Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mouse Dresser posted:

The worst part is that someone MADE that shirt. That is not a store bought shirt.

The fabric is designed by Alexander Henry (he creates a lot of sexy lady and shirtless hunks printed fabric): http://www.amazon.com/fighter-fabric-Alexander-Henry-multiples/dp/B00L5E32R8?tag=skim0x92398-20

And? If people wanna pay you to make clothes out of their stupid designs why turn them down? It's not like you have to model it everything you create.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Not too derail but wasn't that guy ESA not NASA. Continue arguing about the shirt though. It's thrilling. Maybe next we can talk about what color that dress was.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

it was lime green

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

wyoming posted:

I bet this dude has a few bitches tied up in a van.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Je suis fatigue posted:

It was a piss ugly shirt but ya'll makin it sound like he was walking around in a loli shirt where she's going "n-not so rough, onii-chan~!". It was more like 80's era sci-fi/action girls in leather with guns, not even good spank material.

He landed a probe on a comet because he was looking for space babes, didn't he.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

twistedmentat posted:

The really loving stupid thing about this is both are completely misrepresented.

Slut Walks are not about women being allowed to wear whatever they want whenever they want, its to wear what they want and not be harassed by men and told that they're responsible for their rape by dressing provocatively.

The anger over the dudes shirt came from STEM jobs are very hostile to women in many cases, and over all many women are not choosing to go into them because they are so heavily male dominated. Most STEM employers have been trying to make it more welcoming to women, but this guys shirt was just a symbol of the all boys club that these kinds of places are seen. Plus that shirt was offensive becuase its not appropriate wear. Having loving hentai on your shirt is just loving gross.

Thing is, the guy apologized and admitted that the shirt was a poor choice, but the MRAs hold it up as a symbol of FEMINISM GONE WILD! WOMEN ARE TRYING TO PUNISH MEN FOR BEING MEN!

but his friend who was GIRL and possibly a FEMINIST made it for him!!!!! That makes it acceptible work wear!!!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

http://imgur.com/gallery/ArkHP7L

metalharvester via Android33 points : 2 replies : 3 hours ago reply
Same thing if you have an asian gf

IAlwaysUpvoteIowa 5 points : 44 minutes ago reply
The downside is you have to change the picture of the dog once a week.

:saddowns:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/00b1s 179 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/fDeeZ 68 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/qHomd 96 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/rlfB4 83 images

Yeah the imgur front page has loads of racism and sexism, but let's not forget they also have tons of boring sperg image dumps too!

I wonder if you could take all the images on the front page, put them into a massive gallery, and get it voted back to the front page.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

kazil posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/00b1s 179 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/fDeeZ 68 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/qHomd 96 images
http://imgur.com/gallery/rlfB4 83 images

Yeah the imgur front page has loads of racism and sexism, but let's not forget they also have tons of boring sperg image dumps too!

I wonder if you could take all the images on the front page, put them into a massive gallery, and get it voted back to the front page.

I find some of these posts funny, but I also enjoy the Memes and Macros thread and fell down the stairs, landing on my head as a child.

Edit: oh cool many of them are racist and gross as well, I see what you're saying.

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Feb 15, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh boy here we go

http://imgur.com/gallery/v6ZzXkS

man these comments

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

Oh boy here we go

man these comments

where is the humor in this. I don't remember forest gump interrupting anything in the movie during his runs

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Your Computer posted:

Realtalk though; the issue isn't that his outfit is "unprofessional" or ugly, it's that it's heavily reinforcing the "boy's club" mentality of STEM professions, and AFAIK he just tried to be funny without thinking of the implications and admitted that it was dumb and shortsighted after being confronted about it. :shrug:

I work in a STEM industry. Specifically Laser Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation (Aesthetics). I am one of two men that work at the company. All of our staff is well trained, very intelligent, and does not experience a "Boy's club" mentality. Please don't assume that every technical application of skills has to be a boy's club. I go to the women that work for us for answers. They are in charge. They are in charge for most aesthetic industries.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mostlygray posted:

I work in a STEM industry. Specifically Laser Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation (Aesthetics). I am one of two men that work at the company. All of our staff is well trained, very intelligent, and does not experience a "Boy's club" mentality. Please don't assume that every technical application of skills has to be a boy's club. I go to the women that work for us for answers. They are in charge. They are in charge for most aesthetic industries.

you one mighty dense boy

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

mostlygray posted:

Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

mostlygray posted:

Someone's played a really nasty practical joke on you, honey.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mostlygray posted:

lol

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Mouse Dresser posted:

The worst part is that someone MADE that shirt. That is not a store bought shirt.

The fabric is designed by Alexander Henry (he creates a lot of sexy lady and shirtless hunks printed fabric): http://www.amazon.com/fighter-fabric-Alexander-Henry-multiples/dp/B00L5E32R8?tag=skim0x92398-20

Wait, that lady who made the shirt didn't even design the fabric? Is she at least in partnership with the guy whose poo poo she's selling as Simplicity pattern bowling shirts for over a hundred bucks a pop? Jesus.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

I know what it means as written, but I can't not hear it as "onii-chañ" with a gruff Mexican accent, and it's hilarious

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Hihohe posted:

Oh boy here we go

man these comments

I assume this got taken down? What was the jist of this?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Forrest Gump running through Beyonce's Super Bowl 50 performance, with a caption about interrupting the black panther party. Apparently things got a little racist.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flakeloaf posted:

Forrest Gump running through Beyonce's Super Bowl 50 performance, with a caption about interrupting the black panther party. Apparently things got a little racist.

