Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

Hey don't get me wrong, I do appreciate people trying to help.

And by "better job" you mean "a job", right? :v:

Yeah that too.

Hey you're like SAC but a better person!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My secondary cat doesn't do poo poo. Doesn't even cause a CEL. Will be keeping the primary cat in the O2 housing.

You were an electrician tech who didn't know how to hook up a battery the right way, but you're steadfast in knowing that your secondary cat "doesn't do poo poo" because ???

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Go drive your 155hp "sports car"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'd rather not, they put down a bunch of salt over the weekend because we're getting some snow.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

You were an electrician tech who didn't know how to hook up a battery the right way, but you're steadfast in knowing that your secondary cat "doesn't do poo poo" because ???

Clearly Hyundai was just pressured by BIG CAT to put an extra converter on it - they just claim you need it to pass emissions. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

Clearly Hyundai was just pressured by BIG CAT to put an extra converter on it - they just claim you need it to pass emissions. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

Hey man, this is AI, stop talking about cars.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Don't be mad at me cuz you bought a brand new "sport car" in 2016 that has less horsepower than a early 2000s Honda.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Don't be mad at me cuz you bought a brand new "sport car" in 2016 that has less horsepower than a early 2000s Honda.
I don't know what he bought, but I'm pretty sure he can afford to put gas in his car.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Piss poster gets pissy, shits lovely posts, flings poo at posters

News at 11

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Go drift in a Honda and get back to me.

And before you come back with the S2k, they were $40k in 2015 dollars; sorry that a car nearly twice the price is better i guess?

e

ilkhan posted:

I don't know what he bought, but I'm pretty sure he can afford to put gas in his car.

:drat:

e2: phone bought an ND, for reference. which i guess for for like 30k so an S2k is only 50% more car pricewise instead of 100% lol

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Okay so now the ugly goon with a neckbeard and greasy metal hair is getting in on it too. Lovely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yeah but see i dont smoke pot while jobhunting then wonder why im failing piss tests

Let me put that another way: I, the guy who posts meltdowns in the AI chat thread, am still more responsible than you

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

Hey man, this is AI, stop talking about cars.

don't kinkshame plz

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

No you just work at Sears trying to sell Chinese Craftsman tools and then complain about your career choices. You ain't any better than me dog so get off your high horse and put down the burned Tool CDs.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You're really invested in how much fun I'm having in my car and how it's not really a sports car. You should do my 93 SC300 next. It only has 200HP! lmao

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

No you just work at Sears trying to sell Chinese Craftsman tools and then complain about your career choices. You ain't any better than me dog so get off your high horse and put down the burned Tool CDs.

hey dipshit i worked in the auto center, and only because in 2011 when i was jobhunting they were the only place that would give me the time of day, everywhere else was still hiring back all the layoffs from the loving recession

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Why is 'sportyness' (a vaguely defined thing in itself) related to horsepower? A loving fiat panda made it to the cover of EVO magazine ffs.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Enourmo posted:

Go drift in a Honda and get back to me.
e2: phone bought an ND, for reference. which i guess for for like 30k so an S2k is only 50% more car pricewise instead of 100% lol
I figured that.

At only 155hp there's not much he could have bought besides an ND. ;)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Why is 'sportyness' (a vaguely defined thing in itself) related to horsepower? A loving fiat panda made it to the cover of EVO magazine ffs.

Because he drives a lovely Korean penalty box that weighs as much as an F150, while posting incessantly about how much his life sucks because he fucks it up at every turn.

When you have literally nothing in life except that lovely loving car that you overpaid for and literal hobos have more quality of life, you try to find the one thing that you have more of. His is horsepower.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Miatas are cool, the new genesis is pretty cool, people should just drive whatever and not be angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA

New HRG is really good. Tony and Lucky make a great team and its nice to see the show kinda seperate itself from roadkill and stand on its own. Also, that camaro owns and I wish I'd had the money to buy the rolling 1987 firebird shell a customer offered me this week. :(

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I think we all have a bunch of major personal flaws. Basically everyone does. Ricco's seems to be that he thinks horsepower is all that matters, a common mistake made by people who've never driven something light and nimble.

Probably we ought to just accept that we each have our various reasons for our car choices and not be huge dicks about it to each other for no reason. except when meatpimp buys horrifying GM products

Anyway. ^^^ It really does seem like Tony just had no idea what to do in front of the camera without someone else to play off, but with Lucky he's much more confident and between the two of them i'm really enjoying it.

