Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Don't scan belts, they're worth literally nothing. Being out in the galaxy you'll find plenty of poo poo to put your name on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

At some point I want access to both the Cutter and the Corvette, because the Cutter is a beautiful space truckin' dream. But it remains to be seen if I have the stamina to reach the required rank for either, let alone both, and for the actual combat role they're supposedly designed for... that vette. :swoon: You're too right about the grind, I seriously hosed myself by grinding Chief Petty Officer for the FAS first. Now that I know how fast donations missions go the Imperial rep sources are loving agonizing.

I'm still planning to take a Cutter out exploring if the next patch doesn't bring a better ship. I even accidentally fell into the rank for the Cutter months ago, so the only thing I need is 300 million credits for the ship +fit and at least one rebuy.

If I sell all the ships I own I have maybe 1/3rd of this, so you probably have a Cutter faster than me, moneygrinding just puts me off.

Still, while I'm preparing to go visit some more black holes with my Asp over the next weeks, I'm still hoping Frontier adds something, anything larger than the Asp into the explorer-line.

But if not I really will go with option "C", even if I have to grind (shudder) some money to do this.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Libluini posted:

I'm still planning to take a Cutter out exploring if the next patch doesn't bring a better ship. I even accidentally fell into the rank for the Cutter months ago, so the only thing I need is 300 million credits for the ship +fit and at least one rebuy.

If I sell all the ships I own I have maybe 1/3rd of this, so you probably have a Cutter faster than me, moneygrinding just puts me off.

Still, while I'm preparing to go visit some more black holes with my Asp over the next weeks, I'm still hoping Frontier adds something, anything larger than the Asp into the explorer-line.

But if not I really will go with option "C", even if I have to grind (shudder) some money to do this.

Even if they do add something bigger to the Asp line, I'd still take a cutter if it could be made into a decent explorer. Fly in style, baby.

How the hell did you accidentally achieve Duke rank? :stare:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Even if they do add something bigger to the Asp line, I'd still take a cutter if it could be made into a decent explorer. Fly in style, baby.

How the hell did you accidentally achieve Duke rank? :stare:

Long story. Back in Spring/Summer 2015, I told Frontier I couldn't seem to make any progress in getting rank-up missions. Since there was no progress bar to tell us how close you were to the next rank, we were all basically flailing around in the dark.

At the time I wanted to get to "Master" to fly a Courier and after being just two steps away from it for weeks, I had grown frustrated and reported this as a bug. As I pointed out in my bug report, I seemed to get rank-up missions for the Feds, even though I was doing Imperial missions all the time. And I had gotten stuck on my Imperial rank seemingly for no reason.

I honestly believed there was some kind of bug, especially after I got two Imperial rank-up missions and both didn't actually gave me a higher rank. It looked I really was stuck.

So Frontier apparently did something to "unstuck" me and I suddenly got the rank-up missions for Master-rank in just two days. I stopped complaining and stopped thinking about the matter.

Now fast forward to the patch where we were suddenly allowed to see how close we were to the next rank: Suddenly I noticed my progress bar for the Empire was already at 100%. So I wandered around a bit and ranked up. The progress bar was still stuck at 100%. I got suspicious, but thought that maybe all my earlier grinding had somehow created a huge backlog of standing or something. I forgot about this again.

Then I started to grind standing for the Feds to get a Federal Assault Ship and it was like pulling teeth again. I made slow as gently caress progress and every time even a single Empire faction was in a system I was grinding Fed-ranks in, they offered me Imperial rank-ups instead. Just by occasionally taking one of those, I shot up from Master to Duke while only getting barely the three steps up to Chief Petty Officer (the rank for the FAS).

Now I'm Duke and can buy a Cutter and the progress bar is still stuck at 100%. In short, I did tons and tons of Federal missions and the Empire rewarded me generously for my duty. :shepface:

Edit:

From now on, please call me the Duke of Hazres. :smugbird:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 15, 2016

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
^I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick a DBX inside my explor'vette when they let us put ships inside other ships. I'll take that mess to the core, where it's hobbled jump range wont be an issue.

