Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SirPhoebos posted:

The T9 music is really boss, and I encourage everyone to check it out at least once.

So when does 3.2 go live?

On the 23rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Belzac posted:

A character laughed in a video game. Kefka confirmed.

I say that every time I play Duck Hunt.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SilverSupernova posted:

I say that every time I play Duck Hunt.

That fukken dog confirmed

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

That fukken dog confirmed

I am now curious about how they would handle Duck Hunt mechanics in That loving Dog (Extreme).

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Thundarr posted:

I am now curious about how they would handle Duck Hunt mechanics in That loving Dog (Extreme).

It'll be the unbeatable boss fight that many are jerking themselves off to at night, with an instant Enrage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Thundarr posted:

A normal hunting dog looking primal that summons a bunch of bird ADDs sounds like an awesome boss battle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dogsong.mp43 plays in the background

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 15, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

dogsong.mp4 plays in the background

Only for phase 1. Phase 2 is just the laughing sound effect on repeat and nothing else.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

Only for phase 1. Phase 2 is just the laughing sound effect on repeat and nothing else.

The laugh should only play when someone dies, but in the end it's the same I suppose.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
when do we get to fight hydaelyn

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Farg posted:

when do we get to fight hydaelyn

When the blood trickles down to her.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I hope the final battle of the game is with Minfilia in the Waking Sands. No mechanics except that she randomly teleports party members to random distant locations and they have to run back without teleporting.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Well you also need an enrage timer so the only way to win is to get lucky with teleport RNG.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I typically give commendations to DPS as long as they aren't standing in AEs while I'm healing them. I told my PUG friend this and he nearly cried at how thoughtful this was.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I'll eat an AoE occasionally cause I have Second Wind and its usually enough to put me back at full, if not close enough.

Also loving Progenitor in Pharos Hard will always drop Sap at my feet while I'm locked in Ranged LB to take out the last set of gray bombs so the other three can stay on her. :argh:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mayor McCheese posted:

I typically give commendations to DPS as long as they aren't standing in AEs while I'm healing them. I told my PUG friend this and he nearly cried at how thoughtful this was.

Yeah, as a healer if I am actually paying much attention, I generally give my commendation to the better of the two DPS. If neither stood out, I'll give it to the tank. On times where I'm just sleepwalking through, I'll just give it to whoever is least annoying.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tier V materia will be added to Void Ark rewards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45y415/materia_v_will_be_added_to_void_ark_rewards_in_32/

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Skaw posted:

I'll eat an AoE occasionally cause I have Second Wind and its usually enough to put me back at full, if not close enough.

Also loving Progenitor in Pharos Hard will always drop Sap at my feet while I'm locked in Ranged LB to take out the last set of gray bombs so the other three can stay on her. :argh:

You can typically gauge good DPS being mindful of their surroundings, pop a SW becuase you need to burn, and those who are asleep at the wheel face rolling, eating nearly every AE. You can spot the jackass that's done this dungeon a million times, they know that they will survive a cleave to the face, but are expecting heals because they can't be bothered to move. It's the DPS that make me play piano in a leveling dungeon that can gently caress off.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I've been leveling my drg and I just wanted to apologize to all of the healers.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Yoshi-P goes to do one of the expert dungeons; viewers vote for Saint Mocianne's Arboretum. He mentions that in the first boss fight (Rose Garden), the spinning breath mechanic originally applied to the little morbols as well

gwahahaha, that would've been a treat

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm the guy that eats AoE attacks as DPS and heal myself up back to full just before the healer has finished casting their heals on me so they rage extra hard

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lokipunk posted:

I've been leveling my drg and I just wanted to apologize to all of the healers.

Nothing like turning on B4B then using jump while standing in an AOE that you've pretty much locked yourself into.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ilifinicus posted:

I'm the guy that eats AoE attacks as DPS and heal myself up back to full just before the healer has finished casting their heals on me so they rage extra hard

Better you than the wanker that eats everything and takes no part in their self-preservation.

Case in point: MNKs that stance dance during unavoidable damage. Instacommend.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Nothing like turning on B4B then using jump while standing in an AOE that you've pretty much locked yourself into.

That and elusive jump off the titan platform. I have slightly more sympathy for loldrgs now.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are the servers going down at all tonight?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

gwahahaha, that would've been a treat

Come on, quote the entire thing

quote:

Yoshi-P goes to do one of the expert dungeons; viewers vote for Saint Mocianne's Arboretum. He mentions that in the first boss fight (Rose Garden), the spinning breath mechanic originally applied to the little morbols as well, plus the direction of the spinning was random. While test-playing it the team wiped 4 times.

I hope they were all in the same office so a play tester could go drag the level designer over and sit him down at the healer's computer. :lol:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I swear on day 0 the small morbols did spin? I remember getting puked on by one of them as a BLM, because I figured "heh, no orange, I'm safe here".

I was very confused a couple months later when I did it again and they didn't.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think that may be more due to the hosed up indicators that they fixed in a later patch?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Entirely possible. I only ran it on patch day and then not at all for like 2 months, so I likely remember wrong.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Verranicus posted:

Are the servers going down at all tonight?

Maybe to fix a hacking black mage who has a cast speed of 2.0? https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45wsu4/huge_blm_cast_speed_exploit_discovered_someone/ lmao.

