Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Raposa posted:

If the Strawhats went around crowing about being the ones to take down Crocodile, how they successfully assaulted Enies Lobby and their captain broke into and out of Impel Down, with the help of two Shichibukai no less, the Marines would be embarrassed into putting their all into capturing or killing them.

With that said its not as if their fan club is the world news or anything, I could see flashback style story time.

But Sengoku basically aired all of this dirty laundry already at Marineford by talking up Luffy as the son of Dragon, etc with the Shabondy cameras rolling. The Fakehats were riding on the Strawhats' coattails because this info became public knowledge. Demaro Black (the Luffy impersonator) was rattling off these exploits before Sentomarou bashed his head in with his axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

But Sengoku basically aired all of this dirty laundry already at Marineford by talking up Luffy as the son of Dragon, etc with the Shabondy cameras rolling. The Fakehats were riding on the Strawhats' coattails because this info became public knowledge. Demaro Black (the Luffy impersonator) was rattling off these exploits before Sentomarou bashed his head in with his axe.

Nobody still knows that Alabasta was saved by the Strawhats or that the only reason Enis Lobby got rekt is that a hosed up idiot World Government official called in the Marines to blow it up. Also no one knows that Luffy broke into Impel Down and was running the table for a while. Or that they beat up Moria and uncovered Mango's treasonous actions on their own.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Dressrosa arc has lacked the impact Arabasta had, for me at least. Arabasta felt like an enormous and living country whereas Dressrosa is one midsized town appatently. They also spent a long time in Arabasta it wasn't a day or two visit where all events occurred on a really short timeline.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

The Dressrosa arc has lacked the impact Arabasta had, for me at least. Arabasta felt like an enormous and living country whereas Dressrosa is one midsized town appatently. They also spent a long time in Arabasta it wasn't a day or two visit where all events occurred on a really short timeline.

Alabasta had the best filler too; wandering around the desert with Ace, riding sand boards and teaming up with Desert Pirates :black101:

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Gyges posted:

Nobody still knows that Alabasta was saved by the Strawhats or that the only reason Enis Lobby got rekt is that a hosed up idiot World Government official called in the Marines to blow it up. Also no one knows that Luffy broke into Impel Down and was running the table for a while. Or that they beat up Moria and uncovered Mango's treasonous actions on their own.

The cactus head bounty hunter talked like it was common knowledge that Luffy broke into Impel Down and broke a bunch of people out with him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="455758080"]
The cactus head bounty hunter talked like it was common knowledge that Luffy broke into Impel Down and broke a bunch of people out with him.

I'm sure the people he broke out bragged about it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="455758080"]

Everyone knows he broke out with a bunch of other prisoners. However with Crocodile, Jimbe, and Ivankov there it's highly unlikely that everyone assumed it was all his idea and he in fact lead the insurrection. Or that he and his posse basically wrecked every level of the place.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Legendary Pirate Buggy is the one who broke everyone out of Impel Down though. He was an equal to Red Hair Shanks after all.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

True, that's part of how he became a Warlord after all!

Seriously they should do like a 10-12 episode filler arc of Buggy the Warlord and his gang.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I would absolutely love that to be honest. The Foxy arc was excellent imo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
A back-to-back filler arc of Barto Club and Warlord Buggy would be the best and would maybe even redeem this arc.

I just want some goofy adventures and shenanigans again, even if for just a little bit.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

I would absolutely love that to be honest. The Foxy arc was excellent imo.

The Foxy arc, the Foxy filler arc, or the Foxy movie?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ryaomon posted:

remember when they actually had a good opportunity for filler during the Paramount War Arc and it was just running around and screaming AAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!

yeah

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'd down as gently caress for some sweet Barto Club filler time. They're hilarious.

:same:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-2pNWspRo

Back when the anime was still good and something to look forward to in bringing the manga to life. :sigh:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just got to God Usopp. I'm so happy

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Fruit powers getting awakened is the dumbest thing. What would the equivalent be for Luffy? Maybe that's just doflamingos version and we're actually seeing the equivalent for Luffy with his third gear.

