Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Keep Broly Broly Broly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I hadn't read this yet, this is an incredible read. :allears: It's like someone has suddenly opened my eyes and made me realize why I don't like certain comics and why I have to reread certain things.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 15, 2016

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Mere speculation by Goku! At that point he couldn't even sense Berus godly Ki, he had no way of knowing his full strength. He also didn't really know the full power of Vegito either, when he was fused he only ever toyed around with Buu, Vegito never tried to max out his power like Gotenks did.

except goku was getting absolutely curb stomped by beerus even when he entered sj3 form. Beerus beat him using a couple of pokes with his fingers. This is the same form that made him go toe-to-toe with kid buu. Even accounting for the absorbed gohan, buu was never able to completely wreck a ss3 that badly.

Keep in mind that the only way that goku even could had a chance with Beerus was him reaching a level that was so far above what he previously was that only gods could sense it.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
There's no reason why goku wouldn't know Vegetto's full power considering he was Vegetto. Beerus is so far beyond Buuhan that he'd give him the same beating vegetto did, except he'd probably just kill him instantly instead of toying with him. The whole point of Goku saying fusion won't work was to put Beerus beyond anything seen at that point in Dragonball, including vegetto.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

except goku was getting absolutely curb stomped by beerus even when he entered sj3 form. Beerus beat him using a couple of pokes with his fingers. This is the same form that made him go toe-to-toe with kid buu. Even accounting for the absorbed gohan, buu was never able to completely wreck a ss3 that badly.

Keep in mind that the only way that goku even could had a chance with Beerus was him reaching a level that was so far above what he previously was that only gods could sense it.

But saying Beerus beat ssj3 Goku in one blow isn't much of a caparison. Ssj3 Goku in the Buu saga is actually one of the weaker fighters, he only ever manages to go toe to toe with Fat Buu for a bit, but clearly would have ran out of energy before defeating him. By the end of the Buu saga Gohan was stronger than him, as well as Gotenks. Super Buu had absorbed Fat Buu + Piccilo +Goten + Trunks + Gohan, two of those guys are stronger than ssj3 Goku on their own, and fusions in DBZ always end up more powerful than the sum of their parts.

Vegito toyed with Super Buu with all of those fighter absorbed, in his base form. That means he could multiply his strength something like 500x by going ssj3. Considering Vegita was able to punch Beerus when he was only using 8% of his power, it stands to reason and math, that Vegito is stronger than Beerus, by a wide margin.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

POWER LEVELS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They say he can't beat him explicitly to ward off this conversion, so why is it happening.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

They say he can't beat him explicitly to ward off this conversion, so why is it happening.

The urge to scientifically quantify powerlevels

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Considering Vegita was able to punch Beerus when he was only using 8% of his power
I'm going to need a citation on that figure.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My fanfic where vegeta and beers kiss

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Namtab posted:

My fanfic where vegeta and beers kiss

How much of his power was behind that kiss tho?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I consider kissing a form of fusion, so

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

If they didn't want us to argue the numbers they shouldn't provide them :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The funniest thing is that there are numbers for all of two arcs of the show and in the case of both the point is that the numbers are hilariously unreliable.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Namtab posted:

Acceptable only if you measure them in their proper metric values of Raditz.

Vegeta is 15 Raditz.

Ginyu is 100 Raditz.

Freezie-pop is 100,000 Raditz, or 100 KiloRaditz.

Farmer w/ Shotgun is 4.17 MiliRaditz.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why do people even care? It's not like any of this stuff has ever made that much sense before.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Farmwer w/ Shotgun is the one that killed Raditz YOU gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOz9NEvs-M

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Andrast posted:

Why do people even care? It's not like any of this stuff has ever made that much sense before.

You need to establish the hierarchy so you can tell which characters (or your dad) can beat up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Acceptable only if you measure them in their proper metric values of Raditz.

Vegeta is 15 Raditz.

Ginyu is 100 Raditz.

Freezie-pop is 100,000 Raditz, or 100 KiloRaditz.

Freeza being 1000x Ginyu is really dumb, by the way. It makes everyone involved in the Namek storyline except Freeza and Goku feel pointless. Apparently Freeza didn't really need the Ginyu Force; he was just lazy.

There's even worse power level silliness, though, especially if you use the values in the movie pamphlets:
  • The movie 3 pamphlet gives Ox-King a power level of 900. So why didn't he help out when he grandson was kidnapped by Raditz? OK, that was a few years later, and he might have gotten weaker due to not training...
  • But Mr. Popo (PL 1030) has no such excuse.
  • If King Yemma's PL is only 1300 (as stated in the Movie 3 pamphlet), and he talks as though he has to be able to defeat someone to take them to Hell, then how did Freeza end up in Hell? (No-prize answer: he got a stronger god to help out.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

But saying Beerus beat ssj3 Goku in one blow isn't much of a caparison. Ssj3 Goku in the Buu saga is actually one of the weaker fighters, he only ever manages to go toe to toe with Fat Buu for a bit, but clearly would have ran out of energy before defeating him. By the end of the Buu saga Gohan was stronger than him, as well as Gotenks. Super Buu had absorbed Fat Buu + Piccilo +Goten + Trunks + Gohan, two of those guys are stronger than ssj3 Goku on their own, and fusions in DBZ always end up more powerful than the sum of their parts.

