Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

+1 for "Received RB2 and Lego exports automatically, but not AC/DC."

Rock Band Twitter asks that we submit a ticket if we have this problem, but choosing "Product: Rock Band 4", "Support Request Type: Export" and "Game: Legacy Rock Band Titles" on the ticket submission form leaves "Console", a required field, with no options to choose. :facepalm:

I finally set both Product and Game/Product to "Rock Band 4". This populated the Console drop-down so I could submit the form.

El Destructo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Trash Boat posted:

My first order of business regarding the RB2 Export has now been taken care of.

Full disclosure, I played this guitar chart so much during the RB2/3 heyday that years later I still have the main riff committed to muscle memory. :v:

Strange, that's not Cool For Cats.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

El Destructo posted:

+1 for "Received RB2 and Lego exports automatically, but not AC/DC."

Rock Band Twitter asks that we submit a ticket if we have this problem, but choosing "Product: Rock Band 4", "Support Request Type: Export" and "Game: Legacy Rock Band Titles" on the ticket submission form leaves "Console", a required field, with no options to choose. :facepalm:

I finally set both Product and Game/Product to "Rock Band 4". This populated the Console drop-down so I could submit the form.

I think it's trying to ask you what game you're exporting TO, not FROM. I had to do the same thing for my 3 Export.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
I was finally able to sneak in some RB4 time this weekend, and I was once again reminded of how good the soundtrack for 2 is. Maybe because I only play guitar, but the setlist for 2 is my favorite by far. If nothing else the difficulty tiering for the songs is perfect. None of that weird RB3 nonsense where songs like Killing Loneliness and Humanoid are ranked higher than they should be.

I have also come to the conclusion that I'm pretty sure I'll never 5 star Birth in Reverse. My hands just keep loving it up, and with no practice mode, I can't even work on it. At least I was able to 5 star some other tracks (At Night In Dreams, Toys in the Attic, Dead Black)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Still bitter I couldn't get a RB2 export :sigh:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

http://twitter.com/RockBand/status/699246861241061377

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
A pass for me this week. All Motorhead songs sound the same to me.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Not Motorhead, but related... Angus Young (AC/DC): "I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same".

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaboobi posted:

new DLC tweet

I thought we already had Figure It Out, but on second thought I might just be confusing the 2016 DLC releases with the shittonne of SXM Alt Nation I'm subjected to in my wife's car. Gee, I wonder how someone could make that mistake…

farottone posted:

Not Motorhead, but related... Angus Young (AC/DC): "I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same".

I get a ton of static for this every time I get hyped for a new Clutch album as well. But gently caress, man. If I wanted to hear a different sound, I'd listen to one of the planet's ten million other bands. When I listen to a new Clutch album, I want to hear a loving Clutch album.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's weird because Clutch's albums all sound different and you can hear their sound evolve over the course of their career if you have even half an ear.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That's weird because Clutch's albums all sound different and you can hear their sound evolve over the course of their career if you have even half an ear.

:hfive: Spoken like a Clutch fan. I'm sure there are AC/DC fans, Beastie Boys fans, etc. who would say the same about those long-lived and little changing acts. But ask anyone who is aware of Clutch but not that into them, and they'll tell you every album sounds the same past the super early more metal stuff. Everything from about Elephant Riders on kind of has that "Clutch sound" to some extent.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Beelzebozo posted:

...Beastie Boys fans...who would say the same about those long-lived and little changing acts

You're taking the piss on this one, right?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

whypick1 posted:

You're taking the piss on this one, right?

See, found one. Nah, bruh. All their poo poo sounds exactly the same to me.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Beelzebozo posted:

See, found one. Nah, bruh. All their poo poo sounds exactly the same to me.

Now you're just trolling. If you think No Sleep Til Brooklyn sounds anything like Intergalactic, you're insane.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Every ten second clip from the Beastie Boys I've heard before changing stations all sounds the same. Either their sound never evolved (not a bad thing in all cases) or the radio doesn't play anything past the late 90's of theirs. Or maybe they didn't make anything past the late 90's.

