Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You guys, Deadpool was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Great Beer posted:

You guys, Deadpool was so good.

Just got back from the 2130 showing in Phoenix. I can agree. It was the best Marvel movie since the first Iron Man.

E: Gonna install these in the bus tomorrow. No sub or amp (yet) like the beetle, but I'm looking forward to real music again.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 14, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I'm going to see it tomorrow night with my brother wheeee :3

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Speak for yourself

:laffo: I see what you did there (nah you're great)

Enourmo posted:

happy vday all you non broken people

cheer up emo duck
together alone :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

instructions unclear

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Me and the missus went out for an Indian meal with some friends, no flowers, no chocolates, no cards. When the bill came we thought they'd forgotten something but no, £70 for 4 people, 2 courses, and drinks. We left a decent tip.

She wants to go see Deadpool too, hope we can do it next week.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Better than Star Wars

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neither if us want to go see star wars

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I now have a working tailgate handle, fog light switch and a properly hidden mic for the hands free bluetooth thing my stereo does with my phone. I'm getting so close to actually having a properly functioning vehicle that doesn't require me to keep pliers in it to operate things. :toot:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Don't kink shame me you koala fucker

gently caress you, it's Drop Bears I gently caress

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

instructions unclear

as long as your dick isn't stuck in a fan, you're doing an alright job, partner

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress you, it's Drop Bears I gently caress

everyone knows wombats are where it's at for loving, if you blunt their claws anyway

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

everyone knows wombats are where it's at for loving, if you blunt their claws anyway

I thought wombats gently caress cars?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I thought wombats gently caress cars?

Yeah, that's why we gently caress them back

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

keykey posted:

Welp.. I can't say I saw the one coming, not in a million years and it's surprisingly well made. If this is the beginning of the campaign season videos, I need to grab some popcorn even more than I did before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FECIYlo3KRY

That was meant to be an attack ad? That was hilarious and if i was american I'd be more likely to vote for clinton after seeing that.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

literally a fish posted:

Their subscription-only Roadkill Garage show is off to a good start, too. That seems to be "Dulcich and Freiburger do stupid poo poo with their absurd army of vehicles" and episode one involves a ball hone. Not sure it's worth the :10bux: it costs now but I only pay five and despite not getting access to any of the race footage (basically only the originals) I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

I just signed up and it's $5/month for everything, with the first 2 weeks free of charge.

Are you seeing some prices I'm not seeing?

E: But it doesn't want to play any videos in Chrome on Linux :(

E2: Disabled HTTPS Everywhere, that fixed it. Roadkill trumps security, bye bye HTTPS Everywhere.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 14, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My valentines day was "get up at 8:30 and clean up the kitchen from last nights dinner because oh god the inlaws have randomly turned up. Like they did yesterday. And friday afternoon too"

And then they DIDNT LEAVE. I owe my dad some scotch or something because he took my father in law away for a few hours to go look at a block of land they want to buy and gave me a few hours of respite. Which was nice, except my better half was off shopping with her mum because gently caress valentines day and spending time with your loved one, girly time with your mother is faaaar more important.

All loving weekend. I didnt get anything done because i had to play host.

gently caress

So instead we're going to dinner with a couple we've become friends with in the new estate we've both built in on tuesday, then going to see Deadpool afterwards!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I object to Valentine's day because I love my wife all the time, I shouldn't have to pay out the nose for disposable gifts one particular day of the year to show that.

Yes I am a grouchy poo poo.

Where it matters though, I'll put in the effort to get or make something important and personal.

Hilarious moment earlier, the builder of our little three house "estate" has taken the final house off the market because he didn't want to deal with the bullshit from a particular cash buyer who wanted to extend the house and literally make it twice the size before they moved in. Also they wanted gates across the entrance, gently caress that.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Mazda is out of my life at last! I only got $700 for it, so I'm about $500 out, but I bought it before the ring problem became evident so fuuuuck me :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Deadpool is funny as hell and is a pro choice for a Valentine's weekend movie. Might be the best Stan Lee cameo ever, too.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geirskogul posted:

Better than Star Wars

Finally saw Episode 7. It was loving horrible, I would even say that episode 1 was far better than 7. And episode 1 was a loving joke. 1 was a joke, 2 was decent, it just had to set so much up for episode 3 though, which episode 3 was pretty awesome in terms of tying together every thing.

Also, the villains in episode 7 were loving AWFUL. Semi spoilers below. I figured every one who has wanted to see it has seen it by now.

By far this scares me a lot loving more than this . at least the Grand Moff Tarkin would strike the fear in you, the other guy is a loving child.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Finally saw Episode 7. It was loving horrible, I would even say that episode 1 was far better than 7. And episode 1 was a loving joke. 1 was a joke, 2 was decent, it just had to set so much up for episode 3 though, which episode 3 was pretty awesome in terms of tying together every thing.

Also, the villains in episode 7 were loving AWFUL. Semi spoilers below. I figured every one who has wanted to see it has seen it by now.

By far this scares me a lot loving more than this . at least the Grand Moff Tarkin would strike the fear in you, the other guy is a loving child.

You should go check out the discussions in CD where goons try to convince themselves that Daisy Ridley is a good actress and deserves some manner of award for her performance in TFA.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Tonight! How much Subaru can you buy for a 100 dollars? Preoptopus would find out if there wasnt a blizzard and the old guy selling it to me is scared to drive in the snow.

98 legacy outback 2.5 with 235k, needs rear brakes and a couple lines. guy didnt wanna scrap cause sentimental value it and his wife wants it gone. Getting it tomorrow.

