Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Absolutely none of these colors appear in the trailer for the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Yes, and?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

caligulamprey posted:

Also, both those characters have skin in the movie. Somebody better be getting fired over this poo poo.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Light Gun Man posted:

Maybe it's just the encoding on that, but I suddenly thought "oh they are making FMV games for VR?"

I agree that stuntman flicks could certainly be more common.

They could adopt the Scarecrow books if they want that kind of movie with a built-in audience. Those books rule.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

effectual posted:

They could adopt the Scarecrow books if they want that kind of movie with a built-in audience. Those books rule.

Scarecrow books? You lost me there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

flosofl posted:

Scarecrow books? You lost me there.

Matthew Reilly, an Australian novelist whose main book series revolves around a marine nicknamed Scarecrow. The books are batshit insane action movies in book form, and by and large know they're being completely ridiculous. One book has a bad guy with an honest to goodness shark pit for prisoners in his evil fortress.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Slugworth posted:

Also, both those characters have skin in the movie. Somebody better be getting fired over this poo poo.

The skeleton lobby won't stand for this.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Bat symbol in the teeth is fine, but then I can't help seeing gap-buck-toothed Joker.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cythereal posted:

Matthew Reilly, an Australian novelist whose main book series revolves around a marine nicknamed Scarecrow. The books are batshit insane action movies in book form, and by and large know they're being completely ridiculous. One book has a bad guy with an honest to goodness shark pit for prisoners in his evil fortress.

For anyone curious, here's the first book. http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Station-Scarecrow-Matthew-Reilly/dp/0312971230/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1455548331&sr=8-3&keywords=scarecrow+reilly

Then there's Area 7 (Scarecrow gets trapped in a secret army base with the president!) http://www.amazon.com/Area-7-Scarecrow-Matthew-Reilly/dp/0312983220/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455548538&sr=8-4&keywords=scarecrow+reilly
Then http://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Matthew-Reilly/dp/0312937660/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455548426&sr=8-2&keywords=scarecrow+reilly, where a 20 million dollar bounty is put on his head (this is the one with the shark pit)
Then "Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves", aka http://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Returns-Matthew-Reilly/dp/1416577602/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455548472&sr=8-1&keywords=scarecrow+reilly - he has 5 hours to stop a rogue army from launching a doomsday weapon from the north pole!
-There's also a 1/3-length book after the bounty hunt, haven't read it yet. http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Island-Matthew-Reilly/dp/1439191336/ref=bseries_primary_0_1439191336

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nice:

Some new TV posters:

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Better Call Saul isn't a Netflix show????

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Better Call Saul isn't a Netflix show????

It is overseas

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've only read these two, and these descriptions don't even come close to doing them proper justice. They become utterly stupid, but in the best possible way.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

OK, I remember these now. I forgot Super Marine Force Recon Man was called Scarecrow.

I remember my first exposure to Reilly was "Temple" and being confused on whether he was being serious or not until I came to my first sound effect being written out with exclamation points. After that I stopped caring and just reveled in the ridiculousness.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Not movie-related but still very cool and in the spirit of the thing, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory has designed a bunch of space travel posters, all of which are available for download in full resolution

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=5052

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A couple of new ones. One for the new Ghostbusters:

which is basically a shinier version of the original's teaser. And you know what? It's great. Why gently caress with a classic design?

and this one.

This whole thing just makes it look like a pale imitation of the Hunger Games. Like, literally. I've never seen any of the films, nor read the books they're based on, but everything about it gives off that vibe, especially this poster.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Also in a poster that is supposed to give you a sort of modernistic shades-of-white vibe he sure wears some lovely 90's camo pants and a stupid rifle that looks like it's made of tree bark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Palpek posted:

Also in a poster that is supposed to give you a sort of modernistic shades-of-white vibe he sure wears some lovely 90's camo pants and a stupid rifle that looks like it's made of tree bark.

I watched the first movie a while back because it was on TV and that gun is actually a step up from how stupid they looked in that.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Both those posters feel very Web 2.0

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh dear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why is Alice credited third?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Why is Alice credited third?

Because they know people are going to see this for DEPP and not Alice. (I'd also put Anne Hathaway over Mia Wasikowka on any poster)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I watched the first movie a while back because it was on TV and that gun is actually a step up from how stupid they looked in that.

Yeah, if I remember correctly they were like plastic and aluminum tube guns with radial fins and everything. It was like something out of the Tom Baker incarnation of Doctor Who.

IMFDB tells me the guns in Insurgent are Kriss Vectors in plastic shells, when they got a better budget, although I think they redesigned those guns yet again, since the gun on the poster only vaguely looks like the Insurgent carbine.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Palpek posted:

I think the idea is that while she can move between worlds, being Divergent, he always brings his militant nature with him, hence him being the same as in his reflection and her not. The worldview of those movies is asinine, and I won't defend the actual end result, but I get what they're going for.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure it's just that he wasn't meant to be there in the concept but some exec said 'we need love interest featured!' and they'd already done the shoot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sir Kodiak posted:

I think the idea is that while she can move between worlds, being Divergent, he always brings his militant nature with him, hence him being the same as in his reflection and her not. The worldview of those movies is asinine, and I won't defend the actual end result, but I get what they're going for.

Wait, what?

There's alternate worlds?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, what?

There's alternate worlds?

Metaphorical worlds.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Good lord

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The design for the Hatter is the worst part of these films. I can't explain why but I hate it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Teaser poster for the Shane Black Predator movie.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Not a poster per se, but I guess Fox has greenlit the Shane Black Predator sequel/reboot, because the official FB page posted this a few hours ago:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Inzombiac posted:

The design for the Hatter is the worst part of these films. I can't explain why but I hate it.

I actually don't mind the Hatter's design because he's the one character that they actually changed instead of just copying the Disney cartoon or John Tenniel's illustrations from the book. Even if it's just an excuse to have Depp be wacky and sell Hot Topic shirts at least they tried.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

Nice Iron Man 3 reference too.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sir Kodiak posted:

There was already a Shane Black Predator movie.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I hope they stick generally close to the original Predator design. The original Pred and the tweaked Preds from the final scene in Pred 2 were great designs. The "Super" Predators from that last movie looked ridiculous.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope they show more diverse Predator body types. There's a swole one, a slim athletic one, and goon predator sitting at a console in their ship.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I would unironically love to see a slovenly fatshit goon Predator.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

There was already a Shane Black Predator movie.

Fair enough, but this one is going to be even Blacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't wait for You'll the Never See Him Predator Coming