Their subscription-only Roadkill Garage show is off to a good start, too. That seems to be "Dulcich and Freiburger do stupid poo poo with their absurd army of vehicles" and episode one involves a ball hone. Not sure it's worth the :10bux: it costs now but I only pay five and despite not getting access to any of the race footage (basically only the originals) I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

My only annoyance with that HRG episode is that it's going to spike demand for LM7s and I need one of those for the partyvan, dammit!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

IOwnCalculus posted:

It has to do with the EPA suddenly proclaiming that it is (and apparently always was) illegal to modify / remove emissions equipment even on vehicles that are no longer driven on public roads. So any Spec Miata / E30 / LeMons / bomber car, or any other racecar that was once a registered car, must maintain all of its emissions equipment.

It doesn't have anything to do with street driven vehicles that continue to be street driven, since doing poo poo like test pipes was always illegal.

It's a bit ridiculous. Seems like they'd do better to ban small gas lawnmowers than to maintain emissions compliance on track-only production cars. It also doesn't do anything to reduce emissions on a purpose built chassis that was never emissions compliant.

So, I'm not a lawyer, but this guy says he is. His arguments seem reasonable, but I don't know for sure. I do know that SEMA's job is to freak out and pre-emptively get stuff moving in opposition to anything that might threaten their livelihood.

http://jalopnik.com/please-excuse-the-long-post-as-i-m-getting-a-lot-of-com-1758137608

SOME RANDOM INTERNET GUY (MAYBE A LAWYER) posted:

Please excuse the long post as I’m getting a lot of comments on this so I hope to break down all the arguments in one section. (Also it’s my birthday and I want to start billing so I’m not in so deep of a hole for this month!)

First point: The regulations themselves have a section specifying what vehicles the regulations apply to. It is as follows:

“A. Does this action apply to me?

This proposed action would affect companies that manufacture, sell, or import into the United States new heavy-duty engines and new Class 2b through 8 trucks, including combination tractors, all types of buses, vocational vehicles including municipal, commercial, recreational vehicles, and commercial trailers as well as 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickup trucks and vans. The heavy-duty category incorporates all motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 8,500 lbs or greater, and the engines that power them, except for medium-duty passenger vehicles already covered by the greenhouse gas standards and corporate average fuel economy standards issued for light-duty model year 2017-2025 vehicles.”

As you can see, it’s expressly clear that it applies only to heavy duty and medium duty vehicles EXCEPT medium duty vehicles already covered by light duty standards. That makes it pretty clear that light duty vehicles are out.

Second point: Patrick mentioned that the EPA stated that the “EPA is proposing in 40 CFR 1037.601(a)(3) to clarify that the Clean Air Act does not allow any person to disable, remove, or render inoperative (i.e., tamper with) emission controls on a certified motor vehicle for purposes of competition.” However, it’s important to note that 40 CFR 1037.601(a)(3) would be under 40 CFR 1037. 40 CFR 1037 covers heavy duty vehicles, not light duty vehicles. Light duty vehicles are covered under 40 CFR 86. You can’t reasonably apply a clarification buried in one section of regulations to another section. Such an interpretation is unlikely to stand up in court as if the EPA wanted the clarification to apply to light to heavy duty vehicles, they could have inserted the section into 40 CFR itself rather than 40 CFR 1037. (Think of 40 CFR as a tree and 40 CFR 1037 as a branch. Once it’s branched off, the words only cover that branch.)

Third point: McDonald (who works for SEMA) asked for clarification as to the EPA’s stance on converting certified vehicles to race cars. Now I’m not sure how he worded his question, but the key word here is “certified.”

By the EPA’s definition, certified vehicles are vehicles used for highway travel. They mention as such by stating that they’re primarily concerned with tampered vehicles used for road use. This is pretty much been the case for a long time. Basically, if you drive your vehicle on public roads, it needs to be certified.

However, the question becomes, if you take your car off highway, can it be de-certified. The EPA actually doesn’t particularly comment on this, but they’ve stated that they are primarily concerned with whether a vehicle is used on the highway or used exclusively for competition. In my opinion, that signals that the EPA isn’t going to go after your racecar.

