Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to see david fry tearing rear end out of the courtroom wearing his padded suicide skyrim tunic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

a messed up horse posted:

i want to see david fry tearing rear end out of the courtroom wearing his padded suicide skyrim tunic

Heh, I thought they were kinda familiar. Thanks videogames

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A guy who won't be born until 2046 is going to end up in the same Federal BootyMax as David Fry and ask him what he's in for.

An elderly Fry will have to tell that kid that he thought taking over a bird zoo with an inbred family of turd ranchers would lead to the downfall of the US government.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A guy who won't be born until 2046 is going to end up in the same Federal BootyMax as David Fry and ask him what he's in for.

An elderly Fry will have to tell that kid that he thought taking over a bird zoo with an inbred family of turd ranchers would lead to the downfall of the US government.

To be fair by that year it will be illegal to say retard for violating the safe space act and David Fry will look like a Viking berserker in comparison

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Geoj posted:

I agree - we should give them all slaps on the wrist. Community service, house arrest - that kind of thing.

It will certainly send a message to other armed anti-government idiots that similar behavior won't be tolerated they can pretty much do as they please and nothing major will happen to them.

even dictatorships only disappear dissidents when they're legitimately afraid of being toppled by them... are you scared of david fry???

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

are you afraid they might have legitimately incited revolution to change the face of america forever????

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh wow that's a nice spin on the puppetmaster good job

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

To be fair by that year it will be illegal to say retard for violating the safe space act and David Fry will look like a Viking berserker in comparison
Fry will still look like an ugly girl by that point. There's no way in hell he bulks out in prison.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh wow that's a nice spin on the puppetmaster good job

i just like the idea of justice being blind :(

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

FuhrerHat posted:

even dictatorships only disappear dissidents when they're legitimately afraid of being toppled by them... are you scared of david fry???

What do you think a fitting punishment for seizing control of government property while armed and stating any law enforcement that attempts to arrest you will be met with deadly force is?

Or does the law not apply to right wing dissidents?

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
If all had went as they had planned - houndreds or thousands of patriots would have shown up to fight the feds. They were suggesting people kill LEOs and Feds that might have impeded patriots on their way. They were literally rallying people to kill fellow Americans to make a point about ???, feds having power/BML, and those two guys who turned themselves in for prison round 2. There should be very little sympathy toward any defense of 'They were just cowboys from Arizona goofing off in another state!'

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Remember at one point they were discussing if 'traitors' should get life or be executed.

So gently caress them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

are you afraid they might have legitimately incited revolution to change the face of america forever????

Very weak troll.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ok ok dont shoot im too canadian for this!!!

Geoj posted:

What do you think a fitting punishment for seizing control of government property while armed and stating any law enforcement that attempts to arrest you will be met with deadly force is?

Or does the law not apply to right wing dissidents?

idk

kill em, whatever

GolfHole has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Feb 15, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

happyhippy posted:

Remember at one point they were discussing if 'traitors' should get life or be executed.

So gently caress them.

Live by the sword, die by correctional facilities

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

onemanlan posted:

If all had went as they had planned - houndreds or thousands of patriots would have shown up to fight the feds. They were suggesting people kill LEOs and Feds that might have impeded patriots on their way. They were literally rallying people to kill fellow Americans to make a point about ???, feds having power/BML, and those two guys who turned themselves in for prison round 2. There should be very little sympathy toward any defense of 'They were just cowboys from Arizona goofing off in another state!'

Literally the only defense that can be mounted for them is they are just too drat incompetent to be a threat to anyone. Aw shucks your honor we just tryn get some old fashioned sedition around these here parts!

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Our enemies abroad would be aided and comforted by a weak federal government.

Thanks a lot Obama

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Alan Smithee posted:

Literally the only defense that can be mounted for them is they are just too drat incompetent to be a threat to anyone. Aw shucks your honor we just tryn get some old fashioned sedition around these here parts!

Ignorance of literally every law is not a defense.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"moral" defense anyway

then again there is that Render Unto Caesar thing every militia fuckboy seems to forget about

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Darth123123 posted:

This must be a video game children thing

no, its a movie. it has creepy bird puppets and poo poo.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Can they build a defense around being tried as a minor since they have the mental worldview of a literal child?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee posted:

"moral" defense anyway

then again there is that Render Unto Caesar thing every militia fuckboy seems to forget about

Kent Hovind, the anti-education evangelist who made millions of dollars lying to kids about science and then went to jail for refusing to pay taxes on it, defended himself from this criticism by saying "The Bible does say 'render unto Caesar what is Caesar's', but it does not say 'render unto Fred what is Caesar's.' Find where it says that and I'll pay."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Kent Hovind, the anti-education evangelist who made millions of dollars lying to kids about science and then went to jail for refusing to pay taxes on it, defended himself from this criticism by saying "The Bible does say 'render unto Caesar what is Caesar's', but it does not say 'render unto Fred what is Caesar's.' Find where it says that and I'll pay."

