Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Houle posted:

I'm thinking of giving away 5IV pokemon for Pokemon20

I'm thinking of Charmanders because I saw today I still had my Charizard from gen1 https://twitter.com/WhattheHoule/status/698684879458861056 Though if I do that I have to give them my Charizard's moveset of Cut, Strength, Fire Blast, and FireSpin. Any recommendations? Maybe Clefairy because it was the original mascot.

That thing better know Cut, Ember, Fire Spin, and Flamethrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Flopsy posted:

I appreciate it! I have some spare shinies on hand if you'd like one.

Last I tried it told me your account couldn't receive pm's but I'll try again later.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have Mew codes! I only have 2, but I'd like to trade them for something. I'm not trying to aim high or get anything remotely "on par" but I just want some cool event Pokes or something. Bonus points if it's a Japanese event.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

LODGE NORTH posted:

I have Mew codes! I only have 2, but I'd like to trade them for something. I'm not trying to aim high or get anything remotely "on par" but I just want some cool event Pokes or something. Bonus points if it's a Japanese event.

I got the Pokeball/Fancy pattern Vivillon, Pikachu with Surf and Hold Hands, Pikachu with Fly, Victini with V-Create, Manaphy, Celebi, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect. I also have some event shinies, and most of what I've mentioned are Japanese events. I'd very gladly trade any one of these for a Mew code.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How Ingratiating! posted:

I got the Pokeball/Fancy pattern Vivillon, Pikachu with Surf and Hold Hands, Pikachu with Fly, Victini with V-Create, Manaphy, Celebi, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect. I also have some event shinies, and most of what I've mentioned are Japanese events. I'd very gladly trade any one of these for a Mew code.

What are the levels of the Vivillon, Flying Pikachu, and Victini?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

LODGE NORTH posted:

What are the levels of the Vivillon, Flying Pikachu, and Victini?

All Vivillon are 12, Flying Pikachu is 50, and Victini is 50.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ruggington posted:

Step 1. Go to the pokemon showdown website
Step 2. Make a team of stupid bullshit with vague synergy
Step 3. Laugh when my dumb things win
I found the secret

play on the anything goes tier for maximum laughter

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bradybunch posted:

Last I tried it told me your account couldn't receive pm's but I'll try again later.

Sorry I wasn't online at the time let me know when you're on alright? My IGN is Soledad and my FC is: 3582-9673-0339. I have a shiny greninja with protean and 6 IV and two shiny flabebe with different flowers.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

ign is Kate and FC is 2767 0397 6463.

still cant pm you on SA

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

My experience with EV Training went as follows:

1. Play Pokémon X with the Pokémon I caught in-game.

2. Discover their stats are terrible and get rid of them.

3. Spend, like, 300+ hours breeding, EV Training, etc. since this was the only game I had on 3DS at this point.

4. Find out I did it wrong.

5. Breed everything AGAIN.

6. Finally have great Pokémon.

7. Realize it's the end of the game and I have nothing to do with them. Die a little inside.

8. Make eggs for themed AS runs.

9. Complain online that AS is too easy while using EV Trained Pokémon.

10. Have nothing to do in the postgame.

11. Breed and EV Train some more.

12. Finally have boxes of awesome Pokémon I have nothing to do with.

13. Ponder where my life went out of control.

Now you go on wifi with your awesome pokemon and watch them get brutally crushed again and again and again by seemingly psychic Japanese people who know exactly what move you're going to use even when you just start using poo poo at random.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
So I've been enjoying playing Battle Tests a lot, since it's a lot shorter and less depressing than the Battle Maison.

I normally just play to win all 5 battles since I'm not very good, but I finally got Master Rank Singles with Spinda, Gorebyss, and Clefable (6097 points).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Bible posted:

Now you go on wifi with your awesome pokemon and watch them get brutally crushed again and again and again by seemingly psychic Japanese people who know exactly what move you're going to use even when you just start using poo poo at random.

This has not been my experience. I do quite well on wifi battles. What happens to me is I'm doing well, and my rear end in a top hat opponent flicks their wireless switch, disconnecting the match and denying me the ability to save a battle video! :argh:

It has happened to me so many times I started keeping track of which of my Pokemon was out when it happened, to see if I could find a pattern. So far, my Vaporeon has caused the most ragequits.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Chieves posted:

That thing better know Cut, Ember, Fire Spin, and Flamethrower.

Cut, Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast.
Nuh-uh, it was the most awesome thing ever. Same as RBY Hitmonchan with Ice, Fire, Thunder, and Mega Punch.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Silver Falcon posted:

This has not been my experience. I do quite well on wifi battles. What happens to me is I'm doing well, and my rear end in a top hat opponent flicks their wireless switch, disconnecting the match and denying me the ability to save a battle video! :argh:

It has happened to me so many times I started keeping track of which of my Pokemon was out when it happened, to see if I could find a pattern. So far, my Vaporeon has caused the most ragequits.