TL;DR: Impossible cast speed for current gear allowing unconventional rotation in raid and much higher DPS, either through some exploit or hack.

People are speculating cheat engine.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Better you than the wanker that eats everything and takes no part in their self-preservation.

Case in point: MNKs that stance dance during unavoidable damage. Instacommend.

That's why you play MCH because they can't self-persevere anyway!

As a BRD question, when do you take the time to drop a song? Is it whenever your MP's full, or when boss is below a certain %, or when you have no buffs ticking away or something? I mean it'll be a case by case basis but it's more like 'oh hey, I guess I can drop Foe's but will I be better off taking that 3 seconds to do more DPS instead'.

I guess you can also relate that question to Battle Voice - I'm assuming you'd prefer to drop it when the boss is near dead than at the beginning?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

I usually make a point of putting up Foe's just before the fight starts, and popping battle voice immediately since that's the most likely time your caster DPS (if any) will have their cooldowns available as well to make it more effective. In fight usage is either A: I'm full on MP and my cooldowns are down anyway or B: The boss just became unattackable I might as well fill the dead time casting Foe's.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

ApplesandOranges posted:

That's why you play MCH because they can't self-persevere anyway!

As a BRD question, when do you take the time to drop a song? Is it whenever your MP's full, or when boss is below a certain %, or when you have no buffs ticking away or something? I mean it'll be a case by case basis but it's more like 'oh hey, I guess I can drop Foe's but will I be better off taking that 3 seconds to do more DPS instead'.

I guess you can also relate that question to Battle Voice - I'm assuming you'd prefer to drop it when the boss is near dead than at the beginning?

Remember that your healer will always benefit from foe's if they're marginally competent so you should totally open every fight with a BV foe's (sing before pull obviously).

Basically the only time you shouldn't be singing is if you have no casters and your healer is a non-funhaver, but if you're at full mp and no one needs a song then you should sing foes always. As a WHM in a dungeon alone I think I can gain like 50 dps on a fight which makes a big difference to your healers ego and will make them love you.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Are there any interesting side quests in Azys Lla that go into the lore and history of the place?

Also is there anywhere online to read the books that were in the library dungeon?

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 16, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

theblackw0lf posted:

Are there any interesting side quests in Azys Lla that go into the lore and history of the place?

Also is there anywhere online to read the books that were in the library dungeon?

One of the Azys Lla fishing logs reveals that Lalafell are Allagan vermin.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Smart Car posted:

I usually make a point of putting up Foe's just before the fight starts, and popping battle voice immediately since that's the most likely time your caster DPS (if any) will have their cooldowns available as well to make it more effective. In fight usage is either A: I'm full on MP and my cooldowns are down anyway or B: The boss just became unattackable I might as well fill the dead time casting Foe's.

Yep, always open a boss with Battle Voiced Foe's. After that, try and fit it in again in about 3 minutes, as thats when any Summoners or Black Mages should have their Raging Strikes coming back and are ready to burn hard again. Other than that, use it during any kind of invincibility downtime if you have the MP to spare.

edited cause I'm dumb and forget traits

Skaw fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 16, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What about saving mana for singing Army or Mage? I'm a more or less freshly 60 Bard too, and still learning nuance.

For that matter does anyone have any advice re: opener or general oGCD priority? When two or more oGCDs are up I just tend to pick one to mash first and that's probably not effective :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ciaphas posted:

What about saving mana for singing Army or Mage? I'm a more or less freshly 60 Bard too, and still learning nuance.

For that matter does anyone have any advice re: opener or general oGCD priority? When two or more oGCDs are up I just tend to pick one to mash first and that's probably not effective :(

TP song is best used in large AOE pulls with another physical DPS and/or a WAR tank. In big fights with a caster and/or a healer actually DPSing most of the time you're better off BVing with foes to match other classes big cooldowns. The fights aren't really long enough outside of raid tier fights to need mp or tp and that will be a specific part of the strategy for that fight.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Also, SMN doesn't consume much MP and BLM alternates between massive MP consumption/regeneration. I found some posts from 2013 that suggest that Mage's lets you do a somewhat more effective AoE rotation (Fire 3 -> Flare -> immediately Blizzard 3 as opposed to Fire 3 -> Flare -> Transpose) but I have no clue if that's still true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

For opener, I just do huge initial burst. Pre-pull do Foe's Battle Voice, then roll in to Quelling, Barrage, Hawk's, Raging, BfB, blast out a huge barraged Empyreal Arrow(Hopefully Tank has at least done something at this point,) Internal Release, Straight Shot, Bloodletter/Rain of Death, Wind Bite, Flaming Arrow, Venombite, Repelling Shot and Sidewinder while stuck in the forced move, Heavy Shot/Quick Nock and then Blunt Arrow if you don't need it saved for mechanics. After that it's pretty safe to just use everything as it becomes available and Heavy Shot/Quick Nock when there isn't anything to do, just maintain DoTs and Straight Shot. I tend to hold Blood For Blood for a bit until Barrage and Hawk's Eye are closer to coming off cooldown for another boosted Empyreal Arrow barrage.

For Thordan EX you can pretty much do this at every major phase change, minus the Battle Voice.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 16, 2016

• Locked thread