Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

In legacy it's basically all the duals and LED. There are a few more but not many.

Gaea's Cradle is the one that comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So essentially almost all the poo poo I already have for legacy is getting cheaper, while the poo poo I don't have is going to get further out of reach?

(FoW excepted)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

suicidesteve posted:

Agreed.

Also Sea Drake reprint one time please WotC.

The other big ones are Mox Diamond, City of Traitors, and to a much lesser extent Tabernacle.

And Gaia's Cradle I suppose. I used Chains in my jund sideboard, but I don't think singleton SB cards are keeping anyone out of legacy.

Also City of Traitors isn't on the list for some reason.

Why?

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 15, 2016

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
The first Force of Will had Terese Nielsen artwork. I'm glad they got her to do the new one. She's such a good artist and a throwback to before all the digital stuff became the norm.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Mikujin posted:

I think it's more that we've already seen how awesome printing an eternal staple at mythic works out in terms of pricing in the secondary market, which directly affects how many new interested players can buy into a format like legacy (the answer is not many). Especially with a lack of duals due to their strict code of honor regarding the worst decision they've ever madethe reserved list, the set will basically be MM2015 all over in terms of having one or two expensive/in-demand chase mythics and like two good rares.

It's easy to get salty about Goyf and pretend Modern Masters didn't do anything, but there was a time when Cryptic Command was near 70 dollars, and today you can get it for 20.

Modern Masters has been cool and hell this set could be cool too.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Ciprian Maricon posted:

It's easy to get salty about Goyf and pretend Modern Masters didn't do anything, but there was a time when Cryptic Command was near 70 dollars, and today you can get it for 20.

Modern Masters has been cool and hell this set could be cool too.

While that's true, it's also true that Cryptic went from being a really good card in Modern to borderline-unplayable. If blue control decks had stayed popular, Cryptic probably wouldn't have dropped nearly that much.

Just used this as an excuse to pick up the rest of my dual lands, I'm really tempted to move basically anything that might be in the set. Karakas and Rishadan Port seem really dangerous to be holding right now.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Obama is reportedly a vintage shops player himself

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I imagine it will make a much bigger difference in how many people play Legacy on MTGO though. Legacy costs a bit more on MTGO than Modern does, but a lot of that is Wasteland or Port themselves which should actually tumble in price this time (since Tempest Remastered was garbage and Wasteland is the only card in it worth anything).

Let's loving hope they actually print stifle and Misdirection in it though, those still cost 100 tix on MTGO, even though they were in conspiracy and don't cost much in paper.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

While that's true, it's also true that Cryptic went from being a really good card in Modern to borderline-unplayable. If blue control decks had stayed popular, Cryptic probably wouldn't have dropped nearly that much.

Just used this as an excuse to pick up the rest of my dual lands, I'm really tempted to move basically anything that might be in the set. Karakas and Rishadan Port seem really dangerous to be holding right now.

The guy who leaked the info directly said Rishadan Port is in EMA along with Show and Tell.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 15, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Why, are they gonna ban them?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

Let's loving hope they actually print stifle and Misdirection in it though, those still cost 100 tix on MTGO, even though they were in conspiracy and don't cost much in paper.

Stifle is like $9 on MTGO. Misdirection is still the 2nd or 3rd most expensive card on MTGO though, after Port and I think Lotus.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

Why, are they gonna ban them?

Even a limited print run set could increase the amount of karkas in circulation by what... 50%? Probably the same for port.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

Even a limited print run set could increase the amount of karkas in circulation by what... 50%? Probably the same for port.

OK, so? I have my sets, are they banning them?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
They mentioned Commander as one of the formats Eternal Masters is focusing on, and Karakas is banned from it (for good reason). I'd be surprised to see it.

It's also the only card that fits the purview of an eternal format reprint set and is banned from Commander without being on the reserved list, though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

OK, so? I have my sets, are they banning them?

They will lose value, it what he is saying.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Angry Grimace posted:

They will lose value, it what he is saying.

:ohdear: my cardboard

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My friend said there's no GP for this set so we're not gonna have a repeat of the drama from last year. this is bullshit, betwwen this and FOW at lol mythic, masters set is bad.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I can't wait for the next set.

EDH Masters

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I can't wait for the next set.

EDH Masters

Top, Recruiter and Jitte please.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I'm just imagining what lovely commons are coming out in this set "for drafting purposes."

It should just be all lightning bolts and delver. Wait what was mongooses rarity?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm just imagining what lovely commons are coming out in this set "for drafting purposes."

It should just be all lightning bolts and delver. Wait what was mongooses rarity?

Storm crow

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They mentioned Commander as one of the formats Eternal Masters is focusing on, and Karakas is banned from it (for good reason). I'd be surprised to see it.

It's also the only card that fits the purview of an eternal format reprint set and is banned from Commander without being on the reserved list, though.

I took that to mean that we will see reprints of products printed only in Commander sets (with Flusterstorm being a best-case scenario in terms of price relief). Also they headlined it with Force and Wasteland, two cards that are way better in 1v1 formats as opposed to multiplayer.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Mongoose was uncommon mythic.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

At goldmann sachs investment banker interview:
I see you didn't make the wise decision to sell your ports and Karakas after an important announcement

Me: *sweats*

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Good commons (Edict, Petal, Gush, etc) will be pushed up in rarity and the actual commons will be draft trash

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Much demanded Mons Goblin Raiders reprint

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chill la Chill posted:

At goldmann sachs investment banker interview:
I see you didn't make the wise decision to sell your ports and Karakas after an important announcement

Me: *sweats*

In ceo voice: "do not invest in wizard cardboard"

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
FoW at mythic is supreme bullshit and I will not be participating in EM in any form whatsoever.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CountFosco posted:

FoW at mythic is supreme bullshit and I will not be participating in EM in any form whatsoever.

You will not be missed.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

In ceo voice: "do not invest in wizard cardboard"

invest in wizard art instead

you can get a 36x9 print of terese nielsen's judge land panorama for a bit more than half the cost of a set of the lands f.ex

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
How much the 12post *need* a candelabra?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It's bullshit, but I will burn money at the WOTC altar like I do for every dumb product they put out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just realized that Karakas isn't on the reserved list.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

It's bullshit, but I will burn money at the WOTC altar like I do for every dumb product they put out.

And that's why you'll always have the most posts in this topic.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i need something to accompany my guay prints on the wall and can't decide between nielsen's swords, mother of runes or enter the infinite

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

UberJew posted:

i need something to accompany my guay prints on the wall and can't decide between nielsen's swords, mother of runes or enter the infinite

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Gild from born is my go-to godawful modern magic art and while this tried to top it, it doesn't quite get there

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

No P9 in eternal masters? Even MTGO got a P9 reprint. loving lame.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Best guesses on what foil FoW settles at? I guess $400

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lets Pickle posted:

Best guesses on what foil FoW settles at? I guess $400

$600 depending on size of print run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

Good commons (Edict, Petal, Gush, etc) will be pushed up in rarity and the actual commons will be draft trash

Noooooooooooooooo my collection of 150+ Lotus Petals. :smith:

drat.

Actually pretty excited though, I wish I still frequented the LGS, I'm sure Monday night draft will be full of nerd rage tonight.

• Locked thread