Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
but what if it's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm with DATT on this. If the height of hilarity to you is playing cruel pranks on your pet, then you shouldn't own one. Pets trust and love unconditionally, and doing stupid poo poo to them for your own amusement betrays that trust. No wonder your pets hate you.

Sometimes when I throw the ball for my dog I don't actually throw it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm with DATT on this. If the height of hilarity to you is playing cruel pranks on your pet, then you shouldn't own one. Pets trust and love unconditionally, and doing stupid poo poo to them for your own amusement betrays that trust. No wonder your pets hate you.

Counter-point, your pets will eat you if you die.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Sometimes when I throw the ball for my dog I don't actually throw it.

Your almost more worse than Hitler I hope you know.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Counter-point, your pets will eat you if you die.

That seems fair, protein is protein. Hell, if I was starving I'd kill my pets and eat them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Would y'all say that that cat got TIGGERED?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm 90% sure this is a joke post about how kids will get PTSD if you dunk their faces into their cake.

i thought so too but weirdly, there are people who read this car crashes and life altering injury megathread without complaint until a cat does a jump

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

Would y'all say that that cat got TIGGERED?

No, why?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

That seems fair, protein is protein. Hell, if I was starving I'd kill my pets and eat them.

BUT THEY LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!!!! Funny story, one time I went to pick up my friend's dog from the kennel and they started telling me about how well he behaved and the names of some of the other dogs he "got along well with" and that he really liked the walks they took and a bunch of other stuff. It was odd and surreal in a way. Like they were treating him like I was picking up a toddler or something. Contrast that with the time I went to pick up my nephew from day care and they basically just made sure I was who I said I was and told me that he hadn't taken a nap yet.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

TontoCorazon posted:

Your almost more worse than Hitler I hope you know.

I'm nearly as bad as your grammar. :godwinning:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
My cats don't trust unconditionally because they're not brain-damaged and understand that the world is full of dangerous things like strangers, dogs, bigger cats, and veterinarians. They also don't love unconditionally. They love you exactly as much as what you're worth to them, i.e. what they get from you. Having said that, I don't terrorize my cats to amuse myself. They do that to each other. And it is hilarious. :catbert:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cakefool posted:

I'm nearly as bad as your grammar. :godwinning:

Lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Because Tigger is the tiger in Winnie the Pooh, and it sounds like triggered, man. It triggered and was triggered by a plastic trap.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There is one :nms:-ish moment, but I don't think anyone died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pbAPdDA2c

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

radiatinglines posted:

Because Tigger is the tiger in Winnie the Pooh, and it sounds like triggered, man. It triggered and was triggered by a plastic trap.

Not really

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sorry I upset you guys, was it because I made a joke about triggering?

:(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

radiatinglines posted:

Sorry I upset you guys, was it because I made a joke about triggering?

:(

No, it's because the joke was bad and not good.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

My dog likes to stick his face in your lap while you're putting socks and shoes on. I accidentally uppercut him in the jaw with my foot or ankle on the regular.

I'm obviously abusive, and shouldn't have a pet, right?

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

kalstrams posted:

There is one :nms:-ish moment, but I don't think anyone died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pbAPdDA2c

Just what are they doing loving around with fire? Or is it just a "hey watch this lol" thing that goes horribly wrong?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Subjunctive posted:

No, it's because the joke was bad and not good.

The most wonderful, wonderful thing about triggers is that's the only one.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think maybe the thread just needs to collectively take a chill pill and chill out.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

radiatinglines posted:

I think maybe the thread just needs to collectively take a chill pill and chill out.

:ducksiren: big pharma shill :frogsiren:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Sometimes I'll be doing something at a counter and turn around and trip on a cat that's shown up right behind me.
Is my cat trying to bully me? :ohdear:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MrYenko posted:

My dog likes to stick his face in your lap while you're putting socks and shoes on. I accidentally uppercut him in the jaw with my foot or ankle on the regular.

I'm obviously abusive, and shouldn't have a pet, right?

Or, God forbid, you want to open the oven to pull your dinner out and you don't look behind you and accidentally step on their tail/foot/6th appendage used to trip the human with food so they can eat it all once it (and you) hits the floor. I have also hit a cat or two with a kicked shoe when I get home from work, accidentally, of course.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Switzerland posted:

Just what are they doing loving around with fire? Or is it just a "hey watch this lol" thing that goes horribly wrong?
Checking how much they've filled in, mostly.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Had to look up the video of this because it's amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWzDOZmmxU

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

radiatinglines posted:

He's a trigger! He's a trigger! Look, there's a trigger

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Water spray bottles > Waterboarding? Help me out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25Yi8wJ25A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XaHwmYeIUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VBriRtl_aM

nerdz has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Feb 15, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Takoluka posted:

The most wonderful, wonderful thing about triggers is that's the only one.

Ball Cupper posted:

He's a trigger! He's a trigger! Look, there's a trigger

soon the word trigger will lose all meaning entirely and the world will be a better place

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

We just need trigger discipline.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I think it's basically ok to try and startle your cat for fun as long as you don't do it all the time and the cat isn't naturally skittish.

Trapping the cat under the plastic thing seemed needlessly mean but I'm sure the cat is ok now. The Mario cat seems to be enjoying himself?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dex posted:

i thought so too but weirdly, there are people who read this car crashes and life altering injury megathread without complaint until a cat does a jump

I only believed this up until the dude started doubling down on how irreversibly damaged the animals trust in you will be because you preyed on the fact that they don't know what a laser pointer is. Also, if you accidently step on your pet's tail they'll hate you forever and never recover.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I accidentally stepped on my cat's tail and he gnawed on my calf, so I put him in one of those pet-shop Cat Washers with a cucumber and a laser pointer.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Is it ok to push a cat's face into cake? It's my cat's birthday and I need answers pretty soon.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
My cat and I have the mutual agreement that if either one of us is in a dark room and the other walks by we are allowed to leap out and scare the poo poo out of them.

Still his favourite person in the house.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

What if the cat punches a retard in a fast food joint? I mean, the retard flat out kicked a small child...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Less talk, more images.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Did someone say cattenfreude? Let's go to the pet spa!

http://youtu.be/Lce2ECJ6Lqc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Professor of Cats posted:

What if the cat punches a retard in a fast food joint? I mean, the retard flat out kicked a small child...

You should know, professor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Just pretend it was an accident then its all good