Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

starkebn posted:

but the cooldown for an AC/2 is 480ms?

Yep. So using chain fire on ac2s is worse than just clicking wildly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

starkebn posted:

but the cooldown for an AC/2 is 480ms?

Yeah, except you boat like 4 of them. Think of the program as clicking for you while you hold down the button, instead of you doing the clicking manually. If you watch the entire video the guy explains it pretty well. All the program does is let you set up a group of weapons to fire at the highest possible DPS. So, if you had a King Crab with 6 AC/2 the program would be firing your guns in a chain that would allow you to permanently sustain fire. As soon as the last gun in the fire chain goes ON cooldown, the next gun will be OFF cooldown and ready to be fired. Rinse and repeat and boom you know have a minigun bullet hose.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Endbuster posted:

Yeah, except you boat like 4 of them. Think of the program as clicking for you while you hold down the button, instead of you doing the clicking manually. If you watch the entire video the guy explains it pretty well. All the program does is let you set up a group of weapons to fire at the highest possible DPS. So, if you had a King Crab with 6 AC/2 the program would be firing your guns in a chain that would allow you to permanently sustain fire. As soon as the last gun in the fire chain goes ON cooldown, the next gun will be OFF cooldown and ready to be fired. Rinse and repeat and boom you know have a minigun bullet hose.

yeah, I understand all of this, I even used to use a UAC/5 script back in the day. I just didn't realise AC2s recycled that fast.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TeeMerk posted:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/222207-please-stop-telling-me-how-to-build/

Brown Sea Toiletry but I had a chuckle and didn't read much past the first post.

Also, goons press R!!

This thread is beautiful BTW

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

PGI changed my name. I guess Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky was too offensive for them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Which Mechwarrior are you now

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Oh Snapple! posted:

Which Mechwarrior are you now

Think I touched a nerve with my "There will be no ban wave"" thread. That seems to have gotten deleted too. Most of the people that replied agreed.

Time to argue with support

Edit: Suggest me some good names. After reading the code of conduct I have to give them 3 names.

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 16, 2016

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Raged posted:

Think I touched a nerve with my "There will be no ban wave"" thread. That seems to have gotten deleted too. Most of the people that replied agreed.

Edit: Suggest me some good names. After reading the code of conduct I have to give them 3 names.

Helios Ban Wave Kerensky

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

How about Gya Tot Lylerac for maximum obfuscation? They can't possibly find a fault with this one!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

apostateCourier posted:

Helios Ban Wave Kerensky

Lmao

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That's a good one.

Also

Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky

Libluini posted:

How about Gya Tot Lylerac for maximum obfuscation? They can't possibly find a fault with this one!

Hell I don't even know what that means

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

TAIWAN NUMBAH WAHN

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Jimb posted:

Feeling bored today so i'm coming back as Seadogs. Although I haven't played since the days we could still bait half the opposing team to disconnect with the "Alt-F4 for third person" shtick and I think Awesomes were the flavor of the day. I have no idea what I'm doing now.

The "alt-F4" trick is now a bannable offense. The current super-popular mechs are Arctic Cheetah, Firestarter, Stormcrow, Timber Wolf and Stalker and a few others. Crabs and Marauders are popular because of their tanky body shapes. Warhammers just got released so lots of people got one. Blackjacks were good until they recently got quirk-nerfed along with a ton of other Inner Sphere mechs. There's a new big-rear end mostly-flat arctic map which most of the playerbase doesn't like very much. Events good, grind bad.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

How is alt+f4 a bannable offense

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

How is alt+f4 a bannable offense

Well, telling others to do it probably won't go well for you after a while.

e: I miss the days of it being guaranteed that at least 2 people would DC with no way to return to the game. Such a quaint time that was.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

Well, telling others to do it probably won't go well for you after a while.

That's poo poo I figured out when I was 14 and I was on 56k internet. How the gently caress does anyone not know that.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If it was possible to shoot yourself with your mech weapons you would see pubbies doing it every other game

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

That's poo poo I figured out when I was 14 and I was on 56k internet. How the gently caress does anyone not know that.

For a long time in the beta we used to do it regularly and no one was punished for it at the time, I imagine in part because it would require differentiating the game crashing/disconnecting from being deliberately terminated.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

We got over 1000 unique people to do it during the closed beta and early open beta days. When 3rd person first got added it was bound to F4. Cultural victory :3:

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

ZenVulgarity posted:

New people growing up with more familiarity with technology, but ultimately not any more knowledge, or even less knowledge since they don't have to figure it out the hard way. AKA: A sucker is born every minute.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

mashed_penguin posted:

We got over 1000 unique people to do it during the closed beta and early open beta days. When 3rd person first got added it was bound to F4. Cultural victory :3:

Jesus loving Kerensky

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

mashed_penguin posted:

It hit its peak when we got an IGP employee.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Great Beer posted:

Jesus loving Kerensky

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

It was a masterpiece. Just some banter we would throw up in chat.

