Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

You'd need to whale for FOTP though. I was thinking of something similar except switching Sid with QGJ as a leader. It's just a matter of calling for an assist and burning Poe and the other softer targets down.

My FOTP is like 60 shards from being 7*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

kaschei posted:

The F2P yoda path right now is QGJ, Lumi, Eeth, and pick two of JC, Mace, Barriss, Plo Koon (all have Cantina Battles). I have no idea how powerful Mace is after his change in the recent patch but it seems to have been a buff.

Since I lucked into a Mace pull on Bronzium a while back, I've been using him with my limited pool and he's definitely jumped up. A 45% chance to expose a random enemy whenever it's his turn, along with a 22% boost to turn meter when he attacks an exposed enemy, +50% damage when over half health or a self-heal when under half health has seen him cutting through enemies pretty dutifully. The only sticking point is that the expose is just for his turn, which is a shame when it goes up elsewhere while a tank is taunting. Doubtful he's top tier, but I like him.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

So, was reading a thread on ~another forum~ and saw a post to the effect that the first chrome pack you buy will always contain a character, rather than shards. This applies even if you've bought other things, for example an 8 card pack. I tried it out and sure enough got a character. Note that you're not guaranteed a good character, i got the ewok scout, which I already had, so I got 7 shards :(. However, I figured it's worth sharing.

I tried this out, and for the record it's your first pack period, not "of each type" if that matters. All i got for the 4-pack were shards of farmable characters but I was sitting on almost 3k crystals anyway so hey whatever. But the first pack got me a second Clone Sergeant so at least it definitely does give you a character. Wouldn't have minded a useful one but hey.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Roid666 posted:

Any suggestions for replacing Daka with less RNG reliant hero? GS? Luke?

Geo Soldier is better than Luke, just do him.

Zotix posted:

My FOTP is like 60 shards from being 7*

Farmed just from hard mode? That's impressive.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Sad but true. On the other hand, I'd rather have Mark Hamill than an ugly bug !

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Sad but true. On the other hand, I'd rather have Mark Hamill than an ugly bug !

I use Luke as well, because I thought he would end up being better (I was wrong). Geo just has better stats, is faster, and has a guaranteed call-assist vs a chance for stun.

I loving hate Geonosians, though. They look dumb as hell and only contribute to the goofy cartoony poo poo that is the prequel trilogy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Farmed just from hard mode? That's impressive.

Not I've spent money. However I do both hard modes daily now for about 45 days. I probably have got about 150 or so shards from HM if I had to guess. Maybe more or less.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Not I've spent money. However I do both hard modes daily now for about 45 days. I probably have got about 150 or so shards from HM if I had to guess. Maybe more or less.

that only works out to be ~90-100, really. That's still 4 stars, but far from making him usable in PVP.

So you've probably dropped a several hundred on this poo poo, I bet :ohdear:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Tossed in all my leveling gear on my 57 Poggle for laughs to see the cost to get him to... lvl 68, and it was something like 1.4 million credits. Got his 6th star today, so next week I'll have his 7th and another million credits right there. Oh, and Asajjs 6th star today too.

Someone did the math and it's somewhere between 4.4 and 4.8 million credits to level and kit out a character from 1 to 70, about 50/50 between star costs (varies a little depending on how high they unlock) and leveling costs (and a tiny amount for gear). Sure am looking forward to cap at 80 or 90 doubling that cost :suicide:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Tossed in all my leveling gear on my 57 Poggle for laughs to see the cost to get him to... lvl 68, and it was something like 1.4 million credits. Got his 6th star today, so next week I'll have his 7th and another million credits right there. Oh, and Asajjs 6th star today too.

Someone did the math and it's somewhere between 4.4 and 4.8 million credits to level and kit out a character from 1 to 70, about 50/50 between star costs (varies a little depending on how high they unlock) and leveling costs (and a tiny amount for gear). Sure am looking forward to cap at 80 or 90 doubling that cost :suicide:

They better keep this level static for a couple of months, man.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I've been doing one hard mode reset on him and Rey. 250 crystals to cut the time in half.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

They better keep this level static for a couple of months, man.

