Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Am I the only one that hates TDM this year? The constant spawn flips and camping has finally gotten to me. Then with the shotguns being ridiculous has made it borderline unplayable, not because i'm bad but because its too annoying to put up with the constant spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

SubponticatePoster posted:

Those back to back Redwood games were a special kind of poo poo, even for me. Though the first one I went something like 23-9 and the second more like 11-14.

That's what made me mad. That first game, we all did really well in spite of the lag. Same map and same teams and we were getting our asses handed the second time around.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RBX posted:

Am I the only one that hates TDM this year? The constant spawn flips and camping has finally gotten to me. Then with the shotguns being ridiculous has made it borderline unplayable, not because i'm bad but because its too annoying to put up with the constant spam

It's not the game mode that it flips so much ( it's rkid :ssh: ); it is entirely possible to spawn trap in TDM if you can restrain your desire to Always Be Rushing.

It also helps if you point a sentry gun at a spawn side, to force the enemy to spawn in the other.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Sorry for bailing at the end... that round was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, and I suddenly had absolutely no desire to play anymore tonight...

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
flipping spawns is only an issue unit you start using call outs/minimap to predict where people will spawn next. once you understand the maps, how far you can push before flipping, and that when people aren't where you think they SHOULD be things probably have flipped then you'll get real good real quick

Guni
Mar 11, 2010
Is ... this even possible?

From memory the dude had around 16days of play time.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Looks like VMP is officially the new Vesper.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I realise no-one here will really care but I just hit Prestige Master and I'm super happy about that!

I never managed to get more than 2 or 3 Prestiges in any other Call of Duty game, something about this one captured me and I'm much better at it than the others. Any of you who used to play with me on Xbox 360 know how terrible I was. I know I'm nowhere near as good as a lot of the posters here but it's a victory for me.

I'm also very close to gettting Dark Matter camo too. I like being okay at a CoD game now :unsmith:

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

Mister Macys posted:

It's not the game mode that it flips so much ( it's rkid :ssh: ); it is entirely possible to spawn trap in TDM if you can restrain your desire to Always Be Rushing.

It also helps if you point a sentry gun at a spawn side, to force the enemy to spawn in the other.

Whoa whoa whoa, I was the one trying to snipe. It's only when I realize the other team is not going to go down quietly that I say gently caress it and start running around like an idiot.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

RBX posted:

I like to think I got in at the ground floor of tdm hate at CoD4

Carecat posted:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 15, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Pretty much. Natural talent or bust.

Or tons of practice.

I'm snowed in here so I'l probably be playing all day if anyone else is up for it.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Did they lower cryptokey earn rates? I usually only play TDM, but it's brutally slow now.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yea they've pretty much hosed it all up

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Smelly posted:

In hardcore friendly fire is on. After 3 team kills you get kicked, one rolling thunder is all you need.

Had some fun games tonight, though that lag was absolutely atrocious and I don't know how you can play like that constantly Jones.

Also voting P3n9uin as pubbie of the year. That dude was bad

Oh, I haven't ventured into hardcore yet, doesn't look like I will either.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

teknetik posted:

Did they lower cryptokey earn rates? I usually only play TDM, but it's brutally slow now.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

yea they've pretty much hosed it all up
Well how else are they gonna get you to spend money on cod points?

Fibby Boy posted:

Or tons of practice.

I'm snowed in here so I'l probably be playing all day if anyone else is up for it.
I will probably be on in the early afternoon, got some errands to run this morning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish I had been snowed in so I could play some shootmans. I'll definitely be around this afternoon/night to maybe get some double XP if it's still around.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish I had been snowed in so I could play some shootmans. I'll definitely be around this afternoon/night to maybe get some double XP if it's still around.

It goes until 10a pacific tomorrow.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBX posted:

Yeah, TDM is pretty bad in this game. They nerfed the gently caress out of EMP grenades so its hard to get any extra points besides shooting down the occasional UAV.

Guni posted:

Is ... this even possible?

From memory the dude had around 16days of play time.

That's definitely possible if you just play Chaos Moshpit 24/7. Being really good helps as well.