Do i flip it, or make something fun out of it?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 14, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You are delusional if you think episode 2 was anything but garbage. 7 is uninspired pandering at worst but episode 2 is unwatchable.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

AOTC is loving crap when it came out and it has aged hysterically badly since. And if you think 1 was better than 7.... I refuse to believe anyone who can breathe air unassited legit thinks that.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I took the new star wars at face value and it was a fun movie but its not anything I'd call amazing. Certainly not Oscar worthy. If it wasn't attached to the name, nobody would think twice about it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Star wars was great, it's not groundbreaking but it was enjoyable and definitely got the star wars feel. It could have been a lot worst, and it's got me excited for the next ones.

Deadpool is perfect. The wife and I liked it so much when we went to see it yesterday we're seeing it again in a few hours to try and catch more of the background stuff.

All the assigned seating theaters are pretty much sold out with only one or two seats scattered around, so for the first time in like a decade we're going to a movie without assigned seating.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Enourmo posted:

happy vday all you non broken people

Van-entines

Post your own ride post
I spend the weekend taking the wife on a 720 mile round trip to pick up my new to me van from England. Had a nice meal in Newcastle with friends last night though. To get down to Stoke I hired a car one way and put fuel in it for 7 and 3 hours than taking a train, even with a 50 one way charge. Madness.

Managed to ace vday present for once... Purple Rain, a live Shins album and Bowie's Modern Love single on vinyl.

Edit: I just realised how terrible my parking is in that pic. I'm not used to having such a short bonnet!

stump fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 14, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Last night - fix the exploded Head Office server. Bed 11pm, up at 4am to be greeted by I'm the only SysAdmin and three helpdesk staff are also not here.

Currently being fueled by rage and caffeine. Do NOT approach without a lot of chocolate. 

Like seriously, you think PMS is bad? It's nothing compared to a cranky, tired, harrassed SysAdmin who is about to go full BOFH - chocolate if you want to talk to me and get out of my office via the door and not the window If you are lucky.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Alternator in the landcruiser decided to take a massive poo poo this morning. No charge for you!

Not that I wasnt expecting it... the last time this alt took a poo poo it was a sunday afternoon, nothing was open and i was broke, so it got cracked open, found the diode pack had detonated itself, so I scrounged around in my pile of junk, found an old alternator from a prado and pilfered that diode pack.

Apparently running a 90A alternators diode pack in 120A alternators frame isnt a long term solution- who knew? :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Valentine's dinner is gonna be ribeyes, baked potatoes and whatever veg the wife wants. Follow that up with a fire and chilling in the backyard with dogs and some nice beer.

Fuuuuuuck going out on this fake rear end holiday.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Valentine's dinner is gonna be ribeyes, baked potatoes and whatever veg the wife wants. Follow that up with a fire and chilling in the backyard with dogs and some nice beer.

I made lamb chops, wild rice, and roasted vegetables (squash, zucchini, bell peppers), with a bottle of pretty OK Merlot to go with it all. Almond pound cake for dessert.

We're still thinking of hitting up somewhere for cocktails later.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Homemade ravioli (not by me, but by a friend who makes pasta for a living) with an amazing ricotta sauce. Green salad, bottle of wine. Homemade tiramisu (made by the same friend). Great meal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Prime tenderloin on sale at Costco, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, gin and tonics. Can't decide if I want to grill it or cast iron sear/bake.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
six pack of haams tall boys a bunch of dabs and king of the hill solo cause gently caress v day

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

my roommate's bbuddy apparently killed th elast of my bottle of evan williams so he gave me a big ol glass of his crown royal apple to compensate. ive never had crown before, i realize its flavored but drat its smooth underneath.

apparently the wal mart near the schol here has an attached liqour store which i d never heard of, whatre the good cheap whisk(e)ys these days

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pham Nuwen posted:

I made lamb chops, wild rice, and roasted vegetables (squash, zucchini, bell peppers), with a bottle of pretty OK Merlot to go with it all. Almond pound cake for dessert.

We're still thinking of hitting up somewhere for cocktails later.

Wife has her favorite bottle of wine (which is seriously like a $4 bottle of moscato) and I got two bottles from Stone, double bastard in the rye and a weird hopped variety of Old Guardian barley wine ale.

And enourmo: I usually stick to Evan Williams, honestly. More money than that? Wild Turkey 101, buffalo trace, or bulleit. Any more than that and I'm buying scotch.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Valentines dinner for us was nachos and hotdogs. My wife wanted to go to a hockey game so we did their valentines day special. Come to think of it, this is the same thing we did last year, I like this new trend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We did our nice dinner on Wednesday, so tonight we just had cheap steaks and now I'm suffering through the Bachelor.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

keykey posted:

Valentines dinner for us was nachos and hotdogs. My wife wanted to go to a hockey game so we did their valentines day special. Come to think of it, this is the same thing we did last year, I like this new trend.
My wife and I saw Deadpool (yes, it's amazing) earlier today, and we're ordering Chinese food and watching something on Netflix tonight. I think I have her convinced that Chinese food and a movie in is so much better than going out on holidays.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

My wife and I saw Deadpool (yes, it's amazing) earlier today, and we're ordering Chinese food and watching something on Netflix tonight. I think I have her convinced that Chinese food and a movie in is so much better than going out on holidays.

This was the first Christmas in 6 years that I didn't get Chinese food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I beat Pokemon Snap on N64 in one sitting today, and then I saw Deadpool. A good day.

Chimichangas!

• Locked thread