend Mr. Happy1227/Xehanort1227 videos:

oh my god it's an average-looking dude with facial hair, the horror

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

vOv posted:

oh my god it's an average-looking dude with facial hair, the horror

If you think that's average I shudder at the thought of the non-euclidean horrors that must make up half the people you meet.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Reaction videos are the cancer of youtube and that thumbnail is one of the biggest clickbait poo poo I've ever seen.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Whizbang posted:

If you think that's average I shudder at the thought of the non-euclidean horrors that must make up half the people you meet.
:confused:

He is a completely normal looking white dude. The most objectionable thing about his appearance is that he's wearing those obnoxious computer screen glasses. Aren't you kind of reaching to find something to make fun of at this point? It was posted because it's brainless clickbait.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Belzac posted:

Reaction videos are the cancer of youtube and that thumbnail is one of the biggest clickbait poo poo I've ever seen.

That's not what clickbait means.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
If they do add a Kekfa character to the game, I hope he's intro'd in a more subtle way than Dancing Mad.

The remix of the Atma Weapon music was pretty cool in the trailer, though.

Aphrodite posted:

That's not what clickbait means.

"You won't believe his face at 1:54!!"

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

'Clickbait' just means stuff I don't like, duh

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

vOv posted:

'Clickbait' just means stuff I don't like, duh

this thread

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:confused:

He is a completely normal looking white dude. The most objectionable thing about his appearance is that he's wearing those obnoxious computer screen glasses. Aren't you kind of reaching to find something to make fun of at this point? It was posted because it's brainless clickbait.

He's quite ugly. Do you hang out in a lot of burn wards or something?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chair close the thread until 3.2

Maybe longer

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Belzac posted:

The worst part about this thumbnail?

The Gunnar glasses.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Chair close the thread

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Whizbang posted:

He's quite ugly. Do you hang out in a lot of burn wards or something?

Despite the bizarre dong-swallowing expression he has contorted his face into, and despite how dislikeable he is, I'm pretty sure Mrhappy is neither disfigured nor especially ugly. Do you suffer from some kind of third person body dysmorphic disorder or something?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Chair close the thread until 3.2

Maybe longer

Just rename it to FFXIV: Belzac containment thread until 3.2

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Skaw posted:

The worst part about this thumbnail?

The Gunnar glasses.

I have to use a similar pair of glasses (different brand, though) to help prevent headaches from working at a computer all day.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

hobbesmaster posted:

Just rename it to FFXIV: Belzac containment thread until 3.2

"Disabling Belzac's restraints now. Good luck."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
He looks like a beach ball someone glued pubes onto. You guys need higher standards.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Kibner posted:

I have to use a similar pair of glasses (different brand, though) to help prevent headaches from working at a computer all day.

https://justgetflux.com/

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
B31Z4C Containment.

Also if you don't think a video titled First Reaction with a guy doing an O face isn't designed specifically to get dummies to click it to see why he'd doing that face your a dumb.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Oh my god, you're right. How could I not see that this thumbnail was specifically chosen to get people to watch his video. The fiend.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
What do think is a higher form of entertaiment:

1.) First Impressions of 3.2 Trailer and Discussion

or

2.) Guy reacts to 3.2 trailer!! (Wow!! Kissing Prank, React to Fine Bros)

Reaction videos are the lowest effort, highest return thing on youtube right now and it's very obvious awful name man trying to cash in on some clicks. If you even just look back at a similar video he did for 3.1 it's called "Patch 3.1 Trailer Analysis & Thoughts".

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Belzac posted:

What do think is a higher form of entertaiment:

1.) First Impressions of 3.2 Trailer and Discussion

or

2.) Guy reacts to 3.2 trailer!! (Wow!! Kissing Prank, React to Fine Bros)

Reaction videos are the lowest effort, highest return thing on youtube right now and it's very obvious awful name man trying to cash in on some clicks. If you even just look back at a similar video he did for 3.1 it's called "Patch 3.1 Trailer Analysis & Thoughts".

Yes and he literally has one of those for 3.2 as well.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I swear Belzac could say that water is wet and half the thread would argue with him.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Is this guy a Mr Dumbname1337 puppet account?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Belzac posted:

Too bad FineBros couldn't go through with patenting reaction videos

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually agree with Belzac here, the issue is reaction videos are loving stupid and the guy looks pretty standard to me. Calling him ugly is reaching. Especially when there are so many other things to make fun of.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
I wouldn't recommend mr.happy guides if there was someone else out there that didn't take a hundred years to clear a raid.

But really the best thing is to just not watch guides and do progression like a normal group.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

I swear Belzac could say that water is wet and half the thread would argue with him.

only half?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Might be worth considering whether it's Belzac's actual points / arguments / conclusions that people take issue with, or whether it's more about how he communicates those points (tone, phrasing, etc.).

Kinda like when you're in DF, someone's derping because they're new, and another party member starts raging at them (but, technically, telling them the right thing to do in the process). You kinda root for the newbie to deliberately screw up just to piss off the rear end in a top hat, because their technical point ends up being less important or interesting than their behavior in making the point.

In this case, Belzac's less ragey and more tries too hard to get what could be valid points if better substantiated, down to one-liners (presumably with the intention of being witty). But it's still an issue of how the points are communicated. When he actually makes an effortpost I rarely find myself disagreeing with him.

TL;DR honey vs. vinegar proverb

Vil fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 15, 2016

• Locked thread