Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Toilet Mouth posted:

It doesn't have a greater than 50% chance of happening, but doesn't San Diego staying put and the Raiders going to LA seem like a plausible outcome?

Yes, if by some miracle the Chargers run out the clock without committing then the Raiders would probably go to LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ammanas posted:

The stadium sucks but its not about to be condemned you're happily parroting Owner Bullshit

Let's not underplay the fact that the locker rooms flood with sewage whenever it rains a lot. O.Co isn't terrible but single fact is enough to warrant a new stadium or heavy renovations.

Meanwhile, Qualcomm is boring and cold and you get bad cell service but it's a perfectly serviceable stadium as is.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So cold!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

computer parts posted:

Yes, if by some miracle the Chargers run out the clock without committing then the Raiders would probably go to LA.

Seems like the best outcome for everyone, seems like the Raiders have a lot more built-in fandom in LA than the Chargers. The Chargers must have some interest in leveraging the city and staying in SD or else what's the purpose of this 12 month ultimatum?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the chargers got 12 months just to see if some dumbass city councilperson panics and comes running in with billions in public money

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

v2vian man posted:

the chargers got 12 months just to see if some dumbass city councilperson panics and comes running in with billions in public money

Pretty much. Also Spanos would prefer not being a junior partner.

I don't think Davis really cares one way or the other because they're the loving Raiders in Los Angeles.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kroenke should be shitscared of the Raiders also coming to LA.

Because LA cares infinitely more about the Raiders than the Rams.

Nov 6, 2002

Two teams in LA is dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Toilet Mouth posted:

Seems like the best outcome for everyone, seems like the Raiders have a lot more built-in fandom in LA than the Chargers. The Chargers must have some interest in leveraging the city and staying in SD or else what's the purpose of this 12 month ultimatum?

The Chargers would make more money in LA, but probably can't afford to be a full partner in Inglewood. In San Diego, they have a fanbase and can attempt to build a stadium. If it doesn't work out, they can say, "Well, we tried" and go be Kroenke's tenant. Also, Spanos is talking about his loyalty and love for SD, which falls a little flat given that for a year he was focused on getting the hell out of town.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Kroenke should be shitscared of the Raiders also coming to LA.

Because LA cares infinitely more about the Raiders than the Rams.

This isn't actually true

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

This isn't actually true

They're fair weather more than anything else. If the LA team doesn't have the success of the contemporary patriots, Angelinos aren't going to fight the traffic to fill the stadium. But if you had to rank the three teams on nothing more than brand value to the market, it'd go Raiders, Rams, Chargers.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ross Angeles posted:

This isn't actually true

I don't remember NWA wearing LA Rams hats in Straight Outta Compton :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

I don't remember NWA wearing LA Rams hats in Straight Outta Compton :colbert:

this may surprise you, but Los Angeles is bigger than Compton

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

This isn't actually true

Wrong. As always about fandom in LA.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the raiders would be second class citizens in la, so even if they end up doing well enough to be la's team, kroenke will still get the prestige he wants by having a top team playing out of the top stadium in a major market that can host the draft and nfl network and poo poo. but as far as second class citizenship goes, you can't do better than a second class citizen in the nicest stadium in the league in one of the biggest league markets in a neutral stadium with digital displays for all logos. not to mention that kroenke is totally down to throw money at anything that sounds cool, to include separate halls of fame for each team and all sorts of poo poo like that which would make raiders fans just as at home as rams fans. i'd expect mark to announce the raiders are moving to la within 24 hours of the chargers getting a stadium deal or their deadline expiring.

as far as popularity, the la raiders are way more popular nationally than the la rams, and they'll get all the hippity hop street cred. so that may or may not result in better attendance, but they'll sure as poo poo sell more merchandise.

Nov 6, 2002

The Rams suck. That's all I know.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What are you talking about. Jeff Fisher is the perfect guy to really energize that LA base.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is 2025 the O/U on LA losing all its teams again

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

What are you talking about. Jeff Fisher is the perfect guy to really energize that LA base.