Better get like 6-10 million saved up by April just to top up the A and B teams (Granted, it will probably take like 3 weeks to a month just to reach player level 80).

My current total earnings are 43.62M, somehow that feeling of never having enough cash never goes away...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There's been a lot of talk on different forums in the past couple of days about equipment drop rates. Especially the ones you need 50 of. There were several reddit posts and the official forums have had quite a few threads. People are upset that you need 50 pieces of some of this equipment. And the only way you can get it is simming missions. No shipments, no challenges. The drop rate is terrible too. It's gotta be 20% at best. Just before writing this I went 0/16 for them.

I really think they are banking on the star wars IP too hard. They don't care if they drive people off, because more will download it all the time.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 15, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

"swimming" ?
E: autocorrect for "spamming" maybe?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If you're looking for something to do when your SW:GoH energy is recharging, I found a game that is pretty much identical in every way, except it has a bunch of little fantasy type guys.

Soul Hunters

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Roid666 posted:

If you are TAG, then I think I'm on the same server as you. Seen you a few times in the PVP list (although if you've just got #1 maybe you're a different guy) when I've been refreshing. I'm the king of getting hosed by RNG, so I'm constantly battling to get into the top 150.

Team so far is Sid(7*) lead, Lumi(6*), rylo(6*),Dooku(6*), and Daka(6*). Everybody pretty much has the max gear they can wear at 70.

I'm getting a bit sick of Daka and Dooku under performing the enemy doppelgängers, so I'm thinking about replacing them. QGJ is on cantina credits farm now (farming Bariss for GW), so he'll slot it for Dooku when he's finished. Any suggestions for replacing Daka with less RNG reliant hero? GS? Luke?

Nah, my name is Tagichatn ingame as well. My top two whales are Shiv and Longesin if anyone else is in my server. Also I'd recommend Geonosian Soldier, he's very good atm although people are calling for nerfs to him.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Hardest GW day ever. Actually ran into whales I recognize from the SW forums, and had to burn through almost my entire 38-man roster to finish it, thought I was toast there for a sec. But got my 50th completion!

Zot you're 100% right that the SW name allows for the pricing in this game, and honestly they'd be dumb not have inflated prices. I don't hate them for that, but throwing more bones to the community would be nice and something that would build some goodwill. How about a once a week challenge to get a COMPLETED piece of purple gear?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

Hardest GW day ever. Actually ran into whales I recognize from the SW forums, and had to burn through almost my entire 38-man roster to finish it, thought I was toast there for a sec. But got my 50th completion!

Zot you're 100% right that the SW name allows for the pricing in this game, and honestly they'd be dumb not have inflated prices. I don't hate them for that, but throwing more bones to the community would be nice and something that would build some goodwill. How about a once a week challenge to get a COMPLETED piece of purple gear?

They just added energy refreshes (like every other game like this has had since launch), what more do you WANT, MAAAAAAAAN?

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009
Could use some advice on next steps:

Level 65. Main team is:
Lumi (7*)
Sid (7*)
QGJ (4*)
Phasma (6*)
Kylo (5*)

Other notables:
Jedi Consular, Dooku, Daka, Luke, Vader, Rey (soon) (all 4*)
Poe, Eeth Koth (3*)

Managing Rank 21-50 in Arena daily, but struggling to clear GW reliably; inevitably hit a lvl 70 high-starred roadblock or two; should get easier as I near 70 I guess.
Using crystals for 2 x Energy, 1 x Cantina daily.

Currently using GW tokens to max Phasma, Cantina tokens for QGJ.
Just sitting on 5,500 Arena tokens at the moment as not sure what to invest in.
Not sure who to farm in Cantina; keep working Kylo or swap to GS/someone else? (Kylo seems a bit slow and not doing too much damage).
Could divert and farm Mace and level JC/Eeth to pursue Yoda, but not too fussed about him.

Any thoughts?