I ended up with this. It's as disaster proof as I could afford, only thing I can't fix is hull damage. I'm just under the 33.4ly minimum jump range to make the last leg of the trip, but I'll have plenty of time to scratch up materials for a jump boost before then. And yeah, if I'm spending months flying 64k ly and back, I'm putting my name on some poo poo. Scan ALL the belts :derp:

I don't think I've flown either eagle honestly, the NPC ones shred like paper so in my early days I hopped straight into a viper. Will definitely check out the iggle when I come back, I was enjoying my Courier and it sounds like a high-octane edition of same.

At some point I want access to both the Cutter and the Corvette, because the Cutter is a beautiful space truckin' dream. But it remains to be seen if I have the stamina to reach the required rank for either, let alone both, and for the actual combat role they're supposedly designed for... that vette. :swoon: You're too right about the grind, I seriously hosed myself by grinding Chief Petty Officer for the FAS first. Now that I know how fast donations missions go the Imperial rep sources are loving agonizing.

If you're going to do planetary landings, I would really recommend the maximum, A-rated thrusters. With 4Ds, you will be crashing on even low-g worlds.

I would also recommend swapping one of the AMFUs for cargo or more fuel, in case you want to rescue thargoids or whatever, and dropping 2 of the heatsinks. Honestly, you could probably get rid of 3 now that you can also build more repair/heatsink ammo with your SRV.

So, something more like this. I suppose you can throw a heatsink on there if you are nervous about it, but more than one seems silly if you have an SRV. It's only 3 million more, but will suit you much better if you're heading way out into the black. You'll have to burn your tank down to make the last few jumps out to Beagle, but like you said: you should have found some go-go-juice by then.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

^I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick a DBX inside my explor'vette when they let us put ships inside other ships. I'll take that mess to the core, where it's hobbled jump range wont be an issue.

If you're going to do planetary landings, I would really recommend the maximum, A-rated thrusters. With 4Ds, you will be crashing on even low-g worlds.

A trick I learned while flying around with D-grade thrusters: If you notice you're going down too fast after leaving orbital cruise, turn your ship 90° to the ground and burn your thrusters at 100% until you've burned enough speed to land safely . As a measure of last resort, use boosts if the gravitiy is pulling you down too fast.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Libluini posted:

Now I'm Duke and can buy a Cutter and the progress bar is still stuck at 100%. In short, I did tons and tons of Federal missions and the Empire rewarded me generously for my duty. :shepface:

Edit:

From now on, please call me the Duke of Hazres. :smugbird:

You lucky son of a bitch. Take that poo poo all the way to King before they fix it!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I would also recommend swapping one of the AMFUs for cargo or more fuel, in case you want to rescue thargoids or whatever, and dropping 2 of the heatsinks. Honestly, you could probably get rid of 3 now that you can also build more repair/heatsink ammo with your SRV.

So, something more like this. I suppose you can throw a heatsink on there if you are nervous about it, but more than one seems silly if you have an SRV. It's only 3 million more, but will suit you much better if you're heading way out into the black. You'll have to burn your tank down to make the last few jumps out to Beagle, but like you said: you should have found some go-go-juice by then.

I piled on heat sinks because this being my first trip, I fully expect to make neutron star mistakes. I triple checked the in-game list of recipes you can synthesize, and heat sinks weren't on it, only weapon and AFMU ammo. Did I miss something? Edit: googling seems to confirm that you can't synthesize heat sinks, so I'm keeping those out of paranoia.

Edit edit: I am a dumbass, you were right about everything else, current build. Excited to take off tonight!

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 15, 2016

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hey, I bought this with the kickstarter but I am just starting the game. I would like some advice on goals and what to work towards. I started with A Federal Eagle and 50k credits, and I am now down to 36 or so.