Man, seeing The Mob Goes Wild and 50,000 Unstoppable Watts on RBN one day MADE MY DAY!!! I always wanted a fuckton more Clutch in Rock Band, especially their entire Blast Tyrant album. sogoooood.....

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Guys, guys, break it up, come on. We can all agree on one thing, and that is that Five Finger Death Punch is dogshit.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I had never even heard of Clutch until some people in this thread mentioned the tracks on RBN some years back, now they're one of my favorite bands.

Thanks, Rock Band thread!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

Guys, guys, break it up, come on. We can all agree on one thing, and that is that Five Finger Death Punch is dogshit.

yes

but yeah, I think the thing is with the Beasties is that, yes, in ten seconds on the radio, you're going to figure out that it's still Mike D, Adrock and MCA, whose voices, shockingly enough, didn't change all that much between 198X and 2016

but no the musical styles and songs changed completely multiple times

like how the gently caress does Gratitude sound anything like Shake Your Rump etc etc etc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Finally got the entire export done and am at like 1300 songs. OH MY GOD PLEASE ADD ALPHABETICAL SCROLLING

In other news, playing GG&HT for the first time in like five years was pretty great. Still can't handle the solos, but it's fun trying.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Ha ha, sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight! :shobon: They were honestly the first band that popped into my head after thinking, "hrm… what's another example of a band with a long career whose output remains relatively unchanging and instantly identifiable across releases?"

For what it's worth, I posed the question to GBS-FM listeners just now, and here are the initial responses:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Markman is leaving Mad Catz too, for those who don't know he was pretty much the face of their entire fighting game arcade stick division outside of the players they sponsor.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Every ten second clip from the Beastie Boys I've heard before changing stations all sounds the same. Either their sound never evolved (not a bad thing in all cases) or the radio doesn't play anything past the late 90's of theirs. Or maybe they didn't make anything past the late 90's.
I'm not even a Beastie Boys fan, but you should check out The In Sound from Way Out on whatever streaming service you have. Hopefully it's on there. It should take all of about 30 seconds before you ask, "Wait, did I gently caress up? Is this really the Beastie Boys?"

Making massive and sweeping generalizations based on what radio stations choose to play is kinda dumb.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't want to say I'm BAD about that because I don't think I'm 100% at fault. There have been multiple bands that when internet radio or whatever throws a random track that ISN'T the radio airplay I end up loving. I place blame squarely on the radio / labels or whatever though. If all I hear from a band is stuff I don't like then I'm at no point going to think, "Maybe if I listen to what they don't play it'll be better!"

That said, I'll check that album after this Spotify Discover Weekly queue is done. For all that is garbage about their service that feature is constantly giving me good recommendations. :tinfoil:

e: As an example I stopped listening to Korn after I stopped being 12. A coworker on the way back from lunch said I should check out their untitled album because the producer, the drummer, the recording, EVERYTHING was different and great. Sure enough it was bizarrely different and it was actually good MUSIC. Like, there was depth and poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 15, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Licensed to Ill and Hello Nasty might as well be two different bands.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That said, I'll check that album after this Spotify Discover Weekly queue is done. For all that is garbage about their service that feature is constantly giving me good recommendations. :tinfoil:

It's based on your listening habits so it's designed to make you like it.

I use Spotify mostly for workout songs I wouldn't listen to otherwise but have a good BPM and are catchy. My Spotify Discover Weekly is all Turn Down for What and stuff like that because of it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I meant it was weird because every other listening habits service (Last.fm, Pandora, RIP Grooveshark) would play poo poo I couldn't stand constantly.

I'm sure playing the music makes you more connected to it but because of that Rock Band and Rocksmith have gotten me hooked on LOTS of artists. I would have never known about Devin Townsend, Testament's older stuff, That Handsome Devil, PUSA, and lots of others if not for these games.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 15, 2016

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

My Spotify Discover Weekly is all Turn Down for What and stuff like that because of it.

