Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo so many menus and I don't know which stat a song corresponds to. Also I need items to idolize???

Meh it's late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Holy poo poo so many menus and I don't know which stat a song corresponds to. Also I need items to idolize???

Meh it's late.

It's ok, soon enough you will have literally hundreds of all the items

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

It's ok, soon enough you will have literally hundreds of all the items

Got so many shoes, they're calling us Imelda Marcos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Meh it's late.

songs don't correspond to stats, but they'll be color coded for whichever type they're suited for. pink = cute, blue = cool, orange = passion, rainbow = all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eli GET

Never managed to FC Storm in Lover, though. That part at the end always tripped me up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
there is literally no worse feeling on earth than when you're going for a Full Combo but mess up a note really early on, and know you're gonna have to finish the song anyway

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

there is literally no worse feeling on earth than when you're going for a Full Combo but mess up a note really early on, and know you're gonna have to finish the song anyway

This is me when I'm playing Angel Breeze in Starlight Stage.
I somehow cannot for the life of me get the tap that's simultaneous with an early swipe, but everything else is a-okay.
I even burned a couple of practice tickets to get there, try it, and quit.

also :yikes: at that new av and text

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

Well there's almost getting a FC only to miss the last note. I had both happen to me today anyways. Still haven't FC'd Sunny Day Song, but did get Storm in Lover.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Managed to get my SR Eli with only 1 Loveca spent. Given that i missed out on 2 days, I guess I can get 0-Loveca SRs as long as I make sure to play everyday.

One thing I appreciated about SS was the fact that the game tells you when you've FC'd a song instantly, instead of waiting till the end of the song to tell you like SIF does.

Also on the pull machine there's something that requires 60 Star Gem things instead of 250; what is that?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Also on the pull machine there's something that requires 60 Star Gem things instead of 250; what is that?

It's a discounted daily pull you can do, but it requires paid gems.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Managed to get my SR Eli with only 1 Loveca spent. Given that i missed out on 2 days, I guess I can get 0-Loveca SRs as long as I make sure to play everyday.

One thing I appreciated about SS was the fact that the game tells you when you've FC'd a song instantly, instead of waiting till the end of the song to tell you like SIF does.

That's a once a day premium pull that can only be bought with stars you paid ¥¥¥ for.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress you taser!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Chihiro demands your bux

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

taser rates posted:

It's a discounted daily pull you can do, but it requires paid gems.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's a once a day premium pull that can only be bought with stars you paid ¥¥¥ for.

Ah, kay kay.

graybook posted:

Chihiro demands your bux

I don't even pay for SIF, why would I pay for SS.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i accidentally spent 1 star gem in starlight stage, so now i will forever be stuck with a 1 off from gacha until i earn another 25, or 50 or w/e. Unless there is a way to earn single stars.

Or I could spend like 24 of them somehow. I dont even remember what I accidentally was able to spend a single one on.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

i accidentally spent 1 star gem in starlight stage, so now i will forever be stuck with a 1 off from gacha until i earn another 25, or 50 or w/e. Unless there is a way to earn single stars.

Or I could spend like 24 of them somehow. I dont even remember what I accidentally was able to spend a single one on.

I think there was a room item that used up 1 gem. Well, started up Starlight Stage again since I was bored, played a bunch and did my first 10-pull. Got baseball idol as my first SR. Rina also dropped for me from the event too, so I'm 2 SRs ahead already!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right also my room has a jukebox and there are these songs that require 5k gold? Is that for a single play or do I get to use it permanently after buying it?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Allarion posted:

I think there was a room item that used up 1 gem. Well, started up Starlight Stage again since I was bored, played a bunch and did my first 10-pull. Got baseball idol as my first SR. Rina also dropped for me from the event too, so I'm 2 SRs ahead already!

oh right that's what it was that I did. I used 1 gem accidentally cuz i tried to upgrade something while upgrading something else and just thought it was a regular confirmation screen, but it was actually a "use a gem to complete the other upgrade so you can upgrade this thing?" screen since I guess you cant upgrade multiple things at once.

Also what is the SR Eli you guys talking about? Is that in the japanese version of love live? In the english version it is a nozomi event right now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

oh right that's what it was that I did. I used 1 gem accidentally cuz i tried to upgrade something while upgrading something else and just thought it was a regular confirmation screen, but it was actually a "use a gem to complete the other upgrade so you can upgrade this thing?" screen since I guess you cant upgrade multiple things at once.

Also what is the SR Eli you guys talking about? Is that in the japanese version of love live? In the english version it is a nozomi event right now

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Eli GET

Never managed to FC Storm in Lover, though. That part at the end always tripped me up.

JP version, yes.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Oh right also my room has a jukebox and there are these songs that require 5k gold? Is that for a single play or do I get to use it permanently after buying it?

Permanent

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Permanent

Bitchin' sweet, matey.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

JP version, yes.

oh i see

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Is the event end time in SS in JST? or UTC? It says 20:59, so is that 8 hours from now?

or wait.. 2/16, not 2/15, so 32 hours from now?

edit:

Oh neat i got a super rare

edit: just got another one. 2 songs in a row

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 15, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh cool, SS can give you SRs from songs?

Also after playing the initial song I tried to play a different song but none of the music came up much to my annoyance and confusion. Plus the text on the button was different.

After failing to understand what it meant I figured I had to go through the story to unlock more songs, tried to play the story, then realized I had to download the next chapter like you hafta do in SIF.

