Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"I've returned from the depths of Hell's Mouth to do battle with you, Detective Pikablu."

Man, it would be so great if Pikachu got a dark and tragic past of intrigue and the main human character is just like "Who knew this random Pikachu had so much backstory?! :stare:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

More importantly, is Danny Devito attending E3 2016?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nth Doctor posted:

Is there a way to search GTS for people who want a specific pokemon I wish to trade and I see what they've deposited? Because that seems useful.

There used to be an RSS feed someone set up of the postings to the GTS back in D/P/Pt days. :(

I really wish you could input a pokemon you have and see what you can trade it for. SO useful instead of what there is now :(

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I just got a 3DS yesterday and I'm really eager to get back into Pokemon.

I know the OP says to go with the most recently released game, does that still apply to OR/AS? I know they are remakes. Would I be missing out on much if I decided on X and Y?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

x and y are better but u could get ruby sapphire and wait for z

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

ORAS has a wider selection of not-available-in-XY-not-even-as-trades and a lot of ways to get legendary or otherwise hard to get Pokemon. So that's pretty good.

Otherwise get whatever. I enjoyed them both. And I played AS right after playing Emerald with my kid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Carlosologist posted:

I hope Detective Pikachu gets a Godot like rival, one who just has it out for him for super complicated reasons

I hope that rival is a Slowpoke and he's also trying to stop you from solving cases you've already finished.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I hope that rival is a Slowpoke and he's also trying to stop you from solving cases you've already finished.

Somebody fast track this to the developers please

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Something like this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMF1fX8Irs

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I just got a 3DS yesterday and I'm really eager to get back into Pokemon.

I know the OP says to go with the most recently released game, does that still apply to OR/AS? I know they are remakes. Would I be missing out on much if I decided on X and Y?

I'd suggest picking up OR/AS and holing out for Pokemon Z. We'll hopefully get an announcement about it soon!

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
It's not super relevant, but going back to XY after playing ORAS is painful as all heck if your a pokemon collector, the dexnav is such a huge improvement that I'm not sure I'd even get Z if they don't add it in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is no point in a new pokemon game/generation if trainer customisation is not back with an extremely expanded wardrobe. It's the best thing about X and Y.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with Omega Ruby.

After doing some reading it seems that it's got better post-game potential as well. Not that I'm any good.

I just want a Bulbasaur. I love Bulbasaur.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There is no point in a new pokemon game/generation if trainer customisation is not back with an extremely expanded wardrobe. It's the best thing about X and Y.

Agreed. It's such a great feature.

I like that it makes my friend list more diverse. I can tell if a certain friend is online at a glance because she likes to wear a certain hat. And I like seeing how other trainers dress themselves up in online battles.

I also like to dress myself up according to the kinds of pokemon I'm training or where I'm going.

In any RPG, I like when they have winter outfits for the cast when they need to go to a cold, snowy place.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Nessa posted:

Agreed. It's such a great feature.

I like that it makes my friend list more diverse. I can tell if a certain friend is online at a glance because she likes to wear a certain hat. And I like seeing how other trainers dress themselves up in online battles.

I also like to dress myself up according to the kinds of pokemon I'm training or where I'm going.

In any RPG, I like when they have winter outfits for the cast when they need to go to a cold, snowy place.

I would just be happy with being able to customize skin/hair/eyes.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dienes posted:

I would just be happy with being able to customize skin/hair/eyes.

If nothing else, we need to at least keep that.

I just like being able to customize everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

After doing some reading it seems that it's got better post-game potential as well. Not that I'm any good.

Bulbasaur is cool.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
moriaraichu

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
the rotomenbach fall

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can get a Bulbasaur in X and Y.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, thanks to online trading you can get one in ORAS just as easily.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If you feel like being a dildo, you can easily get one from one of those Pokemon sending apps.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Or you could ask someone in the trading thread to breed you one. :)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

If you feel like being a dildo, you can easily get one from one of those Pokemon sending apps.

dildos are literally created solely to get laid, why wouldn't i want to be one

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I never stated any personal grievance against dildos; please do not persecute me.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The genius of it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A Dildo dildoes what dick don't.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
So what are the chances Pokemon Z will have Magearna and a small handful of new Pokemon (such as a Dragon Eeveelution), giving us essentially Pokemon Gen 6.5? No new starters obviously but maybe like a small expansion of Pokemon?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lupus Rufus posted:

So what are the chances Pokemon Z will have Magearna and a small handful of new Pokemon (such as a Dragon Eeveelution), giving us essentially Pokemon Gen 6.5? No new starters obviously but maybe like a small expansion of Pokemon?

I would guess not, but who the gently caress knows.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My only thought is, if they could have released a mainline Pokemon game last year, they would have. But they kept it away for a reason, and I need to know what that reason was. What crazy features they might be adding.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Lupus Rufus posted:

Extremely slim as it would cause all kinds of compatibility issues with the other Gen 6 games. Then again, mega evolutions function almost like new Pokemon with their own game data and in-game stats... Although they're only available in-battle and can't be traded as mega-forms into other games.

Munchlax was released to the public long before Diamond and Pearl were released (I think about 28 months) so Magearna might be a similar case.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's 2016, they could release compatibility patches for the old games that add data for Magearna and whatever else they want to add

they probably won't because nintendo's only kinda sorta understanding this whole internet thing but technology ain't holding that idea back anymore

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Alxprit posted:

My only thought is, if they could have released a mainline Pokemon game last year, they would have. But they kept it away for a reason, and I need to know what that reason was. What crazy features they might be adding.

2016's the 20 year anniversary, they probably decided to wait until this year for that reason.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
http://twitter.com/EskueroVGC/status/699277089116200960

such sheer variety

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
KYUREM-WHITE

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Turns out that allowing box legendaries completely focuses the meta around them. Who would have thought

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

they should put mega-kang and talonflame on the box of z

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm just glad someone else out there shares my love of Lilligant.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I wonder if Nintendo will ever hold a tournament in that format again after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm surprised there's only one Mega Ray on that list.

• Locked thread