My bf grew up in a super-evangelical family and went to an evangelical school and instead of Bill Nye they had to watch Kent Hovind and I'm just like "I'm so sorry that's incredibly sad" and gave him a big hug

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://twitter.com/ocanannain/status/698627262363648000

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

My bf grew up in a super-evangelical family and went to an evangelical school and instead of Bill Nye they had to watch Kent Hovind and I'm just like "I'm so sorry that's incredibly sad" and gave him a big hug

well he's in jail rn. to work this into the topic, kent hovind tried a bunch of sovcit poo poo during his appeals and all it got him was a transfer to supermax.

also I've watched hovind's anti-education material and it's just hilariously wrong. I went into it expecting him to actually talk about evolution and repeatedly assure the audience that it's "just a theory" or some other poo poo like that, but no, he spends about an hour lying about what evolution is, and then proceeds to lie about reality to disprove his fictitious version of it.

TacticalUrbanHomo has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Feb 15, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

it also says thou shalt not kill

didnt say me specifically so gently caress you kent ill shoot you in the face

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

he looks like a shadowrun character

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

tiny man escapes from bendy straw

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized how politically unaware the four holdouts are. That scene when Michelle Fiore entered the court room and they all perked up. They honestly believe a state assembly woman from a state that isn't even Oregon can do anything for their federal criminal case, and don't even realize how badly they have been used.

I hope they're allowed to be interviewed by a journalist who does nothing but ask them questions about how they think governments work.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

VectorSigma posted:

he looks like a shadowrun character

his deck skills leave a bit on the table but holy gently caress does his party need a better samurai

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

frickin' beautiful

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In case you've never seen one, this is a Ferguson Safety Suit, or anti-suicide smock.

Unless you're the Incredible Hulk, you can't tear the fabric, and it's so dense it can't be rolled up or knotted.

Normal prison clothing can easily be fashioned into a noose, or even swallowed. Thus far no one has found a way to commit suicide using these.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I'm glad thin men are finally paying for the crimes of their earth invasion attempt.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Belongs in the Dune thread.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In case you've never seen one, this is a Ferguson Safety Suit, or anti-suicide smock.

Unless you're the Incredible Hulk, you can't tear the fabric, and it's so dense it can't be rolled up or knotted.

Normal prison clothing can easily be fashioned into a noose, or even swallowed. Thus far no one has found a way to commit suicide using these.

So are they naked underthere or do they have velcro diapers for underwear also?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Krinkle posted:

So are they naked underthere or do they have velcro diapers for underwear also?

Quite nude. Most of the prisoners I dealt with in my ems days had this and the safety blanket made of the same material. They're very warm and cozy so there's no inhumane treatment going on.

But if you're on suicide watch to such an extent that you need the smock, you're not getting underwear (the easiest way to kill yourself by far (form a hitch, put head in leg hole, lean forward. Literally takes seconds to die.))

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Quite nude. Most of the prisoners I dealt with in my ems days had this and the safety blanket made of the same material. They're very warm and cozy so there's no inhumane treatment going on.

But if you're on suicide watch to such an extent that you need the smock, you're not getting underwear (the easiest way to kill yourself by far (form a hitch, put head in leg hole, lean forward. Literally takes seconds to die.))

Man I'm real messed up lately don't tell me how to kill myself with my own underwear. Goddamn. This is my whole day now.

Are they always barefoot though? I can't sleep if I'm barefoot. Do they get really stiff booties made of the same material at least? How could you kill yourself with a bootie?

Krinkle has issued a correction as of 03:54 on Feb 15, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Skyrim belongs to the aliens, the jewish bankers, the stazi Obamacare, the--

Didn't I just post that stuff/have a discussion about the smock on the last page or so

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krinkle posted:

Man I'm real messed up lately don't tell me how to kill myself with my own underwear. Goddamn. This is my whole day now.

A goon killed by he own gonch. A shameful goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Krinkle posted:

Are they always barefoot though? I can't sleep if I'm barefoot. Do they get really stiff booties made of the same material at least? How could you kill yourself with a bootie?

In court you'll have paper shoes, crocs, or hard sandals, since you're less likely to make a move.

In your cell, no shoes of any kind. Literally just the smock and blanket. If you thrash or try to bite or otherwise hurt yourself, you get upgraded to the soft restraint gurney.

I had to transfer a lot of these people. One guy tried to chew out the veins in his wrist. I got to transport him to a state hospital after he spent a month in our hospital for sepsis. The human mouth is so horrifyingly disgusting you can kill yourself with your own bite.

Which is something fun no one ever talks about. We're practically Komodo Dragons. We can kill our enemies/prey with lethal bites even though we're not venomous.

Anyways, there's always someone to talk to.

1 (800) 273-8255