USC USC USC

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zen death robot posted:

Kroenke has to die first, give it 20 years then his wife will be sick of the west coast and want to move the Rams to her hometown of Bentonville, Arkansas

The Walton Rams.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

computer parts posted:

The Walton Rams.

The Bentonville Rollbacks.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Donkwich posted:

Is 2025 the O/U on LA losing all its teams again

They're not gonna lose a team for atleast 20+ years, when they need a new stadium and LA won't pay

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
You know how SD Charger fans would not travel to LA for games? SD Raider fans would make that drive in a heartbeat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

You know how SD Charger fans would not travel to LA for games? SD Raider fans would make that drive in a heartbeat.

Absolutely

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zurreco posted:

A fairly significant portion of the Oakland ticket holders drive up from LA every week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
People travel from all over and pack the stadium to see the Chargers now though when their favorite team is at Qualcomm

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's the same reason the Packers and Bills own for being so far north, yet still playing in open stadiums. :black101:

Cardinals, make your new stadium open too. Play through the heatstroke. Join the hardcore.

The problem isn't the roof (league rules mandate the roof is open unless there is projected inclement weather) but some super efficient cooling that keeps the players generally safe *yawn*.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rick posted:

The problem isn't the roof (league rules mandate the roof is open unless there is projected inclement weather) but some super efficient cooling that keeps the players generally safe *yawn*.

What's the point of being in the middle of a desert if you can't use 110 degree heat against your opponents?

Heatstroke is home field advantage, dammit.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

the raiders would be second class citizens in la, so even if they end up doing well enough to be la's team, kroenke will still get the prestige he wants by having a top team playing out of the top stadium in a major market that can host the draft and nfl network and poo poo. but as far as second class citizenship goes, you can't do better than a second class citizen in the nicest stadium in the league in one of the biggest league markets in a neutral stadium with digital displays for all logos. not to mention that kroenke is totally down to throw money at anything that sounds cool, to include separate halls of fame for each team and all sorts of poo poo like that which would make raiders fans just as at home as rams fans. i'd expect mark to announce the raiders are moving to la within 24 hours of the chargers getting a stadium deal or their deadline expiring.

as far as popularity, the la raiders are way more popular nationally than the la rams, and they'll get all the hippity hop street cred. so that may or may not result in better attendance, but they'll sure as poo poo sell more merchandise.

lol the Rams as a top team lolololol

All of his teams, outside of Arsenal, which barely counts, suck.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey now, the Avs won a Stanley Cup under his ownership :colbert:

And in 2009 he made Vince McMahon throw a toddler tantrum. Not many owners can lay claim to that!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The first year of his ownership

They then did nothing of note.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JRizzle posted:

i was talking about the raiders. the rams are doomed. and the avs loving suck and i hated kroenke long before this saga.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

JRizzle posted:

Are we really going to say that Arsenal doesn't suck?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
So is like the potential for the Las Vegas Raiders still just a distant pipe dream? The Sands CEO wants to build a billion dollar stadium for UNLV near the strip that'll seat 65k the teams could share.

Any chance of that being a real option or is Vegas just being used as leverage yet again and lol den of sin and gambling :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So is like the potential for the Las Vegas Raiders still just a distant pipe dream? The Sands CEO wants to build a billion dollar stadium for UNLV near the strip that'll seat 65k the teams could share.

Any chance of that being a real option or is Vegas just being used as leverage yet again and lol den of sin and gambling :(

Yes

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
As long as Sheldon Adelson loses a shitload of money somehow I'm ok with whatever happens

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Donkwich posted:

As long as Sheldon Adelson loses a shitload of money somehow I'm ok with whatever happens

If only he could lose more. Like two shitloads.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

Are we really going to say that Arsenal doesn't suck?

They're two points off the league lead and just beat the top team

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
ESPN's effort post on the LA relocation made it seem like the Raiders were hardly even considered because the old white men running things were scared of how LA gangs had previously co-opted Raiders swag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
"I don't like them hippity hoppity thugs" -Dan Snyder

• Locked thread