Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Squadron 42: I want believable actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

WIENER SCHNITZEL

3/4 pound pork tenderloin (may substitute veal cutlet or tenderized cube steak), cut in 3 pieces and pounded 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
2 c soft bread crumbs
2-4 tablespoons butter
lemon wedges
parsley sprigs

Pound cutlet; rub in seasonings. Dip meat first in egg, then in bread crumbs. Melt butter in skillet. Brown meat several minutes a side or till golden. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. Serve with German potato salad and red cabbage.

Some additions to that: Put the pepper and salt into the beaten eggs, add a little milk or cream to it, too. One of the most important things to do though: after you dipped the meat in the breadcrumbs press them into the meat with all your weight. (Lean on it from both sides with your flat hands and put all your weigth on it.) Let the prepared Schnitzels rest for a few minutes and then press again from both sides. Use plenty of butter to get an even browning. (I usually use half butter half palm oil to get a more heat stable environment.)

Always serve Schnitzel with a slice of lemon.

Vienna style double crust: Beaten eggs -> wheat -> beaten eggs -> breadcrumbs -> press -> rest -> press.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

D_Smart's many personalities lead very different and interesting lives. Looks like you just drew the short straw. I'm Derek Smart the Marine Biologist/Fighter Pilot.

drat IT! <kicks cerebellum in frustration>

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

GASP!

Are they implying that this project may have some contradictory goals as far as pleasing its customers?! :ohdear:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not real familiar with Unity, did you have to grab something from the asset store or is that basic UI part of Unity?

This is the native Unity UI "canvas system" they implemented with Unity 5.0. It's a massive upgrade from pre U5, especially with the EventSystem which lets you hook mouse over/hover/click/drag and other input events straight into the UI element scripts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeah well gently caress you buddy, the original Kickstarter promised drop-in drop-out co-op and people should rightfully be pissed that CIG backed out of a core feature because Chris decided his virtual movie and lovely story was more important.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Of all the light bulbs on that forum this one glows the dullest
He is offensively stupid

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah well gently caress you buddy, the original Kickstarter promised drop-in drop-out co-op and people should rightfully be pissed that CIG backed out of a core feature because Chris decided his virtual movie and lovely story was more important.

Of the many things I've learned in this thread, one of note was the German word "fremdschämen", the definition I found was "to be embarrassed because someone else has embarrassed himself (and doesn't notice)".

That said, how do you define "fremdschämen" in future tense? Like how people are feeling about the upcoming jarringly painful SQ42 game and script, which although more than a year out, still has me feeling embarrassed for Chris? Can you hold onto an indefinite state of fremdschämen for more than a year, or does fatigue kick in, resulting in Germans having to take time to invent a newer, longer word to describe "fremdschämen that has decayed somewhat over time while waiting for the impending embarrassing event to occur"?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You can't have a branching storyline in co op, you see, when the person who is choosing the dialogue is stood next to another real life player, branching storyline options are just not possible, because there is someone stood next to him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Just got my Lexip Professional 3d Mouse from Amazon today. I had to pay about $20 in import taxes which sucked. Mouse, cross-pond shipping and taxes now cost me a total of $100.

For those who missed the thread's earlier Human Interface Device adventures, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is a mouse which sports a gamepad-style thumbstick

And also can be "tilted" to allow for another two axes of control:

It's primarily intended for 3d graphics applications such as CAD and 3dsMAX and what not, but seems to have captured some Citizens' attention due to its potential for controlling spacey boats.

First impressions:

Actually, I'm pretty impressed. The drivers work well and allow for application specific configuration. Presets are available for many applications too: in Chrome for instance, the preset config is thumbstick as real smooth up/down scroll when stick is moved forward/back, and tab switch when moved up/down. The deadzone is configurable of course. Mouse movement is buttery smooth with config available for 800-3200 DPI. I haven't found any use for the tilt axes yet, but I'd wager they could come of use for orientation or rotation in 3d work, when you've mapped the thumbstick to other stuff.