Then I realized that the songs weren't playing any preview music and I couldn't play them because they hadn't been downloaded yet.

Silly me.

What's with the numbers that come up once you choose to play a song? 4 or 5 or 19 or whatever.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Oh cool, SS can give you SRs from songs?

Also after playing the initial song I tried to play a different song but none of the music came up much to my annoyance and confusion. Plus the text on the button was different.

After failing to understand what it meant I figured I had to go through the story to unlock more songs, tried to play the story, then realized I had to download the next chapter like you hafta do in SIF.

Then I realized that the songs weren't playing any preview music and I couldn't play them because they hadn't been downloaded yet.

Silly me.

What's with the numbers that come up once you choose to play a song? 4 or 5 or 19 or whatever.

The SR is from the event that's goin on. If you play certain type of song (depends on the day of the event) it gives you a chance to get event currency, or even the idols you can buy with the event currency. The higher the star rating of the person you have as the center increases the chance of drop as far as I can understand. so I put a 5 star normal idol in the center of my event group instead of an idol that has an ability and lower star rating.

I'm using the google translate app on my phone to take pictures of my tablet and translate things :v:

also for the number that comes up after you choose a song, do you mean where you can set it to something else? That's the speed the notes come down at, so like if you are playin something and can't tell which note comes first you might want to speed them up so that they are spaced apart more and you can tell which order to hit stuff in.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 15, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's what I was talkin' about. Danke for the info, Sean.

Also that's neat.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yeah, that's what I was talkin' about. Danke for the info, Sean.

Also that's neat.

Sean?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I personally recommend a note scroll speed of 9 or 9.5. Nice and quick to get some good spacing in, but with enough time to react.

Also I'm glad that it applies to new songs instead of having to go back and up the scroll speed every time a new song comes out.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
In starlight stage anyone know what the timer is on the song selection screen? under your EXP, this stuff:

Also what does the Live button say right now? there's two things it's switching between:

And what does this say?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dankeschon sounds like Danke Sean to me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

In starlight stage anyone know what the timer is on the song selection screen? under your EXP, this stuff:

Also what does the Live button say right now? there's two things it's switching between:

And what does this say?

First image: It's telling you that your Trainer Ticket Time (トレチケタイム) has that much longer to go (5h47m).
The switchy-switch just says "Trainer Ticket Time" and "Money Gain up", basically.
The last one is like "Lesson big success chance up" (literally Lesson Big Success ^).

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

graybook posted:

First image: It's telling you that your Trainer Ticket Time (トレチケタイム) has that much longer to go (5h47m).
The switchy-switch just says "Trainer Ticket Time" and "Money Gain up", basically.
The last one is like "Lesson big success chance up" (literally Lesson Big Success ^).

Thanks

What is trainer ticket time though...?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Skwee posted:

And what does this say?

1. 5hr, 47min for whatever bonus that is. Trainer ticket, I guess? Pretty sure that just means they have a greater chance of showing up as rewards.

2. Trainer ticket, I think. The second one's money.

3. This should mean you have a greater chance of getting bonus xp for leveling up idols.

Also, I like a speed of 8 or 8.5, because I'm using a phone. 9 is all sorts of dicy with that limited room. Although I also never changed the default. It encourages me to pay attention, so I don't forget to reset things if I wanted to try them on a different speed for whatever reason. It is really not fun to have a song pop up in an event and you just tap through only to realize you're now playing a song you don't remember at 9.5…

Also yay, I finally got the Rina SR to drop. Now I can spend 1000 points on stars, I guess? I don't think I need another cute SR, although she does have a nicer skill than combo bonus up… Are the stat levels given on the event page just bare stats, without the heart-level max bonus?

e. ah. sniped while doing math :v

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait you can buy stuff with points too?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Wait you can buy stuff with points too?

yeah click the "TOP" button on the song selection screen, or go to the home page and click the top right button. they go to the event page, and you click the thing on the right with the blue coin and you can buy the idols with the event points

I have a question about the rehearsals thing. is that you get 3 rehearsals per song, or is this some consumable ticket that is applied across all songs?

edit: nvm
http://cg-starlight-stage.tumblr.com/post/138047703369/version-150

You get 3 rehearsal tickets per day.

They dont consume stamina, and when you run out of life in a rehearsal the song keeps going so you dont have to start from the beginning and you can see the full song even if you are bad

Skwee fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 15, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

Is the event end time in SS in JST? or UTC? It says 20:59, so is that 8 hours from now?

or wait.. 2/16, not 2/15, so 32 hours from now?

They're always JST.

Skwee posted:

Yeah, I did that as well. Doomed to a not-round stars number forever.

Also personally I've never had any desire to change the note speed from the default, things seem fine without it. Luckily you can stop it prompting you about that every time.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Adjusting note speed has been really useful in figuring out some of the bullet hell portions of master songs. Couldn't pass a decent number of songs before bumping them to at least 7.5-8. Also, I love caravan events. I can not care about using my stamina optimally, practice songs on master, and get free SRs while doing it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, they're very low-stress, it's nice. I'm probably going to have to spend my points to get Rina at this rate but that's ok, I'm not desperate for any of the other rewards.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You crazy bastards, I tried Onegai Cinderella Regular with 9.5 speed and got my rear end kicked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Speed is addictive. I swear anything below 9 is too slow for me now.
It does take time to get used to. At regular and debut, it's probably not necessary, but for some pro and most if not all master, it's intensely beneficial to up the scroll speed.

Tokimeki Escalate in particular is hell without speed upped.