:L
Oct 28, 2004

This might be obvious for some but I only just realized this about gw. It's better to reset gw BEFORE upgrading/leveling your characters. Of course this doesn't apply for those who already reached the level cap, but I found it useful to having the slightest edge over the teams that'll pop up in gw since (at least as far as I can tell) the seeds for gw teams will be based on what your char stats are when you reset. At the very least I'm not plagued by teams that are all 10 levels higher than me, it'll be 5 or so levels at the most.

Also I never blow xp droids/credits on leveling all at once whenever I can, i space out my upgrades so every day I can at least do one piece of equipment (but never more, normally) and level up a character or two, but always saving enough so I can upgrade the following day. This way I'm at least guaranteed the daily activities done since I've ran into frustration more than once when I couldn't upgrade for that day. I've usually got around one million credits on hand (edit: just logged in and saw I have 3.4 million..) and enough ability mats for every character but once again, I don't spend it all in one day.

Another thing is I don't really rely on a b/c team, but rather good healers. If I have a particularly hard round, I'll swap in jc or barris or talia the following round so I know I got at least a heal that doesn't need a cool down. Also I don't reset gw until I really really have to, because the end prizes are so much better than the first half or so.

I'm not far enough to where the meta applies, but I'm still getting tons of use from the standard combo of Luke/daka/dooku/lumi/Sid and I'm at level 60. Other than real obvious whale teams, I'm still doing relatively well in arena with that combo. That said I am building up qgj and Poe because I know they'll eventually be needed, but for now this team is still working well. Right now I hover within 200-500 in arena, none of my chars are maxed out to level 60 (most are between 54-57 right now) gear level is around 5 for everyone and I seem to do reasonably alright in arena.. Wondering if anyone else is in a similar position, or if they have more whales, or if they're doing better.

Also, anybody with a good leveled yoda yet? Haven't seen too much discussion about him except that he may be a bit weaker than people anticipated, but I'm curious how well he works, and what sort of team compositions I should be ready for once yoda teams start making appearances. From a glance it looks like he has some killer abilities in regards to stealing buffs and then applying it to the whole team, but I'm curious how effective it will be in practice.

Also will confirm that the first chromium pack will get you a character. Just tried it out and got ug, which made me ugh irl but at least I got a character out of it. Will never ever buy a chromium pack again though, I really don't mind the (albeit slow) pace of gaining new characters because I simply don't play enough to justify whaling out. Plus I'd rather spend crystals on energy refills (but primarily for the sim tickets).

:L fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 16, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Joshy Bear posted:

Could use some advice on next steps:

Level 65. Main team is:
Lumi (7*)
Sid (7*)
QGJ (4*)
Phasma (6*)
Kylo (5*)

Other notables:
Jedi Consular, Dooku, Daka, Luke, Vader, Rey (soon) (all 4*)
Poe, Eeth Koth (3*)

Managing Rank 21-50 in Arena daily, but struggling to clear GW reliably; inevitably hit a lvl 70 high-starred roadblock or two; should get easier as I near 70 I guess.
Using crystals for 2 x Energy, 1 x Cantina daily.

Currently using GW tokens to max Phasma, Cantina tokens for QGJ.
Just sitting on 5,500 Arena tokens at the moment as not sure what to invest in.
Not sure who to farm in Cantina; keep working Kylo or swap to GS/someone else? (Kylo seems a bit slow and not doing too much damage).
Could divert and farm Mace and level JC/Eeth to pursue Yoda, but not too fussed about him.

Any thoughts?

I have a 7 star Kylo but I haven't used him in a while. I'd definitely recommend GS over Kylo, he just doesn't have enough of an impact especially in the current speed meta. Maybe one day there will be a speed leader for First Order. He's still pretty good in GW though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kylo shines in a tank-centric counter team, which you can DO, but I mean... it's not that great, even when you've got the best characters for it.

He's too slow and unreliable for the current speed meta, so I'd say go for Geo Soldier.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Reset started with only need two shards to unlock Fives. Okay I can do that I have two HM missions to run. NOT A SINGLE loving SHARD FROM EITHER. Okay that's fine this has happened before, I'll spend 50 shards to get another three attempts and that should be good. NOT A SINGLE SHARD AGAIN.