Vegito toyed with Super Buu with all of those fighter absorbed, in his base form. That means he could multiply his strength something like 500x by going ssj3. Considering Vegita was able to punch Beerus when he was only using 8% of his power, it stands to reason and math, that Vegito is stronger than Beerus, by a wide margin.

This is not true. In the Manga Vegito went super saiyan on the spot. There was no base fight with Buu.

Vegeta was able to punch Beerus. But that does not mean anything. He did not do any damage and lost right away anyway.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Freeza being 1000x Ginyu is really dumb, by the way. It makes everyone involved in the Namek storyline except Freeza and Goku feel pointless. Apparently Freeza didn't really need the Ginyu Force; he was just lazy.

There's even worse power level silliness, though, especially if you use the values in the movie pamphlets:
  • The movie 3 pamphlet gives Ox-King a power level of 900. So why didn't he help out when he grandson was kidnapped by Raditz? OK, that was a few years later, and he might have gotten weaker due to not training...
  • But Mr. Popo (PL 1030) has no such excuse.
  • If King Yemma's PL is only 1300 (as stated in the Movie 3 pamphlet), and he talks as though he has to be able to defeat someone to take them to Hell, then how did Freeza end up in Hell? (No-prize answer: he got a stronger god to help out.)

Freeza didn't actually need anyone beyond being his eyes, ears, and arms in places where he couldn't be at the time, that was completely the point.

His army wasn't really for muscle. He didn't need it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Here's the extent to which power levels matter
"That guy you just struggled to beat? I'm ten times stronger than him"
"Wow we're hosed."
"By the way, I'm only using 10% of my power right now"
"Woooow we are really hosed"
"And now I'm using 110% of my full power"
"Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm nowhere near "farmer with a shotgun' strength, but I could totally take that turtle in a fight.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Okay, let's point out every single thing you got wrong here, because hoo boy...

-The first SS3 Goku thing is wrong. Goku outright states, and very clearly shows that he could've easily killed Fat Buu on the spot, he just didn't want to, because he's Goku and realized that Buu was not evil but being used (consider how he outright tells Buu to stop listening to orders), and because he was already dead and wanted the next generation to protect the Earth instead (hence teaching Goten and Trunks fusion).
-Vegetto toying with Buu without transforming is only in the anime, but it's probably true for the manga as well. The SS3 transformation is by no means a 500x boost, beyond the uselessness of power levels, it is twice the boost of Super Saiyan 2, thus four times the boost of Super Saiyan, and as such, it is merely a 200x boost.
-Math does not matter in DBZ, and I don't think it is right either, not to mention it is based on false arguments. SS2 Vegeta's punches hit Beerus because he didn't give a poo poo, and managed a whole lot of nothing. Literally nothing. And Beerus was at 10%.
-And finally, and this is by far the most important thing, what I said in a previous post: Goku said that fusing with Vegeta would not be enough to beat Beerus. That is, by all means, the ultimate, definite proof that it would not work: because if the series itself says something, then it is true. If you really think you know more about DBZ than DBZ itself, then I don't know what to tell you.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

But could Super Cyan Vegetto beat Vados?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rutibex posted:

If they didn't want us to argue the numbers they shouldn't provide them :colbert:

there are literally no numbers for the two things you're comparing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ruggington posted:

there are literally no numbers for the two things you're comparing

Excuse me. :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I feel at this point they should be using scientific notation for the power levels.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I feel at this point they should be using scientific notation for the power levels.

His power level is Nice guy

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Powerlevels is an old man taking the piss out of westerners for caring about numbers to determine value.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

sh*t

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think that power level is actually the old man in the corner.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Okay, let's point out every single thing you got wrong here, because hoo boy...

-The first SS3 Goku thing is wrong. Goku outright states, and very clearly shows that he could've easily killed Fat Buu on the spot, he just didn't want to, because he's Goku and realized that Buu was not evil but being used (consider how he outright tells Buu to stop listening to orders), and because he was already dead and wanted the next generation to protect the Earth instead (hence teaching Goten and Trunks fusion).

Goku was hilariously wrong about ost of the stuff he said in the Buu saga. In the manga, he basically said "I could have probably beaten Buu but wanted the kids to have a chance," which was dumb because he never even saw Buu mad (with his eyes open and drawing from his actual power) and didn't know how much he could regenerate. "Oh I could have beaten his dude that didn't even try to fight me" doesn't mean anything. Then he fights Kid Buu and thinks he can do the same and fucks up. Goku is dumb as hell in the Buu saga and nothing he says turns out to work out except for trusting the spirit bomb to work (because of Satan).

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rirse posted:

I think that power level is actually the old man in the corner.

A lot of Frieza's power comes from his voice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Episode 52 of DBZA.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
"Oh how cute he named it Final-OH poo poo!"

It's everything I could've asked for.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cell owns

Heavy Sigh posted:

"Oh how cute he named it Final-OH poo poo!"

It's everything I could've asked for.

This was great

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dull

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It was ok. a means to an end, so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Cell is going to be very enjoyable to watch.

• Locked thread