Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Wait, are those.... feathers I see on drunk duck's head? Is he bald no more? Or is he now just sporting an anatine combover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So I come with a heavy heart to report on the death of noted Tax protester and writer of wonderful cartoon books, Irwin Schiff past away at the end of last year. In prison.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 15, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I know someone else who gets paid to commit crimes. Hate crimes, in his case.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

So I come with a heavy heart to report on the death of noted Tax protester and writer of wonderful cartoon books, Irwin Schiff past away at the end of last year. In prison.

yeah it turns out that the esteemed author of the following works

"Federal Mafia: How It Illegally Imposes and Unlawfully Collects Income Taxes "
"How Anyone Can Stop Paying Income Taxes"
"The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax "
"The Social Security Swindle: How Anyone Can Drop Out"

died during 13 year sentence for tax crimes

what a life

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

NO YOU MOTHERFUCKER IT WOULD HELP AT-RISK YOUTH WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN WITH CRIME ARRRRRGGGGHHH

it's not the federal government you shitfucker I get to vote for my own city council here in DC and we have kids with problems gently caress YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

so angry at a comic that influences nobody

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Disliking the wound is the first step to cleansing it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

tacodaemon posted:

I think what's making you angry is that Tinsley is a sort of Republican Corporal Nobbs and you know he's only saying what roughly half of America is thinking.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah it turns out that the esteemed author of the following works

"Federal Mafia: How It Illegally Imposes and Unlawfully Collects Income Taxes "
"The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax "
"The Social Security Swindle: How Anyone Can Drop Out"

died during 13 year sentence for tax crimes

what a life

The moral of the story is if you're going to commit a crime you probably shouldn't publish a bunch of stuff telling people that you're committing that crime.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The moral of the story is if you're going to commit a crime you probably shouldn't publish a bunch of stuff telling people that you're committing that crime.

It's only a crime if you agree that it's a crime and the courthouse flag has the right trim.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Benly posted:

It's only a crime if you agree that it's a crime and the courthouse flag has the right trim.

And you can always ask for the judge to bribe himself with a fair portion of the 20 million dollars that is in the Federal Reserve account with your true name on it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

alnilam posted:

Is that... Lavrov?

Medvedev

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

tacodaemon posted:

New thread title.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Geostomp posted:

New thread title.

Anger is an influence

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

MrUnderbridge posted:

I know Niven isn't high literature, and he can be a little "golly-gee technology's great!" at times, but never to this level.

As much as I love Larry Niven, he definitely hits that level distressingly often. Most of his books are usually straightforward, probably thanks to good editors, but when he teams up with someone that feeds into his political side poo poo gets ugly fast. Check out Fallen Angels for a good example, Pournelle can really bring out the worst in him when he wants to.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Worked for OJ.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Somfin posted:

And you can always ask for the judge to bribe himself with a fair portion of the 20 million dollars that is in the Federal Reserve account with your true name on it.

I wonder what would piss off a judge more - the implication that he would take a bribe, or that the bribe offered is fantasy money.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marty works fast!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Marty works fast!

Yes Marty, it's the Democrats that immediately went to twitter the second the news broke and said they would be obstructionists. :rolleyes:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I like this piece that accompanies an article on pot legalization in this week's Economist. Dave Simonds.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Yes Marty, it's the Democrats that immediately went to twitter the second the news broke and said they would be obstructionists. :rolleyes:

I can forgive Marty having a "the whole government is assholes, both sides are bad!" perspective given that he's very much coming from a native american point of view. I have to imagine it's hard for native american to think of it as "their" government even though they can vote, and the government as a whole is consistently terrible to them.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

alnilam posted:

I can forgive Marty having a "the whole government is assholes, both sides are bad!" perspective given that he's very much coming from a native american point of view. I have to imagine it's hard for native american to think of it as "their" government even though they can vote, and the government as a whole is consistently terrible to them.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Marty for the most part, but the truth in the middle bullshit really needs to stop.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

alnilam posted:

Hm I wonder if there's been one candidate this election cycle that's already been meeting with native leaders and trying to incorporate their struggles into his platform. (Its Bernie)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Uh, yeah. They do. Your point, BoK?

(Oh, I know, it's: Booga booga Al Sharpton booga!)

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog introduces our new Deputy Prime Minister:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

alnilam posted:

I like this piece that accompanies an article on pot legalization in this week's Economist. Dave Simonds.

Sultry Surgeon and Confused Tax guy are my favorite Supreme Court justice members

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's Monday!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

seiferguy posted:

It's Monday!

I was afraid I had missed some terrible news until I saw the hourglass.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

seiferguy posted:

It's Monday!

I don't know what made him think of this right now but it's hilarious. Bea checking her watch is the best part.

Ward continues to be better at caricatures even when he's drawing a parody than most of these hacks.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog introduces our new Deputy Prime Minister:

Seeing the people in charge of Australia, I can't help but think of Australia as a cheap knock-off of America, when I know perfectly well it is an independent and proud nation with it's own horrible history and opinions.

^^^^^

Think she reviewed Deadpool recently, as Bea Arthur was unavailable due to being dead.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

alnilam posted:

I love the awkward combination of fawning over Betty White while simultaneously mawkishly awaiting her death.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

alnilam posted:

I thought the same thing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

vyelkin posted:

I love the awkward combination of fawning over Betty White while simultaneously mawkishly awaiting her death.

Political cartoonists loooooooove death!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

Uh, yeah. They do. Your point, BoK?

(Oh, I know, it's: Booga booga Al Sharpton booga!)
It's actually "Bernie Sanders only cares about black votes, not black people."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Jay Rust posted:

Marty works fast!

Got a message in my head
That the papers had all come
Justice Scalia is dead
And the 'toons are comin' on

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

seiferguy posted:

It's Monday!

i don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
She's old

• Locked thread