That, plus anytime a character needs 5 of a basic item and it turns out to spend two refreshes just to loving get 4/5 I am seriously getting tired of this poo poo. You can't call your item common if I can go 10 missions without a single one.

So now I think I can have a competent light side team that will only get better once I have Lumi.

Fives Leader: Clone Sergent, Ahsoka, JC, Poe. What do you guys think? I'm working on unlocking Eeth Roth and upgrading Jawa once I hit that droid wall. Little over halfway done with Lumi. And I just got Ahsoka into the legendary gear ranks.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 16, 2016

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
First chromium purchase netted me Asoka, so that's not bad. Good tip to point out for now.

Also echoing Geo Soldier sentiment, I am only level 44 and have it at one star, but it is surprisingly good at fighting. It's power rating is a lot lower than other characters I have but it does a great job and I plan on continuing to use it in pvp and galactic war modes for now. Also starring up the bug isnt going to take as long as getting Luke in the first place.

I am also pleased with my recent unlock of luminara and splitting my GW points between upgrading her and unlocking phasma.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Party Meiser posted:

First chromium purchase netted me Asoka, so that's not bad. Good tip to point out for now.

Also echoing Geo Soldier sentiment, I am only level 44 and have it at one star, but it is surprisingly good at fighting. It's power rating is a lot lower than other characters I have but it does a great job and I plan on continuing to use it in pvp and galactic war modes for now. Also starring up the bug isnt going to take as long as getting Luke in the first place.

I am also pleased with my recent unlock of luminara and splitting my GW points between upgrading her and unlocking phasma.

Rank and gear up Geo hard. I'm not even maxed out and his assist ability is on a one-turn cooldown. And it does more damage than my maxed Sid basic attack while calling in another person to attack.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I picked this up literally yesterday, and it's been pretty fun to dick around with while wasting time.

So, when I'm starting out, do I just try and farm/rank up these starter people I get for free? Is there someone I should be bolting to early on that will be an effective carry? And are the packages all ridiculously expensive?

I'm not going to drop 40 - 120 canadabux on a package in the store. Sub ten, and I might think about it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It depends on how you want to play the game. You can play it for fun like Pokemon and focus on just upgrading a team as much as you can as you unlock all the heroes you want. You can also play competitively by looking at what teams are currently popular and working towards those. And you can do a mixture of both by focusing on characters you think are cool.

You'll need to unlock characters by collecting shards. You can earn shards from Hard Mode Lightside/Darkside campaign missions, Cantina Battles, Arena or Galactic War shipments. If you are really new, you'll unlock those modes soon enough. In Cantina, Arena and Galactic War you will be earning a currency specific to each game mode used to purchase character shards. So you'll get these tokens and you can buy, say, 5 Sidious Shards from the Arena Shipments. Each Shipment store runs on a timer and restocks once that timer is done. Arena, Galactic War and Cantina Shipments are static. They do not change on the reset. The developers are slowly adding new characters to these shipments, but you shouldn't worry about a character there no longer being earnable. The regular shipment store (the one you see from the main menu), however, does cycle through. Since it uses Crystals (the real-life currency of the game) for character shards and credits for pieces of gear. As a new player as long as you have the money I'd recommend coming back when the timer is up and the store resets to purchase the gear that costs Credits. You'll be earning Crystals by completing missions, achievements, daily challenges and ranking rewards in the arena. I'd recommend saving crystals if you aren't wanting to spend real money on the game for energy refreshes. But as a new player you will be leveling up easily and leveling up will give you energy too. So for the time being just save all the Crystals you can.