I would play the poo poo out of the UABB/Ice T version of that in Rock Band. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wf9muPlL6o

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Is this what an aneurysm feels like?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

farottone posted:

I seem to recall one review I read when Black Ice came out that talked about how all AC/DC sounds the same, and so it required a different metric for reviewing the album. So they went track by track, and compared them to what they had deemed the Perfectly Average AC/DC song, Have A Drink On Me, deciding on a thumbs up or thumbs down based on whether there were more songs that were better or worse than that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Beelzebozo posted:

I would play the poo poo out of the UABB/Ice T version of that in Rock Band. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wf9muPlL6o

Punk Goes Pop?

Is that what counts as punk now? Jesus Christ.

e: I mean I wasn't really alive for real punk but as far as I know it was Dead Kennedys and Bad Brains and The Ramones and poo poo and what the gently caress happened to punk?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Punk Goes Pop?

Yeah who knows. The original isn't exactly The Beatles either. Those genre A goes genre B comps have gone way off the rails by now. Still some amusing/fun/dumb covers come out of them from time to time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is the dumbest post ever and that's coming from me

. Here is literally two songs from the same album that sound 100% different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIigon4-I-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilnnMzK_m8w

here's another two from another album that are radically different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIqiPtFh5Iw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDWz2iTHjQ

even loving pauls boutique had uniqueness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naf5uJYGoiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_CGEDfJ0Mk

worth a ban to stick up for the beasties, what a poo poo post. keep in mind these are just examples, Hello Nasty has a different sound on literally every song, and so does most of the other discography.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 16, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Because my ears are literally incapable of discerning Intergalactic from Brass Monkey from Girls from No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn. Chill out man, I'm not literally saying they all sound the exact same, I'm just saying they sound extremely similar to me (an artist has their own style, who knew?) and that I don't like any of the ones that get local radio airplay which has given me NO interest in seeking out more. xamphear's post about The In Sound from Way Out made me want to listen to an album.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Really hosed up that there are people who haven't listened to Paul's Boutique.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't listen to in sound from the way out, it's fine and good, but you're doing a disservice to yourself by not just listening to a "real" album. listen to hello nasty or check your head and it'll all make sense. pauls boutique is greatest album possibly of all time but it's not very diverse.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Punk Goes Pop?

Is that what counts as punk now? Jesus Christ.

e: I mean I wasn't really alive for real punk but as far as I know it was Dead Kennedys and Bad Brains and The Ramones and poo poo and what the gently caress happened to punk?

Emo.

I'm not even being snide, the big change is going from 90s skatepunk to early 00s second-wave emo and then to the derivations of that, metalcore and the like.

It's not like there's not great trad-punk bands out there doing their thing, but this is what time has molded things into.

e: also jesus, I love the beasties as much as the next guy but chill

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Speaking of "punk's evolved into some weird poo poo since the Ramones debut", when's all of Sandinista! getting released as DLC?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Electric Vision is still a bad song.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I guess I'm listening to multiple Beastie Boys albums in the near future to see if I can find something I dig. I enjoyed the Sabotage video if that counts for anything.

Dr Zaius posted:

Electric Vision is still a bad song.

The bizarre German techno song or did you mean Electric Version? I don't mind that song but I have it associated with Waiting so that's probably why.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Beelzebozo posted:

For what it's worth, I posed the question to GBS-FM listeners just now, and here are the initial responses:

So... How long did it take for someone to notice you asked about The Beastie Boys' dongs, not songs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

cronox2 posted:

Markman is leaving Mad Catz too, for those who don't know he was pretty much the face of their entire fighting game arcade stick division outside of the players they sponsor.

IIRC, he announced well before RB4 came out that he was leaving after SFV released, so he's probably the only person leaving the company now who wasn't actually laid off.