I have basically been playing for a few hours and have annihilated myself in many new and interesting ways. Took about a half dozen deaths to figure out fuel scoops. I still can't seem to find a way to judge the difficulty of enemies or contracts in relation to me and basically die half the time I go into space. Am I missing some gauge of enemy strength? Are some stars just higher difficulty than others?

I can;t find anything in game that tells me how much better one laser or any weapon system is compared to another, nor what any of the ship upgrades are actually going to tangibly do for me. What ship components should I try to get to not get annihilated in combat. I completed the combat tutorials and passed them easily but I just seem lost and the new player guides I have seen don't seem to address these points.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

BitBasher posted:

Hey, I bought this with the kickstarter but I am just starting the game. I would like some advice on goals and what to work towards. I started with A Federal Eagle and 50k credits, and I am now down to 36 or so.

I have basically been playing for a few hours and have annihilated myself in many new and interesting ways. Took about a half dozen deaths to figure out fuel scoops. I still can't seem to find a way to judge the difficulty of enemies or contracts in relation to me and basically die half the time I go into space. Am I missing some gauge of enemy strength? Are some stars just higher difficulty than others?

I can;t find anything in game that tells me how much better one laser or any weapon system is compared to another, nor what any of the ship upgrades are actually going to tangibly do for me. What ship components should I try to get to not get annihilated in combat. I completed the combat tutorials and passed them easily but I just seem lost and the new player guides I have seen don't seem to address these points.

All weapons of the same class and type perform identically, gimballed weapons do a little less damage than their fixed counterparts, turrets IIRC do the same damage per shot as gimballed weapons but only shoot half as fast. Pulse lasers are generally the "best" weapon so if you're not sure what guns to use just put a bunch of pulse lasers on. Burst lasers are undewhelming and beams do a lot of damage but generate a ton of heat and their energy drain-to-damage ratio is very poor which makes them ill suited to situations where you need to shoot for extended periods of time/ships that don't have large power distributors to support them.

Railguns are only useable in pvp because of the low ammo count, multicannons are good to use once the target's shields are down, cannons are kinda meh, frag cannons are brutal if you're in a ship that can get right up against your target.

TL;DR: gimballed pulse lasers are your best option to start off with, don't use burst lasers, beams are situational.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

BitBasher posted:

I completed the combat tutorials and passed them easily

I doubt you passed That Last One with Sidewinder vs waves of Everything, let alone easily.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Groggy nard posted:

I doubt you passed That Last One with Sidewinder vs waves of Everything, let alone easily.

You are right, I got bored and quit at the bottom of the tutorial list. I passed all the instructional ones like landing, basic combat and such.

Astroniomix posted:

don't use burst lasers

That helps, I had burst lasers.

EDIT: Bought Turreted ones instead of Gimballed ones. Now running around looking for Gimballed pulse lasers.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 15, 2016

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

BitBasher posted:

This game will absolutely annihilate you when you're starting off. ~20+ hours in and you will start to get the hang of it.

When you don't know what ships are what it's hard because you'll see a bounty and say, okay, I'll take this guy out, I've done it to plenty of other guys in the same ship, only to go from 100% health to 0% in 5-10 seconds because it turns out the guy wasn't flying one of the weak triangles you were used to shooting but was instead flying the most powerful ship in the game.

I spent a lot of time in the Eagle, it's a good ship for dogfighting because of its turn radius, but it's fragile and you pretty much can not slip up and let any enemies beat you in a turnfight because they only need a couple seconds of fire on you to wipe your shields and most of your hull out. Then, when you realize you're outmatched, you can't escape, because you can't outrun them no matter how hard you boost.

