Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

These are so much better than anything else he does. He should go back to doing these full-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

It's terrifying how applicable the Feiffers still are.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Parahexavoctal posted:

It's terrifying how applicable the Feiffers still are.

As if that hasn't been the case for literally the entire history of journalism.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

This has always been one of my favorite C&H comics, and I'll be damned if I could explain why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It encapsulates the grind of adult life.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

LordSaturn posted:

These are so much better than anything else he does. He should go back to doing these full-time.

Yeah, Wahoo Terminal's not half-bad and I've even gotten a chuckle out of a couple of them. A few of them have skewed a little too close to Brooke's usual perverted word salad but even then I think those are probably modern "improvements." I wish this had been picked up, it might have spared us all the jizzbots and handsex.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals

Huh? Can someone Red and Rover this one?

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Darkest Auer posted:

Huh? Can someone Red and Rover this one?

The kid suggests in the third panel that his father only has a first-grade education and will be unable to assist him later. He is duly punished.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Radio Patrol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay I wasnt paying particularly close attention but either this strip really loving loves blinding people with small explosions or a whole lot of different strips love small explosions in people's faces.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Everything Counts posted:

The kid suggests in the third panel that his father only has a first-grade education and will be unable to assist him later. He is duly punished.

The kid implies that he is aging -- a taboo subject.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

No, actually he should go back to not doing anything full-time.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I really really want a room like that Moomin panel with the tree.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Okay I wasnt paying particularly close attention but either this strip really loving loves blinding people with small explosions or a whole lot of different strips love small explosions in people's faces.

While lots of soap comics enjoy explosions, especially the action ones, this particular storyline in Radio Patrol involves more than usual. Fun fact: the object being detonated in everybody's faces is literally an atom bomb. I imagine a later storyline will tell the tale of every person involved in this story dying of cancer.

Big Ben Bolt

Killing your hostages just to show the cops how big of a badass you are seems like an incredibly bad idea to me. Unless your plan is to get the whole prison massacred.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 15, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

And Bill Watterson's legacy lives on for another day

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Parahexavoctal posted:

I see "Vietnam Vet" on the coffee mug, and a "MISSING" poster for Original Phil on the filing cabinet, but what's that say on the computer screen?

I put "ger pe" in the first and "is" in the last as in longer penis flashing banner ad to drive home that Fritzi aint going to get that long hard dicking, but eather paint.net or imgur ruined that and I didn't notice it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Y'know, Nancy, maybe you shouldn't take advice from a paper which for some mysterious reason always features four random cartoon panels above the 'motivation' article. Also, Gilchrist must be destroyed.

quote:

Inspector Danger

First of all, that car could have been there 18 minutes for all we know - not "less than 10 minutes". And there are plenty of legit reasons not to stay long at a gallery. Like maybe it was a delivery guy. But above all, if your lovely gallery has only three parking spots for visitors then you're so small and insignificant that there'd be nothing worth stealing from you.

quote:

Deep Dark Fears

:unsmigghh:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This is why you shouldn't walk around with your whole tongue protruding out of your mouth

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Midnight (1943)

It's also an anagram for "Anal Wealth" did you think of that, Captain?
Classic Spider-Man (1998)

Where did they get the flamethrower from??
Gorrila Boy just says "wow this is great, also have an extra million for your silence" so we skiiiiipp

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 15, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hope by gasproof they mean it has a filtration system and/or closed oxygen circuit and not "well, a tube of silicon sealant is 5 bucks and we can pocket the difference..."

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

LordPants posted:

Captain Midnight (1943)

"Captain Midnight goes to learn whether a fortune teller in a Canadian city is a famous nazi spy" is one hell of a sentence. Also, Bond notwithstanding, shouldn't spies be, you know, not famous??

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 15, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Mark's on message, at least. Also, crickets? Fairly tasty.

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

My Lovely Horse posted:

I hope by gasproof they mean it has a filtration system and/or closed oxygen circuit and not "well, a tube of silicon sealant is 5 bucks and we can pocket the difference..."

Imagine the test run, "it worked great for fifteen minutes after we sealed the hatch, then the suit stopped moving"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 13, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean Presents The Buddyblog Experience!

Upside: They've traded up from a cellphone to a real camera. Downside: "The Buddyblog News" is every piece of Youtube clickbait in under ten minutes.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 8-9, 1928)

Thimble Theater pops a surprise on us. (September 3, 1929)

A guilty conscience feels like a bag of writhing snakes. At night, it comes out to eat mice.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater pops a surprise on us. (September 3, 1929)

A guilty conscience feels like a bag of writhing snakes. At night, it comes out to eat mice.

I'm sure Castor invested all his money wisely in the the stock market.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

I used to have those things in my basement, no loving way. To illustrate, a cave cricket:

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Feiffer (click for big)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/77_Sunset_Strip
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Untouchables_(1959_TV_series)
Face the Nation is still on TV, as far as I know.

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Not Scalia. He dead.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

How about a new strip? Last year Fingerpori artist Pertti Jarla started doing a weekly autobiographical strip Jäätävä Spede (translates literally as Freezing Pertti but also means Awkward rear end). Here's the first one:

They are all in the same fold, very un-Fingerporiesque, just awkward or annoying observations from his own life. I like them.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

EDIT: ^^^ that owns, pls post it forever tia

Slammy posted:

Life In Hell

I need a better scan of this, so I can put it up in my cubicle. No, it won't change anything. But it'll make me smile.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set seeks value.

Working Daze has its priorities straight.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix raises a good point.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jäätävä Spede

As is evident, this is the Finnish equivalent of Deep Dark Fears.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Heavenly Nostrils

This seems inconvenient, yet logical.

Heading into a new story this week, we peer into the alternate universe where video game arcades haven't vanished. Anyone know of any around that aren't a Dave and Buster's?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Geomancing posted:

Heading into a new story this week, we peer into the alternate universe where video game arcades haven't vanished. Anyone know of any around that aren't a Dave and Buster's?
According to the primary source above, there is one called GameKablam. :colbert:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nenonen posted:

Jäätävä Spede

As is evident, this is the Finnish equivalent of Deep Dark Fears.

This is great!

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 22, 1951)

Barnaby (June 29, 1942)

Nancy (March 8, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 19, 1928)

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Geomancing posted:

Both of the last two cities I've lived in had "Barcades" with a bunch of 90s/early aughts cabinets

But yeah I think the target audience is nostalgic 30somethings not kids anymore

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, we've got a barcade downtown too. The machines are set up for free play, but you have to squeeze past the impromptu drunk street fighter 2 tournament that always ends up forming about half an hour after the place opens. Just Play Along Comix.

Dogs are a lot like us sometimes.

Ballard Street

How come there hasn't been some social app that lets you set your own theme song and have it play on other people's phones when you walk in the room? I'm patenting this idea right now, by the way, so don't get any ideas.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Margo's doing some really dramatic poses there. I think all of this crazy fantasy stuff finally caught up with her.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Geomancing posted:

There's allegedly one at the mall near me. I need to go check it out sometime.

• Locked thread