1st person: "Hey how do you enable third person?"
2nd person: "Alt-F4"
3rd person: "don't spread that poo poo rear end in a top hat it's OP and hosed up."
*Player Ponyballs has disconnected*
*Player Deathboner has disconnected*
*Player Snuggle has disconnected*

The fact that the disconnects would show immediately in chat is what made it so satisfying.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Sometimes you didn't even have to mislead them with third-person controls. Just saying "WOWEE! ALT+F4!" earned me more than a few disconnects.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Raged posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

PGI changed my name. I guess Helios Skeet Skeet Kerensky was too offensive for them.

holy moly i was just in a match with you. i got one kill on a lurmboat who didn't turn around or visibly react while i raven shot him in the butt three times. then i got surrounded and died horribly

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Will they ban you if you just type "Please do not press alt-F4" and let pubby psychology go to work?

I mean you're on their side here, really.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Raged posted:

Butt Kerensky
Butt Butt Kerensky
Butt Butt Butt Kerensky

Washout fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 16, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Excuse me I am Pakistani please do not make fun of such a distinguished and noble name.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm guessing PGI customer support runs as slow as everything else. Going to push forward with Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. I figure there is a good overlap between Star Citizen and MWO and I eagerly await being TKed by the SC faithful.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tujague posted:

The "alt-F4" trick is now a bannable offense. The current super-popular mechs are Arctic Cheetah, Firestarter, Stormcrow, Timber Wolf and Stalker and a few others. Crabs and Marauders are popular because of their tanky body shapes. Warhammers just got released so lots of people got one. Blackjacks were good until they recently got quirk-nerfed along with a ton of other Inner Sphere mechs. There's a new big-rear end mostly-flat arctic map which most of the playerbase doesn't like very much. Events good, grind bad.

cicadas are pretty good now

urbanmechs are in the game

the mechlab is better, but modules are still a pain in the rear end

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jimb posted:

It was a masterpiece. Just some banter we would throw up in chat.

1st person: "Hey how do you enable third person?"
2nd person: "Alt-F4"
3rd person: "don't spread that poo poo rear end in a top hat it's OP and hosed up."
*Player Ponyballs has disconnected*
*Player Deathboner has disconnected*
*Player Snuggle has disconnected*

The fact that the disconnects would show immediately in chat is what made it so satisfying.

it shouldn't even be bannable now you can just rejoin #showerthoughts

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Blackjacks are still gonna be p. good even post-nerf, they just won't be running around with their internals open for ten minutes after everyone is dead

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
What Mumble are people generally using? CTS? The OP just referrers to using Mumble as far as I can tell and not which one.

E: Or just invite Seadogs, however you are doing it.

Jimb fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 16, 2016

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Guys. Guys. I just won a match and didn't do anything except help capture and then shoot my friends arm off at the end. My player rating did not rise at the end of the match. I think this may be important.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Raged posted:

I'm guessing PGI customer support runs as slow as everything else. Going to push forward with Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. I figure there is a good overlap between Star Citizen and MWO and I eagerly await being TKed by the SC faithful.

There have been major ISP issues all over the USA today and replying to those tickets has taken a higher than usual amount of CSR time.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Great Beer posted:

I still have the link to the honor roll video. Over 800 before open beta, and that's just after we started writing down names. I can't believe we got max. liao more than once. What ever happened to him? Or was it Metro who was the CapCom sperg?

https://vimeo.com/52827979

F4 being the 3PV button was the greatest CW victory.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

I am enjoying the Trial Enforcer 4R immensely. Send help. Also more mechbays, and change CW so I can run all mediums and give my spare tonnage to someone else.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Washout posted:

Yet another reason to just use 5 SPL instead of 6.

I too blew 3 million cbills on 6 LBX-AC5's, the best match was when phorashi charged straight at me with a nova without even twisting and cored me out before I even turned his armor orange.

All these choices were bad, and to clarify my position, I'm not scared to put XL's in IS robots.

Run the 6 in the Cheatah, just hold off shooting all the time you impatient dick (me). 6x LB5's? gently caress you.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Butt Al-Baghdadi Kerensky

• Locked thread