Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Are you Jonathan Joestar? 'cos I would totally decapitate you, sew my head on to your body, spend 100 years undersea playing with our dick, gently caress a bunch of women and sire 4 bastards, learn how to stop time with our new Stand, give your kids and their kids a Stand, try to kill one of them, send a bunch of assassins after the ones who don't get manga cancer, murder a loser NEET and your senile grandson before getting punched in the knee and explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish I could find the one that just said

gently caress ROHAN KISHIBE

to:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I WANT TO gently caress ROHAN KISHIBE

To: Rohan Kishibe

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Eh. :effort:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I can't help but take this a little personally.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I can't help but take this a little personally.

here I hope this one helps

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

multijoe posted:

Jotaro and DIO's battle was mostly psychological and the when Jotaro detroys DIO in their final standoff he's undermined DIO's legendary narcissism and overwhelming belief in himself to the point he can overpower and destroy the physical maifestation of his ego (i.e. his Stand)

At the beginning of DIO's World DIO is constantly bragging about the complete incontestability of his Stand (the ultimate Stand which indeed has the power to rule over the whole world! etc) to the extent that when his fight with Jotaro starts he's happy to start it by dicking around comparing punch rushes, convinced Jotaro presents absolutely zero threat. Obviously this doesn't last long and DIO gets supremely freaked out when he realises Jotaro can enter his world of stopped time and for the first time someone can face him on something approaching equal ground. He bounces back by switching to a ranged attack and then gets his confidence shattered even worse when Jotaro plays dead to deliver a nearly fatal surprise attack, actually crippling him to the extent that the mighty DIO can't move his legs! He gets the ball back in his court by taking Joseph's blood, but althrough he now believes himself to be literally invincible he's still afraid to apporach Jotaro directly and for his final attack with ROAD ROLLER DA he still keeps 10 feet of solid steel between the two of them rather than face Star Platinum directly.

So at this point DIO's gone from 'I'm fuckin' touchable, come at me' to 'well that's okay, I can chuck things at him where he can't hit me from' to 'Well, it was kinda rough before but now I've reached my final form and can stab myself in the brain without consequence ... but I'd still rather fight him at range'. Whilst he would never admit it, he's become progressively more scared of Jotaro and less confident in his own, objectively stronger abilities. Then Jotaro of course uses The World himself to stop time, using the one technique DIO thought set him apart from everyone else in the world (He captured my favourite technique!) and takes to opportunity to get in a yare yare daze and act like it ain't no big thing, belitting DIO even further. So he breaks DIO's leg and belittles him again by saying he'll be sporting and let him get up, we then see DIO's internal monologue where he's gone from saying 'it's impossible for me to lose' to 'I'll do anything to win' - he no longer has faith in The World or his own superhuman abilities to destroy Jotaro, his ego and self worth lie in tatters. So he resorts to a cheap sucker punch to get the drop on Jotaro, who then destroys his Stand - the manifestation of the soul, in a single hit. It plays out very similarly to the D'Arby fights: when the mighty DIO had been reduced to chucking gunk in a guy's face to win, he'd already admitted defeat in his heart, Star Platinum shattered the The World because it was the manifestation of DIO's utterly destroyed ego

This is a top tier analysis that I support.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/onuko521/status/698872434716356608?s=09

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Anyone who says they don't want to gently caress Rohan Kishibe is a lying liar

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't want to gently caress Rohan Kishibe.

I just wanna read his books.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Can't have one without the other, sorry mate.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I do not want to gently caress Rohan Kishibe because he eats spiders and has a lot of deep-seated mental issues he probably needs to work out. Dude needs to chill.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder how many people wasted away as a result of rohan ripping pages out of them before he tried that poo poo with koichi

I wonder what even happened with them, since they were losing lots of weight suddenly but maintaining the same shape (or whatever was happening I forget)

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I do not want to gently caress Kishibe Rohan because I'm a lesbian

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder how many people wasted away as a result of rohan ripping pages out of them before he tried that poo poo with koichi

I wonder what even happened with them, since they were losing lots of weight suddenly but maintaining the same shape (or whatever was happening I forget)

The question of how many people the various people who started as villains in Part 4 (Okuyasu/Rohan/Yukako/Fungami/Kobayashi/Hazamada/Miyamoto) killed offscreen is kind of interesting. I'd actually say none of them have actually killed anyone.