The pictures still up bud but thanks

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

The pictures still up bud but thanks

:saddowns: I am getting a 404.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Same. So thanks for the summary flakeloaf.

Also, man you guys are terrible about pointing out why people are stupid + laughing at them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Same. So thanks for the summary flakeloaf.

Also, man you guys are terrible about pointing out why people are stupid + laughing at them.

Just jump into the echo chamber and try not to think too much about it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think there's a part in Gump where he is talking to Jenny at an anti-war situation and it's implied to be Black Power influenced.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I think there's a part in Gump where he is talking to Jenny at an anti-war situation and it's implied to be Black Power influenced.

could it be the part where she takes him to a literal Black Panther meeting and he punches her boyfriend for smacking her and the scene literally ends with him saying "Sorry for ruining your Black Panther party."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

http://imgur.com/gallery/X6iGi

Muslim bashing, religion bashing, and just in general the most smug 14 year-olds ever

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

cash crab posted:

Same here, I'm really curious if it's because:
A) The OP realised it was a horrible mistake and deleted it
or
B) Imgur's Mods had enough of this bullshit and removed it

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

could it be the part where she takes him to a literal Black Panther meeting and he punches her boyfriend for smacking her and the scene literally ends with him saying "Sorry for ruining your Black Panther party."
Naaaaw it couldn't possibly be that part, why would it be that when we can simply make up stories!

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

bleughmacaroni posted:

Same here, I'm really curious if it's because:
A) The OP realised it was a horrible mistake and deleted it
or
B) Imgur's Mods had enough of this bullshit and removed it

Not B, unless the image in question was a plea for imgur to be less racist and creepy

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Practical Demon posted:

Wait, that lady who made the shirt didn't even design the fabric? Is she at least in partnership with the guy whose poo poo she's selling as Simplicity pattern bowling shirts for over a hundred bucks a pop? Jesus.

The fabric itself is crazy expensive, so Alexander Henry got paid.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Krowley posted:

Not B, unless the image in question was a plea for imgur to be less racist and creepy

Mods do seem to erase some stuff. I remember when the stories about ISIL finally hit the mainstream, someone got an album of UAE (I believe) soldiers on the frontlines to the frontpage. Some of them were even posing with dead ISIL fighters. Besides the gore, they were non-press photos, and people pointed out that it may be a real issue to not post pictures that could compromise operational security (which was a huge problem in Eastern Ukraine). The album was deleted, and that's one of the few times I'd ever seen the mods just delete something that early.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Plan Z posted:

Mods do seem to erase some stuff. I remember when the stories about ISIL finally hit the mainstream, someone got an album of UAE (I believe) soldiers on the frontlines to the frontpage. Some of them were even posing with dead ISIL fighters. Besides the gore, they were non-press photos, and people pointed out that it may be a real issue to not post pictures that could compromise operational security (which was a huge problem in Eastern Ukraine). The album was deleted, and that's one of the few times I'd ever seen the mods just delete something that early.

Yet all the evidence shows that the mods there give no poo poo about the mildly racist stuff. Like, there's at least a half dozen examples on the front page any day about racist poo poo that don't get deleted.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I must have picked a real winner if it got taken down. Every top comment was either "I dont like beyonce so she must be bad music" or "those blacks should know their place/are the real racists"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Remember, women owe you sex. Look out for the Friend Zone!

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Veotax posted:

Remember, women owe you sex. Look out for the Friend Zone!

Remember when "friend zone" used to just refer to the fact that you were into somebody who wasn't into you and that it felt bad, without the connotations of women as sexual vending machines? I miss those innocent times.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Remember when "friend zone" used to just refer to the fact that you were into somebody who wasn't into you and that it felt bad, without the connotations of women as sexual vending machines? I miss those innocent times.

Was there ever such a time? I always felt that friend zoning was a way for jerks to rationalise why someone wouldn't sleep with them. "See, I am obviously perfect for her in every way but she's not interested. Instead of taking a moment to reflect on that and see if there's something to learn here, I'm just gonna publicly state that SHE is at fault for not liking ME."

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Was there ever such a time? I always felt that friend zoning was a way for jerks to rationalise why someone wouldn't sleep with them. "See, I am obviously perfect for her in every way but she's not interested. Instead of taking a moment to reflect on that and see if there's something to learn here, I'm just gonna publicly state that SHE is at fault for not liking ME."

I thought that the whole friend zone thing started with that stupid ladder theory. :shrug:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I thought the Friend Zone started from an episode of Scrubs.

It was an okay episode, for being a kinda shaky first-season one. Wasn't even that bad about the connotations of the thing, J.D. was just disappointed he ballsed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Cleretic posted:

I thought the Friend Zone started from an episode of Scrubs.

It was an okay episode, for being a kinda shaky first-season one. Wasn't even that bad about the connotations of the thing, J.D. was just disappointed he ballsed it up.

So he blamed himself then? Which is to say, the very opposite from the modern friend zone "victim".

• Locked thread