So let's say you wanted to look at what teams are popular with other players. It's important to know where you can farm shards for those characters as to be competitive you'll want to upgrade a character to his maximum rank of 7 stars, while also farming gear that unlocks his abilities and increases his stats. So, here are the locations you can farm shards:

- Hard Mode Missions
- Store Shipments
- Cantina Battles
- Cantina Shipments
- Arena Shipments
- Galactic War Completions
- Galactic War Shipments

So if you wanted to unlock Sidious, Phasma and Poe, you'd want to farm them from three sources. Because as much as you play, you will never have enough to buy every character from every shipment store every reset. So for example you'd buy Sidious Shards from the Arena Shipments, Phasma Shards from the Galactic War Shipments, and Poe shards from the Cantina Battle Shipments. You can then farm Jedi Consular (JC) shards from Hard Mode missions and Geonosian Soldier from Cantina Battles. There you have a team right now.

You can only play a Hard Mode mission three times per day, per mission. So if you have played enough Lightside/Darkside missions to unlock multiple sources for a character you can farm them faster. For example I am currently trying to rank up JC. I am running Cantina Battles for his shards and I have two Hard Mode missions I can run for additional shards. I can run Cantina Battles as much as I have energy, but they refill slowly and are costly to refill. And the Hard Mode missions can only be ran three times. So with two different HM missions that give me JC shards I have 6 attempts at getting shards. You'll be needing more and more as they rank up, too.

Sorry, I must be awful at explaining things. But the important thing to know is that you can always ask here at what characters of yours you would want to focus on. Later on your play will be more regimented and you will be going for very specific goals. But for the time being as a new player you will level up and gear up quickly. So simply level your characters with training droids and unlock new missions. When the new missions seem hard, go back and farm for character shards or gear.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Kylo shines in a tank-centric counter team, which you can DO, but I mean... it's not that great, even when you've got the best characters for it.

He's too slow and unreliable for the current speed meta, so I'd say go for Geo Soldier.

Today I faced a maxxed Barris/Savage/Fives/Kylo/Poggle team in GW and they were rather nasty. I wonder how well it works in arena.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

rizzen posted:

So I picked this up literally yesterday, and it's been pretty fun to dick around with while wasting time.

So, when I'm starting out, do I just try and farm/rank up these starter people I get for free? Is there someone I should be bolting to early on that will be an effective carry? And are the packages all ridiculously expensive?

I'm not going to drop 40 - 120 canadabux on a package in the store. Sub ten, and I might think about it.

You should post your ally code so people here can add you. Having level 60+ 7* characters available is extremely helpful in both light/dark side missions and in the cantina when you start out.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

rizzen posted:

If you just jumped into this thread you'll probably see a lot of talk about Poe/qgj/kylo/poggle/etc. while they are definitely good characters, they are for a completely different realm of the game compared to where you are at. In order to get those strong characters, we need to first have a base of decent characters to progress through the game. I'll list a few characters that I felt are essential for progressing through the game,so that you may open up the ways to start harvesting shards.

You are eventually going to need old daka and lumi, so I would recommend those two first and then whatever characters you desire. They are both excellent healers. Daka is arguably the best dark side healer and gets a lot of play even in late game, while lumi holds her own for the other side with great heal, good attack, and a leadership ability that allows your characters to heal a little at the start of their turn.

Jedi consular will not be in your top tier team in late game but he'll definitely be good as a benchwarmer and is useful in the right conditions, so might as well level him up. Also the fact that he's your first and best healer for quite a while so might as well upgrade him right? But yeah stick with upgrading him over chewie in the beginning since jc will ultimately have more use.

Sidious is a solid choice and will carry through the long run, so I would also recommend focusing on him. He has solid attack skills and an ability to gain hp for each death, along with having critical up leadership skills for your team.

Don't worry too much about your starter chewie, I don't think I ever even starred him up (just levels) and he will tank for your team just long enough for you to find a replacement before he gets old.

Geno solider or Luke for a heavy hitter, I think most people jumped over to gs but I honestly still use Luke out of principle because gently caress that ugly rear end geno. Both can be found in the first couple cantina battles. Luke just has a solid gun with a chance of stun, while gs hits hard and allows a chance for a teammate to bonus attack. But again, gently caress his ugly rear end.

Ultimately just pick and choose to have fun, since following a formula in a game is kinda boring if everyone else is doing it. But the characters I listed above, I feel are really important in order to progress through the game, at least in the beginning. So yeah, the above will give you a good foundation on learning how a team works together, and from there you can pick which direction you want to go and build a new team after learning the fundamentals of the game and the little details within combat that you don't learn by just reading.