• Rohan's Heaven's Door reading of Hazamada didn't turn up him killing anyone.
  • Okuyasu mentioned Keicho doing a lot of things behind his back.
  • Miyamoto just wanted to escape from Superfly, which required him to trap someone else in there alive, not kill them.
  • I don't remember for sure, but I think Fungami explicitly didn't drain people enough to kill them (and he wouldn't have needed to, since he was taking energy from multiple people just to heal one)
  • Yukako is pretty unstable, and did come very close to killing a non-Stand user onscreen, but she's specifically obsessed with Koichi; I don't think she was a yandere before meeting him.
  • Rohan's later characterization suggests that while he's an rear end in a top hat, he's not usually as...unstable as he acted when he was introduced. It also seemed that Koichi was considerably more "compatible" with his drawings than anyone he'd ever met before. He might have ripped out a few pages in the past, but not enough to seriously endanger anyone.
  • If any of them is a killer, it's most likely Kobayashi. But I don't think he wouldn't have needed to kill anyone to accomplish his goals before meeting Koichi.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

With how every good character in Jojo usually has their first appearance being a really hosed up creep, I'm suprised Speedwagon didn't kill that cat eating a puppy to show Jonathan the circle of life in The Alley

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

that just goes to show that speedwagon is tops even among jojo's' best characters

the hero none of us deserve

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

E: wow a genuin doublepost thanks radium/lowtax/obama

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

With how every good character in Jojo usually has their first appearance being a really hosed up creep, I'm suprised Speedwagon didn't kill that cat eating a puppy to show Jonathan the circle of life in The Alley

Tbf he did try and kill Jonathan.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Cabinet posted:

Tbf he did try and kill Jonathan.
He was kinda in the right on that honestly. Some rich rear end in a top hat just walks into his turf blindly, he's gotta do what he's gotta do. And what he had to do was make the best friend of his life.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

But on the other hand Speedwagon did shove buzzsaws into his hat and would throw it at people. Kinda a dick move tbh.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Only by a cold though

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Cabinet posted:

But on the other hand Speedwagon did shove buzzsaws into his hat and would throw it at people. Kinda a dick move tbh.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Beautiful.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Red is my heart,
Blue is the rain,
With you by my side,
I'll make a Love Train.

Dojyaa~n

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am glad someone saved this after I made it last year (?) because I deleted it a long time ago. Needs re-typesetting.

Peekin' on u

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 15, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
my little brother and i watched jojo's together and now sometimes when we goof around the house he insists that we do punch rushes together

he's always dio because he thinks dio is cooler than jotaro

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

where's the lie

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
also, steel ball run is really good

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I realized earlier today I've never read an actual good translation of Part 4. I read the DUWANG translations, but there are better ones out there, right? I'm not asking for :filez: or anything, just confirming that I can probably find better translations of JoJo somewhere.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I realized earlier today I've never read an actual good translation of Part 4. I read the DUWANG translations, but there are better ones out there, right? I'm not asking for :filez: or anything, just confirming that I can probably find better translations of JoJo somewhere.

you can find them on your local scanlation site. not really the frowned upon kind of :filez: since we don't have a legit english release yet

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro is cooler and also a better father than Dio

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i agree

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

also, steel ball run is really good

:yeah:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Stallion Cabana posted:

Look up The Invincible Trio, they're the guys who did the good translation of DiU. Though, they basically just cleaned up DUWANG because once you get past the broken English, DUWANG was technically an accurate translation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Baal posted:

Jotaro is cooler and also a better father than Dio

Giorno ended up wearing designer Italian suits and became the head of the mafia.

Jolyne ended up in prison.

I mean, I like Jolyne, but the results speak for themselves. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and those designer italian suits look like poo poo and Giorno's not even a cool boss

he's just loving giorno

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Giorno wound up a nefarious criminal and Jolyne became a hero of justice. Jotaro is the better dad. Case closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Giorno ended up wearing designer Italian suits and became the head of the mafia.

Jolyne ended up in prison.

I mean, I like Jolyne, but the results speak for themselves. :v:
Jolyne lights herself on fire and unravels her body into string to fit inside her friend's body. Giorno's a little fifteen year old freshman who would die if you shoved him in a locker too hard.