When you get enough money, I suggest going for the Cobra. It's not really a combat ship like some of the others but I've found it to be versatile and I haven't died since I got it. the Upgrading from the Eagle to Cobra is like night and day because the Cobra can haul rear end- it's one of the fastest ships, depending on a few factors. Whereas before you could never outrun hostile NPCs hunting you down in a Sidewinder or Eagle, with the Cobra you can push engines to 100% and hit the boost and get to a safe 4-5 km range easy. Now you have the flexibility to take on bigger ships, if you manage to get lucky and destroy them you can get good money for early in the game, if you realize you can't take them down it's no sweat to fly away at full throttle to safety. You won't be getting interdicted and blown up by dickhead NPCs either, even if you fail to escape interdiction you can just zoom away as soon as you're pulled out of super cruise.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

So I did bounty hunting and earned a couple million. I did a rares-trade circuit to earn another half-million. What's the next fun thing I should do in my Cobra?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Did you enjoy shooting more, or space trucking more?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Akion posted:

Did you enjoy shooting more, or space trucking more?

Shooting. Space trucking was boring. Bounty-hunting is fun enough, but it's already stale. I was considering switching to Fixed guns just to do something different and make it a challenge?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The game is actually really boring unless you can get into the weird meaningless PvP meta-game that the goon group does, because nothing matters and every mission is terrible on the PvE side.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Sylink posted:

The game is actually really boring unless you can get into the weird meaningless PvP meta-game that the goon group does, because nothing matters and every mission is terrible on the PvE side.

Right now I'm all about earning the buckazoids so I get a Fer-de-lance or similarly big expensive ship. So far the best fun to profit ratio is bounty-hunting NPCs as a group while at a RES.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

Shooting. Space trucking was boring. Bounty-hunting is fun enough, but it's already stale. I was considering switching to Fixed guns just to do something different and make it a challenge?

Save up enough for a Vulture.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Bilal posted:

This game will absolutely annihilate you when you're starting off. ~20+ hours in and you will start to get the hang of it.

When you don't know what ships are what it's hard because you'll see a bounty and say, okay, I'll take this guy out, I've done it to plenty of other guys in the same ship, only to go from 100% health to 0% in 5-10 seconds because it turns out the guy wasn't flying one of the weak triangles you were used to shooting but was instead flying the most powerful ship in the game.

I spent a lot of time in the Eagle, it's a good ship for dogfighting because of its turn radius, but it's fragile and you pretty much can not slip up and let any enemies beat you in a turnfight because they only need a couple seconds of fire on you to wipe your shields and most of your hull out. Then, when you realize you're outmatched, you can't escape, because you can't outrun them no matter how hard you boost.

When you get enough money, I suggest going for the Cobra. It's not really a combat ship like some of the others but I've found it to be versatile and I haven't died since I got it. the Upgrading from the Eagle to Cobra is like night and day because the Cobra can haul rear end- it's one of the fastest ships, depending on a few factors. Whereas before you could never outrun hostile NPCs hunting you down in a Sidewinder or Eagle, with the Cobra you can push engines to 100% and hit the boost and get to a safe 4-5 km range easy. Now you have the flexibility to take on bigger ships, if you manage to get lucky and destroy them you can get good money for early in the game, if you realize you can't take them down it's no sweat to fly away at full throttle to safety. You won't be getting interdicted and blown up by dickhead NPCs either, even if you fail to escape interdiction you can just zoom away as soon as you're pulled out of super cruise.

I see multiple cobras. I see a Cobra MK III and a Cobra MK IV but both of them say they are slower than my current ship when I look at them in the shipyard. My current ship is an Imperial Eagle. Which kind of Cobra am I looking to buy?

I also apparently have an Eagle that I don;t know how I got, docked somewhere and I can sell it for 40k and some change. It appears to be inferior in every way to my current ship. is there any reason not to sell it?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Cobra III is one of the best ships in the game.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

BitBasher posted:

I see multiple cobras. I see a Cobra MK III and a Cobra MK IV but both of them say they are slower than my current ship when I look at them in the shipyard. My current ship is an Imperial Eagle. Which kind of Cobra am I looking to buy?