I wouldn't recommend getting those packs unless you plan on investing a bit. If anything though, try and buy one chromium pack with your crystals, as it'll guarantee you a character and that will help you a lot more in the beginning than say, level 60 (like my dumb rear end today). The daily crystal pack would be the best choice if you're gonna spend any money as it will give you a flow of crystals for every day you log in.

Also my previous post might help with some stuff like how to make sure you're always getting the daily activities and how to do gw with a little edge before you're at maxed out level. And also post your ally code so we can all give you high ranked teammates for you to play with and see how other character skills are before you commit yourself into working towards somebody.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Today I faced a maxxed Barris/Savage/Fives/Kylo/Poggle team in GW and they were rather nasty. I wonder how well it works in arena.

Yup, that's a tank team. Poggle seems like an odd placement, usually people are rocking something beefier, but I can see Pogdog pushing their damage over the edge.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Sjonkel posted:

You should post your ally code so people here can add you. Having level 60+ 7* characters available is extremely helpful in both light/dark side missions and in the cantina when you start out.

:L posted:

And also post your ally code so we can all give you high ranked teammates for you to play with and see how other character skills are before you commit yourself into working towards somebody.

474-573-212 is my code I think. Also pulled Luke out of the first chromium card.

Thanks for the infodumps, it's definitely majorly helpful to know this poo poo when starting out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rizzen posted:

474-573-212 is my code I think. Also pulled Luke out of the first chromium card.

Thanks for the infodumps, it's definitely majorly helpful to know this poo poo when starting out.

Grind Geo Soldier anyway, Luke is an objectively worse character at 7*.

Of course, they retool and rebalance this loving game every month, so who even knows, really?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does anyone know how much damage DoTs do? Is it %hp or something?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

If you're looking for something to do when your SW:GoH energy is recharging, I found a game that is pretty much identical in every way, except it has a bunch of little fantasy type guys.

Soul Hunters

There are a lot of similar games out there. Once you try these other games, you'll see that CG/EA basically just copied those games and just added Star Wars. What's really disconcerting is the fact that they copied these other games, but what they added themselves is almost universally terrible and anti-player and they left out many pro-player things.

I've gone completely F2P with this game, and I'm pretty much over it. I'll take the 10 minutes to spend my energy each day so I can keep it up to date in case the devs get their heads out of their asses. I just don't like the way this game is going.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
GW is a super-bear at max level, man. It alone almost makes this poo poo feel not worth it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
IG-86 needs a purple dildo and two purple laptops to get to gear 8. :negative:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm really surprised how low Poes health is. Mine is only 5* but 10.5k life is meh.

Also if I made an account from scratch knowing what I know now I'd skip Sidious. He just really doesn't hold up these days.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

commish posted:

There are a lot of similar games out there. Once you try these other games, you'll see that CG/EA basically just copied those games and just added Star Wars. What's really disconcerting is the fact that they copied these other games, but what they added themselves is almost universally terrible and anti-player and they left out many pro-player things.

I've gone completely F2P with this game, and I'm pretty much over it. I'll take the 10 minutes to spend my energy each day so I can keep it up to date in case the devs get their heads out of their asses. I just don't like the way this game is going.

Feels like we're still in some form of open beta, devs are working on a defense/tank/taunt rework and a lot of stuff feels done-to-be-barely-playable-first. Maybe the steak will be well-cooked in 9-12 months?

Marvel FF just came out and added 20 shards/dayx30 days for 10 bucks for a total of 600 shards (of your choice). And they've added something like... 7? 9? New characters since christmas (I started playing both these games around the same time).

It's pretty funny.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Ugh, after cruising through GW for my first few days with only one real speedbump I got my as handed to me by a group six levels higher. Fingers crossed I don't fight that team for a long while again.

Does losing in arena make you lose rank? I'm perfectly fine with floating around rank 350-500 for those drops for now.

• Locked thread