I've only ever done an online battle once. Some internet rando challenged me and I was bored with whatever I was doing in lategame X, so I went for it. It was probably a kid based on having Yveltal in their lineup (though I had Xerneas so who the hell knows). I ended up wiping the floor with them twice. I felt bad, so I went and caught an X-exclusive 'mon for them and traded it over. :unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Bible posted:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bradybunch posted:

ign is Kate and FC is 2767 0397 6463.

still cant pm you on SA

? I have a extremely basic account so maybe I don't have it? I dunno man all I do is log in I don't use any other features.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I don't know if maybe cancelling an Eevee evolving into Espeon means it won't evolve into Umbreon or something? But I ditched that Eevee that I was trying to evolve for two days, and just bred a new one.

New one evolved into Umbreon with little trouble. Super weird!

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331092036

if ledian was faster it would almost be a pokemon

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So this is a thing...

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/699068347485282308

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So they're saying it's an actual Legendary this time, unlike, well, pretty much every new Pokemon we see first of a generation, since Gen 2. Interesting.

The name is kinda dumb and also awkward to say, but it wouldn't be Pokemon without puns.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

I am Reverend posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-331092036

if ledian was faster it would almost be a pokemon

I really like your Pinsir's name

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crosspeice posted:

So they're saying it's an actual Legendary this time, unlike, well, pretty much every new Pokemon we see first of a generation, since Gen 2. Interesting.

The name is kinda dumb and also awkward to say, but it wouldn't be Pokemon without puns.

How do you say that? Ma-gear-na? Aside from having the word "gear" in it, how is it a pun?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Mage-arna

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ah. So it is part Fairy to fit the magical theme.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Super Mario Maker put in the 3 Kanto starters as costumes, with taunts and victory music even. But all the old pokemon costumes still use the default sounds.

drat it game freak, you were soo close.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Ah. So it is part Fairy to fit the magical theme.

Mismagius

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Should totally be part fairy, good point

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Twitch Plays Pokémon is at it again if anyone is interested. Although this time they're playing something pretty cool; a custom romhacked version of Crystal with, among other things:
    *All 251 pokemon obtainable in game
    *Modified story where you start in kanto instead and your character choices are people who look a lot like Gold and the original unused design of the gen 1 girl, Blue. The other one even becomes your rival!
    *Physical/special split
    *A less idiotic AI which might actually do things like switching
The most exciting thing here might be that the hack will be publicly released as soon as twitch manages to complete it. I'm really looking forward to that, I haven't played a gen 2 game in ages and this would be a great excuse.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Ma-Gear-Na

Like 'machina', but with a soft G rather than a hard K.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Twitch Plays Pokémon is at it again if anyone is interested. Although this time they're playing something pretty cool; a custom romhacked version of Crystal with, among other things:
    *All 251 pokemon obtainable in game
    *Modified story where you start in kanto instead and your character choices are people who look a lot like Gold and the original unused design of the gen 1 girl, Blue. The other one even becomes your rival!
    *Physical/special split
    *A less idiotic AI which might actually do things like switching
The most exciting thing here might be that the hack will be publicly released as soon as twitch manages to complete it. I'm really looking forward to that, I haven't played a gen 2 game in ages and this would be a great excuse.

what the gently caress happened to the layout

this is a loving nightmare

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol drat that's seriously bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What the gently caress am I even looking at.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Are they playing Pokemon Pinball too in the corner?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ruggington posted:

what the gently caress happened to the layout

this is a loving nightmare

Here's how to watch it: cover about the bottom eighth of the stream with tape. And magically, all the useless information is removed.

There's, let's see, a game of Pokemon Pinball going on, a game of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (you know, in case the main game gets boring), a scrolling ticker with with poo poo like top posts from the subreddit, stream stats, donations...

But really, all of that is at the bottom and completely ignorable.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/699041795422953472?ref_src=twsrc

Detective Pikachu localization confirmed

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maybe it's because I check in on tpp every once in a while but I'm totally used to the layout and I like it.

https://youtu.be/0Jddd0TI4Mg

Also we got new support pokemon in pokken.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 15, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mabels big day posted:

Also we got new support pokemon in pokken.

Another 6 from gen I and II. Dumb bias, give the other gens some more love Bamco.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Is there a way to search GTS for people who want a specific pokemon I wish to trade and I see what they've deposited? Because that seems useful.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

Is there a way to search GTS for people who want a specific pokemon I wish to trade and I see what they've deposited? Because that seems useful.

I don't think so. Unless I'm dumb all I can do is search for ones I want or deposit something I want to trade and request something for it. Pretty basic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope Detective Pikachu gets a Godot like rival, one who just has it out for him for super complicated reasons

• Locked thread