Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

you literally know nothing about me and are already making snap judgments against my person. what does that say about you?

It's soapgish. This dude once argued that Lana Wachowski had nothing left in the creative tank because "losing your sole struggle in life [transitioning to a woman] is a sword in the heart for an artist." He's a loon, he's not worth it, and I learned that the hard way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DivisionPost posted:

It's soapgish. This dude once argued that Lana Wachowski had nothing left in the creative tank because "losing your sole struggle in life [transitioning to a woman] is a sword in the heart for an artist." He's a loon, he's not worth it, and I learned that the hard way.

What the gently caress? This has got be in the top one thousand stupidest things.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Uhhhh yeah, I stand by the statement that unhappy artists who are working through challenges are by and large superior to happier ones working through fewer challenges, no matter what they may be. Shocking and offensive, apparently, but also true.

And I stand by the idea that if HELLBOY 2 were a massive hit and Ron Perlman wanted to get paid for 3 and not be red, I'd say he deserves shade, along with whoever is renegotiating with him at the end of his contract and rewarding past performance.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

soapgish posted:

And I stand by the idea that if HELLBOY 2 were a massive hit and Ron Perlman wanted to get paid for 3 and not be red, I'd say he deserves shade, along with whoever is renegotiating with him at the end of his contract and rewarding past performance.

Hellboy isn't a shapeshifter.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
In addition, naked Blue Mystique is an invention for the movies.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

soapgish posted:

Uhhhh yeah, I stand by the statement that unhappy artists who are working through challenges are by and large superior to happier ones working through fewer challenges, no matter what they may be. Shocking and offensive, apparently, but also true.

How dare that loving BITCH not suffer for my amusement! Let it go, you loving weirdo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

How dare that loving BITCH not suffer for my amusement! Let it go, you loving weirdo.

That's way weirder than anything I said. Also, reading comprehension, that was my bowing statement on the matter, brain trust.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I sure wish we get a full Ghostbusters trailer instead of having to read soapgish's posts again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen753JD5kI

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I sure wish we get a full Ghostbusters trailer instead of having to read soapgish's posts again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen753JD5kI

I'm glad there was a trailer for the trailer otherwise I might not have been aware that there was a trailer coming in a month.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I still have some doubts about Feig being able to direct it on the level Ivan Reitman did with the original, but they sure did do a good job making it feel big in those few seconds we got.

And call me crazy, I liked that little Ray Parker Jr. sting at the end.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I think you might be overstating Ivan Reitman's directorial capabilities there. Feig's no Edgar Wright at visual comedy, but he's shown more style and capability than just about anything Reitman's done outside of Ghostbusters.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

And somehow coming in with more worthwhile footage than that Ghostbusters trailer announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQQMLE4FuIQ

The cinematography is already so much better than TFA's it's killing me

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DivisionPost posted:

"losing your sole struggle in life [transitioning to a woman] is a sword in the heart for an artist."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yeah, we get it, you'll say something is wrong while being incapable of explaining how or why.
And DivisionPost made public he keeps notes on forums posters who have made him butthurt before. lol Sweet Slambook, you little Mean Girl.

Move on.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

And somehow coming in with more worthwhile footage than that Ghostbusters trailer announcement:

This was awesome, and still not the most exciting Star Wars new of the day. Laura Dern has officially been cast.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Cross-Section posted:

Haha are you loving kidding me you've judged the cinematography from one 2 second non-production shot?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If the B-reel is that good the real deal (real deal reel?) has got to be top notch!

soapgish posted:

Yeah, we get it, you'll say something is wrong while being incapable of explaining how or why.
And DivisionPost made public he keeps notes on forums posters who have made him butthurt before. lol Sweet Slambook, you little Mean Girl.

Move on.

Sorry, I couldn't resist quoting someone who is so very desperate to get the last word in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cross-Section posted:

You're trying too hard.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

teagone posted:

The final BvS trailer got me hype as hell, especially since we finally heard a line of dialogue from Gal Gadot :allears: Had some free time over the weekend so I cut a trailer together for the solo Wonder Woman movie because I'm an overly excited nerd. Literally finished it 10 minutes ago. Now I can sleep, lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AAbBosQ0s

Where did you pull the WWI footage from?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Pretty impressive to make the stupidest comment on a page that soapgish has posted on.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
A single long shot of a space island... I am laid low. I am slain. The Force Awakens, you fraudulent devil, begone from my sight in my bittersweet final moments

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

sbaldrick posted:

Where did you pull the WWI footage from?

A Very Long Engagement, War Horse, and The Water Diviner.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

soapgish posted:

Move on.

I'm not incapable of explaining it, I just lack the energy or give-a-gently caress to explain it. So instead, I'm calling you a stupid rear end in a top hat until you leave.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Pretty impressive to make the stupidest comment on a page that soapgish has posted on.

Thanks! :haw:

Okay, I may have exaggerated a bit (also in itself an exaggeration!), but what little there is in that video looks real darn pretty, at least in regards to lighting. :shobon:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 16, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not incapable of explaining it, I just lack the energy or give-a-gently caress to explain it. So instead, I'm calling you a stupid rear end in a top hat until you leave.

No, you actually have nothing to say to the contrary that the happier artist isn't as good as the unhappy one as it's a classic, world-versed idea for correct reason. And you have nothing to say about the Wachowski batting average which more than speaks for itself. You may disagree in some blunt sense but specifically, you're just stupid and an rear end in a top hat, and continuing the derail. Group-Think High School has determined I'm an idiot and I proudly wear that badge. Move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how insufferable

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

soapgish posted:

Group-Think High School has determined I'm an idiot

soapgish posted:

it's a classic, world-versed idea for correct reason.

And there it is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Midnight Special trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UU_CC81aGM

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

soapgish posted:

No, you actually have nothing to say to the contrary that the happier artist isn't as good as the unhappy one as it's a classic, world-versed idea for correct reason. And you have nothing to say about the Wachowski batting average which more than speaks for itself. You may disagree in some blunt sense but specifically, you're just stupid and an rear end in a top hat, and continuing the derail. Group-Think High School has determined I'm an idiot and I proudly wear that badge. Move on.

jfc

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Alice trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKE0Py64jmk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jefferson Airplane hip hop remix is the worst trailer music I've heard in a long rear end time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I don't much care at all for that trailer. No sir.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Group Think High School football rules!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

if only we had a crimson peak / alice mashup movie

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

soapgish posted:

Just curious, has talking like this ever worked out for you

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Vagabundo posted:

Group Think High School football rules!

Yeah? Well all the girls at Group Think High School are sluts

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Now I know how AM feels about humans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Jefferson Airplane hip hop remix is the worst trailer music I've heard in a long rear end time

It's like they took the NIN/50 Cent Closer mashup and used it as a base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
From the director of Tremors 5, Jarhead 2: Field of Fire (what?) and two episodes of Silk Stockings, comes this year's cinematic masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLRtcrlKOi8

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 16, 2016

• Locked thread