On the minus side, the right and left mouse buttons end about 1cm before the mouse does - using this with hands much larger than mine wouldn't necessarily be very fun. The forward/back buttons need to be pressed a bit too far to register as input, which feels a bit odd. Also, the thumbstick can be pressed for yet another button-style input, but it needs to be pressed pretty hard which makes me skeptical any user actually found a use for it - not really a minus though, as the function can be safely ignored.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase thus far, and so will keep it and not sell it to any Arena Commander aficionado. It has some kinks that I'd love to see worked out - since this is Lexip's first offering though, I'm confident they will continue to develop awesome mice and win the Citizen community by storm!

...that is, if they weren't a small french startup that ended up bankrupt years ago. As far as I can google, no other mouse quite like it is out there - for those interested, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is available on Amazon for $50 plus shipping. Order while unsold stock remains!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

Of all the light bulbs on that forum this one glows the dullest
He is offensively stupid

Don't worry. It's a known issue. Everything is normal.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6365605/#Comment_6365605

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6365700/#Comment_6365700

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6365936/#Comment_6365936

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I just got back from lunch, which was home made habenero breaded chicken strips, with sweet potato fries, and a slice of chocolate drizzled cheese cake, and noticed no 10ftc yet.

Lol at backers rebelling to the new articles too. Pretty soon all that will be left are the space whales and their fleets of non-existant ships. lol at the new ToS.

paaarppppppppppp.

I bet 2.2 is nothing but the cash shop/car lot, and that's it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If I say 'fallacy' this means I am clever you see

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's pretty gross stuffing your gob on camera IMO. The show is like, what, an hour long and you can't wait until it's over to eat? But what do I know I'm just some idiot on the internet not the best saleswoman in the world since I was a little girl.

That's why we use wallparper when we go to lunch break on my show. Nobody wants to watch us eat.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Assuming gravity exists simply because it has worked consistently every single moment since the dawn of time is basically a slippery slope argument. There is no reason to believe that tomorrow we won't all go floating off in a new gravity-free earth. It's sad that I have to explain this.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Assuming gravity exists simply because it has worked consistently every single moment since the dawn of time is basically a slippery slope argument. There is no reason to believe that tomorrow we won't all go floating off in a new gravity-free earth. It's sad that I have to explain this.

Sounds like you are being something something fallacy to me :smug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds like you are being something something fallacy to me :smug:

Please, allow me to quote Wikipedia:

And furthermore,

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

fnord

You know the drill.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Skellybones posted:

Star Trek really is a universe of contrasts. Cowboy planets, Nazi plants, Gangster planets, Hippie planets, Rape planets...

Just 10 more bars of gold pressed latinum, and I'll give you the holodeck rape planet subroutines. The grand negus calls it a "stretch goal"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Some people say a man is made outta mud
Citizens’ made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a bank that's strong

You buy eight JPEGs, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Derek don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my mouse and I clicked credit-line
I loaded eight jpegs and the Completionist Set
But Sandy and Chris said “Our bills aren’t met.”

You buy eight JPEGs, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Derek don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Watch in awe as a Citizen gets dogpiled for voicing a concern that he feels his $1205 should perhaps get him an expansion pack thrown in:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ansion-episodes

These people deserve each other

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Please, allow me to quote Wikipedia:

And furthermore,

Something something dissonance my good man checkmate

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Watch in awe as a Citizen gets dogpiled for voicing a concern that he feels his $1205 should perhaps get him an expansion pack thrown in:

What a bunch of twats.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Something something dissonance my good man checkmate

Insert logical phallacy here.

Also mention something about it's a donation not a purchase.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

Cognitive as gently caress

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Lol he thinks SQ42 will have 70 missions

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I thought you were talking about the RSI thread.

I'm Sandi'd as gently caress at the moment. :420:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

drat IT! <kicks cerebellum in frustration>

Aw man you're missing out. I got a sweet reality. I'm the Derek Smart that won the Navy Cross in Vietnam II and went on to cure alopecia in juvenile bull sharks!

(gently caress I'm bored)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

Also mention something about it's a donation not a purchase.