Of course then, the question becomes why did McDonald say the EPA confirmed that you can’t convert certified vehicles into racecars. In my opinion, this comes down to wording. If he had asked whether certified vehicles that are used solely as racecars are exempt, the EPA would have likely told him no. My question would be, did he ask if it was possible to de-certify cars and it doesn’t appear from his statements that he did. Anyway, I’d like to see a transcript of the conversation.

Finally: As stated in the article, “Vehicles used on the street and track are restricted by environmental regulations,” McDonald. “We contend that if you convert a vehicle into a race car, and it only gets tracked, that is excluded.” But the EPA claims it’s always been this way, and the agency is simply clarifying the rule. If the EPA actually stated that it’s always been that converting a vehicle into a track only race car is excluded and that they’re not changing the regulations, but merely clarifying it, then they are on record for saying so. If that’s the case, then it’s a further point in favor of the interpretation that you can still have your track only race cars.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Trust me, its not. 5.3's are loving everywhere in the states.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

HAHAHAHA, good answer to a dickhead comment :D

FFS, this is the last forum anyone should spew the crap about power in a sports car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Miatas are cool, the new genesis is pretty cool, people should just drive whatever and not be angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA

New HRG is really good. Tony and Lucky make a great team and its nice to see the show kinda seperate itself from roadkill and stand on its own. Also, that camaro owns and I wish I'd had the money to buy the rolling 1987 firebird shell a customer offered me this week. :(

I have loved HRG from the get-go and it's because they do the whole "show you putting X parts in Y car" that the old TNN car shows did, but without editing it to the point where it looks like they just waved a loving wand and the parts magically fit perfectly every time. I think it was the very first one or close to it where they strapped a blower to a Camaro, made more power... and roasted the clutch. It's the poo poo that anyone wrenching in the real world deals with.

The only minor beef I have with that last one is I have no idea why they think they'd need a separate controller for the transmission. The stock ECU controls a 4L60E just fine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh cool, lots of new posts, what's going on in h...

:stonkhat:

The Locator posted:

I was prescribed a hydrocodone (Vicodin) once for pain, and apparently I'm allergic to it, as I was on the floor in my bathroom vomiting my guts out (and then vomiting nothing) for almost 12 hours. I'd rather just be in pain, thanks.

Opiates in general can cause nausea - some people are more sensitive than others though.

Hydrocodone doesn't do jack poo poo for my mom except make her hallucinate. :stare: Me, on the other hand... a couple of those and some :420: and life is gooooood.

Phone posted:

Found up the street from me in the neighborhood, no idea what happened

Gonna guess there was a bit of "hey, watch this" involved. There had to be some kind of frontal impact to set off the front airbags though, right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

There had to be some kind of frontal impact to set off the front airbags though, right?

That's a good point. Can't have been hit while parked, since the airbags won't deploy if the car is stationary, surely?

Probably just got T-boned.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Did the side airbags go off? Can't tell from that picture. It looks like the seats are in the gangsta position but maybe they just ended up that way.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hydrocodone doesn't do jack poo poo for my mom except make her hallucinate. :stare: Me, on the other hand... a couple of those and some :420: and life is gooooood.

I had meniscus surgery 3 years ago and found out it doesn't do anything for me either beyond what it's supposed to do. Norco on the other hand makes me a mean son of a bitch which makes no sense since its Hydrocodone with acetomenophen in it as well.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

literally a fish posted:

I think we all have a bunch of major personal flaws.

Speak for yourself

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Welp.. I can't say I saw the one coming, not in a million years and it's surprisingly well made. If this is the beginning of the campaign season videos, I need to grab some popcorn even more than I did before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FECIYlo3KRY

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

happy vday all you non broken people

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Enourmo posted:

non broken people

we're goons

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sinestro posted:

we're goons

yeah but there's like

tiers

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Valentine's day is a scam perpetrated by retailers :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

happy vday all you non broken people

gently caress Valentine's Day. With a crowbar. And a cricket bat

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gonna guess there was a bit of "hey, watch this" involved. There had to be some kind of frontal impact to set off the front airbags though, right?

It's crazy that the impact mashed in the bodywork, punched a hole in the rear tire, but only took one big chip out of the rear wheel.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress Valentine's Day. With a crowbar. And a cricket bat

Don't kink shame me you koala fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How immature am I for laughing my rear end off at this plate?

It's not a custom plate either, it was a randomly issued plate. Custom plates in TX follow a different format.

• Locked thread