I also apparently have an Eagle that I don;t know how I got, docked somewhere and I can sell it for 40k and some change. It appears to be inferior in every way to my current ship. is there any reason not to sell it?

Short of being able to earn 40K in less time than it'll take you to fly there, no.

If you want a Cobra (and you should), then the Mk III is the one to get. It might be very slightly slower than an Imperial Eagle, but they are the two fastest ships in the game.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

BitBasher posted:

You want the MK III, the MK IV is worthless. Also the iggle is the only ship in the game that's faster than the cobra (but only with certian loads, the iggle hits it's "optimal" mass pretty easily which will slow it down some)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BitBasher posted:

Cobra Mk.3 if you are starting out: the Mk.4 is a lot more expensive and nowhere near as fast.
As for for their stats, it's probably because you have upgraded your iEagle: when looking at a ship to buy the Shipyard screen shows the stats of a stock ship so that the Mk.3 will look slower despite being upgradeable to be as fast when boosting as your current ship.
The freeEagle is something you received because you backed during the kickstarter, and since you are flying the iEagle you can sell it: upgraded it is a bit more agile than the iEagle, but it's also slower and doesn't have the upgraded power plant or medium hardpoint of your current ship, so you can safely sell it.

Also essential modules to upgrade for combat are your Power Distributor to be able to boost and shoot as much as possible, shield generator for obvious reasons, Thrusters for better speed and maneuvrability, Power Plant to power it all and if you don't care about jump-range and utility upgrade your Bulkheads and add Hull Reinforcement Packages to beef up your hull armor making your little fighter surprisingly resilient if the shields drop.

Lastly when it comes to weapons, the rule is that energy weapon sucks against hull but do great against shields, while ballistic and missiles do great against hull but squat all against shields and that fixed weapons deal the most damage while turreted deal the least per shot.
As for which weapon specifically, for ballistic multicannons are the way to go, with frag cannons also being good; meanwhile for beams it's really up to personal preference and if you can fit them on your ship, since burst and beam do use up more power than pulses.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Akion posted:

Save up enough for a Vulture.

Specifically, about 5.5 million CR, if you buy it in Li Yong-Rui system.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

One thing that isn't immediately obvious to a lot of people is that bulkheads will also slow you down. They don't just affect jump range. (don't put bulkheads on your iggle)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
If you're below Optimal Mass, go ahead and throw on military bulkheads. The Vulture specifically has oversized engines, so you won't really see any difference with military bulkheads slowing you down. It just doesn't happen.

Not to mention you should have A rank thrusters on the Vulture anyways.

Seeing as how the optimal mass of 5A thrusters is 1,260.0 T, and my Vulture weighs in at 398.9 T, there's no difference. Boost at 395, regular speed of 244 when 4 pips on engine.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

IAmTheRad posted:

If you're below Optimal Mass, go ahead and throw on military bulkheads. The Vulture specifically has oversized engines, so you won't really see any difference with military bulkheads slowing you down. It just doesn't happen.

Not to mention you should have A rank thrusters on the Vulture anyways.

Seeing as how the optimal mass of 5A thrusters is 1,260.0 T, and my Vulture weighs in at 398.9 T, there's no difference. Boost at 395, regular speed of 244 when 4 pips on engine.

Adding to this: maximum agility/speed is at or below half of your thruster's optimal mass, anything over that will start to slow you down, the penalty ramps up even faster once you pass optimal. (this is why I don't recomend bulkheads on an iggle, you lose a decent chunk of speed and a lot of agility for not enough suitability to make up the difference)

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Astroniomix posted:

maximum agility/speed is at or below half of your thruster's optimal mass, anything over that will start to slow you down

I have heard this, and can believe that :frontear: don't understand what 'optimal' means, but it's a pretty tight constraint.

