Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Pham Nuwen posted:

He says it needs tires and a wiper motor... I'd think it's got more than that wrong if he's selling it for 20-year-old Taurus prices.
And an O2 sensor and abs cable (?). Is O2 sensor code for serious engine problems?

It's red and I want it :getin:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BloodBag posted:

Do you have to like the comic book to enjoy it?

The most comic-book-oriented knowledge you need is knowing who Stan Lee is / what he looks like, so that you can laugh at his cameo appearance. The movie stands on its own (and makes a lot of fun of superhero cliches in general, comic book or movie) without anything else.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

willroc7 posted:

How bad an idea is this http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5447672319.html. For a winter beater.

Not too bad if it's had the timing belt done recently. Clean and manual. The automatics of that vintage had issues.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SouthsideSaint posted:

Not too bad if it's had the timing belt done recently. Clean and manual. The automatics of that vintage had issues.

Yeah, solid drivetrain, random electrical bullshit that's rarely debilitating. As a Winter beater, it'd be a great thing.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Still haven't seen season 6 of venture bros yet, why is it on at the worst times for me to watch it entirely?

I don't have cable so I've been watching it on amazon prime. It's pretty great.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
gently caress you, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority.

Violation: Unpaid Toll; Plaza 34, 75th St, 21:45:04 on 1/16/16. Toll: $1.10, Violation: $20.00, Total: $21.10

code:
IAG TOLL INCOMING TRANSACTION	1/16/2016 9:45:03 PM	015 - ISHTA	75th St.	($0.55)	Bal: $28.75
"Well your license plate is in the picture so it is a valid violation, you can take it to court if you really want sir but I recommend you pay in full because court is going to cost you a lot more than that." :fuckoff:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Apparently we're going to see deadpool in less than an hour. :)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Apparently we're going to see deadpool in less than an hour. :)

We're going at some point this afternoon. Wife has to get an eye exam and new contacts first.

I asked if it was just so she could see RR in all his glory and she refused to answer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

We're going at some point this afternoon. Wife has to get an eye exam and new contacts first.

I asked if it was just so she could see RR in all his glory and she refused to answer.

Uh, glory? He looks like an avocado hosed an older, uglier avocado.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geirskogul posted:

Uh, glory? He looks like an avocado hosed an older, uglier avocado.

He's .....haunting.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Got the wife flowers - an actual Calla Lily plant - I hate cut (dead) flowers - delivered on Friday. Saturday night we hit up Texas Land & Cattle, which only had the usual Saturday night 20-minute wait. And then I managed to knock her completely untouched Margarita into here lap. Actually the first time I've managed to do that since I met her. Felt like such a doofus.
We didn't go to see Deadpool because she needed to do homework and study for school, but she wants to go, so probably next weekend.
Did some handyman stuff for my mom-in-law. Not a bad weekend at all.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Spent a couple hours this president's day morning laying down TIG beads.

Only zapped myself a couple of times!

Starting a puddle on the joint was surprisingly hard.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 15, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Waiting on my wife's eye exam to get done.

Some lady just brought her kid in, who was terrified of going to the doctor. Yells at her to stop. Kid coughs. Yells at her again.

Kid proceeds to puke all over the counter, mom screams at her again, yanks her arm like she's trying to tackle her, and the kid projectile vomits over half the floor.

I loving hate people.

Edit: and the lady just went "she threw up." Then just walks out.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I work with a bunch of 40 year old babies. Neat.

Safety Dance posted:

Spent a couple hours this president's day morning laying down TIG beads.

Only zapped myself a couple of times!

Starting a puddle on the joint was surprisingly hard.

Nice! How much of a gap did you fill?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching 30 For 30: the 85 Bears.

Why can't football be like this again?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Nice! How much of a gap did you fill?

I chucked those pieces back into the scrap bucket before I left, but it was maybe 1/16" or so.

This may not be a groundbreaking discovery, but I worked out that the puddle would make a horseshoe-shape going across the gap, and I could walk that horseshoe down the length of the seam by dabbing my filler rod into one side and then the other.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Weather's been really crazy lately. It's 10f out right now and tomorrow it's gonna be over 50. It would be nice if it stayed warm because I have wheels and brakes coming and I'd like to put them on my car but the temps need to stabilize.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Buhbuhj posted:

Weather's been really crazy lately. It's 10f out right now and tomorrow it's gonna be over 50. It would be nice if it stayed warm because I have wheels and brakes coming and I'd like to put them on my car but the temps need to stabilize.

I feel ya. I've been putting off changing my blower motor resistor pack (attempt #2) until it's above freezing for long enough that I can do it without kneeling in slush.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Watching 30 For 30: the 85 Bears.

Why can't football be like this again?