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 15, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Being the right amount of neurotic to do well constantly in the clusterfuck known as Nuketown is the best way to level up by far.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Carecat posted:

it has been all along :ssh:

RBX posted:

i keep flipping on this (lol) but honestly i dont think i do hate the new spawn system? like macys says its actually really predictable and open to manipulation. i think part of the issue some people have is that certain types of player will run around flipping spawns all day and that can get people who are less movement orientated trapped.

the other part of the issue is that the people who go around flipping spawns are clueless pubbies and high k/d goons :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, TDM is pretty bad in this game. They nerfed the gently caress out of EMP grenades so its hard to get any extra points besides shooting down the occasional UAV.

That's definitely possible if you just play Chaos Moshpit 24/7. Being really good helps as well.

TDM is actually pretty good this year. Dom is bad.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fibby Boy posted:

TDM is actually pretty good this year. Dom is bad.

This is correct except KC is superior. I sigh audibly every time someone queues domination.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Domination with tiny maps and no riot shields is a hollow, lifeless shell of it's previous self.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

This is correct except KC is superior. I sigh audibly every time someone queues domination.

I agree.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Domination with tiny maps and no riot shields is a hollow, lifeless shell of it's previous self.

Also with this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only reason goons don't like Dom this time around is because everyone is a hyperactive idiot now flipping spawns faster than Macys getting angry about racist emblems. Holding two points and farming kills while inflating your SPM and ego is cool and good but no one wants to play it that slow anymore.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Dom is cool and good.

Also the crossbow is awesome when you dual wield it. Got a ton of kills with it in the last games. Also funny to see pubbies pick up the crossbow and try to use it because they haven't unlocked it themselves.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the only gun i feel i need to unlock is the shotgun pistol because that thing was ridiculous when we were messing about with that dropped on ehte other night

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only reason goons don't like Dom this time around is because everyone is a hyperactive idiot now flipping spawns faster than Macys getting angry about racist emblems. Holding two points and farming kills while inflating your SPM and ego is cool and good but no one wants to play it that slow anymore.

verticality changed everything

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just want to not have to worry about being shot from all the angles while capping B.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Deviant posted:

Part of me wishes they had a stripped down playlist like AW had with no jetpacks or killstreaks. That was my poo poo.

Things were much better before the ADD riddled, mountain dew chugging MLG 8 year olds started calling the shots :bahgawd:

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

can anybody here g slide reliably in the current patch? i can get it like 1 out of 20 times

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Deviant posted:

Yeah, they learned it was bad, and rolled it back in every area compared to AW.
The maps in BLOPS 3 are comparatively flat.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

real nap poo poo posted:

can anybody here g slide reliably in the current patch? i can get it like 1 out of 20 times

I thought they fixed it explicitly because it was causing other problems in their code or something.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

nah you can still do it its just harder

i just picked up one of these http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Shooter-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter/dp/B00UKQ8D8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455561895&sr=8-2&keywords=xim4 - reviews claim it works as well as a xim4 for a fraction of the price. just an fyi

also, im going to be the best call of duty player when i get this

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 15, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Drav posted:

I thought they fixed it explicitly because it was causing other problems in their code or something.

It was giving people who could do it a major advantage over those who couldn't. Especially in dom and ctf.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
dom is good, tdm is good, kc is good, core is good, hc is good, variety is the spice of life

(except safeguard)

real nap poo poo posted:

nah you can still do it its just harder

i just picked up one of these http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Shooter-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter/dp/B00UKQ8D8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455561895&sr=8-2&keywords=xim4 - reviews claim it works as well as a xim4 for a fraction of the price. just an fyi

also, im going to be the best call of duty player when i get this

how about a mic tho :xd:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just want to say redwood is by far the worst map to play HC TDM on. That's all.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

ill get a mic at some point / find the one i have. half the time when i play i just want to smoke weed and listen to music, been playing with my team muted since day 1. i like bein in party with yall tho. one day you will hear my sultry voice

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 15, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Lol no. Camp A window with an LMG, drop sentries, Cerbs, and Shock/Mines everywhere; wreck everybody.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

no i do not agree w/ this statement

• Locked thread