Edit: Sorry I suck at posting. Fixed the spoiler

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 8, 2016

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Fruit powers getting
is the dumbest thing. What would the equivalent be for Luffy? Maybe that's just doflamingos version and we're actually seeing the equivalent for Luffy with his third gear.

We in the manga thread have decided Luffy's awoken fruit turns his surroundings into a bouncy castle.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Crazyeyes posted:

We in the manga thread have decided Luffy's awoken fruit turns his surroundings into a bouncy castle.

Something like that, yeah. It would give Luffy a way to stall his opponent during the post-Gear Fourth cooldown.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The North Korean missile launch delayed One Piece for a week? LOL what? Is this real life?

gently caress you, Kim Jong-Un! :argh:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

Something like that, yeah. It would give Luffy a way to stall his opponent during the post-Gear Fourth cooldown.

That's a silly use. It gives him a way to have even more awesome parties.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The North Korean missile launch delayed One Piece for a week? LOL what? Is this real life?

Is that really the reason? It can't be right?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
good riddance

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 7, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Asuron posted:

Is that really the reason? It can't be right?

Apparently the emergency broadcast happened right in the middle of the new One Piece episode in Japan, and since time slots are incredibly hard to get and valuable in Japan it's being delayed until next week.

So, yeah, One Piece alone got screwed over.

My Japanese kids cartoon... :qq:

e:

A more realistic depiction of Gear Fourth.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 7, 2016

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

A more realistic depiction of Gear Fourth.
Maybe fifth gear is Luffy swallowing someone up like Kirby and having their powers.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Maybe fifth gear is Luffy swallowing someone up like Kirby and having their powers.

Sooo filler giant girl Luffy?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just watched up to the end of Law's backstory. I'm so sad now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RC Cola posted:

I just watched up to the end of Law's backstory. I'm so sad now.

Corazon... :cry:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Sad backstories I'd go Law, Robin, Brook, Nami, Franky, Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Usopp

Corazon was the best

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RC Cola posted:

Sad backstories I'd go Law, Robin, Brook, Nami, Franky, Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Usopp

Corazon was the best

Kid Law having to escape his home country and flee from persecution under a pile of corpses was pretty brutal even by One Piece standards. :smith: :stare:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I estimate 5 minutes of plot advancement in this episode. MAYBE

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Luffy only needs 10 minutes to restore his haki. That means we'll be getting back into the action before the end of the next episode, right?

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

Luffy only needs 10 minutes to restore his haki. That means we'll be getting back into the action before the end of the next episode, right?

Yep! Just like planet Namek only took 5 minutes to blow- oh wait...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
https://a.pomf.cat/onsdos.webm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Nah, more like 10 episodes.

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

so i had seen episodes of this here and there over the years, but i finally decided to sit down and watch some of the show

so i started at episode one

this is gonna take me a while

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

so i had seen episodes of this here and there over the years, but i finally decided to sit down and watch some of the show

so i started at episode one

this is gonna take me a while

post updates

not, like, every episode, but every significant event at least

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Catching up shouldn't take too long if you watch several episodes per session, skipping the Intro, Catch-Up and Outro.

There are some sets of episodes which can be safely skipped, such as the alt-universe ones set in ancient Japan and the cross promo ones like Luffy vs Goku. I can't remember the ep numbers for those so you'll need to look them up.

While you could skip the anime-exclusive filler I don't recommend this as most of it's decent.

If you want to concentrate your viewing they've done a few films which are essentially important plot arcs boiled down to a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

There are some sets of episodes which can be safely skipped

And some which are safe only if skipped (and then maybe returned to [I like the filler {for the most part <more brackets just because>}]).
I'll just say this: despite Zoro cutting up some metal thing in one of the filler episodes, his inability to cut metal is a part of plot points at some points after this. Just in case you get confused like I was. I think I'm vague enough that this is more of an anti-spoiler hopefully.
I don't think the filler contradicts the canon at any other point, unless someone else knows something?

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 15, 2016