I ain't suckin' no logical phallus

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol he thinks SQ42 will have 70 missions

Hahaha. They'll be lucky if Chapters 1 & 2 have a combined 7 FedEx missions mashed between mocap cutscenes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

I thought you were talking about the RSI thread.

I'm Sandi'd as gently caress at the moment. :420:

Sorry my reading comprehension isn't what it was commando

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

peter gabriel posted:

you know who else was cognitive as gently caress? HITLER!!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Just got my Lexip Professional 3d Mouse from Amazon today. I had to pay about $20 in import taxes which sucked. Mouse, cross-pond shipping and taxes now cost me a total of $100.

For those who missed the thread's earlier Human Interface Device adventures, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is a mouse which sports a gamepad-style thumbstick

And also can be "tilted" to allow for another two axes of control:

It's primarily intended for 3d graphics applications such as CAD and 3dsMAX and what not, but seems to have captured some Citizens' attention due to its potential for controlling spacey boats.

First impressions:

Actually, I'm pretty impressed. The drivers work well and allow for application specific configuration. Presets are available for many applications too: in Chrome for instance, the preset config is thumbstick as real smooth up/down scroll when stick is moved forward/back, and tab switch when moved up/down. The deadzone is configurable of course. Mouse movement is buttery smooth with config available for 800-3200 DPI. I haven't found any use for the tilt axes yet, but I'd wager they could come of use for orientation or rotation in 3d work, when you've mapped the thumbstick to other stuff.

On the minus side, the right and left mouse buttons end about 1cm before the mouse does - using this with hands much larger than mine wouldn't necessarily be very fun. The forward/back buttons need to be pressed a bit too far to register as input, which feels a bit odd. Also, the thumbstick can be pressed for yet another button-style input, but it needs to be pressed pretty hard which makes me skeptical any user actually found a use for it - not really a minus though, as the function can be safely ignored.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase thus far, and so will keep it and not sell it to any Arena Commander aficionado. It has some kinks that I'd love to see worked out - since this is Lexip's first offering though, I'm confident they will continue to develop awesome mice and win the Citizen community by storm!

...that is, if they weren't a small french startup that ended up bankrupt years ago. As far as I can google, no other mouse quite like it is out there - for those interested, the Lexip Professional 3d Mouse is available on Amazon for $50 plus shipping. Order while unsold stock remains!

So how is it at controlling space boats in space

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Toops posted:

This is the native Unity UI "canvas system" they implemented with Unity 5.0. It's a massive upgrade from pre U5, especially with the EventSystem which lets you hook mouse over/hover/click/drag and other input events straight into the UI element scripts.

Thanks, seems to have the feel of Qt type stuff.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

So how is it at controlling space boats in space

I'm not really into space boating, but I think it would work pretty well in games in general. You can map the axes and buttons to joystick input if you want, and I think the thumbstick would do a pretty solid WASD job unless you're into competitive fps play or whatever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

If I say 'fallacy' this means I am clever you see

Pretty much anytime I see Hiei getting into a debate, their arguments get systematically dismantled. Even Thylbana Nyx has enough self-awareness to avoid getting involved in debates like that.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And since CIG doesn't punish people for what they do off-site, you're in the clear!

Hush! You'll lure the Lurker in the Shadows to this thread. Everybody knows that Ben 'Big Ban' Lesnick prowls the Net, with the power to banish illspeaker for up to ten years from his master's plane of existence.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sandi doing mo-cap for the new SC race: the chilldankli

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Toops posted:

Just doin' a lil' iteration here guys, thanks for your feedback. We're making progress.

OK I know I'm a few pages late on this, but I think we need a PAAARP slider that runs from 0 to PAAARP. The slider must be non-movable and fixed to maximum (PAAARP) and clicking on it just triggers airhorn.wav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

This guy must listen to the You Are Not So Smart Podcast. They are doing a fallacy series and the first one they cover is the Fallacy fallacy, where one attempts to find fallacious logic in an argument and upon doing so, one declares victory. After he completely Dunning-Kruger's into mislabeling a Slippery-slope he conspicuously doesn't deduce that the guy is wrong, which used to be like the hard and fast internet rule for people who have googled "logical fallacies."

• Locked thread