Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well you can't softball it out there like that, you know he's gonna dog it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I bet that's the only time you made her squirt

What in the gently caress dude.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

rack em

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ouch.

Why? :smith:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Schubalts posted:

...what do they eat that other people around the world don't also eat? Natto???

Something about plants that are shaped weird? I don't loving know, he's a terrible person.

When I was a teen, here's the piece of dating advice he gave me:

If a guy comes onto you and you don't like it, say "hey buster" because it gets the point of cross but doesn't make them feel like a fool. But if you do want to make them feel like a fool, say "hey buddy."

That's right, if someone's being a creepy rear end in a top hat, my first thought should be to not hurt their feelings too much.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

flosofl posted:

gently caress you.

You wake up to her with blood running and bubbling out her mouth making moaning sounds that will haunt you forever. You do chest compressions hearing bones crack and blood squirting out her loving nostrils until the EMTS show up pulling you off her. Oh, and you had to run and unlock the door so they could get in when they show up. And always wonder if those 30 seconds you spent doing that made a difference. You be unable to fall asleep except for exhaustion because every time you close your eyes you see the blood. THEN you can say PTSD from my fiancé dying in front of my eyes is not real.

I hope you die painfully slow and all alone. You gently caress.

I can't even loving imagine what it would be like or what I would do if my this happened to my own fiancé. Jesus Christ :smith: I'm so sorry dude, for whatever tiny bit it might be worth, you have my sincerest condolences

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

God loving dammit. OP is my cousin, first reply is her sister in law, second is me. Jesus gently caress

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CherryCola posted:

God loving dammit. OP is my cousin, first reply is her sister in law, second is me. Jesus gently caress

I'm surprised they were allowed to buy a child ticket, and I'm guessing they didn't voluntarily buy two adult tickets.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

DAMMMMMMMMMMMM

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

I'm surprised they were allowed to buy a child ticket
Why?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:perfect:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Because it's an R-rated movie?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I'm surprised they were allowed to buy a child ticket, and I'm guessing they didn't voluntarily buy two adult tickets.
If tix were only $5, it was probably a matinee with only one ticket price/level. But someone behind the counter (or the ticket-taker) should have noticed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

parents can bring kids into R rated movies, this is America

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

As long as you're 21+ (and sometimes only 18) you can bring kids in. I'm more surprised a 9yo wasn't okay seeing a gory R movie. Do kids nowadays not watch all the horror movies and stuff they can get during sleepovers?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Age ratings of 12A and over are legally binding in the UK, it's a crime to sell movie tickets/DVDs to the under the age of the rating. Potential of up to six months in prison and a £5000 fine.

And I like it that way :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Schubalts posted:

Because it's an R-rated movie?

It's not against the law to bring kids to an R movie.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Nothing in the rules says a dog can't play basketball...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mu Zeta posted:

No, but it is against most theatres' policies, I believe.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Scathach posted:

As long as you're 21+ (and sometimes only 18) you can bring kids in. I'm more surprised a 9yo wasn't okay seeing a gory R movie. Do kids nowadays not watch all the horror movies and stuff they can get during sleepovers?

My cousin mentioned later on in the thread that it was the sexual humor she wasn't okay with but that she's let him watch a lot of other super violent R rated movies. BUT HEAVEN FORBID SEX IS A THING.

CherryCola has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Feb 16, 2016

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

No, but it is against most theatres' policies, I believe.

NC-17 is the one they won't let you bring a kid to. Kids can't get into an R movie on their own but it's fine with a guardian. At least to every theater I've ever been to.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

NC-17 is the one they won't let you bring a kid to. Kids can't get into an R movie on their own but it's fine with a guardian. At least to every theater I've ever been to.

When do theaters run NC-17 movies (at least in America)? I figured it'd be like with retailers not carrying AO rated video games because they wouldn't make any money.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

When do theaters run NC-17 movies (at least in America)? I figured it'd be like with retailers not carrying AO rated video games because they wouldn't make any money.

In cities and college towns they do.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

AlbieQuirky posted:

In cities and college towns they do.

Anecdotally speaking, I went to school in a college town and live in a city and at one point worked at an AMC theater and I've never seen an NC-17 rated movie being run. :confused:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

CherryCola posted:

My cousin mentioned later on in the thread that it was the sexual humor she wasn't okay with but that she's let him watch a lot of other super violent R rated movies. BUT HEAVEN FORBID SEX IS A THING.

Americans are so weird.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Practical Demon posted:

Americans are so weird.

I'm an Anerican and I agree. We're a developing country masquerading as a developed one. I guess that's what you get from a country founded by religious extremists, frontiersmen, and indentured servants/slaves.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Anecdotally speaking, I went to school in a college town and live in a city and at one point worked at an AMC theater and I've never seen an NC-17 rated movie being run. :confused:

So in Cambridge they run NC-17 movies at the Landmark Kendall Square, and in New York I've seen them at the IFC Film Center. It doesn't surprise me that the big chains don't run them.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:stare:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CherryCola posted:

Second poster is p good lookin. Too bad she's related to those other people in that thread lol.

Also, OP here knows its LEGAL, she's just saying that there are obvious markers that it MIIIIIGHT not be ok for kids, and that the family members were being ignorant. In other news, where are movie theater tickets for new releases $5?!

For content, I know its the South thread, but...I think its relevant and its given me a few laughs over the last few days.

You may notice that me and a few other posters have had a different avatar. This dude in the South thread keeps buying it for us no matter how many times we change. I think he's so mad about the South bashing that he's spent $50+ on avatars alone. That is some stupid poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tbf 'Huge Vertical Space Prick' is one hell of a string of words.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tbf 'Huge Vertical Space Prick' is one hell of a string of words.

Oh! It was because when he originally did it, he made all of the avatars maximum length, so it'd be like 1000 lines of blank space every post. A mod went in and just put in the italics to save us all headaches.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Jastiger posted:

In other news, where are movie theater tickets for new releases $5?!

Somewhere in St. Louis I guess? loving Missouri, man.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Showgirls was nc-17 when it was first released.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Scarf posted:

Showgirls was nc-17 when it was first released.

And was a grand experiment to make NC-17 a normal theater thing. It bombed hard and there've been barely any films with that rating carried at big chain multiplexes since. Like others have said, at the fancy schmancy indie/artsy theaters you'll see stuff with that rating or no rating at all, but that's it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

In other news, where are movie theater tickets for new releases $5?!

i can get $5 on a Tuesday matinee in shithole ohio

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
NC-17 ratings pretty much only go to foreign films in limited release and rarely to an independent film with a stubborn director who refuses to cut it for the MPAA. No studio is going to allow a film to get that rating, after the incident Scarf mentioned with Showgirls. Hell, majority of films in the last couple decades have been cut to avoid Rs, and it's only recently that producers have remembered that those movies can actually make money. Judd Appatow proved a while ago R comedies still work. Now, Deadpool is going to usher in a new wave of R action films, as well. Though they'll all probably have very unfortunate attempts at fourth wall breaking humor shoved in.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nanomashoes posted:

Nothing in the rules says a dog can't play basketball...

When I was like 12 our whole class went to see Saving Private Ryan at the theater. As long as there is a guardian the theater isn't going to stop anyone. It's not like the US government is giving these ratings.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Or just live in Canada where most movies are 14+ here (Deadpool included) since we aren't tiny babies when it comes to a boob on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Or just live in Canada where most movies are 14+ here (Deadpool included) since we aren't tiny babies when it comes to a boob on screen.

we are just babies when women cover their faces

• Locked thread