Because instead of there being 50 great players and 750 moonlighting bartenders in the league like in the mid 80's, there's now 800 guys who can run a 4.5 40 or better.

25 of the league's 50 were on that Bears team that year.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Safety Dance posted:

I chucked those pieces back into the scrap bucket before I left, but it was maybe 1/16" or so.

This may not be a groundbreaking discovery, but I worked out that the puddle would make a horseshoe-shape going across the gap, and I could walk that horseshoe down the length of the seam by dabbing my filler rod into one side and then the other.

TIG is interesting because there seems to be 50 ways to fill it, vs MIG is just zig zag and thats about all you really can do. I am sure there are other techniques for doing open root on mig, but that's the way I learned.

I have been contemplating on picking up one of those cheaper everlast lift tig machines for 300 bucks and playing around.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Buhbuhj posted:

Northeast? Same here in central mass, -5 to -10 with like 20 degrees of windchill yesterday and tomorrow it'll be in the 50s.

Plumbers are going to be making a killing on all the "frozen pipe from two days ago is now turning my kitchen into a lake" calls.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Safety Dance posted:

I feel ya. I've been putting off changing my blower motor resistor pack (attempt #2) until it's above freezing for long enough that I can do it without kneeling in slush.

I've got an oil change that fits in that category, too.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My suv has been making some funky noises upon start up the last few days. I'm just glad it starts at all, even if it doesnt happen til the 3rd or 4th try.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
You can use rope instead of buying TRX bands right? I'm not overlooking some super valuable feature of TRX bands am I?

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 16, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Because instead of there being 50 great players and 750 moonlighting bartenders in the league like in the mid 80's, there's now 800 guys who can run a 4.5 40 or better.

25 of the league's 50 were on that Bears team that year.

Like I said, why can't it be like that again? It was a better game.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ether Frenzy posted:

Because instead of there being 50 great players and 750 moonlighting bartenders in the league like in the mid 80's, there's now 800 guys.......

.... who get pumped full of the kind of steroids and volumes pro cyclists would never even contemplate. That's not even being cynical, that's the literal reality of pro sport.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MustardFacial posted:

You can use rope instead of buying TRX bands right? I'm not overlooking some super valuable feature of TRX bands am I?
Rope will work fine, benefit of the TRX is the handles but that's pretty easy to replicate.

No Deadpool today just a lot of boring driving, probably see it Friday. Work set me up with a pretty nice hotel and I have pizza on the way so I can't complain.

Sounds like I missed a bunch of ice and lovely weather at home. Been a strange winter for the south.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

NitroSpazzz posted:

Rope will work fine, benefit of the TRX is the handles but that's pretty easy to replicate.

The handles aren't really a problem, I've got a solution to that already. Is there a reason besides ease-of-use the the TRX has a single anchor point?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Hot diggity drat, I found three bowls of instant noodles in the back of the pantry!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just deep fried two diced chicken breasts, slathered them in hot sauce and ate them. I have two more and I think I'm gonna eat them too.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

I just deep fried two diced chicken breasts, slathered them in hot sauce and ate them. I have two more and I think I'm gonna eat them too.

Deep fry a chicken breast with a steak wrapped around it. His will be done.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Rhyno posted:

Like I said, why can't it be like that again? It was a better game.

Money.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I went and got Thai food with my classmates while working on our senior design project and now I am v full

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Deadpool was loving awesome.

The gaggles of eight year olds were not.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MustardFacial posted:

The handles aren't really a problem, I've got a solution to that already. Is there a reason besides ease-of-use the the TRX has a single anchor point?
Nope ease of use is the basic selling point of TRX and every other suspension trainer being sold.

BBQ chicken pizza while watching stupid movies at the hotel, not bad. Finding out we aren't even leaving for the site until 8am tomorrow, even better.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

.... who get pumped full of the kind of steroids and volumes pro cyclists would never even contemplate.

I'm not sure this is even possible. I think pro cycling is like the beta test for performance enhancing drugs.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Isn't Deadpool supposed to be an underdog superhero?

Ryan Reynolds gets to go home every night and gently caress Blake Lively; how is that underdog?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
100km on the bike today. Had a big breakfast, a big lunch at the midpoint, and half a pizza for dinner.
Still 1500 calories below goal. Its a good day.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ilkhan posted:

100km on the bike today. Had a big breakfast, a big lunch at the midpoint, and half a pizza for dinner.
Still 1500 calories below goal. Its a good day.

Well done; I can't remember the last time I rode that far. I'm going to try and do it before the end of March, weather permitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

Isn't Deadpool supposed to be an underdog superhero?

Ryan Reynolds gets to go home every night and gently caress Blake Lively; how is that underdog?

And he got to grab Moreena Baccarin's tits. I wonder how many takes that scene had.

• Locked thread