Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm glad we kept Benzema who blackmails his mates instead of Suarez who is definitely not the best striker in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Phwoar - me, being happy that we spent a combined €50m on Danilo and Lucas Silva

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I know it sounds stupid to say this because they're clearly incredible but Barcelona have a "globetrotters effect" on me, I enjoy watching the neat tricks but get no "emotion" from it, if that makes any sense.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

I'm glad we kept Benzema who blackmails his mates instead of Suarez who is definitely not the best striker in the world

I was a bit surprised that Real Madrid weren't in for him. He would have gone if you guys made a bid.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Madrid was too concerned with signing Hamez that summer.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Checked the stats today and it seemed Messi missed another pen, I think it's time for Enrique to have to have serious words

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brighterday posted:

Checked the stats today and it seemed Messi missed another pen, I think it's time for Enrique to have to have serious words

Hmm...how do they record that on penalty stats?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

As a missed penalty I would think.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

Opta said it would go down as a penalty not scored and an assist.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Brony Car posted:

I was a bit surprised that Real Madrid weren't in for him. He would have gone if you guys made a bid.

perez said he wasn't even good

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Barca-Sporting is turning out to be pretty exciting. Messi just buried a sweet goal

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Been good so, far yeah

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I really hope Barca doesn't have to take penalties in the CL or Copa del Rey because we are awful at them

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Messi, Suarez and Neymar are really poo poo at penalties but then they score goals like that lol.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

penalties were invented to help Portuguese prima donnas pad their goal totals. Real players score sexy goals like Suarez just did

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lads let's take a moment to remember that when Rafa "Big Rafa" Benitez was unjustly fired from his position as RM manager they were only two (2) points behind Barca and now barely a month and a half later they are seven (7) points behind.

Zizou out?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lionel Messi is well overrated and don't rate him one bit. He only got 300 goals because all the defences in la liga r too afraid to put a tackle in on him. Let him come to the premier league and find out what a real tackle is

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Frankston posted:

Lionel Messi is well overrated and don't rate him one bit. He only got 300 goals because all the defences in la liga r too afraid to put a tackle in on him. Let him come to the premier league and find out what a real tackle is

I look forward to Ryan Shawcross showing the world that the emperor has no clothes.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Frankston posted:

If you apply your anti-footballer rugby rules yes. There's a reason why English football is still utter poo poo.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Frankston posted:

Please source your quotes and place them in the appropriate thread.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Frankston posted:

unironically agreed

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

unironically agreed

same lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think messi is the GOAT, tbqh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

i think messi is the GOAT, tbqh

Fair at this point.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that argument makes sense when you consider how well English teams have played in European competitions...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BWV posted:

that argument makes sense when you consider how well English teams have played in European competitions...

European competitions use limp-wristed continental referees though not the seasoned hard men that referee in the Permier League.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Imagine if Real Madrid had a player capable of making them win more than 1 league in the last 8 years

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Imagine if Real Madrid had a player capable of making them win more than 1 league in the last 8 years

Agreed, Ronaldo deserved better team mates. He's a beast, a one man army but sadly the rest of the team lacked some quality. If only the defence hadn't been so poo poo.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
If only Real Madrid had the money to compete but alas they are just happy to be here

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Imo Real Madrid are fascist frauds

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Ewar Woowar posted:

Imo Real Madrid are fascist frauds

They are.

They also bought Bale with public money and are being investigated by the European Commission.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Two nice goals in this game so far.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
That was a really intense game against Las Palmas!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Las Palmas put up a better fight than Real. They should take notes.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

terrible penalty by Ronaldo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

inx posted:

terrible penalty by Ronaldo

It all evens out after his goal that was three yards offside.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
At first I though the ar was just in a bad position, but on the replay, he's just not looking where He's supposed to.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lladre posted:

At first I though the ar was just in a bad position, but on the replay, he's just not looking where He's supposed to.

Are the linesman in Spain just that bad?

I watch a fair amount of La Liga matches as evidenced by my stellar posting in this thread and it seems like they get offside calls wrong like 75% of the time.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shrapnig posted:

Are the linesman in Spain just that bad?

I watch a fair amount of La Liga matches as evidenced by my stellar posting in this thread and it seems like they get offside calls wrong like 75% of the time.

I don't think they are as bad as the serie A linesmen. But this particular guy is having a poo poo day, like that one ball never went over the goal line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The lino just made a spectacular call. 3 inches offside, got it. 3 yards offside, durrrr

• Locked thread