How much of a boost is it compared to the extra shields/(fire)power you get from just staying under optimal?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the Type 9 is a brick.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

xiansi posted:

I have heard this, and can believe that :frontear: don't understand what 'optimal' means, but it's a pretty tight constraint.

How much of a boost is it compared to the extra shields/(fire)power you get from just staying under optimal?

Shields work off of the base hull mass and are independent of any extra mass you add on.

As for the flight model, I'll use the clipper because I have the numbers handy:
below 720 tons the clipper maxes out at 348 cruising and 441 boost,

at 850 tons you lose 12 m/s off your cruising speed (down to 336) and your boost gets lowered to 426

Dropping the thrusters to 5A lowers your optimal mass to 860 tons and gives you a cruising speed of 301 and boost of 381

The only ship I can think of off the top of my head that crosses well over it's thruster's listed optimal mass is the type 9, and everyone knows how much of a brick that thing is.

I can't easily quantify the loss of turning but you'll start to notice the ship become slightly more sluggish once you cross over about 5-10% past half optimal. It's really noticable on my python which runs at 745 tons with a full tank and bumps up to 873 with a full hold (python uses the same thrusters as the clipper so half optimal is 720 tons).

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Is there any way to boost Sensor range besides upgrading to A-rated? 6 km doesn't seem like enough when hunting at Nav Beacons.

Edit: vvv Good point. Though this is still in a Sidewinder so there's not much choice.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 16, 2016

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I believe there's also number rating, which gets better as it goes up, so maybe find a higher number sensor?

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Sensor range never ends up getting especially long, even 8A sensors are only 7.68 km. Perhaps engineers in 2.1 will include a craftable sensor upgrade to squeeze a bit more out of them.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

timn posted:

Sensor range never ends up getting especially long, even 8A sensors are only 7.68 km. Perhaps engineers in 2.1 will include a craftable sensor upgrade to squeeze a bit more out of them.

drat. Guess I just need to go faster.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Longbaugh01 posted:

drat. Guess I just need to go faster.

I always just scan for laser fire to find the fights.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Astroniomix posted:

Adding to this: maximum agility/speed is at or below half of your thruster's optimal mass, anything over that will start to slow you down, the penalty ramps up even faster once you pass optimal. (this is why I don't recomend bulkheads on an iggle, you lose a decent chunk of speed and a lot of agility for not enough suitability to make up the difference)

So I want to buy the best Thrusters I can even if I am under the optimal mass for the Thrusters? That's pretty counter intuitive.

I'm saving for the Cobra MK III right now, how much worse is it in maneuverability than my current Imperial Eagle? It's like over three times the weight which would seem to make it suck out loud.

I'm having issues finding work. I like bounty contracts and I can do the ones in the 12 to 15k range, but I can;t actually find them reliably. I Tried one for 38k and the target was in a massive ship that annihilated me outright.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Sensors are one of those things where if you can fit A-rated ones you should because trust me, it makes a difference.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

BitBasher posted:

So I want to buy the best Thrusters I can even if I am under the optimal mass for the Thrusters? That's pretty counter intuitive.

I'm saving for the Cobra MK III right now, how much worse is it in maneuverability than my current Imperial Eagle? It's like over three times the weight which would seem to make it suck out loud.

I'm having issues finding work. I like bounty contracts and I can do the ones in the 12 to 15k range, but I can;t actually find them reliably. I Tried one for 38k and the target was in a massive ship that annihilated me outright.

Yes; also don't do bulletin board missions. Just go shoot pirates in a resource extraction site.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Astroniomix posted:

Yes; also don't do bulletin board missions. Just go shoot pirates in a resource extraction site.

Around planets with rings? Oookay!

EDIT: Also gently caress Smethells 97. 269,000 LS to the station? Really?

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I will say that once your trade rank gets high enough board missions aren't so bad. I just got paid 2 million spacebucks to haul some drugs and slaves day laborers 2 jumps for the Diamond Frogs.

• Locked thread